3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Short Girls (5'2" and Under) Support Thread - Part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/177901-short-girls-52-under-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Quiet Ballerina 12-02-2009 12:10 AM

We are some quiet gals. (haha, no pun intended with my username)

I've been doing good with calories but not with exercise. My mind is more focused on Christmas and getting my shopping done.

....How is everyone else doing?

teacher1 12-02-2009 09:39 PM

I've been doing good in the exercise department. I've worked out 5 days in a row. My honey and I signed up for a boot camp session at the Y which starts Sat and runs for 6 weeks. The major problems is the yummy holiday treats. Ahhh, December is a rough food month for me.

Quiet Ballerina 12-02-2009 11:11 PM

Boot camp?! Eek. Those things look pretty intimidating. Good luck!

gymlee 12-03-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air81 (Post 3021866)
Gymlee~ If you want to see Pastor Kelley, here is my church site: Kingdom in the Valley

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it! I do have a pretty nice support system and my own religious figure if I feel the need to talk. Plus your church is all the way across the country from me haha

Anyway, as for my update, I hit the gym today for the first time in forever. It felt really good, especially because I hit the heavy bag for boxing. Definitely helped to get out my aggression. Hopefully getting up early to have a repeat performance.

I hope all is well with everyone!

teacher1 12-03-2009 08:08 PM

Gymlee- that sounds great about the punching bag. Work has not been good for me and I could really need to get my aggression out. I might try start the day tomorrow with a little turbo jam.

teacher1 12-05-2009 01:44 PM

I had my first boot camp at the y today. It was hard to say the least. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

cathydoe 12-05-2009 05:57 PM

One thing that I cannot get out of my mind...is how much food I cannot eat. I mean since I am short my calorie intake needs to be less than someone 5 foot 6. There is less of me -- so less food is needed to fuel my body.

Now mind you I have done YEARS of :I can eat what I want when I want:. So now that I have allowed myself restrictions I see what a lie I have lived with for a long time. I feel like I have lost a friend and I do mourn that loss BUT that friend was also evil. I hope to make another friend with food. A great friend that nourishes me in a healthy way with boundaries and give and take.

mermaid20 12-05-2009 10:41 PM

i have not been exercising. ups and downs with food.

went to find a dress for my engagement party... a lot of the size 4 dresses were too big. I was so so excited to try on size 2 dresses when macy's informed me that every single dress I was interested in was NOT manufactured in a size 2. so i had to settle for a size 4 that is a little loose around the waist. I was hoping for something more snug and flattering but oh well.

I need to get to exercising. I don't have much time before the wedding and I need to tone up. everything is so loose and gross. I am small but now I want to be toned... I want to be firmer. everything jiggles and rolls. and i cant stand it!! and yes...

the holidays are not helping

teacher1 12-06-2009 05:12 PM

Cathy- I know what you mean. I was so out of control and now with calorie counting it seems like so little food :(

Mermaid- When's the wedding? I'm getting married in June.

It's hard to walk today after boot camp yesterday but I did manage to do the elliptical today for 30 min.

cathydoe 12-06-2009 05:54 PM

So many weddings...HOOT congrats you ladies! What a special day. Trust me you will feel beautiful no matter what size you are...it comes with the day!

teacher1 12-08-2009 05:47 PM

ahhh, trying to get up the energy to go workout. I'd so rather stay in bed and watch tv.

mermaid20 12-10-2009 02:33 PM

I should have and could have worked out the past two days. I took a nap, pigged out on chocolate and more chocolate. i like bed and food and tv. ARGH! why dont i like working out??

teacher1 12-11-2009 12:08 PM

I missed working out yesterday but did the elliptical 30 minutes today. I have 3 xmas parties this weekend so eating healthy will be a challenge. I love the holidays but as far as weight loss I'm ready for Jan.

cathydoe 12-12-2009 10:06 AM

5 foot 2 and under folks...I think I am mourning the reality of the fact that I can not eat a lot of food. Now what I mean by that is my reality is I can eat what I want when I want and that is a lot of food! This view I have in my mind is NOT healthy or a normal view. I want to vision normal servings for a 5 foot woman. I want to embrace normal. I want to experience ebb and flow vs pig out 24/7. Today I am not eating the pig out way...but I don't have the vision. I hope this makes sense!

teacher1 12-12-2009 03:36 PM

I hear you Cathy!!! This is so hard this time of year. Boot camp 2 done today. It's getting easier.