Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 09:51 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Biographies Of The Thin Group

I thought it would be nice to do the biographies once again. The last time we did bios was in 1999 and in the shuffling of the new forums they just got lost... Just copy this form and paste into your post and fill in your info (if you want the titles to be in bold - then go to edit and copy form, then back out of edit and paste into your post and put your stats after the [/b] ) ... ok - ok ... I'll go first. lol

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME:

BIRTHDAY:

MARITAL STATUS:

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT:

CURRENT WEIGHT:

GOAL WEIGHT:

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR:

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

Last edited by CJ; 02-06-2002 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:09 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

DATE: February 6, 2002

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CJ/Carol

BIRTHDAY: December 20

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married for 19 years (second marriage)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dick

CHILDREN/AGES: 9 children (5 from 1st marriage, 4 step-children, although I never refer to them as step as they are my own in my heart) Dawn, 38/Darcy, 36/David, 34/Karen, 34/Dwayne, 32/Kevin, 32/Richard, 31/Denise, 30/Allen, 30

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Spending time with grandkids (9 of them) QVC Home Shopping, gambling, knitting & crocheting (when I’m in the mood) reading, surfing on the computer, talking to my e-mail buddies and my Thin Group pals, and “lounging”

PETS: 1 female cat, Elgato

TOP WEIGHT: 184.5

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5’4”

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: blonde

OCCUPATION: Retired (8/27/99) as a Municipal Clerk for the Dept of Public Services for the City of Royal Oak for 22 years.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

HOMEPAGE URL: www.geocities.com/HotSprings/sauna/4797 (The Thin Group Website) and http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplac...henkorner.html (CJ's Kitchen Korner) and www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace (CJ’s Place)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lack of will power and motivation at times and mainly exercising.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am not alone in my journey back ot thin. I have the wonderful support and motivation of everyone here in THE THIN GROUP and that means a lot! My wonderful friend, Sharon, once told me that you have to want to lose more than anything, and I finally got it! I started WW January 2001 and have been able to stay with the program this time. Even though my weight is coming off very slow, this time I am not quitting until I reach my goal!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

DATE: February 6, 2002

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sweet Tooth / Peggy

BIRTHDAY: September 14, 1951

MARITAL STATUS: Married - 31 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Bill

CHILDREN/AGES: Kris (27), Dale (26), Darren (23)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I haven't had much time to pursue hobbies that last few years because hubby and I spend most of our spare time with house renovations. When I have the time, though, I make stained glass windows, stained glass patio stones, knit, crochet, paint and read.

PETS: Tiger the cat (26 years old). As you can see, he is older that 2 of the kids.

TOP WEIGHT: 194 pounds

CURRENT WEIGHT: 133.5 pounds

GOAL WEIGHT: 120 pounds

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR:
Before the hair appointment - Brown with a smattering of grey
After - Brown with streaks of blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Alberta, Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Since I embarked on this weight loss journey, I have not had any problems with weight loss. However, the 16 years leading up to the start was my biggest obstacle. As my weight crept up, I knew that I should do something about it, but was not mentally prepared to take that step because I didn't classify myself as being fat.

Last summer I was calculating my BMI online and when the results appeared, I was shocked to see that I was classified as, not just overweight, but obese. I was never a heavy person, so mentally, I did not picture myself as being 'overweight.' This was the shock that moved me to action. I guess psychologists would call it cognitive dissonance. So, to align my mental view with reality, I had 2 choices.
1. To change my mental picture of myself and accept the obese person that I am, or
2. To change my body to align with my mental picture.

I chose the latter and have not looked back. Once that decision was made, I devised a plan (people who know me tease me about Plan A, B, C, etc.), solicited the support system that I needed (primarily my husband and the ladies on this list) and was on my way. I now weigh in the 'normal' range for my height. My plan is to lose another 13.5 pounds to reach my personal goal and I expect that will be some time in March 2002.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 02-07-2002 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:00 PM   #4  

DATE: Feb.7,2002

USERNAME/ REAL NAME: Sher-Bear/ Sherry

BIRTHDAY: Dec.28,1959

MARITAL STATUS: 15 years on Valentine's Day (Feb.14,1987)
SPOUSE'S NAME: Wayne(2nd Marriage)

CHILDREN/AGES: Chris....19 on Feb.23/ Drew 14 / Zach 19 (we have legal guardianship on Zach.....Has lived with us for 4 years)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Family.......Bowling.......Swimming.......Camping. .........Beach.......Collecting Coca-Cola Items

