3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #38 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/177351-steel-magnolias-38-a.html)

gma22 07-23-2009 05:40 AM

Steel Magnolias #38

Good morning to you all! Boy we are sure zooming through another year here it seems like.

Jean: Sounds like you have a short in your dishwasher somewhere along with maybe some type of electronic gismo out of whack or burned out or something. I don't know how much electronics if any are in a dishwasher, but the thing sounds possessed to me like Maggie said! :) What an awful thing to happen to that family. I will say a prayer for them.

Susan: What are you reading at the moment? I haven't sat and read for quite awhile as I have to many knitting projects I want to accomplish. I have about 20 books here that I haven't touched and would like to get the new ones of authors I read, but they are going to have to wait. I may pick up the new Evanovich book tomorrow though as I have been dying to read it. Didn't get very good reviews from readers who though who said it is reworked stuff and nothing new. I feel sorry for authors as they have to run out of ideas when writing a series like that. I have had the no pudge brownies, but jack really doesn't like them at all so I just don't bother. I saw on the WW site a lady who makes cola cake using the new reduced sugar cake mix and diet cola. I wonder how that tastes. I know, it amazes me the boys are getting so big. I don't think Jay and Alicia are going to have any more so my two boys might be it.

Maggie: I am always amazed these days at how many men I see at the commissary alone shopping with a list. I would never send Jack to do the shopping for the two weeks. The most he gets to do is picking up a couple things here or there. He has no clue on picking veggies or fruits an would probably come home with icky stuff and I know he would be on the cell phone half the time calling wanting more info. Besides, I am too much of a control freak when it comes to shopping so I am better off doing it myself. Also, I figure he works all week I can at least do the shopping. The only reason he goes with me is to pick out what he wants to take in his lunch for the following two weeks. I have to work up a list tomorrow so we can go on Saturday as the kids will be home sometime on Sunday so we have to wait for them.

Nothing much going on here. Lots of rain, but it has finally moved on so I can go swimming today. I am sure it will be freezing as the temps have been about 10 degrees cooler for over a week, but you do what you have to do. The scale hasn't moved this week so I need to get some exercise in and see if that helps it with at least a lb!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Faye

QuilterInVA 07-23-2009 11:15 AM

Good morning, ladies! Faye's rain has arrived right on schedule! It sure has been a lot cooler this summer and I am happy about that.

Maggie, we have to put our trash on the curb in the front of our house and it can't be put out before the morning of pick up. I pick up the trash immediately when the racoon gets in and knocks it over.

Jean, how did the dishwasher repair go this time? I hope its fixed.

Faye, I'm currently reading "The 8th Confession" by James Patterson. It's in the Woman's Murder Club series (cop, newswoman, coroner, attorney form up the club). I just finished "Declutter the Kitchen", another mystery. I read just about anything except sci fi and fantasy (Harry Potter doesn't count here). Have you ever tried the pineapple angel food cake? Just a box of angelfood cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple. Put it in a 9x13 to bake. That is pretty good with a dab of cool whip.

Well the sun just came out so the rain must be over and I need to get to work. Have a good day.

Maggie 07-23-2009 12:41 PM

Thursday In The Heartland

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:
The sun is out and it is a lovely day. The kittens are exploring the house and all is well. I have been busy building glass thingies and they, so far, don't get on my work table. They, however love getting up here on my desk.:p Nothing much on the schedule this day,

DONNA FAYE A maintain is good. Your body is adjusting to it's new wieght. I believ that cake is called the Dump Cake which if made with a regular cake mix and a diet soda is 4 points for 1/12th ofthe cake. It can be lightened with lighter cake mix of course.

SUSAN Do your blocks have alleys behind the houses? This is a very old prarie town and was built that way. I have made that Pineapple Angel Cake and it is so good for 3 points.

Have a great day folks. (I have kittens playing on my chair behind me since I am sitting kida on the edge. It is nap time for them)
Type at y'all later. :wave:

Jean 07-23-2009 11:41 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! Just a quick post before I head off to bed. We went to the lake today because the cabin had to be appraised so that MIL's legal stuff could get finished before the deadline August 1st. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! It was a beautiful day -- warmer and not a wave to be seen anywhere. We'll go back up tomorrow as I am going to meet a cyber friend from NE -- she is attending a family reunion up there; Beth and family are coming for a long weekend -- don't know about Jason's family.

