Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/147.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Oh yeah Skimmy - that was Tracy that got voted off - yay - she was bad.
I too am grateful for everyone on here! I check this board as much as FB I figure computer addiction is better than carb addiction!

I spoke to my HM gal about my goal weight and she said I could probably go lower (I have a small frame), but suggested I don't actually set a goal weight (which has been stressing me a bit). Instead, just keep going until I think it's time. That helps me a bit, cause I was really worried about doing stab over xmas. So I'll go till at least the first week in January, and for ticker purposes I've increased my goal weight another 5lbs to 139. Feels good.

Skimmy and Wannabe - get better soon! Kim - hope the pain goes away soon, but really....don't you love it - you totally kicked butt yesterday!

Good luck on the WI's Renee and Tamara!!
Laura
Lauratigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! FInally found you over here

I had a challenging weekend of events where Ihad no control over the menu and then my b-day was Sunday and my kids were disgusted that I wasn't going to have any of my own cake so I had a little slice.

In the meantime, my home scale has been going up up up the last few days! What the??? I haven't been that far off plan so I can only assume it is salt/water weight. Here's hoping it is gone soon.

In the meantime, I am drinking TONS of water and hoping for the bet when I get to the centre tomorrow.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh yes...I too am a Biggest Loser addict and was thrilled that Tracey finally got the boot!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #19  
5 lbs at a time!!

S/C/G: 202/195/150

Height: 4'11

Tracey....Oh YES she was BAD...was not sad to see her and her buggy eyes leave lastweek...she had freaky eyes...lol...and she was nasty and just not a fair player....but she did look amazing at the end...but we will all look better then her in the end as well....YEAH US!!!!

Yes I love that I succeeded at something that scared the **** outta me...but seriously does it have to hurt THIS MUCH....LOL...OMG my thighs still kill....was hoping by this evening they will feel better so I can hit the the gym...but I want to be able to get out of bed in the morning...everytime I walk I feel the burn ESPECIALLY when I walk up the stairs...OH MY!! LOL
I had to kneel down yesterday at work to wipe some juice up off the floor and one of the residents was watching me...and she says...that looked like it hurt...ALOT...I didn't even know she was watching me....LOL..and I said yeah my legs are sore today...and she said...YEAH I can tell....lol...I felt like a fool...lol

MOM....YOU MADE FOUND US...YEAH!!!!!!!!! Don't let those darn scales get you down...seriously I think someone should just burn them all sometimes....LOL

Good luck at your WI today!!!!

Have a great day!
better life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Hey ladies!

Long time, no talk... I always read up on you all and am really excited for everything you have accomplished, especially the ups and downs that come with keeping on track to a healthy lifestyle!

I'm about to start stab C.. way too much food for me. Also going to start taking a prescription that has a side effect of weight gain.. boo. Hopefully it doesn't happen to me lol. My scale had been pretty stable the last few weeks.. good for stab... but it's not at a number I'm really happy with. Trying to step it up at the gym and eliminate my FE so that I can get down a bit more.. .not sure what weight I'll be happy with. Trying to get to the gym at least 4 days a week and have stuck with either going 4 miles in 45 minutes or 5 miles in an hour. Also doing some exercises to tone the abs, but still have that pesky layer of bulge over top that is preventing me from seeing my progress (at least that's what I keep telling myself!) Not sure what happens from here if the gym doesn't do it for me... wondering if I'm allowed to start cutting back on foods again and repeat the process without the supplements... or what exactly happens when my year with HM is up. Know my progress at the gym would be more noticeable if I was eating less... hmm. Not part of the program though. Any suggestions?

Good luck to everyone on their WI Wednesday! Think I may be heading into the city tomorrow too... as long as I don't get sick first! About 20% of the school population away yesterday.. yikes!
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165.6/149.8/125

Height: 5 ft

Great job ladies! Keep up the good work everyone. I'm hoping that you will all inspire me to get my butt to the gym LOL. I know this week is a write off because I have something going on every evening, but I should be able to get there on the weekend and next week for sure.

I had my wi tonight and was very happy to see I'm down 1.4 lbs. I've been a little disappointed in my numbers lately so I was very happy with that number Didn't realize until I changed my ticker, but I'm down over 13 lbs

I too am a BL fan. I always save my FE usually 100 cal chips to eat while I'm watching it LOL

Question for those of you who are running on a threadmill, how exactly are you doing it? Did you just get on and run as long as you can? Still not sure how to do it as I don't have Jillian screaming in my ear LMAO.
sunflower72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #22  
5 lbs at a time!!

Wow what did you all think of The Biggest Loser tonight?? I was very sad to see Shay go, but it is all about the game...was also hoping to see her progress....I am not sure who I want to be TBL....I like Rudy...and Dani....Liz drives me NUTS...she is so snooty. And Rebecca and Allen remind me of the arrogant people that think they are better then everyone else....and Amanda...well I do like her she is a sweetheart....I am so torn....where are your thoughts??

Looking forward to my WI tomorrow...hoping my workouts will show tomorrow, I hit the gym again tonight and pushed myself on the treadmill...felt great at the time...but my legs are still sore...I just don't want to rest them too much and have to go throught this all over again the next time I run.

Tamara...I still have yet to get up the nerve to run on the treadmill. I was talking with a co-worker that has taken up running over the last year or so and she told me today that running outside is much harder then the treadmill...so if I can conquer it outside....I have to be able to do it inside, for me it is more of a self esteem thing...I am embarassed at what people will think...which is what I dealt with on Sunday when I had to talk myself into running in the first place....all I kept thinking was OMG what if someone I know drives by...what if I see so and so...blah blah blah...and then I thought...to he** with everyone else and what they might think...atleast I am doing something to help myself....and I can do this. and I just did it!! And it was the best feeling I have felt in a very long time...it was a feeling of accomplishment, and that is something I haven't felt very much when it comes to taking care of myself. Tamara...you can do this...you need to inspire yourself and just do it...and it is the best feeling you will ever feel...I was so proud of myself on Sunday.....when my face was beat red and I was soaked in sweat...and even the pain I am feeling right now...I am proud of.....because I took control and beat one of my fears...I looked it in the eye and kicked it's ***!!! NEXT IN LINE...kicking that treadmill's ***....LOL And when I do...you all will know let me tell you...it might take me a while, but I will do it. It reminds me of the week Jillian was after Dana to jump up on the stool...I know exactly how she felt because that is how the treadmill makes me feel. I will beat that big ugly piece of metal...one of these days!!!!!!!

Way to go on the loss as well Tamara...you are doing fantastic!!

Michele....I hope you do well on this new med you are going on!! keep us posted...we are all here for you!!

Well ladies I am off to bed...I am so tired tonight. Glad to be off tomorrow...not much housework to do either, which is GREAT!!!

See you all tomorrow!!

K

Last edited by better life; 11-10-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #23  

Hi Everyone, just finished watching Biggest Loser - darn, two of my faves went home I find Liz annoying too! Not sure who I like best now.

Better Life - some people cry at movies, I cry at the finish line of races. I don't care about the fast people who make it look easy. I care about those who you can see really worked for it (big or small), and I'm so happy for them I cry. (I'm one of those people - took me 5 hours, but I did a marathon 9 years ago). So, if you insist on worrying what others are thinking about you when you're on the treadmill - think about me crying watching you because you are such an inspiration!!

Tamara - man, me too - I'm so lazy. I get this way when it starts getting dark out. Maybe we should challenge each other to get in to the gym three times next week.

Mom - good to see you here again - hope that water weight is off!

Michele - sorry, no suggestions. I bet HM would say you have to do supplements Maybe you can just try and modify the diet yourself? You know, I don't do abs cause I figure I don't want muscles in my tummy bigger - I'll use any excuse to not do abs - ha ha! Seriously, I'd rather run for hours than do 10 sit ups. Good luck!

Have a great day everyone!
Laura
Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165.6/149.8/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks ladies.

I was sad last night with the BL too. I wish they showed more about how Shay was doing at home though. I really hope she can keep it up. I was so sad to see Daniel's best friend and his attitude towards his wl. I guess we have all been there and you do need to mentally be in the right spot to get the weight off. Anyway, I have to agree with all of you about Rebecca and Allen and I think I would like Dani or Rudy to win.

I guess my running I worry about because with other things there is really only one way to do it so I know I'm doing it right. With the running I'm not sure if I just go for it and run for as long as I can because I don't have Jillian there to yell at me to keep going LOL That's why I liked my couch to 5 k program because it prompts you to run or walk and I am sweating by the end. I too have heard that it is harder to run outside, but I figured for me if I'm on the treadmill I have to run because the machine is going and if I'm outside I will slow down or stop easier because nothing is "forcing" me to run if you get what I mean. Gonna get back to the gym for sure next week. This week just had too much with dentist appointments, meetings etc that I could have only gone 1 day and my leg was still hurting then from my "injury"

Good luck to all of you who still have wi's this week
sunflower72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #25  
5 lbs at a time!!

