Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #31  

All I heard at this point is that they are investigating why he was walking down the 401. They are asking for witnesses that might have seen him that night. Maybe when his Grampa gets back from the funeral I will know more. Very sad.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #32  

Wow, such sad things going on lately.

I'm sorry I haven't been around--Had to take Jake to the dr. for his well-baby check up on Monday, and then yesterday was my 1/2-way check up.

I'm definately having a little girl. Can't wait to meet her--she's an active little thing!

I hope things are better for you all.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #33  
Losing it!

CONGRATULATIONS (officially) Cheryl!!!! What names are you guys looking at? Would you like our assistance? ;-) I love the name Trinity for a girl!!! THEN, on the other hand, I tend to really like the older names like Elizabeth & Allison. Allison would of possibly been an Emily, but she had a cousin born a few months ahead of her with that name.
I'm glad all is well with you!!!!!!!!!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #34  
Losing it!

I couldn't bring myself to post the sad gunk with the happy stuff!

Prayers Dee & Janice concerning the accident that claimed the young mans life. sadness everywhere...

We lost our little niece Monday evening after they took her off the respirator. It is absolutely heartbreaking! Our family has NEVER had a young one pass before other then my uncle who was 16 years old (none of us were born yet.) We can deal with old people passing, but not sure how Monday will go. She was a perfect angel for 3 months, thank goodness she had a good 3 months and was never ill with breathing problems etc. like they predicted.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #35  

Aww Gayle I am sorry to hear of your little angel passing away. Sometimes I question God but I know he has a bigger plan. It is hard for the family to accept something like this. My Aunty Sally always said to me don't ask why cause you will never know or be able to figure it out. Hugs to you.

Cheryl how exciting. The half way mark, wow that won't be long until Jake has a little sister.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #36  

I thought it was time to stop being naughty, so I posted a new avitar.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #37  
Losing it!

Dee, I like the new pic! So pretty!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #38  

Thanks Gayle.

Have a great weekend eveyone.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #39  

Gayle, I'm sorry, too--I can't even begin to imagine----and don't WANT too!

Dee, I love the new avatar! Beautiful!!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 AM   #40  

My goodness, there has been so much sadness here lately. Prayers to everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been checking in.

Cheryl-Wonderful news about you having a girl! Congratulations.

Dee-Special prayers going out for you, your family and friends. How are you feeling???

Gayle-I read all the updates on the little angel on FB. Such sadness. I am still praying for the family to get through this sad time.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #41  

mom is in emeg. She has cancer in her breast, spine, kidney, liver, adrenal gland and now they are looking at her colon.
She was bleeding out this morning with blood cloths. Pretty serious. She will do 5 radiation treatments for her spine but there is nothing they can do for her.

Please pray for her. I will be away til after sept long weekend.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #42  
Losing it!

Dee, I am so, so very sorry to read the news. I hope they can keep your mom comfortable. I didn't realize it is as serious as it is. I am lifting her up in prayer and praying for a miracle to rid her body of cancer. My dad had cancer too, it is a horrible disease for anyone to face. Prayers will continue, it seems sometimes prayer is all we have. My the Lord bless you & keep you as your family suffers through this. If you need anything, please let me know.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #43  

Thanks Gayle. I am going to be away for awhile but I will be back to gather my hugs and strength from you all.

love ya
Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #44  
Losing it!

Praying your mother had a good weekend Dee. If you need anything, just shout.

I hope everyone here had a great weekend! Any big plans for Labor Day? AND no Cheryl, it is a holiday, don't get any funny ideas to go into labor early. ;-)

Janice, how is the new job?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #45  

Oooh, Gayle--way to early for me to celebrate "LABOR DAY!"

We had Jake's 1st visit to the ER this week-end. He was at Stewart's mom and dad's house (with Stewart) and he started running down the driveway, lost his footing and "rolled" down the small hill on the side of the drive. When they got him picked up and cleaned up they noticed that he was unable to put any weight on his right leg. Stewart brought him home to me and asked me what I thought we should do and I said take him to the ER. After all, he's just a baby and he can't tell us where it hurts. They took x-rays, and, Thank God!, nothing was broken. The dr. said it was sprained/bruised and that we need to watch him for a few days and give him ibuprophen.

I'm just so glad it was not a serious injury!