Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #16  
wsw

kat- it's soooo good to see you! welcome home! we missed you. sorry things have been so rough with your sister.

anagram-hope your windows are to your liking. glad that things turned out well on thanksgiving. that is neat that you got to see your newest great nephew, and that you have new baby neighbor. it is amazing to be around wee ones. enjoy that new widescreen t.v.

kaylets-hope things are ok as possible for dh. thinking of you both and sending lots of good thoughts and hugs. you are so right about perspective, and paying attention to what really matters.

arabella-sorry you keep getting so many colds, and that you were not able to sing recently because of having laryngitis. please take good care of yourself! all your recent parties sounded nice. that cake you made looks like it was beautiful! i am impressed with your baking prowess.

hi ceara! thinking of you.

and hello to all our dear royals. i have missed you all. it was a challenging time after my condo. flood. i ended up having to stay in the hotel for 4 weeks+ before i could get back in. i have been sick with a cold that just wouldn't go away. anyhoo-now i have all my furniture(which had been able to be repaired) and clothes, etc , back now, and have replaced the furniture which couldn't be salvaged. now, i am dealing with fighting with the insurance company, but all the big stuff is taken care of. i have to say, the past couple of months wore me out. i am almost completely unpacked (now that i have furniture drawers to put my stuff in again), but not quite. i am looking for a new place to live much more actively, and because i had to live here in a warehouse-like place til i got the bulk of my furniture back, it inspired me to go through a lot of my things and weed out and donate a lot, so that once i do find a new place, i should be pretty organized when it is time to pack.

the folks were so nice at the hotel, and i certainly appreciated that big-time. each night when i came back, they would ask me how the renovation was going, etc.

i haven't lost an ounce in the past couple of months, and in fact, gained about 6 pounds, but actually i consider that a moral victory, since i had never had to literally eat out for every single meal for an entire month before this. in the past, i would not have paid attention to what i was eating at all, and i did try to make the best choices i could, for the most part. anyway, i am back on track with food plan and regular exercise now, which feels much better. the cold weather and a physically exhausting time recently have added to some "ms technical difficulties," but i am definitely feeling better now. every time i hear it rain, though, when i am in bed, it makes the same sound that the flood did in my bedroom closet. it wakes me up, and creeps me out a bit until i realize that it is just plain old rain. i have already had to have a plumber out since i have been back home, so i sure won't miss these plumbing nightmares when i move---believe me! i have seen a couple possible places so far which i can add to my list, and i am feeling encouraged about that.

it is good to be back home here in the royal palace among friends! it is cooold now, and i am bundled up while writing this. i am just the biggest winter wuss. lol! ah well! have a good evening. take care, all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #17  

wsw -how great to have you back. What a battle you had. I must admit I thought of you a lot this week while things were in disarray and I figured if you could endure, so shall I....And all is well now and while there were the usual malfunctions, for the most part all went well.

So good to have you in the palace, kat and there you go - the sun did come out for you. Someday perhaps it will too with your sister. If I remember aright, this flared up not too long after your Dad's passing. I'm suspecting Sis is now somewhat defensive over her own bad behavior. But you just remember you are NOT the one prolonging this situation. Live your life well and (dare I say it) PRAY for your sister. I have long found this to be a good discipline when I have reason to be upset with someone. It's sort of my revenge

How are those toenails coming, Wood Nymph? I love that and it is indeed one good measure. (I just made a mani/pedi appt. for right before Christmas but I'm still working on the ones I got cheaply at an online auction). So in that respect, I'm fairly healthy

Now to weight - I was not weighing while there were no blinds/drapes in the room with scale - signce I didn't want my nekkid body on display this week. So this a.m. I gave it a whirl expecting an "upsies" since I have not been "good". To my surprise it was 199 and so I am inspired to hold on and get it gooing again.

I was not "good" because I did go to a dinner and a luncheon this week and (particularly at the luncheon) gave it my all - plus a few "comfort" sessions during the evenings when I sat by candlelight since all the blinds, etc. were missing. Same old ones are all back up now and it's amazing how good they look!!! Some lesson in perspective in that once I figure it all out.

Very cold here today and I am going to run around a bit after tai chi and then go out again into the evening. Have lots of get up and go but figure it's nervous energy. Whatever, must may hay while sun is shining.

Whatever, I'm feeling Palace Warmth as I look out at the remaining bits of snow from Wednesday. Brrr in PA. Hey surprised to hear kat was at the Gettysburg Outlets but now she can get a visual of me there on my many trips to Princessville.

ROYAL HUGS ALL AROUND - AND SOME IN RESERVE FOR MISSING SISTERS!!!!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #18  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Happy Saturday!

So here we are. We're going to get our tree today and will get it up and decorated tomorrow. D's birthday party is Wednesday Eve. I've got the cake in the freezer, pineapple flowers, too. I've got parsley washed and drying for tabouli, chickpeas cooked for hummus. I'm going to make my super-easy lemon-garlic chicken, a big Greek salad and rice pilaf... I'm cooking with gas, on the front burner.

I may still be slumping with laptop in my PJ's with but have vacuumed, started soup for lunch, done the above. I'm officially pleased with my progress.

We're invited to a party tonight, which I think is one step too far for the day. It starts at 9, at a bar. In theory, going out dancing would be wonderful but in practice I think by the time I get through everything I want to get done today, collapsing on the couch with DH and a movie will be more like it. And BED by 9 p.m.

Tomorrow is our family Christmas party...

WSW, so glad to see you've survived. You really should think about suing the condo management. :

You deserve more than just whatever the insurance is likely to give you.
I'm still sitting here shaking my head at what you had to go through. And if the management had even come and checked out the unit above you... yeah, just shaking my head.

I think that cold's going around. I was talking to someone who said they'd had it for 7 weeks. Bah!

Anagram, I haven't quite managed Operation Toepolish yet. I've got soles smoothed and lotioned, though. Maybe today... I'm thinking a bright lavendery-pink...

I admire the way you're managing the holiday stuff and keeping a grip on Onederland or at least the very border. KUDOS!!!

Kat, what a nice reward -- a walk in warm sunshine!

K, Lovelies, my bath is ready -- going to spruce up! Let's make this a good one!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #19  

Ah, you are indeed an inspiration, Arabella. Today is good here - lots of peace and quiet here after the hectic week. I think I'm going w/my mid size artificial tree this year (actually the top of an old one). I liked my bigger one last year and may do it again next year but too much for this year, methinks. It will be in family room with ceramic one in foyer and another tiny arificial in living room. Angels will come out in force and dominate. Friend gave me another gorgeous one this week and she'll be featured. (Like my granddaughter's dolls and stuffed toys, all my angels are female.)

Anyway started some of that. going to a funeral, then to one last dept store. Not for gifts per se. I'm done that if I could only find the last two things for DIL. May need to come up with something else (looking like) and these two were SO her. Mulling spice and tai spices. Where or where could they be?

Anyway - I weighed 197 this a.m. Cannot fathom how - truly - other than the whoosh fairy theory. And I'm still on the prednisone. I'll never figure me out.

Ok off I go.......
Old 12-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Oh, my dear sweet wsw! What an ordeal! I must say you've proven your metal, though, through an extremely trying time! Those dainty fingernails must be made of steel! All good thoughts and wishes coming at you, I know those 6# will be gone soon, now that things are settling down a bit. I love the image of you making lemonade from the lemons you were handed, by organizing, and weeding out, and planning for a future move! Oh, and I second Arabella's motion re: suing the condo company. Absolutely.

Anagram... thank you for your very thoughtful, insightful words regarding 'the situation.' I had to laugh at your REVENGE! You are so right! I do pray for her and I miss her and I know she misses me. I tell myself, (and my mother) "all things in time." I did think of you when we were out in Gettysburg in Oct! We went out for a "Living History" weekend to see my nephew as a part of the 12th Alabama Infantry. They were really immersed in character, but not so much that they stayed in the woods, as planned, during the TORRENTIAL rain we had that Saturday night! I love Gettysburg, could really spend a lot of time there if I lived a bit closer! Next time out though, I sure hope that we can get together! PS... big CONGRATS on staying under the big 2!! Most impressive!