"Gma" -- Jackie's condition has improved to the point where she is off the vent completely. They have had her sitting in a chair and she can do one word answers. She has trouble putting her thoughts together and her speech pattern is garbled. She gets mad when they can't understand her so that is another good sign. :yes: The doctors found a hole in her heart (don't remember the technical name) but it closes just before or as a baby is being born. Hers didn't and they think a blood clot formed somewhere and somehow jumped through the hole and into the heart. She will have to have surgery to repair it when she is stronger.

Susan -- The dishwasher lights are still blinking periodically. I finally unloaded the few dishes and did them by hand. The repairman called and said it couldn't be repaired under warranty. :( I was not happy about that and he must have sensed it. He called back a short time later asking if I had sent the warranty card in because they had no record of it. He thought he could jiggle the installation date which would put the repair under warranty. He thought between $150 - $200. I just hope whatever the part is fixes it.

Maggie -- It won't be long before you have two little helpers in the middle of your glass work. :lol:

You gals are making me hungry for cake! :T I'm heading off to bed.

Have a great weekend!

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

gma22 07-24-2009 04:21 AM

Good morning girls! I came downstairs very early this am and did some bill paying on the computer, but still have to wait until after 8 to pay my life insurance premium! :mad: I like to get my bills paid all at once so I can be done with it for two weeks.

Maggie: Isn't the angel food cake thing one that you posted on the recipes? I printed that one out I think. I kept wanting to ask whether you need to bake it like a regular af cake in a tube pan. I will take a maintain over a gain, but I have to work hard to get to goal by late next year so I need to lose every week as much as possible. I know it won't always happen, but it keeps me on the straight and narrow knowing what I need to do. (I just looked at Susan's last post and she answered the cake pan question! :D

Susan: Have you ever read the series by Diane Mott Davidson where the main character is a caterer called Goldy? They are cute books. I started reading this series in paperback that was a hoot about this group of people in a retirement community that solves crimes, but my favorite will always remain Stephanie and her sidekick Lula. The food that woman carries in her purse! lol

Jean: Sheesh if it isn't one thing it is another. Our dishwasher problem is leaking and it leaks because the last time the guy came out and fixed it, when he put it back in he tore up the underside of the cabinet when he screwed it back in and though Jack fixed it, somehow it isn't in there quite right. Problem is, Jack doesn't want to take out the screws because we may not be able to get it screwed back in. We have very old and cheaper countertops and one day will get them and the cabinets replaced but for now, it is a towel under the thing when I wash dishes. Oh, I am glad the young woman is improving. That's great!

Well, I am going to sit in the chair and knit and fall back asleep if I can. I have a busy errand day today so should try and sleep a bit more for sure. I have been up since 2.

Have a great weekend everyone! It is commissary Saturday for us tomorrow, ugh, then the kids come home on Sunday.
Faye

QuilterInVA 07-24-2009 09:39 AM

Good morning, ladies! Looks like a nice day in the 80s in store for us.

Nothing exciting going on. I'm finally starting to get my fabric organized. I don't know half what I have and I'm going next weekend to buy more.... I'm also going to go through the rest of the stuff and put stuff aside that I don't use or want for the silent auction at retreat. That room really needs it and with the amount I have, it'll probably take 2 or 3 weekends to get it done.

Faye, I've read all the books you mentioned. I love Lulu, too. I can just see her in her spandex skirt and top gnawing on a chicken leg. I'm really partial to Joe rather than Ranger, though. The pineapple angel food cake is too moist for a tube pan.

Maggie, we don't have allys behind our houses. Either the back yards meet or in my cul-de-sac our backyards end in the wetlands.

Jean, I'm so glad the girl is doing better. Rehab is remarkable these days. It sounds like fun to meet up with your online friend. Too bad about the dishwasher. Too many computers in things these days really makes repairs costly.

