3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Post Pertun Soapies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/17229-post-pertun-soapies.html)

geneve 06-16-2002 04:02 PM

Post Pertun Soapies

Hi Everyone,
OK Monday tomorrow and I will get out my WW CD, dust it off and start again.
AND, my BIG promise of the week, is that I am going to weigh myself on the scales at the gym so I can really measure if my weight is going up or down. My scales are so inaccurate it's hopeless.
Geneve

geneve 06-16-2002 04:05 PM

PERTUN??????Oh someone take me outside and shoot me:dizzy:

Kiwonk 06-16-2002 07:22 PM

I thought that was kind of a goofy subject :lol:

bc 06-16-2002 09:21 PM

I think the trick for me is to actually use my exercise machine!!!

I am with you geneve though!

Soapies, eh?

Barb

jlrose 06-16-2002 10:40 PM

I had a good week. I'm down another 1.5 pounds and I've lost over an inch around my waist! :D
I also had my second week at the Sunday Market. It's going pretty well. Sales were up from last weekend.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Jen 06-17-2002 08:12 AM

The post and the soapies clued me into this being our group so don't fret geneve!

I've had a miserable few days as far as eating/exercise goes. So far off plan it is not funny. I've given myself a swift kick and going to do LOTS better today.

Okay this is a bit personal so if you find it more info than you really want to know than move on...yesterday me and the dh were, you know, and I was on the bed unclothed, (well I would be wouldn't I) and my belly hangs so much it actually wapped against my thighs. I just about died when I heard that noise. Well I made a huge vow right then that I would do something about this gut of mine. And during, you know, my whole body was jiggling and wiggling in a manner that was really horrible. Talk about feeling like jello. It was not pleasant. I think this was the first time I've felt really really BAD about being fat. I know there have been times when I've been unhappy about that but I've never really felt like I hit rock bottom. Well I think I'm there.

Well enough moaning, I've got to get going on this TODAY!

jlrose 06-19-2002 11:40 AM

Is everyone having a good week?
I get to have dinner out with friends tonight. I've banked 10 points and got to pick a restaurant with a lighter menu. If I play my cards right I might get to have dessert. :lol:
I've been to the gym with the kids the past two days. I think I'll take today off since I woke up feely pretty stiff and achy. :(

Jen 06-20-2002 10:24 AM

Hi all. Things are not too bad here. I spent 3 1/2 hours Tuesday night moving a huge pile of topsoil off the road and into my front yard, spreading it out and laying down 34 rolls of sod. It was quite a job. Yesterday I was not a sore as I thought I would be though this morning my abs were really sore but I think that is more from the ab work I've been doing in an effort to get rid of the jigglies!

Drake is brilliant as usual. He is sitting up really well now though he does topple over once in awhile. I can get him to sleep now without formula though he does seem to like a little water before he goes to sleep. I think sucking on the bottle calms him down a little bit. He is still not taking any food thicker than puree though which is starting to concern me a bit. He is 9 months now and should be eating thicker foods. He'll eat mashed banana and peaches okay but when I try the 'junior' baby foods, especially the meat stews he can't keep down the chunkier vegs even though they are about the size of a small pea and very soft. I tried some of that baby pasta mixed in with some pureed squash and he kept that down barely. He gagged a couple of times in between and after the second time I gave up with the pasta and was just happy be didn't barf it all up. That happened the other day, he was doing okay with a chicken stew, I was mashing down the chunks as best I could and he'd gotten quite a bit down but I gave him just one spoonful too much and it all came back up. Oy what a mess! If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could try to start getting him used to thicker foods I would love to hear them.

I'm doing okay too. I've been sticking to my expanded exercise program except for the day I did the lawn work. I knew I was going to be doing all that so I skipped all my exercise.

Take care all.

jlrose 06-20-2002 03:21 PM

Jen,
My first son was a choker. He could choke on anything. Some kids are just really finicky about texture. I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just try to keep introducing a variety of foods and he'll get the hang of it. :)

geneve 06-22-2002 02:30 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for a bit...more of that later.
Jen, your wobbly story is very close to my heart. I know DH couldn't care less but I care and I find it hard to expose my acres of rolling flesh these days, which is a shame for both of us I guess....not that tere is much daylight time when one or other of the kids isn't screaming for our attention!
Leo is still teething and it's really getting me down. he wakes up very early and takes ages to go off to sleep (he's been sobbing himself to sleep for almost 45 minutes as I write, with one check in and a cuddle from me when he was screaming). Virtually no sleep in the day either. He's also become ridiculously clingy, screaming when DH, Ted or myself leave the room. My right shoulder is siezed from carrying him about and by the time mid day comes I usually have a stress headache augmented by the strain on my shoulder and neck muscles. Obviously I have been dealing with this by stuffing myself with coffee and biscuits.
I have made a few begging pleas to my folks to help out, but they aren't interested.
And DH wants another one.
AND while I'm on about my personal problems, the doctor gave me a new IUD which is supposed to reduce and eventually stop heavy bleeding...and I have been bleeding and spotty with swollen feet ever since.
Baby still crying so i'd better head on up the stairs again.
PANTS!!
Hope you lot are doing better!
Geneve

bc 06-22-2002 03:41 PM

It is hot here and I dont' feel like doing anything! My kids come and cling to me asking for frozen treats. They feel hot and sticky. We just got a freezer and I want to run to the store and fill it with frozen treats!!!!!!!! maybe that will cool them off.

Our basement is also cooler, but my husband has a HUGE ping pong table he made in the middle of it cutting down on the size and making it less pleasent to be in there. I think the next job is to clear out that table, lay a second rug, put the chairs around so we have seating, and hang out there! (right near the ice pops)

The Farmers market might be expanding their crafts to include toiletries and bath items. If they do so I will reapply and sell there. The woman was very nice when I talked to her earlier this week. Phew! I have so much money tied up in packaging now I really NEED to sell. It helps that some of my friends are addicted to the body mousse and purchases have trickled in.

Jen, I too understood your moment. I call these 'defining moments' I have had many.

Two summers ago I made a big decision to make a change and then a month or so later I ended up getting pregnant. :?: My defining moment then was the feeling that because of my size, people would not take me as seriously as a job applicant. I am a teacher, and you wouldn't think that matters, but people really tend to carry a lot of baggage regarding weight and someone who is over weight. I just have to gather back my resolve and get it to stick without another baby!

barb

geneve 06-23-2002 03:47 PM

Hi all of you. Another horrid day withthe baby, up at 4.30 after a night of grizzling and the odd spine chilling scream.
A day of defining moments, as you ight say, Barb.
It's an interesting idea, that our dieting events re preceeded by events that make us see reality rather than the soft focus I tend to use for my ife. I have been thinking about it all day today and I have been amazed how many times in the day I shut down those moments before they have time to make me feel bad about myself.
And with that in mind I am going to start (yet) another thread, which I will try to spell properly. lol !
I want to write them down, every day if I can so I can make a record of how much, and how often i tell myself I want to lose weight.
If you wantto join in, feel free.I'm just seeing of a bit of lateral thinking can help me get in control of this.
Geneve

Jen 06-23-2002 04:16 PM

Geneve, I'm really sorry to hear that Leo is being a beast (not on purpose of course but a beast none the less). Just remember that teething does end eventually.

Speaking of which I think we are heading into some more of that with my own Drake. He has been so good for about 2 weeks and now is turning beastly again. Waking up in the night (2 times) last night and being difficult to get to nap during the day. Took me a hour and a half this afternoon even though he was exhausted.

Barb, it is boiling hot here too. I bought an air conditioner for Drake's room as our house has no central air and I knew he wouldn't be able to tolerate the heat. It is doing a good job of keeping the top floor cool and eventually it sinks downstairs anyway so it is okay down there too. It is the first summer here that it has been some what comfortable during this unbearable heat. We have a smog and humidity alert going on in this area so frankly I'm just staying in as much as I can. I took Drake out for a walk this am, just a short one and I needed to cool off in the shower when we got back, I was just dripping with sweat.

Also with all this talk of selling bath products I am now extremely curious to buy something from you Barb. The only thing is that I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. Do you have anything that would be suitable?

How are all the baby's doing out there? We know all about Leo and Drake, how are the other little darlings doing?

Take care all.

bc 06-23-2002 10:06 PM

Now how could I have forgotten this? Isabelle took her first steps!! Well actually she has been taking occasional steps for awhile now but i haven't counted it as her walking because there was no conscious try there. This time there was! It was on her 13 month birthday. :D She still drops down to crawl because she can get around very well that way. Oh yes she can also go up and down stairs.......something I really don't want her testing out too much so I tend to keep the gait up to keep her off all but the first step.

We did get out basement into a nice sitting area. Well nice as in cooler, but not nice as in nicely furnished :( That is ok I don't really want anything too nice down there because the boys just crawl on it anyway. The cement floor now has two rugs on it so it is super soft, just right for some of their wrestling matches. NOw when they wrestle in the living room I can send them down there to do it and not worry they will clonk their heads.

I also stocked the freezer with some frozen treats and put PLENTY of ice in our freezer. I have suggested to the kids that half an ice cream sandwich is really a great treet and then they can have another at another time. Cagy on my part because half of an ice cream treat is probably 2pts so if I happen to have one it isn't as big of a deal as if I had a full ice cream. :D

Geneve, I really don't think it is a bad thing for us to turn off some of the negative self talk. Really we DO need to feel good about ourselves. If we use rose colored glasses for some of the nasty stuff that is fine! Sometimes it isn't even the rose colored glasses I need but a nice blurring caused by some wine :D

I am trying to fight this heat with lots of ice water. Who knows maybe the drinking of water will reduce my appetite. :)

Geneve, I am joining you on the other thread, however do you mean to have that run parellel to this one?

Jen, I private messaged you.........so check it.

Barb

geneve 06-24-2002 08:23 AM

Well done Isabelle!
And yes, I do intend both threads to run...I started the other one so I could remind myself why I'm doing this and then look back at it on the days I cannot motivate myself.
I was reading a book by Patrick Holfors the nutritionist today.He doesn't believe in calorie counting, or indeed many of the other popular weight loss methods, he had some very interesting ideas. The book I have is called the optimum nutrition bible, and was recommended to me by the nutitionist at the place where I learned reflexology.
He is big on eating stuff like pumpkin seeds, no tea, coffee or caffinated soft drinks and no calorie counting. Lots of fruit, but you have to be careful which ones, he belives in keeping blood sugar constant so you have to avoid things with quick release sugars like melon pineapple and bananas.
This way of eating is supposed to be very healthy and result in weight loss you can keep off (I can lose weight but tend to put it all on again plus more as soon as I stop dieting), so I may give it a go.
I'm not that far into the book and there is a special weight loss one I'm going to get too. I'll let you know.
Geneve.