Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #16  

Good afternoon, ladies! 35 degrees today and into the 70s by Saturday. Like I said, Virginia in the Spring....

Tomorrow my week starts over (I started on Thursday because that's when January 1 was and it seemed like a good idea) and I'm getting on the wagon again. I can't keep on like this. Friday I can go to my favorite meeting. I like that instructor a lot so even though the meeting is farther, I think I'll do better. Maybe I just need a change of scenery. Whatever, I'm ready to get back on target. I'm thinking for a week I'll stay on Simply Filling but track calories on My Daily Plate just to see where I'm at. I'll use the Core menus in the Week One book from the previous plan. I have all the food already in the pantry, fridge and freezer.

Faye, you'll love Trader Joe's if you get one in your area. I find it cheaper than the Whole Foods I've been to (none near me so don't get there often). I love Trader Joe's frozen pineapple, blueberries, mango, raspberries and mixed berries. They also have a couple of crustless quiche that are a good size for 4 points each. I love Greek style yogurt and get the plain by the quart.

Maggie, glad everything went the way you thought it would with your test.

Jean, just keep counting those days down! What fun planning a Hawaiian getaway. And how much nicer it will be since you don't have to go back to school when it's over!

Have a good Wednesday!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It is a nice day -- sunny and 52 degrees! The streets are wet, but who cares?! I just know we will have one or two more "snows" before spring is here. Some students are planning a walk-out for Friday to support one of the Asian students who refused to take the ELDA test last week. Evidently it is the law and she is breaking the law. but they don't see it that way. She was born in the U. S. and her family all speak English although the native language is not English. She has been in detention all week, is off the track team, and was a finalist in the DECA competition in CA coming up. Bob went to Nebraska to look at a tractor today . . . a bigger and better one than any he has. He thinks he has a buyer for one of his so the count will remain at three.

"Gma" -- I wish bakeries would sell individual pieces of pie and cake. I hate buying the whole thing because we don't enjoy it after the first piece and it goes to waste. Have fun with your new yarn project!

Susan -- I can hardly believe we were warmer than you were today. I admire you for being so organized about your food plan. I wish I could find some much needed motivation to get going again.

Maggie -- I know exactly what you mean!!!!!

I have to round up some magazines to take to MIL and unload the dishwasher. Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow. Time is flying by!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #18  

Good morning! It is going to be gorgeous, gorgeous today. I think it will be a definite sunroof day today if it doesn't rain.

FYI: We have to turn the clocks forward on Saturday night again.

Susan: I did get some gorgeous fresh fruit at whole foods the other day. I have always been a fruit lover. I actually would prefer it over desserts if it is ripe. I grew up with a mother and grandparents who canned, a lot, and we did pretty much all fruits available. We did veggies too and I have to say, as a kid I wasn't thrilled with my summer being messed up having to snap beans, shell peas, peel scalded tomatoes, cap strawberries, etc. I do have to say I am glad I was introduced to both so that I would eat them though. I am a definite berry addict. My favorites are raspberries but I pretty much like all berries.

Jean: What is the ELDA test that she would object so much? All our snow is now gone and we are going to have 70 degree temps starting today for the next few days. I am so ready for spring so I can go back to wearing sandals all the time. Some men collect tractors, some computers... Always wanting the next best one! Jack now wants to buy me a new laptop to replace this computer. I have used up the memory and such so it is sluggish, but it works perfectly. I do think when we buy a new one I will get a laptop though I am not thrilled with a laptop keyboard. My son says it won't take long to get used to using one all the time.

I have my first placemat about 3/4 of the way done. I have to make 2 of each color pattern so it is a long haul, but it is just garter stitch so they go pretty fast. I have to cut 400 pieces of yarn for the fringes though and am not looking forward to that. It will take me forever to cut, put the colors together then put them on the placemats, but it just makes them look lots better to have fringes.

Well gals, I have clinic later this morning so I need to get my chores done. Have a great Thursday all!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday In The Heartland

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here in the heartland. Warming up and feels like springtime but we all know there is some more of winter facing us. I am not having much ambition this day. I do plan on staying OP again this day though. Got to keep my ducks in a row. The termite inspector was here today and gave this house and the church building a clean bill of health. It is a good thing they are contracted to do it so if ever one of the little critters does show up they can take care of the sutiation quickly.

JEAN Aren't the streets always prettier when they are wet! Notice in movies when they have street shots they have been watered down. Sounds to me that gal has some problems that need to be addressed that don't meet the eye. Something is going on with her that needs to be addressed. Do you have a caring school counselor? If you only want one piece of pie you can stop by a restaurant and have them box it up and take it home to enjoy. We do that when we don't want the rest of a pie in the house. Most of the time we will split the piece of pie and it does the trick.

DONNA You do realize that the price of fruits and veggies will be going up drastically don't you since CA produces the vast majority of them and they aren't growing now because of the tight regulations that the special interests have slaped on them. Too bad there aren't enough regular folks to out vote those whackos. We are planning our garden and pricing berry bushes. Will surprised me with the cutest little pot to grow parsley, green onions and other herbs in. It came with a bag of potting soil and packets of seeds. I will find a nice sunny spot in the house to set it. That is something I can do today and locate my mister, wonder where it got to. Seems like clocks are being changed earlier this year.

Every one have a lovely afternoon. Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 03-05-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote