Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies! Thank you so much for encouraging me to get on that machine. Heaven help me, I hate the darn thing, but I know I have to get exercise and seems the older I get the harder it is to handle the hills around my house. Maybe I will get rich and can buy a house on some nice flat ground, like out in the dessert, nah, then it would be too hot to walk and besides if I were rich, I could have a swimming pool all to myself!

Jean: Hope you had a nice birthday!

Maggie: Yeah, girl you go! Is it the greeting card cartoon Maude? I just love that woman. She is rude and obnoxious, but a total hoot. My sister sent me something yesterday to test yourself whether you are a Martha (as in Stewart) or Maude (as in the shoebox greeting card) It was hilarious.

Susan: I just thank God it isn't his right hand as that would kaputs work for him and he can't retire yet. Ever since he was a little kid, his left hand shakes. I keep telling him to have the doctor look at why but he just says it shakes and he puts up with it. He has no other symptoms so who knows?

Here are my boys at a farm together this last weekend. Jackson just adores Thomas and I think the feeling is mutual. They have a grand time together and like I told Jay, the older Thomas gets the farther apart they will get so they need to enjoy being together now. I can't believe how much they keep growing. I hate for them to grow up as I told Jay, I have no replacements when they get too big for hugs and stuff from ole Nonny.

Well, the washer is done so I need to get stuff in the dryer and get breakfast and exercise in. Have a great hump day. here again today.
Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7328_1102218527282_1581289968_214017_2734598_n.jpg (55.9 KB, 12 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! It looks like another day of clouds, wind, and rain for today. The weatherman says we'll see the sun on Sunday. I have a date to walk the dogs at 10, lunch with the bunch at noon, and bell choir at 5. I feel like I could use a nap right now! Yesterday was a long day, but all went well and it was nice to be with family. Jason was able to go, but Beth couldn't get the time off from her job -- only for immediate family. She works for a bank and enough said about that. They have some screwy rules!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I'm hoping to do some shopping in Sioux Falls on Saturday; we will all be together for my birthday. Jason said to plan on a park and picnic if the weather cooperates.

"Gma" -- I admire you for using the treadmill. I HATE mine too! It is so noisy and I don't remember it being that noisy when we first got it. It's probably due to lack of use. The picture of Thomas and Jackson is so cute. I'm sure Thomas will be Jackson's idol as he gets older.

Maggie -- Congrats on the GREAT loss! You are on a roll now! It's neat that you got to take Maude home with you. At first I thought she might be a WW doll. You must have quite a few workers at your WW meetings.

Susan -- Yesterday was Julie's funeral so we spent 2 1/2 hours in the car each way. It was nice weatherwise and I got to see family members that I haven't seen for awhile so it was a nice day.

I need to put my face on and head for the dogs. I admire people who walk their dogs faithfully. I think I'd opt for a fenced yard if I had a dog.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderul Wednesday Aka:humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOIAS
It is supposed to warm up here this day in the Heartand. I sure hope so. I will be finishing up a house I started for a Christmas present today. I will get my presents in the mail sooner this year so they will arrive on time, hopefully. I got two new recipe books from WW last Mon and have been having fun going through them. I made a shopping list for some things I don’t have in my pantry and will give a few of the recipes a try this week and next. I do love cook books, especially if they are on program ones. These are the paperbacck kind. I do have the big WW cook book, and Betty Crocker, and Better Homes & Gardens along with some others. Did I say that I love oookbooks?

JEAN Glad all went well at the gathering of your family. Hopefully you can have that picnic in the park and the weather is cooperative. I love picnics in the park. We do have a nice park here. AH we have 6 workers at WW. Since it is the only day and the only time that WW has a meeting here it is a huge group. I sure wish we had some choices of when to meet and smaller groups but this is all that is offered here in the heartland.

DONNA FAYE Such a darling picture, thanks for sharing. Kids do grow up so fast don’t they. Reminds me of the “Turnaround” song. No, the doll isn’t like the cartoon lady that we love. She is an 18 inch cute country gal but came with the name of Maude. I have a brother in law whose both hands shake and he was a successful drafter before he retired. He could draw great and his tremor didn’t effect his work.

Well ladies I do need to get a move on this day. Type at y’all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-14-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! We are having "clouds and drizzle" today! I'm not sure what the difference is between mist and drizzle, but the weatherman said drizzle. The dogs don't like to walk in this weather so guess I won't be doing that this morning. The farmers are so antsy and crabby knowing they can't do a thing about the weather except watch it. My dishwasher lights are coming on at random again, so I think I will make a trip to the store and chat with them. My fear is an electrical glitch that might cause a fire even though Bob says he doesn't think so. Otherwise I've got the usual dust hanging around and it's time to vacuum again. I think there is another load of laundry waiting in the basement.

Maggie -- You are a wise lady to mail your Christmas packages early. The one I mailed to my AZ "sister," in June never did show up. The second package I insured and it arrived in 2 days. Go figure! It is warmer here this morning and supposed to hit 55 today. The drizzle makes it look colder than it is I think. I have way too many cookbooks which is a hoot since I really don't like to cook.

I need to get a move on. Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 10-15-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote