Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #16  

How much does it cost you to laundry?

Well last week it cost me our external hard drive.

This week it cost me MP3 player.

i don't do pockets......maybe I should have cause Larry had both of these in his pocket. :-(
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelite View Post
Mom is having a real hard time dealing with this and the waiting game til she gets into cancer care. Dez, well she isn't talking about it. She is losing lots of weight cause she says she can't eat. I don't know if it is the stress from school or from her being sick.
I really feel for both of them. Is your mom's cancer care kind of like the Cancer Centers of America? I've heard that's a good support system, but I don't know anyone personally who's been to one.

It's probably a combination of the two with Dez. Is she taking chemo or radiation? Those will kill her appetite, too. Did she move back in with you and Larry? I think I'd want my child with me if he/she was going through something like that.

4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelite View Post
How much does it cost you to laundry?

Well last week it cost me our external hard drive.

This week it cost me MP3 player.

i don't do pockets......maybe I should have cause Larry had both of these in his pocket. :-(
Ouch!!

I usually make money when I do the laundry. Well, I used to, anyway. I told Stew that any money from the pockets goes in the vacation fund now--no returns! Since he lost a couple of 20's (different washes), he's been better about checking the pockets.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #19  
Losing it!

Steve is notorious about leaving writing pens in his pockets. I have ruined several pieces of clothing due to ink marks. No washing bills here accept a few $$, otherwise coins, a pocket rosary, pieces of candy from Allie. Candy is cool, it completely dissolves and only leaves the wrapper. :-)

I feel for your mom and Dez, Dee. Thankfully, Dez isn't getting sick, is she? Prayers continue...
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #20  

Gayle and Dee-I am sending prayers to both of you.

Gayle-Your new addition is a cutie! I hate to ask, but is it a puppy or kitten? I can't tell from the picture. I may not make it back here in a timely manner, so please FB me the answer.

Dee-I know how hard it must be for you, since Sally was so dear you. Miss you! I wish you were coming to Fl again for a visit!

Cheryl-Glad to hear you are doing well with your pregnancy.

Janice-How's vacation going?

My vacation starts today until the 27th. I started WW online again, since I haven't been able to get off these 7-10 lbs I have gained. I am doing good so far, it's been since Sunday. The tracking food is helping me keep things in perspective. Gotta head to the gym. See you on FB!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Cooper is a little Ferret, Shelley.

Pulling up so we won't get lost in the jumble.

HAPPY 4th TO EVERYONE! STAY SAFE!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #22  

Gayle-Oh!
Happy 4th to Everyone!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #23  
Janice

Good Morning Everyone,
First day of my first week of holiday. Woo Hoo!!! Its supposed to rain so I suppose I will have to go for retail therapy.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #24  

How was everyone's 4th? I bought fireworks and had a family cook-out--only two people from my family came, we're having a drama..... Sigh......

Anyway, the food was great and the fireworks were great. The only downfall of the evening was that Jake didn't enjoy the fireworks as much as I was hoping he would. He liked the colors allright, but the booming hurt his ears. I'll try again when he's a little older.

Everything is going well with the pregnancy. My morning sickness is almost totally gone--just a little twinge now and then.

Janice, I wish it would rain here (and bring some cooler temps!!).
Old 07-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #25  
Losing it!

Janice, I like your idea of retail therapy. I may need to give it a try! enjoy your time off!

Cheryl, if anyone knows family drama, I do... my family behaves like hateful little children. I have a brother and two sisters who have no contact with my mom and treat my other bro and I like poo-poo. Makes for family friction all the way around by other relatives butting in and trying to resolve our differences. I just had issues again this week by a hateful sister who decided to share on a family website her opinion of my mom. I was told I am not a christian plus many other things... I can't believe they treat mom the way they do considering her age & health condition. Guess that is what greed will do to you. I hope your family resolves your differences, I will be thinking and praying for you.
Give Jake a year or two and he will start to enjoy fireworks! My kids never really cared for them until around the age of 6 or so. Just the past few years, Allie is starting to light them etc.

Taking a break from bookwork! Wanted to check in and say hey!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #26  

Gayle-Sorry to hear your family woes. I know deep down it really hurts both you and your mom. I'm praying that your family will come together.

Cheryl-I'm sure in a few years he will love the fireworks. I really think they are too dangerous for kids. They scare me.

Janice-Hope your vacation is going well.

Hi Dee!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #27  

Hi guys, I am just popping in to say that I am home. We were at the lake with our T@bin for a week. I needed that. Great weather too. Now I have to catch up with laundry and gardening.

Cheryl you asked if Dez is back at home, nope she likes her independance. She hasn't started treatments and we aren't sure yet if she will. The weight is just dropping from her.
Sorry to hear that everyone didn't show up at your party. Maybe it is just as well.

Gayle that sucks to have a family that doesn't get alone. Jason and Desiree don't see eye to eye very often. They are just so different. When we get together as a family it is ok but they would never get together with out us.

Janice enjoy your holidays. I hope that it doesn't rain to much or you will be broke....lol

Shelley I wish I could come out and visit you again. That was so much fun. We are booked to go back Dec 2010 so we can look forward to meeting again.

Time to get stuff done. Dez is off today and she will be here shortly too.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #28  
Janice

Gayle - families are nuts sometimes. Just focus on the good one's and forget the rotters. I have one cousin that phones and everything is me, me, & me. I can't stand talking to ME people it drives me crazy.
I have been doing tests this week and getting caught up with appointments. The weather has been cold and I'm not sure where I should go today to shop. Maybe Costco.
I made a low carb cheesecake yesterday and put fresh strawberries on top. Yum! Even Doug ate it and liked it. Also made a recipe called Drunken Chicken it was delicious.
I am doing all the hormone tests to start bio-identical hormone therapy. I have to drink 5 glasses of water and hold it for an hour before an appointment for a pelvis exam. Now that should be a challenge. Tomorrow by 11 am I will be full. I see the doctor on August 6th for all test results and hopefully start the therapy.
Sweats are really bugging me, I feel wet and clammy all the time. Oh the joys of being a menopausal woman.
Cheryl - I am glad you are finally over the morning sickness, it was a long time for you.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Janice, I didn't realize you were starting hormone therapy. Good luck with all of it! What a relief it will be today when they finally let you pee! I will be saying a special "piddle blessing" for you! Keep us updated as you know what's happening.

Relatives are the pits! We have more "rotters" then the good ones. I am on a family site and right now, 2 of my sisters have ganged up against me and are making nasty comment after nasty comment. MOST of the other relatives are believing their stories and siding with them. I find it so very hard to not grab the keyboard and type away, but I can be the bigger person and I have nothing to prove to anyone other then I want to know I did things right when it is my time to pass.

Dee, I'm glad your enjoying the camper! I didn't realize Jason & Dez are so different. Jason sure looks like Larry in the pics.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #30  
Losing it!

Janice, I have a SIL who is ALL ME, ME, ME! My brother is ill, trying to get thru harvest and she is running to go out for lunch with a friend. I finally figured out how to get her off the phone! I let her ramble for about 10 minutes learning all about her, her kids and how much money she has spent. Then I bring a story up about me, within a few minutes she informs me she really needs to go! Works like a charm!