Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #31  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

I just finished my steak wrap and my skinny cow bar. YUM. So good. I am about to start planning for tomorrow.
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #32  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Yay Ariel! I'm glad you are happy about your food! Finding food substitutes or things that are tasty AND healthy is my favorite part of this experience!

I need to get some of those skinny cow things or other diet ice cream though because I can't live without it! I was babysitting this evening, and their house was stocked with snacks and of course, coffee flavored ice cream - my absolute fave. I was going to have just a serving, but then I drank two glasses of water, and took two small spoonfuls and enjoyed them immensely. No more than that! Are there any coffee flavored diet ice cream products? Low fat/sugar? I hope so...

How is did everyone else's second day of May go? Mine was alright. Within my calories, only did 75 minutes of exercise, and very low stimulation, but I am happy with myself. Tomorrow will be busy busy, hopefully too busy to worry about eating!!
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #33  
the 20 year old wonder.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about it. I am sure there is coffee flavored ice cream sugar free/fat free somewhere. I wouldn't know because I don't look for it. But good for you for the two spoonfuls. This is my plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast –
½ Cinnamon Zero Carb Bagel
3 Strawberries
Hershey's Stick

Snack #1 –
Kashi Strawberry Cereal Bar

Lunch –
Low Carb Tortilla
Chicken Breast
1 Slice FF Cheddar
1 Slice Turkey Bacon
Lettuce

Snack #2 –
Jell-O Sugar Free Cinnamon Roll Pudding

Dinner –
½ Cinnamon Zero Carb Bagel
Medifast S’more Bar

Dessert –
Weight Watchers Frozen Candy Bar Ice Cream

I work from 4pm-9pm tomorrow so I have to make my, like, cooked meal for lunch. And trust me all these treats and stuff are just being used up like this because I just bought them and I am anxious to try them, haha. But I am excited for this grilled chicken wrap I am planning.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

That grilled chicken wrap sounds great, Freakiel. I think I'll make one of those next week.

Today wasn't fantastic for me, although the morning was great (got up early on Saturday with zero complaint, practiced yoga and had a huge cup of tea). But I had to go to a bridal shower for one of my best friends and had a piece of cake. A really small piece, but I felt guilt. :/ I was able to fend off my enablers tonight, though. They wanted ice cream really badly, and almost had me out the door going to get a Frosty with them. I resisted! Ate a Fuji apple w/ cinnamon instead.
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #35  
the 20 year old wonder.

That sounds good, did you bake the apple or anything? I love apples and cinnamon.

Yeah I'm looking forward to my wrap, and I'm going to make my boyfriend make it because he is much more of a cook than I am. I found out today that lite chocolate silk is even more delicious than full fat chocolate silk. Very tasty. After my breakfast, of a half bagel strawberrys and 60 calorie hershey's special dark chocolate bar, I am full. And very pleased. That hershey's bar was so good. Especially because they are long and thin, you feel like you are definitely getting a mouthful of chocolate, even though it probably levels out to be only a square or two. It was very worth it.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #36  
the 20 year old wonder.

The wrap was very tasty and very very filling!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #37  
the 20 year old wonder.

on a different note, cinnamon roll pudding, not so much.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #38  

No, I just peel and slice the apple and sprinkle cinnamon on. I've never tried it baked. How would I go about doing that?

I woke up really late today. 1 PM. I went to bed really late, but I got way too much sleep. I woke up groggy and sore, but the yoga helped. And now I'm about to go get on the bike. Yay.

Freakiel, where do you buy the Hershey sticks? I've never heard of them. I bet there are less calories in one of those than in the Bliss chocolates I eat.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #39  
the 20 year old wonder.

I got it at Giant. In the candy isle. It was so satisfying because of how long it was vs. being thick and fat, which only take 2 bites to eat, if that. So it felt like just enough. I got the dark chocolate ones because I love dark chocolate but cannot eat it in a bar form because it is too overwhelming for me, so having the dark chocolate stick is perfect because it is just like, the perfect amount.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #40  
So close!