PETS: Persian Cat: Rain................Dog:Sunny

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 174

GOAL WEIGHT:150

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Dishwater Blonde

EYE COLOR:Blue

OCCUPATION: Elemenatry School Office and Tennesee Titans Suite Attendant

GEOGRAPHRIC LOCATION:Nashville,TN

EMAIL ADDRESS:[email protected]

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love pasta,pasta....PASTA!! The more noodles & cheese, the better!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: When I look in the mirror & see myself naked.That right there makes me want to lose!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I'm a much stronger person than I was 5 years ago.I'm learning to say "NO" when I'm not hungry.Also, my portion sizes are so much smaller then they were 5 years ago!!
Old 02-08-2002, 02:12 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

DATE: February 8, 2002

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Jo (used to be Jello) / Joanne

BIRTHDAY: September 19, 1961

MARITAL STATUS: Single again!

SPOUSE’S NAME: My significant other and "roomie" is Rich

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, photography, "crafty" stuff even though I'm not good at it....

PETS: Watson - 13 year old dog, Spot - 8 year old cat

TOP WEIGHT: 202

CURRENT WEIGHT: 160-something ???

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown with blondish-reddish highlights ... and a gray one or two.

OCCUPATION: Executive Assistant (She who does all the work for little or no credit.)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeastern PA, just north of Philadelphia

HOMEPAGE URL: None

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I like food too much. I enjoy trying new tastes and flavors ... especially if they're chocolate or sweet or buttery.... Well, you get the idea.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The Thin Group!!!! It's nice to have people in my life who are going through the same thing I am and who REALLY understand.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a nice person. I got out of a really bad marriage where I was made to believe there was nothing good about me and I couldn't do anything right. It's taken me a long time to learn how to be a complete person and to realize that I can have friends and a life!! I'm a cancer survivor and have realized that life is a very short and precious gift and shouldn't be spent being angry or sad ... OK, OK, or overweight. Had to say it.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #6  
CH

DATE: April 3, 2002

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CH/Carolyn

BIRTHDAY: June 14, 1945

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: Richard-36, Sarah-23

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing, scrapbooking, crafts, reading, playing with my granddaughter

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 257

CURRENT WEIGHT: 226

GOAL WEIGHT: 149

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: Dishwater blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky

HOMEPAGE URL: Thin group

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Willpower and my love of eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I finally want to do this for health reasons. It's a shame I had to wait this many years to realize that.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am finally at a time in my life when I am happy with who I am. Part of that is due to getting involved in my church and letting God me in charge of my life.

Last edited by CJ on 02-07-2002 at 03:11 AM
Old 06-06-2002, 11:24 PM   #7  
"Hyatt Regency"

DATE: June 6, 2002

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Regency919/Carolyn Hyatt

BIRTHDAY: February 15, 1956

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Horses, cross stitching, quilting, reading, computer, music, writing poetry, old cars, particularly the 1948 Mercury, muscle cars, University of Michigan football!!!!!! and people wonder what they would do if they retired!!!!! I'd have plenty of things to keep me busy thats for sure....

PETS: Jonte` (black long haired cat) Jonte` will be 11 years old in October; Dreamer (lab & shepherd) Dreamer will be 10 years old in December

TOP WEIGHT: 379 lbs. YIKES!!!!!!!!

CURRENT WEIGHT: 289 lbs.

GOAL WEIGHT: anything in the 100’s range!!!!! I will certainly celebrate with some kind of vacation when I hit 199!!!!!!! Then I will work my way from there, probably around 150…. It sounds so pleasing to the ear at this stage.

HEIGHT: 5’5” almost

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: strawberry blond, used to be a true redhead….. but with age it seems to keep getting lighter.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Taylor, Michigan – southern suburbs of Detroit

E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected] (home) and [email protected] (work)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love food and it’s a true challenge to cook for one.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am a newly diagnosed diabetic and I am slowly learning how to eat….. taking one meal at a time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My sister is Joanna Hunt. She used to post but not enough hours in the day now for her. My family have all moved to Kentucky and I have property waiting for me but it has come to light that I will not be able to retire for several more years. I am single and never have married; I had one close call, but realized that he was not the right person for me. I have no children…. I sort of helped raise Joanna as she was born when I was 16 years old and remarkably we are extremely close to one another. I love horses, and animals in general. I used to have a horse when I was a teenager, just for pleasure. I think it kept me out of trouble with the boys during those raging hormone days….. I would love to own a horse/horses again someday. I am volunteering as a Parole Officer in the City of Taylor. I haven’t started yet but will “shadow train” in a few weeks…. I am hoping to like it and keep doing it for a few years. I need to “pay it forward” as they say.

Last edited by Regency919; 06-06-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Closed Thread