Well, I need to go and get started. Have a good day!

Maggie 07-24-2009 11:34 AM

Finally Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS:wave:
It is said that it will be in the tripple didgets this day. The air is already on and of course the fans are whirring. The kittens are running around and searching fr what they can get into. Up and down the hall fast, real fast. Must be nap time. At least they have stopped jumping on my desk first thing when I come in here to get on my computer.;) They are a hoot. Not much going on here in the Heartland. I am just a creature of habit.

DONNA FAYE How many points are you eating each day or are you tracking them? I have no doubt that you have the motivation to lose what you have planned. You go girl.

SUSAN I imagine it does take a large variety of material to be able to choose from when you start a new quilt. I can imagine that you have yours in stacks of like color. I had a friend in Montana that had a room full of material all arranged in a rainbow of color and I loved to look at it.

JEAN Have they decided what to do about that gift shop you work at. I know you had mentioned that they were looking at some changes. Are you keeping the lake property now that you mother in law is gone? I imagine it was in her will wasn't it.

I need to go get some breakfast. Type at y'all later. :wave:

gma22 07-25-2009 03:00 AM

Good very early morning gals. I woke to go to the bathroom and my leg was asleep so had to walk around on it and get the feeling back so I decided to come downstairs and check on Marty as he wasn't upstairs sleeping in bed with us.

I am hoping to finish the blanket this weekend and then go on to the next project by next week. The blanket is now heavy of course so it is difficult to sling around to knit with and of course the dogs want to sit on my lap besides so it gets a little crowded on the chair! :)

Maggie: I am allowed 38 pts, but I usually keep it between 35-36 and I don't use my extra 35 ever. That doesn't mean that if I am hungry I don't eat my full pts and would use some of my weekly ones if I really need to, but I try and curb it in if I feel it is because of my hormones and I can tell the difference. I don't starve myself, ever, and I keep within those 3-4 pts of what I am allowed as I know it is important to eat your pts, but if I am not hungry at the end of the day and have a couple pts, I don't force myself to eat them just because they are leftover. I don't ever have trouble unless, like that three week period when I was hormonal. I am finding I cut back on the sugar and fat a lot now, though I eat protein at every meal except for snacks so that is why I am losing. We rarely eat fatty cuts of meat, though I will fix a pot roast or sometimes a little fattier cut of meat and have it, but always figure the pts. I have a website that has a very definitive list of pretty much everything so I can figure our meat and such that has no nutritionals on the label. For the most part, we eat chicken breasts lower fat content beef and pork and fish occasionally, usually salmon though I get some really good big frozen shrimp at the commissary and have them cold with a bit of cocktail sauce. I usually eat egg beaters, but will sometimes make an egg beater serving with a regular egg. I buy the precooked bacon and can have a couple slices of that occasionally as it is 1 pt a slice. I never snack at night except a small one sometime after supper of a pudding, or a 100 cal snack or maybe some fruit. If I get up in the middle of the night I absolutely never eat unlike it used to be where I would get chips or those little donuts in the bag or such. I may have a diet soft drink, but that is as exciting as it goes if it is overnight or past 8. It is creeping back up in heat here too and that will warm the pool back up. I am looking forward to going back and swim next week as I only got in one last week. I had planned to go a couple more times, but never did get over there. I had taken Marty over one day, but Stoney their cat sat at their back door and looked so forlorn that his "brother" wasn't in the house that I didn't take him back. I would have let Marty in the house, but Stoney is allowed outdoors when they are home and I was afraid she would get out when I opened the door and I wouldn't be able to get her back in so I didn't let Marty go in to visit. He goes home tomorrow sometime so he can reconnect then.

