Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Black Cow in a Fog

They are all out driving around---yes--all the teenagers are OUT driving themselves to movies,golf courses,drive ins, camping trips out of town,beach parties,bon fires....I AM GOING INSANE!!!!!!! is there any way for me to survive this?????WABBY HELP ME!!!!!-------Frappe could help if she weren't IGNORING us forever!!!!!!---- I guess I will have to join Wabby someday when all the rest of you tramps are whining about your dds and ds's getting their drivers licences ----just thought i would stop by and WHINE not that it will do me any good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................
Old 07-08-2002, 06:31 AM   #2  
Most boring housewife.

Poor Bagzie, the DD's will survive this summer, will you?
Has Frappe ever been to this home or did we loose her when Francine so unceremoniously dumped us?
My DD does not drive. She wants a job desperately and I am the one who gets to drive her from place to place today as she blankets the county with applications.
Here is something horrible. A sort-of friend has died. I say sort-of because she had become unbearable in the past few years. She always seemed like the top of her head was about to blow off. Well, sadly, it did. She had a stroke and died while alone in the house. She was my age. I wonder, now, if she had seen a doctor about the change in her personality.
Did you know that the smoke from Canada's fires is here? These fires must be huge. They say the one in question is above Ontario. Yesterday when we came out of church there was a haze. The news says that that is what it was.
Ok, everyone, post.
bye
Old 07-08-2002, 09:49 AM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default sorry about the haze

I told them to stop it at the border,but they were too busy with the army guys searching my trunk----did you know they have fully dressed army guys when i go to the Maine Walmart????? in the olden days they just said----where ya goin'-and have a nice day---now you need ID and three soldiers stare and rummage!!!! thank you for your kind words re the dd's lushie----dd18 is "babysitting" for the summer---BOR-ing----good pay and good kids but YIKES---naturally she is consulting me about everything---last summer she worked at a salad cafe and complained about the rude customers---working sucks for sure---my dd16 works at the golf course,she LOVES it---cleaning clubs in the backshop and looking at all the cute pros.HOWever---TODAY is ds's birthdday----EIGHT years old---my 'roids are KILLING me again,and I have a party to perform---bowling alley,balloons,treatbags the whole nine yards---all while perched on a travelling sitz bath---do you think the children will be grossed out??????
Old 07-08-2002, 09:50 AM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh---i don't recall Frappe ever visiting here---maybe Wabs or kiwonk would know----LUSHIE!!! flush Peachers out of hiding why don't ya?---regarding driving your dd around---that is the ONLY good thing about them having their licences----you can drink at home and pretend that you can sleep until they arrive back!!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:47 AM   #5  

Default Kids driving

Bagzie, you've just discovered an ugly fact of life. You are no longer essential in your children's lives. Your purpose in life is over. Time for the mid life crisis. This is when we start drinking heavily. Actually the drinking is so we can bear to have our kids out driving around on freeways and late at night.

Lush, that is so bizarre about your sorta friend. Will they do an autopsy? Do you think the personality change and stroke could have been caused by a tumor or some such thing?

Frappe has been here. Anyway I'm pretty sure she has been. Almost positive. Ask Kiwi. Shouldn't she be back by now?
Old 07-08-2002, 12:33 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

you are SO right wabby---i did a search and found her----Frappe

[Frappe is offline]
ip
[Old Post] 09-03-2001 05:53 PM
profile | pm | | find | buddy list edit | quote
[Talking]

Working hard to get ready for parents. Decided to redo the guest/playroom.

Looking forward to their visit. Hope everyone's having a great holiday weekend. tata for now.
frappe
Old 07-08-2002, 07:39 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Default my kids can't even tie their own shoes yet!

Well, one of them can't anyway. When the can drive, I'm going to make them drive ME to Wal-Mart.

If you cows knew what a #$%# stupid keyboard I am being forced to type on, you would be able to appreciate the sacrifice I am making in posting this message. No wonder my dad doesn't want to touch this thing.

So sad about your friend, Lushy. We had a family friend who had been acting strange for years and was finally diagnosed with a brain tumor that eventually killed her. Very nasty business.

Well, besides the fact that it's 30 C one day and pouring rain the next, things are going swimmingly here. Went to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop and got a pair of GAP "classic khakis" for only $6.29! And they even fit and everything. Already spilled barbeque sauce on 'em, of course.

