3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/167383-steel-magnolias-17-a.html)

gma22 03-22-2009 06:27 AM

Steel Magnolias #17

Good Sunday morning ladies. Hope your weekend is going well for you.

I was cleaning up dinner dishes and Jack was watching basketball when the phone rang. It was Kelly and she wanted to know if we had dropped the dog off at their house. I goofed! They came home yesterday! lol So she said they were about an hour away and would just come get him. Thomas had a ball I guess. He ate and ate of course and I asked him what was the most fun and he told me he slid down the big pool slide a hundred times, but his mom said, "That was your favorite?" He said oh yeah, we went snubaing. I guess it is a modified way to scuba dive with the tanks in the boat instead of on your backs and you only go 10-20 feet down. The boy is fearless, I will give him that. I am anxious to see all his pictures. We are going to keep Marty when they go to China for two weeks in July. Kelly told us she forgot to warn us about the trash thing. Tom said they put trash up out of the way. NOW, they tell us! lol I told them we are used to Fortune and he doesn't fool with the trash so didn't even think about Marty maybe doing it. Every dog is a different personality and Marty is abit more "fun loving" than laid back, all I want to do is sleep or sit on your lap Fortune. Marty is hilarious because he is kind of like a toddler when he doesn't get his way. If Marty thinks you are ignoring him when he wants something, he will do something sort of naughty to get your attention. For our house, it was pulling the stuffed "butterscotch" off the cube seat that has all of T's games in it. I couldn't figure out why he would do that until Tom told me he will do stuff if you ignore his barking at you for treats. lol

Susan: What a great deal on groceries! I only saved about $5 on mine yesterday as I didn't have many coupons. Of course, groceries are cheaper at the commissary and you don't pay sales tax. You do pay a 3% fee on your bill, but our sales tax is almost 10% so that's a big savings over a regular grocery store. We don't have income tax so they have to generate tax some way. I would rather pay the higher sales tax then income tax. They have been trying for 30 years to pass an income tax, but the state reps and senators know if they vote yes on it, the next election they won't get elected! :D Hope you are rested up. I imagine my weigh in tomorrow will show a bit of gain as I am doing a female thing this month. I feel like I am going to be the only 80 year old woman still having menses from time to time! :^: The doctor is not concerned just says it will change in time. I am closer as it is now only about once every 6 months or so and basically insignificant, but it will still cause some water weight gain that even my blood pressure diuretic doesn't take care of. Ahh well, the price of being a woman I guess.

Maggie: Oooh, I do hate paper cuts. Ok, don't get grossed out, but the best way to handle a paper cut is to put a bit of super glue on it and seal it up. Honest, it works! This hint comes from a ton of legal secretaries that have to deal with that office "injury" a lot. I wear sandals as long as the weather will not freeze my tootsies off, which is a good portion of the year down here. I wore them yesterday, actually, but changed into my crocs to go to Target as the weather had not warmed like I thought it would. It was like ice in the commissary again yesterday, but blissfully quiet. There was hardly anyone in the place so Jack and I felt like we were shopping by ourselves, which was heaven.

Jean: Everytime you talk about tractors, it makes me think about the Disney movie, "Cars," where Mater the tow truck (voiceover by Larry the Cable Guy) takes Lightening Mcqueen tractor tipping. I started giggling this morning when I read Bob was moving the tractors around as I could see him out there making those darn tractors tip right over by honking at them... I was concerned about taking the dog and dropping him at the house too, just in case, but I figured if all else failed I could go back and get him if something happened to delay them. They drove to New Orleans to catch the ship so they didn't have to deal with any airline snafus. The only concern would have been if some emergency delayed the ship or if getting through customs would have been a horrible nightmare or something, but they obviously breezed right through because usually the ship docks around 9 or so I think and they were here by 6:30. I think it takes about 6 hours to drive from here to New Orleans.

Well gals, I am going to get to work on housecleaning. We are finally going to go to the movies early this afternoon so I want to get some stuff accomplished this morning.

