Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 288/264/140

Height: 5'8"

I've been looking for a support forum. This thread doesn't look very active. I've been doing the Gabriel Method for a little over a month now. I've lost some weight. In the second month of the program I'm supposed to begin including exercise. I've been looking into PACE by Al Sears M.D. His program is like HIIT or interval training but takes into account that many people are not in very good shape when they begin exercising. It seems to be very short high intensity interval training customized to each individual's level of fitness with gradual increases in intensity to boost your overall fitness level over time.
What are you doing to include exercise in your overall fitness plan? What types of exercises are you doing?
CurlieFoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 199/199/140

Height: 5' 10"

Thumbs up Can I join you...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
Anyone interested in joining a thread for the Gabriel method? I started doing it a week ago and I just love it.

Some components of the method are similar to the setpoint diet, which I had great success on years ago. What happened? Trauma and letting it all fall by the wayside again. In Gabriel's analysis, on some level, I decided that fat would protect me from more trauma. A big part of the method is convincing both mind and body that it's safe (in fact safer) to be slim.

Here's what I've noticed so far:

* Mostly no desire to eat when I'm not hungry, sometimes an absolute aversion to food.
* A thrilling feeling of the possibilities of life.
* More energy.
* I'm HAPPY!
* More mental space because I'm not preoccupied with thoughts of food/how fat I am all day.
* More thinking about how to make sure my own needs are met, rather than how to cope with what I have to do to look after everything and everyone else.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I recommend the book. It's only about $10 from Amazon.

The only thing I don't really like is the guy's website, which is too hype-y and looks like every bogus plan website. It makes it look like a scam. But I suspect that's due to the site creators. I wish legitimate people would put more time and thought into their sites and make them better.

Anyway, that's my only gripe. I lost two pounds last week (I'm going to WW -- I'm paid up till Sept. so I'm not going to quit weighing myself.).

Anyone else trying/thinking of trying this?

I've had the book for a couple of weeks now. Have been listening to the P.M. visualization for 1 week ...........holy smokes!!!! I am having the same types of behaviors as you. Not sure if I've lost any weight but sure am loving the "side Effects".....
Would love to join in ..............Thanks
Mary
ATSBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #33  

I just bought the book and tapes from the website. We can do this
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #34  

Anyone here from 3 years ago still on it? Just bought the book. Looks interesting, excited to try it. Anyone else??
helen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #35  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I'm jumping back in here -- it's time. I'm dealing with a shocking regain -- same old, same old reasons, plus a sprained ankle that sidelined me in the fall. But ready to go again. Let life begin!

For exercise, I walk -- aiming at 10,000 steps a day -- and go to hot yoga -- aiming for 5X a week.

I've looked at other plans and thing that there are compatible ones with a lot to offer -- Marianne Williamson's Course in Weight Loss, for one, getting into the root causes and the things that we have been using food to repress.

K, officially excited again myself. Let's go!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-01-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #36  

Default Arabella, are you out there?

Would love to join you if you are -- I'm just re-beginning with Gabriel and the Senn yoga tapes again after months of delay, so would love to team up with you, let me know!
And best of luck with your renewed venture
GutBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #37  

Yes, I'm doing a combined approach but I'm going to start listening to the guided meditation again regularly. I did a couple of times last week but one of them I mostly slept through it. Supposedly still effective but ... I'm not sure.

I'm working on eating only when hungry. One rule is that I only eat at the table when I'm alone; another that I can't eat anything but fruits and veggies between meals. Steps and food have been good this week but yoga will only be 4 times.