Arabella... Thank you so much for reminding me about the TOENAIL SCALE! I, too, have some scraps of polish from a pedicure long past! It's really time to remedy that situation... before this weekend is out, I VOW, it will be done! But first: cleaning, decorating, packing, shopping, laundry, wrapping, more cleaning, and most definitely a DYE job on this head! Your menu sounds delightful, and I have to say, that cake looked spectacular! Way too pretty to cut, let alone eat! Hoping your cold is on it's way out!

Okay, the coffee's done... time to get busy. I just realized that I did not get on the scale this a.m. as planned, and certainly can't NOW, since I'm dressed, have eaten and drank two cups of coffee! Will do 1st thing tomorrow and change ticker accordingly.

Have a great day, faire s... present and afar!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-12-2009 at 11:07 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Royals! T'is another wayfarer dropping in at the palace after a long absence. T'is so nice to see ye are all here at holiday time.

I am Amarantha now known in these parts as Janga, haven't been here since September, I realized, as mine ancient computer doesn't take kindly to this site sometimes but I think o' ye queenlies a lot. Hoping to be here more in the future but don't want to intrude.

I have been embarked on an exercise streakity streak this year, no day of workouts missed and I am fast approaching 28,000 minutes of exercise for the year (I like to exercise). Beyond that I don't have a lot to contribute re the discussions o' the journey, weight is stable but I still work at it and do holiday themes.

Have read each postie and taken it all in and so enjoyed the visit.

Arabella, that cake is BEAUTIFUL!

See ye, dear royal ones. Have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-13-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #22  

Howdy, Janga - good to hear from you and that you're still fighting the good fight

197.8 this morning. Happy camper, here.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Niiiice numbers there, Anagram! Way to go!

Greetings, Janga! You've got some nice numbers there too! Most Impressive! Nice to see you back in the Palace...don't ever think that you are an intruder!

I'm on the tail end of my lunch break, but I wanted to get a quick postie in. Tonight I'm hoping to wind up the rest of my shopping, what little I have left. Got all the decorations up (that are going up) over the weekend ... basically, everything except the big, live tree. Thank god we did most of that on Saturday, which was a lovely day, and didn't wait til yesterday, which was a big ol' rainy mess of a day! Our little Charlie Brown tree actually looks cute in the window and took WAY less time than is normally spent on that whole endeavor! Hmmm...

Allright time's up... Happy Monday to all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-14-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #24  
wsw

anagram-woohoo on those impressive numbers!!!!!! you rock!

janga-nice to see you, as always! happy holidays to you too!

kat-all your shopping almost done--i'm impressed. not so for me, but have definitely been making a dent in my list as of this afternoon's outing.
i sure am considering if i will take legal action against condo. management co. from ****. the only thing that may stop me is all the added stress, so still mulling over the possibilities at this point.

arabella-the toenail litmus test sure applies to me too. i too need to treat myself better this year. in fact, i was reminded of that again today when a friend told me she was going to have a pedicure this afternoon, which is part of the early christmas present i gave her (a spa day of massage, pedicure, and manicure.) i will plan for a pedicure sometime soon too. in fact, i just may also pick a bold color to adorn my toes at that time.

hello kaylets!

hi ceara!

and greetings to all our lovely royals! staying op consistently now, and exercising so that is feeling good. having to use my walker more now so having to get a little more creative with some of my exercise, but so far so good. i have some good chair exercise dvd's which really help. well, hope a good evening will be had by all. take care.

Last edited by wsw; 12-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #25  

As usual, I blew the numbers. Was at 199 today but had a bad, weak, naughty evening last night.

Well, actually it was a FATIGUE evening. I know very well those are my weakest times and must learn, learn, learn, other ways to get me through. Back on target this a.m. though.

Closing in on getting done too. Still have not found DDIL's items. Bought another one or two thinking that would be the best way for the early ones to show up but so far, no go. (I'd save any excess for her b.d.)