Awwww Laura...you just brought tears to my eyes...It is comments like that...that keep me pushing on.....thanks so much

I am just waiting for my mom to get and pick me up so we can go to the center...I am sooooo hungry this morning it's not even funny...I ate dinner lastnight at around 5pm and that was the last I ate....wasn't hungry lastnight by the time I went to the gym and at 6:30, got home at around 7:45 I jumped in the shower quick then watched my show till 10:00...came down checked email, wrote you guys and went to bed....NOW I am STARVING...LOL

So HOPEFULLY today isn't one of the days she shows up late...

Talk to you all very soon and hopefully with some good news!

K
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #26  

Height: 5'9

BL was alright last night! I suppose they left an update for Shay till the finale so we can all be wowed at how well(or not) she has done! I do like how they are mixing the game up, keeps the contestants on their toes that for sure.
I'm still sick but I think I'm slowly getting over it. Hoping to get a weigh in on Friday. My scale at home says I'm the same. Being sick and trying to lose weight really sucks.
Heading off this morning to the local legion for the remembrance day ceremony. My husband as been given the honor of standing vigil at the epitaph. Take a few minutes to remember those that have fallen and those that continue to fight the good fight! ...then go for a run!

ps. when I started running on the treadmill the trainer told me to always start at an incline of 2, that way it is more like your running outside and its better on the knees!
skimmy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #27  
5 lbs at a time!!

Hello again.....I am back and smiling so big I can hardly stand it!!!!! 172 BABY!! I was down 3.25lbs...wahoooo!!!!!! So excited about that!! I am so close to being in the 160's OMG....I have not been there since I was a teenager...so I am setting a goal for myself to lose 2.25lbs just enough to put me at 169.75lbs....my next WI day is Monday....it might be a little much to shoot for since I did have such a great drop today....even if I am there by next Saturday when I weigh...I am okay with that!!

Will be back...have to go change my ticker/profile/whatever....LOL

Okay so I am back...and just noticed I am passed the halfway mark on my WL journey....wow....feels so great too. We went over my plan again and she suggested a few different things for me to do, but she left the foods and supps alone for now, she does like the way I am coming along. I am not that far off track I guess.

Well I am going to go have a lie down...still feeling tired.

Have a great afternoon!!

Last edited by better life; 11-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #28  

Hello Ladies...Thanks for the updates on the Biggest Loser..I missed it last night because I was workign night shift this week! But I'm all up to date thanks to all of you
Went for my WI today and was down 3.2lbs....such a good loss. I'm not sure if its because of different eating patterns while working night shift..I find I don't eat as much. Does anyone else work rotating days to nights that they could share what they do??
Congrats everyone on having a good week so far!
Skimmy...thanks for that tip about running on the treadmill. I'm fairly new to running and have only been using my treadmill...haven't the courage to do it outdoors yet!! lol I've already done it for today...but tomorrow I will try it with an incline of 2!
Take care all!!
ReneeM102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #29  

Woo-hoo - congrats Kim and Renee - those are huge drops!!!! Way to Go!!!!

Okay, I finally have some pics - I've tried to put them as attachments, not sure it worked.

Today my centre told me they moved my goal date to Jan 31, from Dec 4 - I didn't even have to pay. They said they hate moving people to stab during xmas anyway, so they sometimes give some extra time. I think they were just being nice to me cause I was nervous about that. I'm still only thinking going to January 7 or so - but that has kicked me in the butt to change my ticker to 135 instead of 139 - haven't been that weight since I was 12.

Have a great night everyone!
Laura
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (15.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg less 30lbs.jpg (37.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #30  
5 lbs at a time!!

YEAH RENEE!!! I only work days so I am no help to you. I do know that when I was working night and trying to eat healthier...I found it very hard...as I could not eat alot.

Laura....Lookit you you little HOTTIE.....you look amazing. I personally think you look awesome at the weight you are now, but you have to do what you think is good for you!

Ladies I have to share with you guys...I got a FB message from a co-worker yesterday and it really touched me so deep inside and made me cry.

""hey kim.. i don't usually ask for help but just wondering if u could help me out and maybe give me food tips like meal ideas or snacks !! i wish i had the knowledge to do this myself but i keep failing..... let me know thanx your looken great !!!!!""

WOW...I cannot believe I had inspired someone that much that they are asking me for help...and it feels so great let me tell you, I told her that ofcourse I will help you!! So we are going to sit down and try to figure out a plan for her, I don't think joining HO or HM is an option for her, but I am willing to help her get the weight off, by eating healthier. If you guys have suggestions as well...please let me know.

Hoping to get to thegym tonight either that or I am going for another run, haven't done another run since Sunday, had bowling lastnight.

Skimmy, thanks for the tips for the treadmill as well.

Well off I go for another fun-filled day in .....!! I am sure you gals can fill in that blank...LOL

Have a good one!
K

Last edited by better life; 11-12-2009 at 05:32 AM.