Susan: Thanks for the cake update. I really want to try it. You should have seen Jack and I yesterday. We went to Fresh Market, which is like a smaller version of Trader Joe's. We wanted to check out the fruit, but found they sold the exact same thing as the commissary but higher prices. Have you ever seen yellow raspberrys? They had them, but were something like $5 for a little box so I passed. Anyway, we were checking out the store and they have a fresh meat market so we bought a sirloin kabob to split between us and I got some fresh smoked salmon, yahoo, but it cost an arm and a leg. I will enjoy it anyway for breakfast with the one pt cream cheese. I bought a fresh loaf of sour dough and it should make nice toast. We continued to wander around and I was looking at stuff and not paying too much attention and all of a sudden, Jack says, "Ok we need to move on here." I looked up and we were at the bakery and man oh man what desserts. They had full size and individual ones in the cases and though I looked, I didn't touch!!!:D Jack got excited because they had macaroons, which he loves, but he did the points (he can do them in his head without the calculator thingy) and decided he didn't want to spend 3 pts on two little cookies so put the container back. We checked the brownie bites as I was curious but when Jack said, "whoa!" right away I told him to just set it back down! :lol: It wasn't all that tough to bypass the yummies, but they did have some spectacular desserts that was for sure. I am determined to be at least close to goal by vacation next year and eating a dessert that is a days pts is not gonna happen. I giggle just thinking of Lulu. Some of the outfits she wears are hilarious. You know, it always reminds me of a funny story Jack and I were told years and years ago because in one of the books she was carrying a pork chop in her purse. Jack and I knew a couple from our church way back in the early 80's and the husband was a Memphis cop. He could tell you some stories, boy but this one took the cake. He said that one night he and his partner got called out on a domestic dispute. They get to the house and it is a real uproar. A man and a woman were out in the yard, he was in just his underwear. She had a kitchen knife and he had a gun and they were screaming at each other and waving around the weapons. They weren't threatening to anyone but each other but were yelling so much thy couldn't figure out what was going on as neither had a scratch on them. They finally got them separated, disarmed and back into the house to get it sorted out I guess. The man finally told them that they were having dinner and she took the last pork chop and wouldn't give it back to him. When she refused to give it to him and he tried to take it, she went and got a knife and the chase began! She still had the chop inside her bra to keep him from getting it! :rofl::rofl: So, I could just see Lulu when I was reading that passage protecting that purse with her life!

Well, I think I will knit and watch a bit of tv until I get sleepy again. Later today is the dreaded commissary so I need to go back to sleep in the next hour or so.

You all have a great Saturday!
Faye

QuilterInVA 07-25-2009 10:42 AM

Good morning, ladies. It's heating up in the 90s today with high humidity.

I don't know what I was thinking starting in the sewing room yesterday. I want to move everything out and paint and clean carpet in there while I'm at it and I have a whole lot more stuff than I was thinking. I really would like to swap the office and the sewing room because I could arrange it better now that I am thinking about it. So I need to do the office first so I can move the stuff from the sewing room in there as I go through. At any rate, I packed up 7 cartons quilting books for a starter and a box for the silent auction and I for the thrift store - and 2 bags of trash and it's hardly a start. I've got fabric in two rooms now. Maggie, I like to arrange it by color, too, but keep the batiks and conversational prints separate. When Stan got sick, I didn't have much time I could be up there and when I bought fabric I just stuck it in the first available opening. Then it overflowed and I put it in a tub in the office, then another one, and it grew. Anyway, I'm going to stop in there and get started on the office today. That won't take nearly as long since there isn't a lot of clutter. Once I get those 2 rooms done, it'll be winter and I can get up in the attic and see what Stan had stuffed up there (it has a floor so you can store stuff and my furnace is up there). I know 95% of that will be junk to go in the trash. He was fond of saving everything because he was going to fix it some day. And then my house will be done and minimal (except for the sewing room which will be maxium). :D

Faye, I had yellow raspberries about a month ago. They were on sale for $2.50. Tasted just like red. Good for you and Jack foregoing the goodies. One day you'll be able to walk through there and not even want any of it. I think Whole Foods is a little more upscale than Trader Joe's. I get 18 points a day so I have to budget carefully just to get the basics in. I try not to use Weekly Points but I do eat exercise points if I need them.

Maggie, it looks like your hot weather has made it's way to us. In my estimation, there's nothing prettier than a quilter's stash. I keep mine in a double-doored closet (light fades) when it is neat.... I have one quilter friend that has no stash. She only buys fabric when she has a specific project to work on. I always say I'm a fabric collector. I buy it because it's pretty.

