Back In Kindergarten #82

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

• Hi all....too lazy to go back and try and remember everyone's posts so I will just start..

well...we had one successful potty trip--the rest were accidents....I just don't think he is ready yet...he does like his big boy undies though...

he is being a big old grandpas boy today--they are doing things outside so am geting inside stuff caught up...hanging out the bed stuff to dry on the line...love that smell!!

well, gotta go will be back later..
  • Good Morning -

Started a new thread, hope no one is pissed. lol

I was going to add a pic from photobucket but can't access the site on this computer.

Francie - Hi! How was your summer? I was reading Nanny Diaries, thought of it as being a book you would enjoy. I thought it was pretty funny.

Mindee- Camping sounds like fun, get some rest now!

Sassy - *whispers* if you don't want to do something, you don't have to......that is the neat thing about being old. Hugs to you.

k- now I better get back to work!!!
  • Jules- awww, you snuck in........ the weather here is beastly! Rain and wind. Love clothes on the line smell..., reminds me of my childhhood......the root of all my problems....lol....

k- enough goofing off!!!
  • 'Morning ladies...

SASSY...ditto what Susan said.

SUSAN...forgot to mention yesterday I think, we do plan on calling the baby Lily. I think Lillian is cute enough but Lily is cuter. Apparently Charlotte had that in mind all a long but didn't like just Lily with the last name. I was trying to get, rather suggested using a family mn and they kinda liked one but turned and are going with Paige...so far anyway. She said it is set in stone. Her mother of course is being a pain and says she refuses to call her anything but Chloe...that's what she wants her to name her, ugh. Anyway...Can't believe Gaby is going to be 7 already...they grow too fast! I've been seeing previews for The Nanny Diaries and daughter thinks I am goofy for wanting to see it, lol...I think it looks funny. I would read the book but for some reason I am stuck and can't get any reading done, or much anyway. So missy...do you think you will sign up at Facebook? So much easier and better than myspace...totally different.

MINDEE...love the new avatar, that is a good family pic and the kids are getting so big!

FRANCIE...hello girly...how is Fonzo doing in P? When will he get home, I know you and the kitties are missing him!

Hello to everyone else

I am such a lazy one today...I just got up about 15 minutes ago, lol. Don't know what happened as I awoke at 7. Turned over and then the hubby woke me at 8 when he left to go towork. Rolled over again and the next thing I know it's 10:47 and the son is saying "So lazy" I said I know, lol. Didn't realize the time though. Glad I made a few things last night less work to do today. We've been having family dinner every Sunday the last few weeks. Since I don't watch the little tyke anymore, I should say, since the kids started school last month, I never see them so I started up with the family dinners every Sunday. Nothing fancy...today we are bbq'ing...I've been letting them choose what they want but last Sunday we were out front and you could smell the BBQ and I told them we HAVE to grill today. So that is what we are doing today. Anywho...

Need to make my rounds online and jump in the shower before doing some prep work for dinner...really not anything to do except cook some bacon for the baked beans. And they won't be here
    til 5 so...plenty of time.

Take car ladies, and have a wonderful Sunday!
  • Hi everyone.

Popping in really quick before I have to get ready for work.

Susan...finally. Now we can all recover from our SusieQ withdrawal. I can see we are all purked up already. And FYI we were not starting a new thread until you came back to do it. I am a RSA Resident Support Aid. I wake up, change, dress, get them out of bed, feed, entertain, clean, bath, do laundry, wash dishes, dress in pjs, and put back into bed the residents at an acute care nursing home. I have never sweated so much in my entire life as much as I sweat now. And I have not lost 1 single pound. How depressing.

Jules...that is so exciting that you are going to be a gramma again. I am glad that Ry has a good girlfriend. I hope his ex leaves him alone now. As for the potty training, good luck. Punkin is doing pretty good at training. She will tell us when she has to go poo on the potty, but it is hit and miss otherwise. She does go on the potty when she first wakes up. Did I read that your mom is feeling a little better? I hope so. I hope that you are able to relax a little now.

Cristina....Ooohhh that is so exciting that the time is almost here for the big event. Wow benadryl? Who knew. Is Charlotte's mom going to go in with her at the hospital? Hope that you have a nice family dinner. How are the kids liking school?

Sue...what a cutie. He must be such a joy to have around. Hope that the stresses in your life are working themselves out and everything is getting better. When I first started my job I thought what have I gotten myself into, and I don't think I can do this...but I do seem to have a talent for it. Now I really enjoy my job. However I know I will find it very depressing when someone goes. Most of them are in their late 90's.

Mindee....you must be looking foreward to just you and Marrisa time. I am sorry to hear about Tommy's job. Glad that he is still working. What is he doing now? Have the boys started school? You will need a few weeks to recover from your summer.

Katy...cute dog. Glad that he is fitting in with your family so well. Have you finished all your classes? I am doing the dance of joy for you that you have such a great number on the scale. WTG on finishing the c25k that is a great accomplishment.

Sassy when is your birthday? and how old will you be? I am sorry that you are feeling a little down. Glad to hear that you and your coworker are doing things together again. You and hubby will have to go out for a nice date night. I think that I might have to tell my hubby that he should take me out also.

Francie tell us about your convention.

Ok I must run and get ready to go. I work the 3-11:15 shift this weekend, but 7-3:15 tomorrow morning, I will be tired.

Oh Susie Cole loves his new school. I am so glad, because he actually comes home happy and smiling. Loves the teacher to. Good thing, because we certainly couldn't take another year like last year.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  • Hi All.

I am still down. I was trying to get my spirits back up but my coworker seems down as well or tired. lol. So we're both just sitting here in silence, yay. lol.

Anywho. I dunno what I am gonna do about the bday thing probably just say have it and just stay a couple hours and leave.

Suzy Q -- and thanks.

Cristina - Thanks.

Kathy -- We're not really doing things together again. Its just cuz of my bday is this month and her significant others bday is this week, only they won't get to celebrate due to her getting her wisdom teeth pulled, so we decided to collaborate our bdays together. So if anything like I said above, just have it and stay a couple hours and leave. I don't think I am even inviting anybody else. Just have my hubby, my coworker, her significant other and her best friend. (yes I have been replaced! HA!! lmaooooo!!) I don't even want to go out on a date with DH. How pathetic is that? lmao. I may change my mind come the end of the month, but we'll see. lol.

to all and to all a good night!!!!!!!! lol.
  • Morning...

Man, I stayed up way too late to be getting up early...5:30 came too fast and I didn't want to get up. Forced my lard arse too though and glad, I guess. I did get my walk in and it was cool so that's all good. Feeling sleepy and thinking I will end up back in bed in a couple of hours, lol. Hubby is working today so...nothing planned, sort of. Heading over to J & C's later. They forgot the burrito's yesterday so i am taking them over later. He loves these steak & cheese burrito's and it seems Sam's is the only place that has them so I picked him up a box. Anyway...going to try and get thru a dvd in a few minutes but not sure if I will make it. I am too sleepy.

SASSY...thank you! Well, hope you can try and enjoy your birthday. Sounds like you are in a funk, hope you feel better soon, especially for your BD!

KATHY...Charlotte just told me yesterday that she wants Josh, Chase, her mom and me in the delivery room. I had no idea she had that in mind and at first i though yuck, lol. But then I don't have to see her hot pocket so, lol. I will be there. Not sure why Chase wants to see/be there. Josh said no one under 12 can but C is saying yes...still don't know why he wants to but whatever. Kids are liking school...Charlotte gets maternity leave starting next Monday and she told Cambrie she will take her to school but she wants to ride the bus, lol.

Hello to everyone else

Have a good day all...gonna go visit FB and then try and do a dvd. Think when I go to J & C's will stop at Target and look for The Sons of Anarchy first season...the new season is starting and I have been wanting to see it but I need to catch up. Anywho...adios!
  • Oh Sassy...love your Charlie Brown...I broke the habit somehow but for the longest time I said Good Grief...always made me think of CB, lol...said it so much it made my top 5 list of what I wanted to put on my car tags...GoodGrf...that may be my next one, lol.

Have a good one!
  • Cristina--kinda weird about Chase being there--seeing Mom in pain may be hard for him...Dave's Mom got mad at Teri, but she had been so mean to her and saying that yntil a paternity test was done she wouldn't be sure Dominic was even Dave's...the woman was a real piece of work, no wonder Dave has so many issues. He's pretty much out of the picture...he has said several times that he would sign away his rights if Teri signs something that says she will never try for child support.

Sassy--I htink you should go out with hubby or even spend a day for yourself...massage, pedicure....all out Sassy pampering...I don't know how I would feel going out with my coworker/bff who replaced me....

Kathy--Teri has been very vocal about the ex's behavior and has threatened to "talk" to her...Teri loves her but this little game she is playing is getting old...she only wants him when he's happy or she's depressed and when things start going good for her again Ry's out of the picture. Mom is beginning to feel better and I am so glad, we have a followup checkup in Baltmore tomorrow morning. Dad bounced back quick even with the radiation...scary part with him is if that kidney stone had not turned into a bladder infection, it would have been too late by the time they found the fast growing tumor.

Suzi--isn't childhood the root of all our problems ....I know mine screwed me up pretty darn good...

Hi to everyone else--last day with Dominic...they are going to come and get him this afternoon--going to go make breakfast and enjoy him...
  • Well, scale was a glitch..so I am right back where I started. Going to set up a ticker and get serious for the millionth time. I did eat pretty well all week, but ate some pizza and drank wine last night so I am up a pound today - bleh. Today will be a fun day - taking the kids to Oaks Park, so there is roller skating in my future. I will run this afternoon and try to get to 12 laps on the track. I tried running in my hilly neighborhood on Saturday and did ok, but did have to stop on the last big hill...just not quite ready for so many hills.

Susan- get your behind over to Facebook, lol! We are all over there, and it is fun...just don't feel like advertising my weight gains and losses over there. I agree with Cristina that is much better to use than MySpace.

Cristina - can't believe the baby is almost here..that pregnancy seemed to just zoom by. Can't wait to see some pictures. I think being the in the room will be amazing...it seems to be for everyone I have talked to. I've never been an observer before, but I think it would be cool

Sassy - If you go , it might just perk you up. I feel that way sometimes...just don't feel like going places or getting out there, because it takes alot of emotional energy, but if I make myself, I usually get into the swing of things, then cheer up...maybe you will, too? Whatever you do, spoil yourself, you deserve it!

Jules- have a great day with Dominic! GL with the potty...my kids didn't want to do anything until they were three,at lest. I hear there are kids out there who want to get those diapers off, too bad mine weren't in that category, lol! However, they both are potty trained now, haha.

Kathy - False alarm on the scale - harrumph. I weighed first thing in the morning after my run...maybe that had something to do with it. I am trying to eat vegan until 6 pm , and that is going well ( I read Mark Bittman's book Food Matters) I do feel better when I focus on lots of produce, so I will keep that up. Classes are done for now...will start fall term October 1.

Hi to Sue and Francie!

I'm off to set up a ticker...Happy Labor Day, everyone!
  • Happy Labor Day!!!! It is my all time favorite hoilday!! lol

jk - it is a time and a half day at work, so yipppeeeee.

It has taken me a whole week to lose 1 little pound, how frustrating.

Cristina - The MIL is going to call the baby Chloe? I think Lily is as cute as can be. I want to see Julie/Julia. The problem with reading books first is they are usually better, movies never match up. Cute Cambrie likes the bus, I'll have to get Gab use to taking one to her day care this year.

Kathy - Does Canada have CNA's?? Sounds like you are a CNA. lol It also sounds like hard work! And you haven't lost weight? I would be pissed. I walk a lot here on the job , but nada....course there is a lot of food around to nibble on.

Sassy - SNAP OUT OF IT!! lol I get in funky moods too, especially when I am pmsing. Hugs

Katy- ya,ya the runner......lol. I am going to have to come back to the village and watch you run, it might inspire me. Do you go by Starbucks? I can sit there and sip my latte and cheer you on, that is about as close to exercise as I am going to get. haha. How is Little L?? Is she ready for school? I love all the grade schools in that area.

Jules- we're not screwed up Jules, we're normal My ex's were together Sunday while one was picking up G from the other. Male bonding, gotta love it. I take comfort in the fact neither one appeals to me now. I have grown up and matured over the years. .....lol

oops better get!!! back to work. Hello to everyone!
  • Alrighty then...I was here earlier and did a nice long post saying Good Morning. DD called and I told her to hang on while I posted...then I left the puter. Come back now and I don't have a post...DARN it. I knew I should have paid more attention as I usually save it until it actually posts....grrrrr.

So...Good Afternoon. HA.. Today is a normal day for us..we had our fun yesterday. I did my normal Monday bed sheets washing and cleaned the kitchen. Now I am contemplating riding the bike. It is overcast and dreary, so a nice time to ride.

I did weigh in this a.m....tah dah...I am BACK down to the 160's weighing in at 169.5. Of course, the way I bounce around before I settle on a number anything is possible.

Reunion was one of the best. Mom's 6 siblings were there...they got pictures and I forgot my camera, so will get one from my aunt. We had around 70 people in attendance..so lots of cousins to chat with. And of course, every type picnic food imaginable. I was very good and still today can not believe that out of a table FULL of desserts I only ate 1/2 of a choc. chip cookie. I even did well at both meals...stress this time seems to be curbing my appetite instead of making me scarf down anything in sight. Anyway, it was a long day, but such a nice one for all of us. Mom was so happy...

Not going to take time for indies right now....but "hi" to all and hope your day is super.
  • Katy - I felt bad about teasing on your ability to run. I think it is actually pretty awesome and I am jealous out of my mind.
    I have always wanted to
    1.......... be able to Run and
    2. .........have Perky Breast.
    Not in that order of course but either one would make me happy.

Be proud of yourself!!! I am

Sue - Happy to hear that the reunion went well, sounds like you have a super family!

Short and sweet - have to get back to work!
  • I am so glad I rode the bike...now we are having a downpour.
    Susan- I also wished/wish to be able to run. At 60 I imagine I might as well forget it. And the perky breasts..a thing of the past. LOL

Katy- As noted above I admire your ability to run..and also the one where you swim and the one where you roller skate...You go girl!! You are doing great.

Cristina- That FB will get you going and keep you up till all hours. So fun and so addicting. I never really wanted to be in the delivery room with anyone. Stayed in the labor room with my girls and that was it. But then they both had C sections.

Jules- I bet you are lost now that the baby boy has gone home. How many days do you watch him now? I am watching Mason for a few hours tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon. His momma is working double shifts and going to school. DD watches him most of the time, but she works from home and needs 3 or 4 hours in the afternoon to get her work done. My DGS unfortunately is MIA right now..so hence, my stress level and everyone else taking care of his GF and baby. Not only is he MIA, but he is homeless and jobless and vehicle less...so I don't know how much more he can take before snapping. Not that it is the fault of anyone other than himself...but a grandma still worries and cares. More to it...but I just get so depressed.... All I can do is hug on Mason and do the best for him.

Okay...I am off to fix dinner and look out at this rain. Quite the dreary day.