3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias -- #14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/166159-steel-magnolias-14-a.html)

QuilterInVA 03-10-2009 12:07 PM

Good morning, ladies! It's only 45 today, too darn cold! It's supposed to be back in the 70s tomorrow.

I guess I forgot to post yesterday. I thought I did. Nothing important to tell you anyway.

Jean, I'll keep the countdown with you. Do you still have snow days left or do you have to make up days?

Faye, :bravo: on getting through yesterday. You've got some good reasons to lose weight - Thomas and Jackson. It will get easier as you get used to your program.

Maggie, 2 pounds off! Way to go! :goodvibes::encore: Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Last night was Bible Study - Macabees 1 and 2, these are 2 books removed from the protestant bible by Martin Luther. I don't know why except they have some hard concepts that wouldn't be popular.

Tonight is quilt guild, tomorrow night is one of my quilting bees, Friday is day chapter meeting (more quilting) and Saturday I am going to a quilt show with 2 of my friends.

Have a good day.

Jean 03-10-2009 10:41 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! The wind is blowing like crazy outside and the wind chill is -6 right now. We got up to freezing drizzle but no late start for us! Schools around us started late and/or got out early, but we stayed all day. At the end of the day the asst. principal announced that it was very slippery and to be very careful driving. He also said the staff could leave at the same time as the students . . . like we all want to play bumper cars with those unlicensed, uninsured idiots. :no: The reading teacher that I spent last semester with got her pink slip and she is going to fight it. She wants me to be a witness on her behalf. I'm happy to do it (and would like to add my general opinion on the lack of administrative support) because I don't have a thing to lose at this point. I'm not sure what to expect so will have to do some investigating on my own. That will probably be my excitement for second semester! ;)

"Gma" -- I hope you had a restful nap. I hate those sleepless nights so feel for you! :yes: Sometimes you just have to take the weight loss journey one hour at a time. I'm proud of you for not binging!

Maggie -- Congrats on the 2# loss last night! :cheer: Have a nice trip and enjoy your friends! Does Ragg Mopp get to go along?

Susan -- So far we have to make up one snow day. If we have a late start or an early dismissal the IAs are short on the hours for the week. I personally don't care, but some of them count on a full week. Enjoy your quilting evenings! :D

Guess I will figure out what to wear tomorrow that is warm! We got a dusting of snow on top of the ice and the wind is supposed to blow all night long. Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Jean -- :brr: in Iowa!

QuilterInVA 03-11-2009 10:51 AM

Please join us on Steel Magnolias #15.