Saw perfect cleanie adorable best friend at her house Saturday night and admired brand new hardwood floors and granite countertops in kitchen. She says at the rate they're going, they'll never get out of debt, but we can't have the house looking shabby, can we? She's forcing her dh to paint their front door in cranberry in time for the "girls' lunch" she's throwing on the 22nd. He's very long-suffering.

Gotta go have some more fun now. Or maybe write some postcards.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:28 PM   #8  

I will never get out of debt either, Sugar P. And I have regular laminate countertops and fake wood pergo floors. So what's with that?

DS sold his zoomy little car, and bought a new zoomy car. He bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible. It's so pretty I'm jealous.

I really don't have a thing to say. Anybody else have a life?
Old 07-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #9  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

where is kiwi? my ds is in the town that kiwi is visiting this month? will I get to see her when I go get him? is she there now?

Lush, that is sad and it makes me think about all the diffucult people in mylife. What am I to do when I think they're ill? Canadians are so rude. Dressing up like American soliders now?
Old 07-10-2002, 07:28 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Default Rude Canadians?

Please explain. I'll apologize in advance for whatever they did. Newspapers are on strike here so I haven't a clue.

Yesterday I went up a mountain on a cable car, watched a lumber jack show, saw two orphaned grizzly bear cubs, went even higher in a scary chair lift and somehow managed to get a sunburn on the top of my head! I was cleverly disguised as a tourist so no one noticed.

Must be about 90 degrees here today. Highly unusual. We keep having to tidy up the house we're staying at so Flo, the real estate agent, can show it. It's a ruin. No one will buy it. The view is spectacular though so I suppose someone who wants to go even deeper in debt could just tear it down and build a new one.

My day to cook dinner. Mummy is out getting her nails done.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:58 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Talking I'M BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

And because I am in a brain fog due to the endless days of blistering heat and blazing sun added to travelling for nearly 24 hours with no sleep, I am posting the brainless way--hitting quote to reply to your messages.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagzz
I told them to stop it at the border,but they were too busy with the army guys searching my trunk----did you know they have fully dressed army guys when i go to the Maine Walmart?????
-working sucks for sure---my dd16 works at the golf course,she LOVES it---cleaning clubs in the backshop and looking at all the cute pros.HOWever---TODAY is ds's birthdday----EIGHT years old---my 'roids are KILLING me again,and I have a party to perform---bowling alley,balloons,treatbags the whole nine yards---all while perched on a travelling sitz bath---do you think the children will be grossed out??????
Bagz, you're a hoot. The kids will all want to try out the sitz bath for themselves, I'm sure.

Your dd16 is so lucky to find a job that is actually fun. I wonder if it is all in the personality whether you like jobs or not. I never have. I hope my dd is the type to like jobs, but she is usually a lot like me. Sometimes she surprises me, though, and is totally different. Like, she doesn't get stage fright and loves to perform on stage. I get stage fright when she goes on stage!

I think Canada is rising up against our insulting border checks -- I saw 3 Canadian warships cruising down the Hudson River toward New York City a couple of days ago! They were a somewhat sickening shade of hospital green. Ours are a much more manly gunmetal gray. I think you should complain.

More on our vacation in another post.

Tata
Kiwi
Old 07-11-2002, 03:55 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Talking I'm not wearing any pants

I don't plan to get dressed today at all. I can't remember when I got home. I think it was yesterday.

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
If you cows knew what a #$%# stupid keyboard I am being forced to type on, you would be able to appreciate the sacrifice I am making in posting this message. No wonder my dad doesn't want to touch this thing.
.......Went to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop and got a pair of GAP "classic khakis" for only $6.29! And they even fit and everything. ....
........Gotta go have some more fun now. Or maybe write some postcards. [/B]
Sugar, I can't type on anything but my lovely ergonomic keyboard, so I can sympathize. Those old ones that are just like a small typewriter or worse are hideously painful and set up for typos

I'm jealous that you found decent clothes at the Thrift Shop. I spent about 2 hours at Goodwill, before we left on our trip, looking for a decent dress or skirt and top to wear to my sister's wedding. The store was huge and there were millions of dresses; I tried on about dozen things and could not find anything that fit or looked good. I finally went to Filene's and found lots of good stuff on sale. I think I actually didn't spend that much more than I would have at Goodwill. I got a sleeveless rayon full length green patterned dress (strangely reversible with a horrid pattern of squares on the inside ), very loose and cool, and a nice lightweight jacket so I could hide my flabbery arms (eww, when did those happen?)

