June Challenge

• I think we all need a challenge ~~ so I am doing one for the month of June ... I know this is pushing it for me, but I am going to try really hard to lose 5 lbs - that will take me to 170! I know I can do this if I really put my mind to it ... I need some encouragement guys ... anyone want to join me?? I can't do it alone!

My current wt (as of June 4): 175
    My goal wt for the end of June: 170

Love, CJ
  • Whoa boy! Do I need this or what!?!? Yes, I'm in for the June challenge! My problem is I'm not really looking at the number on the scale but trying to get to the gym and get exercise and build muscle, etc.

OK, so tonight I think I'll measure my waist and hips and thighs etc and make my challenge to lose an inch or two off each measurement. Can I do that? Anyone have any idea what a reasonable number of inches might be in a month's time????

Maybe I can make my challenge to get to the gym at least 3 times a week. That way I won't wimp out. (Went last night, BTW, and really really really went to town on that elliptical machine!!! 40 minutes at a good clip!! Wooooooo!!!!! )

Sorry. Not the place for that. OK, my challenge: Gym 3 times a week. Lose some inches on measurements (I'll post them when I take them) and OK I'll echo CJ's plan to lose 5 pounds. (I'll have that number by tomorrow too.) Maybe that'll get me back OP!!!

Thanks for this thread CJ!!!!
    Jo
  • I think we are all in a slump and need to give each other a gentle push! I know we can do this! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Love, CJ
  • OK, I think this is what I need to get me out of this slump. I did really well with the challenges last fall, so maybe this will work again.

Anyway, I think I would like to lose 5 lb. this month. Sooo that will take me to 125 pounds by the end of June.
  • Ok, my official start number is ....

... gulp....

171. Yikes! How'd that happen!?!?!

So my challenge is to be at 166 by the end of June.

Here's my b**t all ready for kicking!
  • Count me in too. 5 lbs. by the end of June. That will take me to --------. I can't even type that number! You will just have to trust me. I am determined this time. Let's go!!!!!
    Carolyn
  • WE CAN DO IT GIRLS! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Love, CJ
  • Hey! Remember me? I want to join the challenge even though I am a week late in joining. My goal is to lose six lbs. by the end of June. That's two lbs. a week.

Trish
  • Hey Trish - long time no see! Glad to see you joined our June challenge - good luck!

I was down 1 lb this morning - so 1 down and 4 to go for me! Went for a little walk today - down the road to the mailbox - 20 minutes round trip - I said little ... but better than nothing, right?

Love, CJ
  • Lost another 2.2 lbs this week. That makes 4.4 lbs. Maybe I should make my goal 8 lbs. lost instead of 5. Oh well, I'll stay with 5 and be happy. Hope everyone is losing.
    Carolyn
  • I didn't weigh in last week because I was soooo *&^%*$%&_ busy, I didn't have time to pop over to do even that much. Theennnn, I got a cold and the flu. Even had to miss the boss's bar-b-que last Saturday . How can you tell I was really diasappointed.

Anyway, after that great big long story, I didn't eat all weekend (could barely get out of bed to get to the bathroom), so I have lost. How much, I don't know, but I will try to weight tomorrow to see.

I'm so glad that all of you are losing for the June challenge. Way to go gang!!!!! Keep it up...only 2 more weeks left and I know you can do it.

Right now...I'm going home to bed. Straight to bed and no supper.
  • Hi!

I'm making progress, but slowly. I've lost two lbs. so far. That leaves four more to lose in the next ten days. I doubt if I can do that, but I'll try for at least three more for a total of five lbs. How are the rest of you doing/

Trish