Well, I better go and start the cleaning. Have a good day ladies.

Maggie 07-25-2009 01:38 PM

Stormy Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:
It is thundering and lightening and raining to beat the band as I type. We are having quite a gulley washer this day. Ragg Mopp barks at the thunder but still doesn't have it in submission. The kittens go like gang-busters then when they slow down they wrestle before taking a nap. It is so cute to see Ragg Mopp and the two kittens all curled up together. They are really quite intertaining. I am going to make up some shredded beef, rice & cheese burritos to put in the freezer. We don't have any place in town that makes them really good like we got in CA but I know how to make them.;) Besides when I make them I can know exactly how to count the points depending how much stuff I stuff in the tortilla. Works for me. I have maintained for the whole month of July and today is going to be the start of another downward trip. My system must be used to this weight now and be ready to lose some more.

DONNA FAYE I imagine that blanket is going to be used lovingly when you finish it. I, one day, want to tackle making an ecru colored throw. Make different patterened blocks all in ecru with fringe all around the outer edge. That's the plan, and I may get to it. ;)Your plan is working for you and it is good that you cut back on the sugar and fat. Those two things are not our friends, especially when they are together. You have the key that works. PS don't forget to reduce the number of your daily points allowed when you have lost down to the next level.;) I also like adding a regular egg to the beaters when I make an omlet. I use Eggland eggs that are so fresh. That sugar/fat free pudding is really tasty now days. Remember when it first hit the market. Kinda dusty tasting I thought. Now they have so many good flavors are they are a nice comfort food.

SUSAN Looks like you have some re-arranging ahead of you that will keep you out of trouble. I do imagine you going shopping in your own closet for the pieces of cloth you want to incrporate into a quilt turning it into a work of art. They say around here that the weather this Summer isn't what it usually is. We have more rain which is good.

Have a lovely weekend Magnolias. Type at y'all later. :wave:

Jean 07-25-2009 05:17 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day in my corner of the world! Yesterday turned out to be a long day. We left home about 8, made a shopping stop at WM near the cabin which is a much bigger and nicer/cleaner store than our local one, and later in the day I got to meet a cyber friend from NE! Her husband's family is having a reunion in the lakes area this weekend so we have been planning our get together for months. It was so fun! I met her immediate family which was nice since I feel like I all ready know them too. I talked her into coming with me so she could meet Bob, Beth and her family, then see where we go when I talk about going to the cabin at the lake. Bob took us for a boat ride and then we took her back to her family on our way home. It was after 11 when we got home and I headed for bed!

"Gma" -- Congrats on bypassing the bakery goodies! :cp: That does take will power for sure. I didn't realize that Thomas has a cat, or maybe I've just forgotten. I'm sure both pets will be glad to have their family back home again. When you pay bills online, why would it make a difference as to what time you do it? I'm not doing that yet, but have a feeling it will not be an option sometime in the future.

Susan -- When you make the pineapple cake, do you bake it for however long a 9 X 13" time is on the cake mix box? That sounds so good! :T I am amazed that quilters can put together fabric and have an attractive project when they are done. I've been with my "sister" when she has bought fabric and I don't think any of it goes together. :lol: You will enjoy your new sewing room once you get everything switched around and just the way you want it.

Maggie -- So far the word is that the gift shop will be greatly reduced in size carrying only a few greeting cards and some baby gift items. :( They plan to use part of the main entrance area by the coffee shop. The shop now has glass windows on two sides which will be replaced with walls and the door will be moved to the hallway side. All of the employees have begged and pleaded for the administrator to consider other options but he is holding firm. The shop has been a great source of income for the auxiliary which in turn uses the money for special needs around the hospital: patient rooms, redecorating waiting rooms, buying extra equipment, etc. We owned 1/3 of the cabin which we bought from Bob's CA aunt a few years ago. MIL's will says her 2/3 is to be divided amongst her four children, so now we own about 49.7%. Since we have the money from the sale of her AZ house, and did not have to use it for her assisted living expenses, that will be divided up as soon as the legal stuff is finished. Bob had a life insurance policy on her and was her power of attorney so had access to her checking account and took care of her finances for her. The siblings agreed to leave that money alone to pay cabin expenses/taxes, etc., for the next few years, at which time the cabin will have to be sold. We can't afford to buy the others out at face value and since it's never been out of the family, they have no clue what it is worth. We had to have it appraised so are waiting for that right now. All it will take is one of the four to need money, for whatever reason, and to say, "I want out," and we will have to sell. The place next to us is owned by a second cousin of MIL, but the rest of the cabins are all rentals owned by one guy who would like to buy ours and the one next to us. I hope he still does when it comes time to sell. :yes:

I ran the dishwasher this morning because the lights have stayed off for several days. Then I got nervous that it would keep filling with water and not drain so stayed in the kitchen while it ran. It washed and then rinsed several times, so I finally cancelled the cycle -- the dishes are squeaky clean! :yes:

Hope you all have a great day today!

gma22 07-26-2009 05:10 AM

Good morning ladies! I went to bed early last night so here I am up and at em already. My knees and ankles are hurting this morning as well as my hands so I imagine it is either going to rain or I did too much yesterday. Either way, a little pain medication is in order for me this morning. I would like to clean the downstairs, but it isn't going to happen gimping around like I am.

Jean: One of these days we are going to come to Iowa and see the Cubs play and will drive to Storm Lake and see you and Bob. At least have dinner or lunch together. I am sure it was fun to meet a friend you have never been able to. When I was in jr high, I had a penpal that was a boy from Pakistan. I lost touch with him before I went to high school and often wondered if he passed away in the flooding they had there during that time. It would have been lovely to meet him. His father was a professor of some type I remember and he wrote perfect english. The life insurance place actually had hours their website worked, but I went back a couple hours later and got right in so I am wondering if they were doing maintenance and that is why I got the message. I have 2 bills I can think of that I mail a check. All the others I can pay online and do so. The electric company used to charge you $5 but they now have their own system so it costs nothing.

Maggie: When I worked in a large ladies dress shop years ago in New Mexico, we used to have this little old mexican lady come everyday and sell homemade beef and potato burritos. They were the yummiest I have ever had. I am not that big a burrito eater. I will occasionally have one for lunch, but if I am at a restaurant, I order enchiladas. I love chile rellanos, but no one makes them like they do in New Mexico so I don't order them. In New Mexico they use long green chiles, not poblanos, and they stick a slice of white cheddar down the middle, roll them in corn meal and fry them in a pan. No puff batter then covered in icky sauce like the mexican restaurants I have been in do. I know that Gardunos in Vegas buys all their produce from the Las Cruces and Hatch area where Jack grew up and so their food is pretty much what I learned to eat. They use Hatch green chiles in their rellanos and they are pretty good even though they don't put them in corn meal and fry them.

Susan: Boy what a job! I would love to have a knitting room with bins to put the different types and colors of yarn. We just have no space. If I ever got rich there would be a room for me, that is for sure. Jack has an office in one of the bedrooms and the other bedroom is for the boys when they stay over and then ours. We use the living room as a dining area and the den as a living room so there is no place to do it there. Ahh, well.

I haven't heard from Kelly so don't know what time they will be home. If I remember right though, they have a whopping 16 hour layover in San Fransisco so plan on renting a car and going out and seeing the sites.

Everyone have a glorious day! Going back to scorching hot days here. It was mid 90's yesterday. Good pool weather! ;)
Faye

QuilterInVA 07-26-2009 03:38 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! A hot day in the 90s and I won't even comment on the humidity.

I went to early Mass and we had a baptism this morning. The baby was all alert and smiling at the beginning when his parents present him to the congregation for our blessing. By the time we got to the part for the actual baptism, he had gone to sleep. I though sure he'd start screaming when Father poured the water over his head but he never even woke up. After he is dressed in his baptisimal gown, he is carried around he church again but the Deacon does this since Father Mike can't see. He can get himself around, but I think he's a little afraid of carrying babies. Anyway, he was awake then and just smiled at everyone. Such a good baby! He never cried and the service was over an hour this morning.

