Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Actually, there are one or two of us out here who care, but who just can't be here all that often. If you check out the threads stats, you get about 10 people for every post made, thats people caring enough to check out what you are up to.

The weight gain is possibly water. Have you been having a lot of salty stuff? All that miso or soy?? Check out the labels. And yes some of it will be to do with lack of exercise - that's what my gain is but unfortunately I am on the move again and a gym membership will have to wait again.

In racing as far as I can see, the appearance is more to do with appearing prosperous especially for trainers and managers, there wives and mothers etc. Some of the strappers look positively seedy. The jockeys of course wouldn't get work if overweight. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time, but there is really only one person who can fix it isn't there? If it is to be - it's up to me. Old saying but true.

Last edited by Shad; 05-24-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Caring enough to try to find the right words.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #32  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Ok, Shad, so it's up to you! Will you please get on it for me?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:31 AM   #33  

Nope - get on with it yourself. BUT I am watching your!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #34  
Never give up

Yes, ma'am! You know I was just having some fun. The voice of reason is speaking loud and clear...and her name is Shad!
Will write more later. Gotta run now.
I do NOT have a glowing report though....but....well, it could have been worse. Thanks, Shad, for caring.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 AM   #35  

Your welcome, I knew you were pulling the leg. I laughed but told you to get on with it anyway.
I'm off to Sydney for 6 weeks tomorrow. I will attempt to watch over you, but it may be sporadic
Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm here and ready for a new challenge!!

This is a tiny challenge...but hard enough for me!!

Challenge: Not eating past 7pm. Only 1 pause. Starts TODAY!!
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #37  
Never give up

Unhappy

I can't believe how lethargic I've become. A lot of is mental. Harsh words, resolve, all that, don't work anymore. Nothing does. And my body is working against me because it has become a vicious cycle, the more I don't do, the harder it is to do anything. I can't believe how tired I feel all the time.
This morning I was determined to get to the gym before work but it is already late. I will go though, but there is never enough time to do anything anymore.
At least I had some sound sleep last night, which is even more bizarre, because I don't know why some days I can sleep and others it's impossible. This has been the biggest obstacle to my being consistent. My body is a mess. I guess it's my age. It really, really pisses me off. There is already so much in my life to have to fight and slog through, just trying to make a living...now this. Ah well, keeping at it is the only way.

Day 15 on No Smoking done, 1 pause taken (I decided to allow a pause after all and just keep on with the challenge. I don't think I could take going back to zero right now, and besides, it's the same thing as far as the days off smoking are concerned.)

Day 9 on No Sugar done, 1 of 3 pauses taken

Sara -- Welcome back. I was just about to end this thread...well, meaning I was going to not come in here anymore and just let it take its natural course. I'm tired of the lack of interest and may as well just do things on my own since there is no support here.
But, if you're back and serious, I may stick around. The pressure is on you! Good luck!

Shad -- Have a good trip and thanks.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #38  
Never give up

Wink better...

Well, I did get to the gym. I nearly had to drag myself there. It certainly felt like my feet were dragging. It was really, really hard to walk the 50 minutes to the gym. But then, I did 10 min. each on the bike, the elliptical and jog/walking and that adds up to 30" so I was happy. Then a bit of weight training. I really did feel a TON better afterward. Hurrah!!

Then another 45 min. walk home tonight. Cool.

Now, however, my evening ended on a sour note when I went to the supermarket and had to listen to some drunk yelling at the cashier. I was pissed. Went over and threw my basket down and told him to shut up. So, this is funny, he turns on me and I shout back and had a little shouting match with me telling to shut up and not come shopping if he was drunk and his reaction was to ask if I paid taxes. I didn't bother replying to that...I was going to tell him I paid a heck of a lot more because I surely made a least double what he did....but I refrained. I don't know why, but he just really got to me. He was going on and on and on after he left the register and was packing his stuff. Looked about 58, nicely dressed, what a jerk. So, where you had one jerk yelling, after I started in, you now had two. And I gave him lots of new material so he can go on and on about the shameless foreigners. Sigh. And the moon's not even full....

Day 16 on No Smoking done, 1 pause taken

Day 10 on No Sugar done, 1 of 3 pauses taken

Last edited by redballoon; 05-27-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #39  
Never give up

Day 17 on No Smoking done, 1 pause taken

Day 10 on No Sugar done, 2 of 3 pauses taken
Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #40  
Never give up

Well, if there is anyone out there....for what it's worth...I notched another day on both challenges. Hurrah for me.

Day 18 on No Smoking done, 1 pause taken

Day 11 on No Sugar done, 2 of 3 pauses taken
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #41  

Well done Red.

I think I might need a challenge. How about 50 crunches everday - like we used to do. I might be able to manage that.
Also 1200ml of water everyday.
3 pauses.

That should do me for a while. I don't guarantee to get in here everyday since I don't always have internet access. But I will do the challenge and I will try hard. This starts tomorrow (Sunday 31st May)
Old 05-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #42  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,
I think my challenge should be to log in every day! Time has a way of getting away from me, and with work so stressful, I am always putting myself last, so I guess logging in here is some "me" time, which I deserve and need! I am always better behaved when accountable.

I have been doing so-so with the food. now with this Celiac cr&p I really have to plan my meals ahead and bring food to work otherwise I literally have nothing to eat. I have also been pretty successful in explaining to my husband that I need help in this. So he slices my veggies each day and makes me some tehini spread.

Blah Blah Blah - too much me talking here.

So challenge stands: check into 3FC every day and posts, making me accountabe, 1 pause allowed.

Red - WTG on the smoking - you're almost done with 21! And you cracked me up about the drunk guy, haha. Here's a question for you - you often mention that your skin is bad - have you ever been tested for Celiac?

Shad - good luck on the crunches, nice to see you here
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #43  
Never give up

Cool

Day 19 on No Smoking done, 1 pause taken

Day 12 on No Sugar done, 2 of 3 pauses taken

Don't feel much like talking. Am swamped with work through next Sunday. Later, all.....

Shad -- Hi and thanks for joining. I guess you took pity on me, eh? Yeah, it was getting pretty pathetic, me coming in here to talk to myself....good luck on the crunch challenge. I was just thinking I should start one as well and think I will.

miriam -- Good to see you. No idea on the celiac. They probably haven't even heard of it around here. I guess I could try just staying away from gluten and see what happens. My skin got bad when my job changed and I'd say it's mostly due to that and my age and hitting the hormonal changes that come with it.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #44  

I've done the crunches, but am still glugging on the water. I'll post results when all challenges are met for the day.

I think another challenge might be to keep my temper intact for the next 6 weeks. this place annoys me. The city not the job (so far).

Red - Nearly done on the smoking challenge.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:07 AM   #45  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 1 complete, checking in

I really need to incorporate some regular exercise into my life. I think that cardio is more necessary for me at this point, because it keeps my blood sugar in check. I used to go to a great belly dancing class, and that was a good workout and good fun as well, but gone are the days of having a car, and the location really isn't accessible without one. oh well. i was doing well on jillians 30 day shred, but then I got these horrible headaches again and the last thing i want to do is jumping jacks, and further jar my addled brain..
-----------------
Red - the more i read about celiac, the more baffling it is. seems like no 2 people have the same symptoms. but i know that skin issues is one of them, and also trouble with weight loss is another one, so you never know. also, celiac can manifest itself at any age.

Shad - a temper challenge?? How would that work? What are you doing in Sydney anyway? Is it winter there?
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote