3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #69 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/161349-back-kindergarten-69-a.html)

suetalks 01-19-2009 09:23 PM

Okay, I lost a big post AGAIN.

Bachelor surprises! Fun show.

Tammy, SO sorry for your illness. Is it true nurses make bad patients? Haha... Feel better fast!

Speaking of hospitals. I took mom to the ER today and she ended up being admitted. I just left her earlier cause she was needing to sleep. I will go back early in the a.m.
I basically got concerned because she was not keeping things down..even her heart meds. So the thought of dehydration and heart problems were my main fear. Good that I did take her since she had a rapid heart beat in the ER and had to be medicated. Whew! Glad it didn't happen at home. Anyway...I won't try to write all I did on the lost post...but just wanted to let you know what was up with us here.

I will check in tomorrow...

tommysgirl18 01-19-2009 11:37 PM

I am back......

the kids appointment went well. the doctor said that it isn't anything serious, but just like a cold/flu/virus kind of thing. we are to give them breathing treatments when their breathing gets bad. but they both got prescriptions for a decongestant/antihistamine/cough suppressant all in one. we mentioned to the doctor that we think that Logan is ADHD and he asked us why we thought it. so we told him, and after what we told him, he said "well, I am not going to diagnose him now, but we will keep an eye on him." so it was nice to NOT be dismissed again like we have in the past.

Brandon's teacher called us today....she said that she was going to shot me an email but thought that it would be too confusing, so she thought it would be easier to call. She said that she was looking at Brandon's papers in regards to his IEP and his testing for school. She said that we will need to do a new IEP by February 21st....BUT she had an idea of us signing a paper for a request to extend his current IEP for 30 days. And the only way to do that (get the extension) would be because of testing. So, she is going to send a paper home for us to sign to get that going. Then we will have to schedule an IEP for the week of March 30th to April 3rd. The testing that will be done will have to do with seeing if we should keep him in his class now or if he can move on to kindergarten.

And when his teacher called, I was in the bathroom giving Brandon a hair cut. He went into the bathroom and locked the turn.....when I opened the door, he had a mohawk strip down the middle of his head because I had forgotten to put the clipper set back in the closet! So, he had to get a hair cut.

oh yeah, then to top it all off we went to Walmart to get their scripts filled. For some reason the insurance would cover Marissa's, but not Brandon's. So, it was going to cost us $70 to get his. Tommy picked up Marissa's and then we took Brandon's to Kroger. The pharmacist then noticed that the script they wrote for Brandon wasn't going to work for him, so he called the doctor and the doctor changed his medicine. Brandon's medicine may cause drowsiness and dizziness, so he can't take it before going to school.

Shopaholic1204 01-19-2009 11:59 PM

Tammy~ FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan~I have that book. I HATED it!! Her "skinny" friend was sooooooooooooo annoying. I skipped ahead and read the ending, and it just made me sooooo mad, I threw it across the room, lol.

wildthing 01-20-2009 01:29 PM

Hey ladies! I have to go to work soon so indys will have to wait. I was just popping in for a quick hello. i have something kinda cool to show yall. Its the pound for pound challenge that the biggest looser and subway is doing. You pledge a certain amount of pounds. they give 10 cents for every pound so needy families can have food. It ends may 5. I will send you the link later. I am really excited. It gives me a short term goal to work for!!!

Mom2Gaby 01-20-2009 01:36 PM

Hugs to all the sickies (said in a nice way - lol) and all the family members too!! Hope everyone is hanging in there and get to feeling better soon!

Cristina - Thank- you so much for the card! It was sitting in my mailbox when I got home! Sweet of you.

Katy - omg- 92 carb count. I could eat 92 carbs alone for breakfast. haha. Good for you!! I was meaning to ask how do you count the carbs with no labels?? You have a list or something?:dizzy: Yes, dear. I know there are advantages to sitting on a washer during spin cycle but when my ex sits there watching me it just feels.....eewwwww, icky. lol So, I will take my roll of quarters and head to the laundromat!! hehe

Francie - There was another book you didn't like either, what was that one?? Jennifer Wieners book? I forget. I like Conversations so far...course I am not too into it to be annoyed yet....give me a few more chapters. :D

The Bachelor!!! *note to self - Gaby CAN NOT sleep on the way home when we stay in Portland until Monday!*

That girl would not sleep at 7:30 for me.

Usually she is out cold within 10 minutes but not last night.
Finally at 8:30 I said "fine, get up and come and watch the Bachelor with me....."
So, she trailed downstairs and we watched and ate Healthy Pop kettle corn and watched the insanity of a bunch of girls chasing Jason. Granted he is a handsome man but not worth all the goofiness of behaving like these ladies do.
Did Stephanie actually tell Jason she thinks she can actually love again?? What?? On her first 1 on 1 w/ him??? Whatever.
I got tired of looking at Nikki's boobs......and trust me they were RIGHT THERE for the longest time. She is like way into Jason, he needs to get rid of her.
Thank god Ericia left! And I think she took all the wine with her.....and headed for rehab. I am not being mean.....she drank the most.
Sorry Natalie, I don't think you are ALL THAT....but the jewlery being taken off of you on the end of the date as you were sent home was just mean!! lol

anyway, this show I liked Shannon and Jillian. Chris Harrison is a weasel....can't stand him.

It was very classy the show cut to commercial as Shannon threw up in the bathroom and you hear the toilet flushing. This is a top notch show!! :carrot:

By the end of it Gab was sooooooo ready to go to bed. lol

anyway, off to work. Hope you all have a good day.

Shopaholic1204 01-20-2009 01:44 PM

Oh ya..that one book. I cannot remember what its called. The sequel to Good in Bed, right?

FrouFrou 01-20-2009 01:49 PM

Hello :wave:

MINDEE...glad it wasn't anything serious, hope the kids are feeling better today. Yikes to the $70...medicines are so expensive now days!

FRANCIE...you sound like my daughter! Lol...a lot of times she just can't wait and reads the end of the book first, wtf?! :lol: I have read some books before that annoyed me though...didn't skip to the back, just didn't finish!

SUE...hugs to your mom, hope all is okay and she feels better soon. Gald you guys took her to the ER. :hug: I hate when I lose a post, ugh, such a pain.

TAMMY...good grief woman! So sorry to hear about that, hope you feel better soon! Hugs to you! :hug:

SUSAN...cracked me up about the washer, lol. Yeah, Josh is impatient like his momma, lol. I don't think I am as bad as him though. Chili and cornbread sound so good right now. How was the Bachelor?

KATY...hope you enjoyed the Bachelor. Good job on the carbs! :carrot:

ASIA...I like that challenge...will have to go look it up and see what it is all about. I watch BL but don't remember seeing anything about it.

HIYA KATHY, hoping all is well with you, and SASSY too!

Okay, I spent too long with this post...in between answering the phone and yaking and talking with Cambrie it has taken a hour or longer, geez. Need to end it and go get her some lunch and put her down for a nap. Then go get some exercise done. the plan is to go for a walk when she wakes up but I am afraid it might be a little chilly with the wind blowing so we will see. Then need to get this house cleaned. Had a call for a showing this evening which messes up dinner...6:30-7:30, ugh. Have to do it though we want this sold. Haven't had anyone look at it since before Christmas, thinking the beginning of Dec or it may have been before Thanksgiving...who knows. Okay, I will back back later this tonight.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a good day! :hug:

FrouFrou 01-20-2009 01:50 PM

HIYA SUSAN and FRANCIE :wave: You ladies snuck in there while I was trying to break a record for taking the longest time ever for a short post, lol. Chat later...

Shopaholic1204 01-20-2009 01:53 PM

Cristina~LOL!!! I got it from When Harry Met Sally. When Harry said that he always reads the end of the book first, because in case he dies, he knows how it ends. LMAO!! I dont do it for that reason. I just have to know that it ends well, LOL!!!

jules1216 01-20-2009 07:28 PM

Quick hi to everyone--we got home late and I need to get a few things done before bedtime!! Rough day at work....

FrouFrou 01-20-2009 09:04 PM

Too funny Francie! She (DD) will also go online to see how a movie ends before she sees it, lmao! You girls! Hoping all is well with you! :hug:

Jules...sorry you had a rough day at work and got home late too! :hug: Hope you get some rest/sleep tonight.

HIya everyone else :wave:

Nothing going on..got on the computer to look at stuff but forgot what it was, lol...what can I say, I am pooped!

Susan...you are welcome for the card!

Asia...just saw them mention the challenge on BL...going to go to their website and check it out.

Ernie dog is better with each passing day. yesterday when we brought him home he was all swollen and had only a little bit to eat in the last 2 days. The swelling has gone down considerably and he is eating...actually starving! Okay...I am outta here...nighty, night ladies!

Oh, Mindee...I didn't take that the wrong way...I am easily confused, lmao! Meant to say that a few days ago and kept forgetting. *slaps forehead*

Have a good one all!

tommysgirl18 01-20-2009 09:40 PM

just me popping in......

well, it was a great day today......although Logan had some rough moments after Tommy left. but we are going to be getting to the bottom of it all soon!

the kids are all asleep, and hopefully on the road to recovery. Logan got up with a runny nose, so I am sure that he is getting what the other two have. My throat is a little scratchy so I am sure that I am getting what they have. So, we all have to stay away from Tommy so that he doesn't get sick!

I am off to get some warm socks on, and to go looking for more houses that spark my interest!

wildthing 01-20-2009 10:18 PM

Hey I am here for my idys. I got to watch the biggest looser tonight. I was very surprised. I think I am gonna start watching it regularly. I love that show. I may make it my weigh in day too. Have a biggest looser party every week. Anyways I joined the pound for pound challenge and my goal is to weigh 163ish. That will be 17 pounds. That means that 17 pounds of food will be donated to needy families. If you loose more than they will still give. That is just how much I pledged. If I loose less than they will give what I loose. Just type in pound for pound challenge in your search engine and join. Its a really good cause. I am really excited!!!

Cristina- Who is ernie dog? Is he a pet or a person?

Mindee- Sick families are no fun. I hope everything gets better soon.

Well I am off ladies!!! I am gonna go watch tv with the boyfriend. Ciao!

suetalks 01-20-2009 10:34 PM

Quickly...Mom didn't get to come home today. She is doing better and may come home after some lab work tomorrow.

I came home tonight and did her laundry, cleaned her bedroom and bath last night...with clorox wipes to kill any flu bug.

I am so tired....will be back tomorrow.

luckycharm 01-21-2009 12:26 AM

hi ladies.
I don't know where the time goes in a day, these last few days.

I am on my way to bed, but thought I would give everyone a big :hug: Well SusieQ, I don't think I would want anyone to see me sitting on a spinning washing machine either. ;) BUT thats because a whole lot of jiggiling would be going on. I'd have my boobs bonking me on the chin. :rofl:

;)Goodnight ladies