Devoting the rest of the day to peaceful, smallish endeavors so I don't end up as bombed as yesterday. Gray, quiet, etc. today so perfect for smallish projects.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #26  

And today 199.2 - the backward slide continues. Some of it is lack of exercise. I've been busy little beaver but no tai chi, no pool, no walking except in stores, etc.

Hanging in - wish my fingernails (and portions) were as dainty as those of wsw.

Happy BD to Arabella's DH - today is my DDs as well - and Beethovan's!!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #27  
a work in progress...

Default Early Bird Edition...

I'm here at work bright and early because I have to leave at 2 for a funeral for a friend's mom. I just wanted to pop in because I know I won't get a chance to later. I know that I stay way more focused when I'm coming to the Palace on a regular basis... have already gone down a lb since coming back...

A few of us here at work do a tai chi session every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 7:30... we go up to the chapel, where it's pretty and peaceful and quiet... leave a cd player there for the music and spend about 25 minutes there. It's a very nice way to start the day. I'd better get going and get a few things done before I head upstairs.

Will try to get in later, have a great day, all!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #28  

That sounds like a great way to start the day, kat, and worth any extra "early" minutes.

Couldn't get online yesterday for some reason but all seems ok today.
198.4 yesterday, 197.8 today. So happy enough.

Waiting for a 6-10" inch snowfall tomorrow so am heading out to run some errands today around my tai chi class.

I DO NOT WANT A 6-10" SNOWFALL - but a must be accepting.

Saw a lovely clip on TV of HRH Elizabeth boarding a train to her winter castle for the holidays. Her first class ticket cost $70. Commentators were joking around about where was her "bag" as in her cloth coat and scarf she resembled a bag lady. I thought she looked great. When you've got the inner royal glam, you don't need any other.

Would like said clip to be mandatory viewing for lots of politicians.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #29  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Red face Saturday in the Palace

And I vow to make the day as restful as possible while also accomplishing as much as poss. Tomorrow is another party... I've pretty much gotten to the point that I'm cranky at people for inviting us

I have not been doing very well at all. Between getting sick, computer woes -- my laptop was out of commission most of this past week -- and hosting parties, I've been exhausted, stressed, and... you can guess the rest.

But I think I might get a chance to catch my breath today, so I intend to get back OP.

This just in: I stopped and did a Turbo Jam video. First time through and I more or less managed it. Followed up with some yoga. Got laundry going. Had an epsom salt bath. Now -- more and I'll finish this message, I will.

Anagram, you're my hero! Fantastic the way you're edging lower.

I know what you mean about HRH -- she always looks so wonderfully self-possessed and regal. No wonder we identify!

Kat, that tai chi session sounds like a beautiful way to start the day. I haven't been practicing but I'm going to get back to it first thing in the new year.

WSW, I've got to admit I'm STILL failing the darn toe polish test. Maybe today's the day? I haven't finished my shopping yet either and I'm going to have to look slippy to get it done.

Kaylets, how are things going? Are you going to be able to take some time off over the holidays?

Janga, how nice to see you in the Palace! You have been so fabulously successful -- kudos!

K, Lovelies, I'm going to hit submit before something else comes up. Let's take this day and run with it!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #30  
a work in progress...

Alas, I'm in that snowstorm target zone also... I love your words, anagram: A queen must be accepting. So true. ...Accept the things you cannot change... I do try to practice that daily, and I am getting better at it as I get older. I will literally take a deep breath, unclench my shoulders and... accept. Learning to choose my battles, you might say.

I am standing firm at last week's weight, despite a brief foray down a pound. Am realizing that my food choices are mostly good, but I must really boost up the exercise. I hate to say, "starting in Jan," but at this point I'm going to just squeeze in what I can, when I can. Still taking my walks at lunchtime, park as far away as I can, and take stairs when I can. That's all I can manage right now, so it will have to do.

We seem to be in between flakes right now, so I'm off to the post office, grocery, and druggist to pick up refills before our journey to CA next week. Bah humbug. Wait! See? I'm forgetting already:
A must be accepting. Serenity Now!

Laundry, packing, wrapping, ?baking to be done here this weekend.

Hoping all are snuggled and warm and doing well... will try to pop in again before we leave.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-19-2009 at 11:33 AM.