Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

ow
Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #242  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Can someone come over and kick my a$$ into gear?

I'm dragging out the journal again. Writing thoughts down sounds so easy, huh? Not. All of this thinking about why I want to overeat and why I shouldn't, etc, etc, is really hard work. Why can't I be addicted to something fun....like bike riding, surfing, belly dancing?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #243  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
1500 cals/day
I've been thinking for MONTHS that you probably weren't eating enough. I am sure others will agree.

60 oz H2O
I would shrivel up and die on only 60 oz of H2O. Seriously. If I don't drink at least 80 I feel like crap.

I am anxious to see where I will be in four weeks. I'm excited to see how you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Amazingly, this is Day 16 of this cold!!!! KILL ME NOW!
I would be ready to shoot myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

I'm dragging out the journal again. Writing thoughts down sounds so easy, huh? Not. All of this thinking about why I want to overeat and why I shouldn't, etc, etc, is really hard work. Why can't I be addicted to something fun....like bike riding, surfing, belly dancing?
You aren't the only one struggling Rhonda. I was doing great so far this year. I like to blame things on the computer dying and not being able to track accurately. That isn't acceptable. There has been no reason for my eating to have went down the tubes the way that it has these last two weeks.

I binged today on a bag of caramel, butter, cheddar popcorn. Today was boredom. I forgot my crochet stuff and it is way to easy to eat while reading in the van.

The only good part about today was I got a small container of some greek pasta salad from the deli. Penne pasta, olive oil, vinegar, onion, black olives and feta cheese. It was delicious and despite my deep sated hatred for black olives I did not pick out a single one. Imagine that. I ate olives and have not died. Like mushrooms they probably won't ever become a favorite but I have realized I don't have to be afraid of them.

Tomorrow we are having pizza for dinner. I was going to do homemade but have decided to make the Kashi veggie one I bought. It has artichoke hearts on it so there is another new food I am trying for the first time. I don't keel over dead for all these new foods.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 AM   #244  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Well F and S! (Rhymes with muck and truck) I lightly sprained my right ankle yesterday walking downtown!!! Stupid petition-gathering people were chasing me and annoying me and would NOT take "NO" for an answer when I was dashing up the sidewalk, late for a meeting. I quit paying attention for just one second and bam! Ankle twisted hard.

I popped arnica pellets IMMEDIATELY and got ice on it so I can actually still walk and I'm in so-so shape, but the sprain has popped out along the the top and side of my right foot and is black and blueish now. Darn, darn, darn! This is my lifelong curse! I cannot tell you how many times I have sprained this ankle. Gah! (And left ankle is even worse historically, but I've also broken that one (on top of many sprains) and had surgery to remove the resultant bone chips, etc). I am not sure what this current mishap means for me, I'll have to wait a few days to see how bad it really is and how long it might take for this to heal.

For Anna:

Ow!

So, I found this alternate routine you might want to consider sharing with your trainer:

Potato Sack exercise for improved strength and fitness

I have just come across this exercise, suggested to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seemed so easy, and I just know you have a pantry full of potatoes, so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato sacks.

Then 50lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(As I write this I have to admit that I'm at this level)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

Last edited by Manick; 03-31-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #245  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

*snicker*

Okay. I have TDP open and ready. I'll be tracking everything from now on....the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #246  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Getting up early this week (so far) to workout - FAIL. I am trying so hard but it is not happening. So, I'll be working out in the evening. I am doing fine food wise but struggling a bit workout wise. I am trying to be consistent but somehow I can't manage past 1-2 weeks. Also, I am not getting enough sleep I believe. I need to force myself to go to bed around 10 but I think the weekend screwed me up. Need some sleep inducing non habit forming safe drugs. Anybody got any ideas??

Jo, I hope you feel better soon. I would be ready to kill myself too by now. Oh, the other day, when I went to the grocery store I saw a Brushetta Boca burger and I thought here's a solution or compromise for you Jo . Unfortunately, it wasn't vegan. BTW is your hubby back?

Manick, I hope your ankle gets better soon. Are you sleeping better now?

Rhonda, you can do it! Plan and execute. One day at a time and you can achieve your goal. Like Nike says "Just Do It!"

Billie, trying new food is fun and exciting sometimes . I've had artichoke hearts only at restaurants. It's good. Hope you're back on track.

Anna, you will feel the pain but it will get better as your body adjusts. I have to agree with Billie, I also thought you were not eating enough. Do share trainer tips or any information with us. I'm sure we're all interested.

Last edited by pintobean; 03-31-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #247  
Accepting who she is

Ugh. I did not get up to go to the gym this morning. Meara twitched from 3 AM until she woke. I put a pillow between us so that I could still feel a seizure if she had one, but not every little twitch. What did she do? go perpendicular so that her twitchy little feet were still on me.

Every twitch she makes is like an adrenaline load for me. It seemed to have a cumulative effect. By 6 AM, I was exhausted, but jittery. Like a caffeine hangover.

So, now they have to go to the kid room at the gym. I hate it. They don't love it, but it is only 1/2 an hour.

Also, I got pistachios yesterday. I love love love them. And this morning I read that they are at risk for salmonella. bummer.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #248  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Only you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Well F and S! (Rhymes with muck and truck) I lightly sprained my right ankle yesterday walking downtown!!! Stupid petition-gathering people were chasing me and annoying me and would NOT take "NO" for an answer when I was dashing up the sidewalk, late for a meeting. I quit paying attention for just one second and bam! Ankle twisted hard.
That is sucktastic. I am so sorry. I am an expert ankle taper, and I would come stabilize it if I could.

Next time, just sign the freaking petition!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM   #249  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Anna I need to get a trainer but my budget doesn't allow for it right now. Maybe over the summer. I'm jealous but not of your pain. Hope you get a nap today.

Manick - I hate pushy people and would have taken one down with me in spite.

I'm starting to track calories again finally after about a month off. I was being super anal - weighing every single thing that crossed my lips but I'm going to be a bit looser with it this time. The thought of weighing and tracking every single thing seems about as likely as me running a marathon this weekend so going with the guestimate method for now and will have a slightly lower calorie goal to make up for human error in estimates.

Workouts start tomorrow (I have errands and cleaning to finish tonight). Meal planning will resume.... when I'm ready to think that far ahead.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #250  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Anna I need to get a trainer but my budget doesn't allow for it right now.

This is a special offer. I plan to save to do it twice a year.

being super anal
*snicker* I am in junior high
ow
Old 03-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #251  

Anna I love when you act like a 13 year old.

Emailed the YMCA provided nutrionist to see if she's familiar with vegan diets. My HDL levels could be slightly higher - I'm certainly not concerned but I figure what the ****, couldn't hurt to have someone look over what I scarf down. I know more then the average bear about nutrition but plenty for me to still learn also. I will not be going however if she's going to push fish oil crap down my throat. We'll see, fingers crossed.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #252  
Accepting who she is

Kind of pussed out on the work out today. Forgot the ibuprofen, so I went down in weight on one of the exercises. Also did not "grip" the stability ball with my butt as much as I could have. I am sore.

In other news, my food was spot-on.

Last edited by onthetee; 03-31-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #253  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
*snicker*

Okay. I have TDP open and ready. I'll be tracking everything from now on....the good, the bad and the ugly.
I had way to much ugly again today. I was craving meat. I used to a lot about 15 years ago whenever TOM was ready to show up. I caved. That is 3 times this year I have eaten meat. Two of those have been in the last 5 days. I really wish it would have made me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post

Billie, trying new food is fun and exciting sometimes . I've had artichoke hearts only at restaurants. It's good. Hope you're back on track.
I didn't really notice anything odd about my veggie pizza. It was the Kashi roasted veggie one. I *might* attempt to buy some next time I make a major grocery trip. I am hoping to put that off for a while though. I was looking at the end of the month budget and I spent about $150 to much on groceries for March. Obviously there is food in the house we need to eat. The only purchases I should have to make for the next two weeks are milk, maybe some bread and some fresh produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post

Emailed the YMCA provided nutrionist to see if she's familiar with vegan diets.
I go in for my annual in two weeks. My doc if veg*an so I know I won't have any problems. He's been after me to give stuff up for years.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 03-31-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #254  

Ate too much last night. Was fine until 9:30 then came ice cream, soda and 2nd dinner. Bah.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #255  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

yes... bah to 2nd dinners. My only goal for today, other than staying op, is NO FOOD after 8pm. yes, no food after 8pm.

anna, I think we all love pubescent humor. Once, I read this article on why kids love potty humor so much. essentially, because it's funny!! another reason why primates get such a kick out of throwing poop. they think it's funny! sooooo, ground rules... wait no need, can't throw cyberpoop!

hi chicks!
Closed Thread