The wedding was lovely. We stayed at a B&B called The Sign of the Amiable Pig (sorry, no website, Wabbit ), where we had an awesome breakfast the next morning. The wedding was at a lodge on a beautiful lake in the woods. It was outdoors by the water's edge, and it was sunny and blazing HOT. My sister looked fab and sweet and her groom was such a big guy (not fat, but very tall and stocky) he made her look teeny. They look an adorable couple. He had built the wedding arch (what do you call that?) himself. All my family (on my dad's side) were there, and the best surprise was that my brother from LA, my crazy longhaired photographer/writer/movie gopher/sailor/diver/barnacle scraper/hypnotist goofy adorable brother whose wife is a movie studio teacher, was not only there and photographing the wedding, he was wearing my Dad's kilt and regalia and looked great in them. For extra tearjerking moments, the wedding was purposefully on my Dad's birthday and a special toast to him at the reception from my sister (the bride) was very moving. The reception was a kick, excellent DJ, everybody danced, even DD had a whole lot of fun. It was great.

Well, ladies, if you want postcards from me, they will have to be from East Podunk, Maine because I couldn't find a single decent postcard on my entire trip! I am not kidding. Most places we went had no stores or none open when we were there (after all we were busy sailing all day and only had the presence of mind to look for stores after we docked or anchored at night). We did find some postcards on Fishers Island, but they were so boring I couldn't stand it. I figured in NYC I would find plenty of thrilling ones, so I waited. The place we docked in New York was called Chelsea Piers. It was this gigantic recreational complex that included 4 piers, some of them with humongous private cruisers on them, most of them with more reasonable sized power boats, a few sailboats like us. Plus there was a golf driving range -- if you've seen the movie Serendipity, it was just like that, with 4 stories of little cubicles for people to hit balls from and this massive screen-enclosed "green". We got to shower in the golf clubhouse, quite nice. And there were skating rinks, skateboarding places including a halfpipe, soccer and basketball gyms, a gymnastics gym, a bakery, a diner, a brewpub (conveniently located at the top of our dock), a bowling alley, just everything. Except for a postcard shop. So I waited till I got to Grand Central Station on my way back home. And, unbelievably, the newsstands that were open (okay, it was 10 PM) had nothing but memorial Twin Towers postcards. It was so morbid--every one of them said "World Trade Center 19something-2001" It was too gruesome. So I gave up. I'll send you all some pictures when I get them back.

So, more later.

Kiwi
Old 07-11-2002, 04:01 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I will never get out of debt either, Sugar P. And I have regular laminate countertops and fake wood pergo floors. So what's with that?

DS sold his zoomy little car, and bought a new zoomy car. He bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible. It's so pretty I'm jealous.

I really don't have a thing to say. Anybody else have a life?
I am not in debt at all -- here's what that means: I not only don't have granite counters or hardwood floors, I don't have pergo either. I have a leaky roof, a broken linoleum kitchen floor, and bats. And a DH who has way too much leisure time.

I'm jealous of your DS too! By the way, what did you get for a car, Wab, or didn't you?

Kiwi
Old 07-11-2002, 04:11 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Peaches, my dear

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
where is kiwi? my ds is in the town that kiwi is visiting this month? will I get to see her when I go get him? is she there now?
I'm here! I'm not in D**** yet. Is DS enjoying his class? I am still planning to spend a day or two there on my way back home after the beach. We leave the beach on July 27th and will be at my sis's by late afternoon. I think I'll have to leave Sunday evening so we can get back in time for DD's guitar lesson on Tuesday (she is missing more than she is getting to at this rate, and we have to pay $12.50 whether she goes or not!). When will you be there and when will you leave? I'll have my car with me, so I could take you to the airport if you're leaving on Sunday. I'll have DD and her (very cute) friend M with me, so DS had better watch out

Kiwi
Old 07-13-2002, 02:11 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I absolutely refuse

to start a new thread just to get attention. Although I must say I am quite miffed that nobody even wants to say Hi Welcome back to me.

Uhoh. Did you notice the line they added to the reply form saying that advertising of any kind is NOT allowed -- do you think that my sig would be advertising? Maybe I'll change the wording. It's not like I'm making a profit or anything, just defraying my expenses on books.

Speaking of which, I finished the book you sent me, Peaches. I really enjoyed it, although I was surprised at the way it turned out, if you know what I mean. Who wants it next? It's about a middle aged guy who does the Appalachian Trail with his chunky friend who likes Little Debbies and Slim Jims.

Later gators. You'd better have posted or I'll really pout next time I come here.

Kiwi
Closed Thread