After Mass, I did a bit of grocery shopping. Double coupons so wanted to get a few things I had $1 coupons for. Then I came home and put on some cooler clothes and went to Super Cuts for a haircut, got some lunch and came home.

I got about 1/3 of the room done in a few hours yesterday. Today I am doing nothing but quilting.

Jean, I have a penpal that I have corresponded with from the time I was 9 years old. She lives in Auckland, New Zealand. When I was in my early 20s, she started on a trip around the world with her girlfriend and they stopped to see me in OH and stayed with me for a week. It was wonderful. Your dishwasher is possessed!

Maggie, A picture of your kittens sleeping with Ragg Mopp would make a cute Christmas card. We had a hole in the wall restaurant in a neighboring town in OH run by a Mexican family. That food was the best. I wouldn't eat it if you paid me around here. It's nasty. I keep thinking with so many Mexicans living here surely one of them will open a real restaurant but it hasn't happened yet.

Well, that wraps up today - have a good one.

Jean 07-26-2009 07:05 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's been another beautiful sunny, not too hot, not too much humidity, no wind kind of day in my corner of the world. We left for Sioux City this morning to make a stop at SAM's, the mall, and another gift shop on our way to Bob's hometown for an 80th birthday party. Maddy's birthday is in August, my "sister" turns 60 in August, and I sent my AZ sister is little hand painted sun catcher, in June, which the USPS lost along the way so I wanted to replace it. I did manage to find something for everyone even though it took several stops along our way. Now that we are home I don't feel like doing anything. :no:

"Gma" -- I am always afraid of waking up in the middle of the night if I go to bed too early. Now that I don't have to worry about school it won't make any difference. We have a "real" Mexican restaurant but I always order the same thing (Polo Loco ?) simply because I know what is in it . . . chicken, rice, green peppers, onions, cheese, and "sauce." One of the teachers ordered it the first time I went there and said it was good. I'm not very adventuresome when it comes to eating things I can't tell what is in it. Jason gets upset with Ian and I just say it's ok because he takes after me. :lol:

Susan -- I like it when the babies get a walk through the church to meet the congregation. One little girl must have been about 3 and her mom had to go along on the walk. :D I wish we still had double coupons! Our stores rarely have any coupons in the paper let alone carry the sizes listed in magazine coupons. It would be so fun to have a real cyber friend reunion someplace. The trouble would be to find a central location and then know where to stay, what to see, etc.

I need to do another load of laundry so had better change clothes and get moving. Hope you all have a marvelous Monday tomorrow!

gma22 07-27-2009 09:26 AM

Good morning gals! It is going to be a totally rainy week this week so I guess I will be going to the mall and walking this week. It is way too hot to walk outside and I just can't commit to getting on the treadmill. I just have too many problems with it unless I absolutely have to.

The kids had a great vacation and I guess the Chinese fell in love with Thomas. I guess that it is unusual for redheads to be seen in China and red is the color of luck for the chinese so they all wanted pictures with him. Kelly said that at Tiennaman Square they actually got in line to have their pictures taken with him until his parents finally said enough and had to stop it. I guess this happened everywhere they went but it was the worst there in Bejing.
Marty is home with his family and happy and the cat is happy he is home too. Of course, their luggage is in limbo somewhere so Kelly said she had no toothbrushes! lol

Jean: I truly have never even heard of tacos until I married a man from New Mexico. We didn't have taco bells, etc in Indiana and I had never seen a mexican restaurant. The first night we were in New Mexico a few weeks after we were married, we went to a Mexican restaurant that happened to be in an old mexican catholic church that was defunct. I had no clue what the food was or what to order or anything. Jack got me tacos and unfortunatley, I was hooked. I love really good mexican food and will eat a variety of stuff. I like hot food so spicy is never a problem with me either.

Susan: It was pretty awful here over the weekend, but the temps are going to be a bit lower because we are going to have rain pretty much everyday this week. It always feel so blue when there is no sun.

I better kick it up and get started on some cleaning. I went ahead and let Jack take the Mariner to work today so I am going to try and get some work done.
Faye