Hey all! Glad everyone's been having good days. Ariel, your food experimenting is making me jealous! I can't wait til I'm off the meal plan and I can shop for all my own food! Two weeks. Keep posting the things you eat, it's giving me great ideas!

Today was alright. It's amazing to me how I can not count my calories at all, but end up with almost the exact same amount day after day. I have had my daily intake within 17 calories three days in a row, totally incidentally.

I also finished my last paper for the school year! One more week of classes to go! I only got 45 minutes of exercising in... damn this rain! It has been raining for what feels like forever, and it's not supposed to stop for a while. I just want to exercise outside!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #41  
the 20 year old wonder.

Yeah it has been raining quite a bit. Today is just nasty out. I swear I have a life, btw, everyone probably thinks I don't with the frequency I am in this topic, but I have nothing to do at work but surf my computer, therefore I am here a lot. My job is just to man the front desk of the apartment complex I live in on campus and hand out toilet paper and answer the phone every once and a while.

Yeah I'm having quite a bit of fun with food, this diet has certainly helped me ENJOY food more, rather than just give in to it. I don't have emotional ties to food anymore, just a fascination with it, which I am really glad for. And I promise I am not rich, I spent way more money than I should have at the grocery store. Between my tuition and car payments, I could've saved the money, but I figured I am going home to wait tables in two weeks, so why not. Plus I needed food and I had pretty much nothing because of Medifast, so I had to start from scratch.

Holy cow my shift is over! Yessss.

As I typed that and was standing up to shove everything in to my bag and run out of here, someone walked in. Life is funny sometimes, isn't it?

Alright I am really going this time, haha.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #42  

Mondays suck.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #43  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

I definitely hear you about Mondays...ugh. I hope your day is going better now that it is getting into the afternoon.

Actually, I can't complain, because I didn't go to work today. I got up, and since I still had a little fever, I called in for a sub. Actually, I went to work at five this morning to get out before seven when all the kids start showing up. I feel fine now, but I probably would have received about 100 parent phone calls if I went to work with a fever since all the swine flu stuff is going around. Better safe than sorry. I haven't called in sick yet this year, so I don't feel too bad for missing today (a little bit).

Ariel, I'm glad things with the new diet seem to be going well. Keep up the awesomeness! Sorry to hear it has been nasty, rainy out. Is it better today?
Riverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #44  
So close!

Nope. It is even more rainy and gross today.

Sorry you are feeling ill, Riverite! Don't get the swine flu!

Things for me have been okay. Mondays are so busy, I haven't even been back to my place since 8:30 am. I am using my boyfriend's computer right now, actually, because I won't get back to my place until 10:15 or so. I did get to the gym, did my strength training routine which I love, and then I ran a mile on the treadmill - first time I've ever tried to run a mile without stopping. I was really impressed - usually I get side cramps, my feet hurt, or I get out of breath, but I did it in 11:30 at a medium jog, between 5-6 mph, and burned 120+ calories. Yay! I am going to try to go back to the gym to get in 30-60 more minutes of cardio after my night class, but we'll see how I feel.

I have been doing a one-week no dessert challenge, and so I've been finding dessert substitutes - wheat toast with jelly, cereal, fruits. It's been pretty fun actually, because it still feels like dessert, even though it's not. I had to pass up some massively delicious chocolate cake, as well as brownies, cookies and ice cream, but I let myself have some frosted flakes! I was worried I might come out over calories, but I am actually under - who knew? I still have about 150 which I can eat to get to my normal intake, so maybe i'll have a little popcorn during the hockey game.

I love weekdays - it is much easier to motivate myself to stay on a schedule and stay on track. I feel pretty good, despite the gloomy weather.

What did you have to eat today Ariel? (or anyone, please give me fun tips!)
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #45  
the 20 year old wonder.

not going as well as i planned. my old enemy snacking for no good reason has come back to haunt me.