Last edited by Arabella; 05-23-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
Yes, I'm doing a combined approach but I'm going to start listening to the guided meditation again regularly. I did a couple of times last week but one of them I mostly slept through it. Supposedly still effective but ... I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure that the cds work also when you "sleep", maybe at an even deeper level.
I have the habit to listen the meditation when I go to sleep, and the day after always feel less cravings than when I forget to listen the cds.
This program really helped me a lot, I've also written a review about it, if someone is interested: The Gabriel Method, my review
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #39  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 272/260/150

Height: 5'7 Age: 23

Hmm, I am just about to buy the book. I'm not sure about signing up for the whole website thing. (40 bucks hurts to pay once a month when you are 22 and working day-care) It's great to hear feedback from you ladies.
Bunnydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 194/150

Smile New

I have questions about Gabriel Method. I have just started reading the book. I can't afford all organic & grain fed meats, will it still work if I buy products from grocery store? What about taking fish oil pills in place of flax seed? Also, I put on the night visualization & I always fall asleep....... Will it still work? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
Jenjen2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 245/211/145

Height: 5'5"

Just starting this and would love to talk to others doing the program. I opted for the Total Transformation Package. Has anyone paid for the support forums there? Is it worth it?
wirebiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 202.8/196.7/115

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, got the book for free, it's been collecting dust as it just seems like a . Lot of baloney. I'm going to read it and try it, as what happens. Quite frankly it sounds too good to be true, an you know what they say......
lulanilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #43  

A lot of people have success with it. I often find that I'm more successful on days when I've listened to the meditation the previous night. That said, although it seemed to work almost magically at first, I haven't since had any long stretches of effortless control. On the whole, I think it can do the trick for some people and can be a useful tool for most people.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #44  

Smile Just heard Jon Gabriel talk yesterday

I have been reading about meditation for a couple of years now. Not good at doing it and yet I realize that to really lose weight I need to make changes. Diets in and of themselves do not work because once we stop being vigilant we start regaining. Viscous cycle. So I can see this is not a very active group, but I think this could be a very helpful piece of the picture for many of us. I just ordered the book and have looked at his site. Actually, other than the visualization I do not see much on the site except that he sells alot of other programs and supplements. I will go back as I have a month trial, but doubt that the site is very supportive or worth the monthly fee. From what I read about previous comments, it seems like he is basically promoting a healthier diet supported by the visualizations to help change our thinking. For me at least the important piece is getting into a routine to see if the regular use of the visualization will make a difference as they have for others. I know that the best way of eating includes grass fed meats and that is a real financial issue. I just could not bring myself yet to spend over $15 on a small whole chicken. Harder if you are cooking for a family but for me I realize that I just need very small portions since I only need 3oz cooked. Will see.

I had never heard of chia bran and still do not know what it is (perhaps ground chia seeds?). Will have to find out because ground chia is sill as the chia will dissolve in liquid and does not need to be ground the way flax seeds do. When you grind or dissolve the chia you are exposing the Omega-3 oil to the air and it will begin to oxidize so you do not want to do that in advance.

Hoping someone is still interested here!
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/199/140

Height: 5'3"

Just came across this when I was looking for reviews, etc. of the Gabriel Method. I just purchased this and started yesterday. I do not have the online support feature, but I purchased the Total Transformation for about $70. Includes the visualizations, videos, digital copy of the book, etc.

I have tried pretty much everything from Jenny Craig to Weight Watchers, gym membership, home gym equipment, counting calories on my own, Biggest Loser, I could go on. But nothing has really worked long term for me.

I think I've made myself a nice little fat cushion: used fat to keep other men away when I was in a bad marriage for years, emotionally and physically neglected. I think that had something to do with sexual abuse in my childhood as well.

I did have some success with a self hypnosis recording I bought on Amazon awhile back, when I did it every night I really did find myself thinking about food differently: I realized this when I head a co-worker on the phone, ordering a double-order of chicken fettucini, hold the broccoli, double order of garlic bread... and when I would normally be thinking 'omg that sounds so good!', I actually was thinking 'that is just a ton of fatty food!' and then I realized I was thinking right about food for once. I lost about 5 pounds when I got distracted with some other things and next thing I knew I was up again.

So when I saw the Gabriel Method, and read reviews, I thought it might be a good idea to go back to that same concept, in a more comprehensive way... different visualizations, the book, etc. and if I start to stray I just really need to make myself go right back. I can't expect to fix what's wrong with my thinking in a few short weeks, I need to really beat it into my head.

I haven't really seen any reasonable arguments against this method, so... Getting started on beating it into my head.
Dramatori is offline   Reply With Quote