3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/174908-steel-magnolias-33-a.html)

Jean 06-27-2009 05:21 PM

Good Afternoon! We are home, and I can hardly wait to sleep in my own bed tonight! For the most part we had nice weather -- a little humidity, lots of sun, and a couple of thunderstorms during the night. The guys caught lots of fish while we gals visited the mall and local tourist shops. Lunch at the Olive Garden was my fun for the week. There wasn't anything new this year and no one bought much of anything. It just wasn't as much fun as it usually is -- probably because sister Julie headed home to AZ instead of MN with us.

The construction guy was supposed to tear out the ceramic tile in the kitchen while we were gone. There are gaps in some areas next to the counter tops so don't know what his plan is for that. I was hoping he would be done before we got home, but can't decide if he is or not. I have sheet rock dust all over everything. :(

I see there are lots of posts to catch up on. Hope you all have a nice rest of the day. Bob is out mowing, and I have laundry going. Ernie is sticking close by me just in case I try to leave again. :lol:

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

gma22 06-28-2009 06:43 AM

Good morning to you all! We had commissary day yesterday and it was nice and quiet there so we were able to get finished in a timely manner, however unloading and put away took awhile. I needed to stock up on a lot of stuff we were running out of.

Jean: Great to have you back. Sorry your trip wasn't more exciting but at least you got to go to Olive Garden! I know you really like that restaurant.

Not much going on around here this week. I am going to go over to Kelly's and swim this week and start getting in regular exercise. If I have to walk I guess I will just go to the mall.

I found a lovely long dress for the cruise and shoes so I ordered them yesterday. I don't know if I will like the shoes but they look like they will go perfect with the dress so I hope so. The nice thing is the fabric over the instep is stretchy, which is nice.

Everyone have a good Sunday and I will talk to you again soon.
Faye

QuilterInVA 06-28-2009 02:40 PM

Good afternoon, ladies. Cloudy and overcast and only in the 70s today. Looks like rain is coming again.

This has been a boring weekend. Usual chores and all that. Going to do some quilting after I finish this.

Jean, sorry MN wasn't quite what you hoped for. I love the soup and salad at Olive Garden. It's good to have you back with us.

Maggie, are you busy constructing more house or being the pastor's wife? I posted a recipe today.

Faye, I know you enjoy your swimming. It will do you a lot of good too. I feel so good when I can exercise. Post us a picture of your dress and shoes when you get them.

Well, on with the boring afternoon. Think I'll put a movie in.

gma22 06-28-2009 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Susan: Here are the dress and shoes. These are for the formal evening they have on the ship.

QuilterInVA 06-28-2009 08:41 PM

Very elegant, Faye!