Everyone have a great day!
Faye

Jean 03-22-2009 04:12 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a gloomy cool day in my corner of the world. MIL called at 6:30 this morning wondering what we were doing . . . "like still in bed sleeping?" She decided the pain was a #10 and she should go to the ER so the nurse stalled her until after 7 when the shifts change and we finally are on our way about 9:30. She has multiple compressed fractures but since there are no previous x-rays the doctor can't tell which is older, old, recent, new, etc. We have rent-a-docs on the weekends so the ER doc had to consult with the local doctor about admitting her to the hospital. MIL was comfortable and "happy" when we left her -- full of morphine. They are talking some days of rest and possible physical therapy, so we'll see how it goes.

Maggie -- There was one lady at MIL's assisted living that had her walker decorated with blinking Christmas lights and greenery. She is really on the ball, a pretty sharp dresser, wears make-up, jewelry, etc. :D I haven't seen her Easter/spring decorations yet. I hate paper cuts and get them much too often at school. I usually go for a band-aide . . . makes it feel better like the little kids say.

Susan -- We haven't had double coupons around here for years! You really saved a lot on your groceries! :cp: The grocery stores used to honor each other's coupons but they don't even do that any more. I'm guessing that stopped when WM opened their super store. I like 3/4 sleeves too. :yes:

"Gma" -- Comparing Marty and Fortune makes me think of Leonard and Ernie. I couldn't leave anything meat or dairy related on the counter or Leo would lick and/or eat it. Leo also would chew and eat the handles of plastic bags from the grocery store or WM. Ernie doesn't pay any attention to anything on the counter except getting his drink from the faucet. :lol: Do you have a tax on food? Iowa does not and I wish they would because everyone has to eat. They claim it would affect the lower income families more -- well, duh, they are the ones using the food stamps then paying cash for their cigarettes and booze. :mad: We also have an income tax.

The dryer is buzzing so had better fold and put another load in. Have a nice "rest of the day" and a marvelous Monday tomorrow!

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

QuilterInVA 03-22-2009 05:50 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! Fog and frost on the windshield this morning. I hope we don't just go from cold to hot with no inbetween.

I went to Mass this morning. I have to say Father's sermon was not up to par and he rambled. Ususally he is very interesting and inspiring. I guess we all have off days.

Faye, I'm sure Thomas was talking as fast as he could to tell you everything! Somethings in the grocery store are taxed (nonfood items, pet food) at 4.5%, food is 2% and prescriptions are 0%.

Jean, I'm sorry your MIL is having these problems. Maybe the change of scenery and rest will do her good. I like Faye's description of Bob changing around his tractors. The stores here don't have store coupons. We have the customer loyalty cards and they save a lot. No card, no sale prices.

Have a good evening, my dinner timer just went off for the oven.

gma22 03-23-2009 09:51 AM

Good morning ladies. Weigh in and am up a smidge, but not a surprise to me with the big first week loss and some hormonal junk going on. Just have to keep plugging along.

The phone rang early this morning and it was my dil. One of her friends, who Jack and I are especially close to, had her mom die either last night or this am. She had breast cancer and they knew she would not survive it was only a matter of time, but you aren't really ever prepared for it. The friend is such a sweet young woman and I know she was very very close to her mom so it is particularly sad. Guess I will hunt up flowers to send as soon as I know where to send them.

Run don't walk away from the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owens. It was dull, boring, and hard to follow most of the time. Big disappointment and considering how much you have to pay for even matinee tickets a big waste of money.

Jean: Hope your mil is resting comfortably today. Is physical therapy pretty much the only recourse for the problem? I believe we pay tax on the whole shebang it is just divided up between, city, state, etc on your receipt. I am noticing prices inching up a lot lately again. You would think we would all be rail thin as expensive as stuff is getting nowadays.

Susan: We get coupons that are for military only when we go to the commissary and I use them and the ones hanging on the shelves with the items, but I don't cut coupons and such and we don't take the paper so I don't get the ones in the Sunday paper either. If I am diligent I can save enough that it pays for the 3% surcharge at least! :D

Well gals know this was short, but I have to get my downstairs cleaned today and I have laundry and dish putting away besides so I have to get jumping. Jack took a class today instead of work so he didn't leave until after 8which meant we didn't get up at 5 as usual so I am starting later than I usually do.

Have a good start to the week and hopefully it will be nice and springy where you are. We will be in the 70's today and in the 60's the rest of the week.

Faye

Jean 03-23-2009 07:12 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! It is terribly windy here with some rain showers from time to time. We went to the funeral this morning and the lunch was immediately following so we didn't have to go to the cemetery. The program said there would be a private family commital service so I'm wondering if he will be cremated. After we visited with all the "oldies and goodies" who knew Bob as a kid, we went to Sioux City for a quick trip through Penneys for Easter basket clothes for the grandkids. I have a Penneys card and the clerk kept trying to talk Bob into one. He finally asked her if she knew what happens to credit scores when people open and close credit card accounts and she didn't . . . when there is activity on your credit record it lowers your score for insurance purposes as well as mortgage, utilities, etc. We stopped in to see MIL when we got home and she had had an MRI this morning. She was sitting up in a recliner so I'm assuming she is still getting morphine since she has no pain.

We had another bat in the house last night. :yikes: This time he was in the basement and Ernie caught him. Gross! Since we put our new roof on I suppose there must be someplace they can get in and out . . . I'm calling the "Bat Man" tonight!

Susan -- I think I would like the store loyalty cards. I do clip coupons out of the paper if it is something I use. More often than not I either forget to use them and they expire, or I cut them out and leave them on the counter rather than putting them in my purse right away. :o

"Gma" -- I'm sorry about the small gain and know you will have it gone in no time. :yes: That is too bad about the friend's mother's death; you are right in that even if it is expected one is never ready. I'm not sure that physical therapy will help MIL simply because she has osteoporosis and is becoming more curled over as time goes on. I am really surprised she hasn't broken a hip in any of her falls.

Bob is at church for practice and should be home shortly. Have a nice evening and a terrific Tuesday tomorrow.

QuilterInVA 03-23-2009 08:15 PM

Good evening, ladies! It was cool again today, just in the 40s.

There is a church meeting tonight so no bible study. A rather boring day today, went to work and scrambled to get everything done so I can be away with a clear conscious tomorrow. My boss told me not to worry about coming in, just call it a sick day.

Faye, thanks for the heads up on the movie. I really like Julia Roberts, too. I'm sorry about the mother's death. You can never be prepared for that.

Jean, I'd be moving out of the house until the bats were gone! I hate them, all rodents and all insects. I'm glad your MIL is comfortable, at least.

Have a good evening!

gma22 03-24-2009 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning to you all! It is lovely outside this morning, a little cool but not even enough to put on a jacket or sweater.

I am going into the "presents every month" part of the year and trying to keep everything straight and I goofed one up. Jack's sister's birthday is on Saturday and I didn't think of it until last night. Thank goodness for my Qvc and HSN cards! I scrambled this morning, found this cardigan and tank and had it shipped express right to her. It looks like something she would like. I sure hope so. Between doing the stuff for the kids' anniversary, Easter for both of the boys, my younger sister's birthday and a friend's birthday it is no wonder I forgot. The UPS and Fedex guy is going to be busy coming to my house for the next few days. I have my sister's and friend's handbags I bought them and should get part of Thomas's Easter today and probably the rest of the boys' Easter stuff today too. The problem was that my sister's birthday and son's anniversary is the 10th and Easter is the 12th so I had to have all the stuff at the same time. I still have cards and gift bags to get then get it all put together and shipped. I have a lull til June then both boys' birthdays which are two weeks apart, then my dd's anniversary and dil birthday are in July, sil's birthday in August and then Jay's and Jack's birthdays are both in October then Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have no idea what I am going to do this year for anybody.

Susan: Is your testing today? I am sure it will go just great. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Jean: I'm with Susan. I would be living at the hotel down the street until they were gone. I hate rodents of any kind. I even get icky over our nutty squirrel that inhabits the tree. The little snot tore into a couple of birds' nests and destroyed them and all the stuff landed on our deck. It was a mess for sure. There is a elderly woman that works at a restaurant here in town that has a dowager's hump and it looks so painful to be hunched over like that all the time. I always feel so sorry for her, but she is always so cheerful and sweet so maybe it doesn't bother her.

The upstairs is calling me to get to work so better get to it. Lots to do again today. I work at the clinic tomorrow so wanted all my work done before then.

Have a good one today. Faye

Jean 03-24-2009 04:14 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining but it is windy and cold in my neighborhood today. We got out at 11:30 for conferences this afternoon/evening. I had some work to do so just got home. I plan to leave early on Thursday. :cb:

Susan -- I hope all goes well for you today! :yes: We've had a few bats over the years. We came home from vacation and found one dead in the livingroom. At the time we had 3 cats so assume that one of them did the deed. Once they hit the floor they can't take off again so Bob kills them and then disposes of the body. They are endangered so you aren't supposed to kill them. The "Bat Man" figures out where they are getting into the house and then sets a trap thing that lets them out, but won't let them back in. I'm hoping if there are any more they will move next door to the cat haters' house. :woohoo:

"Gma" -- I have my list of cards ready and I will stop at the Hallmark store after school on Thursday. May is my busy month and the rest are scattered through August and September. I try to address them and put them in order to mail; that doesn't always happen in time but it helps. We power shopped Penneys yesterday for Easter basket clothes as well as a birthday outfit for Zowie and Kolby. I always get gift receipts in case the moms have to exchange anything. I'm about ready to start sending money and let them buy from the get-go. :p I like the outfit! I hope your sister-in-law does.

Guess I will clean off the counters and run the dishwasher. I hate coming home to a messy kitchen but it seems like I never have enough time to pick up in the morning. Have a nice evening and a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow.

QuilterInVA 03-24-2009 06:32 PM

Good evening, ladies! Another cool day. Rain is on the way.

The test went well. At least the EKGs were good. Don't know about the scans. The nurse who did the treadmill portion listened to my lungs and wanted to do a nebulizer treatment because I am wheezing. It made it easier to exercise. I never walked on a treadmill before. I had trouble getting the hang of it at the start, but when she started the incline, it got easier. Go figure. Anyway I was able to do the 6 minutes they wanted. My BP has come down 16 points since last week. I'm thinking the Prednisone is working. I was tired when I finished, though. Went home and slept for 2 hours.

Did my taxes on TurboTax online this afternoon so that is over.

Jean, nutty people around here actually put up bat houses. I know they are good at eating the insects, but they have too bad a reputation for me to welcome them. I can't stand a messy kitchen. I have everything cleaned up and in the dishwasher before I sit down to eat. How is your MIL doing? My grandma had osteoporosis.

Faye, you forgot my birthday is also in October. Just add me to the list. That is a very nice outfit you got your SIL. I hope you have a good day at the clinic tomorrow.

Time for a little quilting.

gma22 03-25-2009 05:37 AM

Good morning ladies! It rained hard here last night and it was still dripping when I took the trash out abit ago. Don't know whether it is going to hang around today or not. It was nice here yesterday, sunny and near 70 so I could open the sun roof in the car when I ran errands.

Susan: I did forget you ladies. Gloria's birthday is next month and all three of you, Maggie, Jean and you are in October. You and Maggie sandwich Jack in with your birthday being the day before and Jack's a couple days after. I'm glad your test went ok. Treadmills do take a bit of getting used to. I have to start mine slow and work up so I don't trip. I am now finished with half the placemats and have started #5 so I am rolling along. I will still have to block them and put all the fringes on, which will take awhile so I need to keep working on them so I can get them done on time.

Jean: I didn't get the kids clothing this year for Easter, except I did buy Jackson his first set of "big boy" underpants to go along with his potty training book and his stickers. That's what his mom asked me to buy him for Easter so that's what I did. Good thing he isn't older 'cause what kid wants underwear as a present? :D I got Thomas a Webkinz animal and a wii points card, which he can use to download Wii games to play. The Webkinz are stuffed animals that have tags that allows you to log on to the computer and input information and stuff about the animal. Thomas probably has a dozen of them. I bought him a turtle this time. I got him the cutest pink monkey with hearts for Valentine's Day.

Like I said, today is clinic day. Hope we don't have too many kids. There is a lot of strep and stuff going around the school at the moment. Maybe there will be a lot of down time and I can get knitting done. :)

Gotta go girls. Hope you have a nice Wednesday!
Faye

Jean 03-25-2009 05:30 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another cold and windy day in my corner of the world. I would like to see Mr. Sunshine asap. The weather is "iffy" for tomorrow with rain and snow in the forecast, but only a 30% chance. School was another SSDD kind of a day. I haven't been going to the study hall with "Hopeless" since all of the kids sign out to go somewhere else. I hide out with another special ed. who has prep that hour, but has our short-tempered BD student with her. I sit with Jaimie while the teacher does her thing -- works for us! Hope hasn't even asked where I've been or why not coming to her room. Oh well . . . . . :shrug:

Susan -- I'm glad your tests went well yesterday. That is great news about the bp being down so many points. :yes: How long will you be on the Prednisone? I just remember the directions saying not to quit it all at once. I think I had a 5 or 6 day dose. I would NEVER put up a bat house -- they are creepy little creatures as far as I'm concerned. I know that in different parts of town where the houses and churches are older, there is a big problem with the bats. We had the "Bat Man" come to our church after we remodeled and I forget how many holes he found -- it cost us thousands of dollars but worth every penny in my book! MIL was really "dopey" yesterday when we visited. She could hardly keep her eyes open and would fall asleep while we were talking to her; she was in bed, but it was early so don't think she was down for the night. I don't know what kind of meds she was on but she was up and perky the day before, so it was a big change.

"Gma" -- We have the Webkinz animals at the hospital gift shop, but I have never sold any. I need to pick up some coloring books or something else to add to my Easter buckets. Hopefully the buckets will all go the lake this summer because some were cracked and pitched last summer. I hope your time at the clinic went smoothly. ;)

I have bell choir at 6, and Bob is going to try and catch the doctor making rounds at 5 so guess supper will happen when it happens.

Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow. We get out at 11:30 again, but I will be going through cupboards and pitching for a teacher.

QuilterInVA 03-25-2009 07:44 PM

Good evening, ladies. Another cold one with rain on the way.

A rather boring day at work. Boss has a really bad cold so he is rather short. I told him to go home before he made me sick.

The doctor called and said she just got the report from yesterday and everything is perfect. A big sigh of relief!

Faye, I'm with you - what kid wants underwear from Grandma and Grandpa! Those animals sound really cute.

Jean, soounds like school hasn't really changed much. Won't be long until you can leave for good. I'm on Prednisone for 30 days this time, 60 mg. I'll be tapering off from 60 units. She upped my dosage of Celexa and its back to having to get used to it - it makes me really fatigued all day, no matter how much sleep I get. It'll probably be a month to get adjusted.

Have a good evening.

gma22 03-26-2009 07:40 AM

Good morning gals. Another rainy night here but going to be in the 70's today so that is fine.

Jack is looking forward to getting this week over. He has next Friday off for MLK memorial day then the following Friday off because it is Good Friday, then works Monday and Tues and we go to Indiana again for him to go to the baseball game. I am going to breakfast with my sister then we are going to Michigan to the Indian casino to check it out the day he will be in Chicago. She was raving how beautiful it is. Well, when you have been to Vegas it would be hard to top a couple of those hotel/casinos. Bellagio is just gorgeous inside as is the Venetian. Not going to be much gambling so I doubt we stay long. She can come back with me to the hotel since our hotel room has a nice couch and living area. We are staying at a new one Hyatt Place and the rooms look pretty snazzy. I actually got it cheaper than our usual hotel and this one is almost brand new. It also has a cool feature where you can plug in any dvd player, games and such so it would be a great place for Kelly and Tom to stay with Thomas when they go to Indiana. It is only about 5 miles or so from our son's. It is not a pet friendly hotel so when we take Fortune we couldn't stay there, but Kelly is keeping Fortune the Wonder Dog when we go in a few weeks. On Friday we are going to either keep Jackson or take him out alone for awhile depending on whether the kids take off work or not.

Susan: Ooooh, hope the boss doesn't give you something. All you need to tack on to your current breathing problems is an awful cold. One girl came in yesterday coughing her head off like she had bronchitis and when she left I wiped down the phone and furniture with Clorox wipes and then sprayed the room with disinfectant spray. I don't want it that is for sure. This poor kid is liable to be held back from missing too much school so her mother is sending her to school sick. She actually told me that when I called though she did come and get the poor little girl. I had several bandaids, three ice bags, two fell in the muds, 2 headaches, a baggy for a tooth that fell out, and a sick tummy with a fever. One of the boys that fell in the mud did a bang up job and he was about t's age. He was crying and I felt so sorry for him so I tried to jolly him up a bit, thank goodness found him some clothes to put on and told him to wash up in the bathroom and how to wash off his shoes. He was ok when he left to go to the bathroom and change. I did get to see t twice yesterday. I went to get ice in the cafeteria and his class was lined up for lunch. I saw a class outside waiting and spotted bright red hair in the back so kind of leaned forward and sure enough there was my Thomas. I got a big wave from him a bit later when his class was going outside and he was helping carrying balls in a big container. He is so cute now that he has lost some teeth. That big holey smile.

Jean: I have everything for the baskets sitting in a couple grocery bags hanging on the treadmill waiting for me to assemble. I think since Jackson is really too little to get Easter baskets much I will just wait and take his when we go to Indiana along with my son and dil's anniversary present. It will be a couple days late. The napkins are supposed to be delivered today and I hope the colors match somewhat as I can't send them back and would be stuck with them. I actually found an "I Love Lucy" anniversary card for the kids. It was cute. Your poor mil. I know the morphine route. You can't keep your eyes open. I was just always sleepy when I had it in the hospital, but when I had my gall bladder out years ago they gave me Demerol and boy was I loopy. Our pastor came in to visit and Jack had not gotten back from a business trip so I was still alone before surgery. I started talking to him about the resurrection of the saints and was babbling I think. He was such a dear man that I hope I didn't say something inappropriate. :o I will never know.

Well gals, the laundry is done and I need to get it into the dryer and spray the house with lysol. The lady next door is cooking her UCK again and my house smells.

Faye

QuilterInVA 03-26-2009 10:24 AM

Good morning, ladies! The rain has begun (predicted for the next 4 days) but it has warmed up to the 60s so I'm okay with that.

Faye, I had a PM from Satine (Carri) from our old group! Apparently she reads our thread. People at work are actually pretty protective of me when it comes to passing germs. One of our men's wife has Scoloderma and gets sick very easily as well. We have sick days so if you come in sick, you are asked to go home. I keep disinfectant spray and Clorox wipes here, too. So far, knock on wood, I've made it through the winter without a cold, the flue, or bronchitis and I hope to keep it that way.

Well, time to get busy so I have to go!

Maggie 03-26-2009 03:27 PM

Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:

I am so ~ just ugh! I spent awhile posting and then it went “poof”. I am only upset with myself because that happens on a regular basis these days and I should have saved it and then pasted it like I am doing now. Sometimes I just say “forget it!” And come back another time.

I have been doing my glass works and having a good time at it. I do like doing it especially if I am doing a “project.” I have the first 6 houses of 9 built and 3 outhouses which turned out oh so cute. ;) Next three will be Victorian style and tall with a little gazebo that matches. I will surely get them all finished before my Thanksgiving deadline. I will have plenty of time to do what I want for Christmas presents. I do like being organized. I need to place an order for some of the items I need to finish up this order. I only have on hand now one light cord assembly and will need two more to finish up. Each house has an individual light fixture in them. The outhouse and the gazebo are too small to be lighted in this manner. When I had my display in the fair I had the houses on a board that had little holes drilled under each building where little lights were installed so every building big or small was lit up. I used a string of those tiny Christmas lights for that display. The weather folks say we will be getting 6 inches of snow this weekend. WOW a Spring storm ~ but we do need moisture. Just don’t need folks driving crazy on the frozen roads.

SUSAN It is so nice that the folks in your workplace are protective.:) Gotta tell you a story about Celexa ~ I was being given Celebrex for my arthritic knee before the doc wrote out a prescription to make sure it worked for me. Once when I went in the nurse gave me what I thought was the same stuff only from a different vendor so I took it for a week. When I went back to the doc he asked what I had been taking and I showed him and he hit the roof and told me what it was for and I certainly didn’t need it. I laughed and said “My knee hurt but I didn’t care.” :o I won’t tell you what he told that nurse. Tell your friend she will be welcome to post here with us.

DONNA I quit having birthdays ~ can’t count that high anymore. Little boys sure do like those “big boy” underpants don’t they. Bless their hearts. They do grow up so quick. It is neat that you go to the school and work.:carrot:

JEAN Cold and windy it is there. I do have a memory of it for once when we were in your neighborhood in a jeep with a soft top that very wind ate it. Cracked all the plastic windows.:( That was the coldest trip we ever made there.

Well folks I am off to cut out a pattern for some Victorian houses. I have sourdough starter out on the counter to get room temp so I can make a loaf of bread later this day. Will is manning the phones till 5 pm this day at the cancer hot line place so ole Ragg Mopp and I are home alone. Ragg Mopp is out back right now and being very quiet. Ummm guess I better go see what is up with him.

Type at y’all later. :wave: