Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #76  
ugggg.....

For Francie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GtTO...eature=related

here's another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goH5O...eature=related

Last edited by jules1216; 01-18-2009 at 09:54 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #77  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies. We got home late last night, so bedtime was after 2 a.m. I slept like a baby in my own bed, and stayed in bed late. It was sooo cold here after Vegas. I am still not warm.

Tackled Mt. Washmore part of the day, then fixed fried chicken for our last hurrah dinner. Yes, we are starting over...again. We did not do well on the trip. Walking might have been all that saved me from ballooning. That and we ate only two meals a day...just not the right foods. Back to dinner, I didn't go for groceries, so had to fix what chicken I had. DH wanted fried and I just pulled off the skin and crunchy good stuuf from mine.
My eye is worse and I am having a hard time reading or computering. Took me all day, off and on, to catch up on what had been written here. Guess I will have to go to the Dr....ugh.

Mom got sick last night after we got home and has been sick today. Not sure if she just got worn out or if she picked up a "bug." She certainly had a good time up until we got home. Today, not so good...she slept most of the day and did let me brew her tea twice and ate the toast I made for her. Hopefully tomorrow she will be ready to eat real food.

Vegas was beautifully warm and sunny. We had fun, although we didn't bring tons of money home. We never expect to win loads, just like to stay near even. LOL..like that works. We didn't even look at condos this time. Plan to go back in a month or so.

Won't get to indies..but I do want to say to Cristina that I am glad to read the good news about Ernie. And Mindee, thank goodness Tommy had the surgery and all went well. Jules, I am still thinking good thoughts for your mom. She sounds like a wonderful lady. And yay on Teri going back to school and ya'll buying a mobile home for her and Dominic to live in.
Okay, since I went that far...Sassy, Hope the rental home does come through for you. Asia...Welcome back and way to go on the loss already. Tammy and Cristina- Congrats on the new babies coming your way for grandma kisses. Susan- Hi chickie and put down the carving knife...you do not need carved on and I am afraid of what you would do to the annoying man. Kathy-You are doing a wonderful job on the treadmill. I think any movement is good movement...so you go girl. Francie- Good luck at the fertility Dr. and Katy- Hope you get answers for you probs..and great news that the tests came back ok. Oh, hope DH has a good time..I will look for his group.

I missed someone didn't I? My head is spinning. I don't mean to overlook anyone.

Have a good Monday..and don't work too hard.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #78  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Thank you for the congrats ladies!!! I had a really good day. I did workout even though i was going to have an off day. Well later in the week I work several early shifts. I wanted to save my day off for one of the days that I cant get myself out of bed. I am making my meat and beans for my lunches this week. I really need to go. I will talk to you ladies later!!!!
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #79  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop back in while I had the chance.....

we are still watching the kids and their coughs. I will be calling the pediatrician's office in the morning. one of us will also be calling the office to have them come look at our garbage disposal. it stopped working and Tommy thought that he was going to look at it, I quickly told him that he was NOT touching it and that we were calling the office in the morning.

Asia~ What kind of plan are you doing? I kept reading about meat and beans, and I was just curious.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #80  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Monday morning, ladies!

Just a quick HI for now. Waiting for a call about Ernie dog...need to go get him today. Also, have both Chase and Cambrie...they spent the night and already driving me nuts, lol. And...to top it off J & C's washer and dryer both quit on them so they brought a crap load of laundry yesterday and guess who got to finish it? Lol...I told them if they wanted they could do some...just didn't think I would have to do most of it and didn't think they had 6 freakin loads, lol!!! Then once I finish theirs I have my own to do! So going to be a busy day for sure. Plus WW this evening. I hate to go but I missed last week so...gotta take the good with the bad...still at 182, 182.8 to be exact. Oh well...I am back on track today and getting a grip so...I WILL have a loss come next WI...gotta make that Valentine goal! Anyway...I'll be back later.

FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #81  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone

Just popping in really quickly to say hi. I am now off to walk on the treadmill. Talk to you all in a little bit. BTW - Shania Twains diet consists of brown rice and beans. She looks pretty darn good.

BBL
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #82  
kitty Momo

wow, Cristina.....that is one happy frog, cute!

Sue- yay, you are back! Maybe you can print the post off and read them on paper?? Would that help? I am glad you enjoyed Vegas and the warm weather, lucky you! Hugs to your mom, I hope she starts to feel better.

Kathy - I like the idea of beans but my brown rice always turns out gummy, not fluffy like I want it.......mmmm, that is why I like sticky rice w/ soy sauce. anyway, if anyone has a good recipe for brown rice let me know! Come back and chat, hope you had a good weekend

Jules - I wish you would adopt me, I want to live on your property and go to school too! You are such a nice mom. Course we are almost the same age, so that would be freaky, huh?? lol How is WW going?

Cristina - Steer em to the laundromat! lol I kind of liked going there and getting all the laundry done at once....course it can cost a lot. Hope Ernie makes it home ok

Katy - What about a virus? I know ringworms the doctor said was a virus. I would be surprised if the old gym had mold, I am sure the school district does inspections and such. Just odd that it started when we moved down to the coast and seems to get better when she is away from the school. Hope DH made the trip back east safely and I will look for him in the parade! You know I would see him at the pool when L had lessons.......I would have introduced myself but didn't want to scare him too much. lol

Francie - Have you read Liza Palmer?? She is pretty good author.

Mindee- Hope you have a good Monday and are able to get Brandon into the doctors!

Asia- come back and chat when you get a chance.

to Sassy & Tammy!

anyway, heading home today. Going to the 2nd hand store and looking for jeans. It is senior 40% off day at value village.....the benefit of having an old ex...lol....and ya....I earned this one! haha

Look forward to the Bachelor tonight! Heehaw

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-19-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #83  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing....

Marissa and Brandon have a doctor's appointment at 3:15 this afternoon. Tommy called the office and now the garbage disposal is fixed. Now, we are just waiting on the hospital to call him and check on him, then he will also call his surgeon's office to schedule his two week post op appointment.

just putzing around until time for the appointment......the boys are watching fireman sam right now, and Marissa and Tommy are laying down.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #84  
RosieKate

monday, monday...sing it with me...well, it's WI day for me and today it is 173...slowly I am losing the holiday "layer". I went to step class this a.m. and am feeling pretty good overall. Yesterday's carbs ended up at 120. I may check out South Beach...I've heard the recipes are pretty good...or was that Sonoma? does anybody have any experience with these? I thought SBD just for a few weeks might help me work through the cravings for sugar. I'm no t great at sticking to diets..too much of a rebel, but I am open to guidelines

Susan- I have two tips for brown rice which I have found to work very well. One - don't stir it at all. You can put a spoon in and move some a bit to see if all the liquid is absorbed, but absolutely no stirring. Two - put a dishcloth over the top of the open sauce pan while it is cooling. Did you score at VV? I need to head out there some time soon to freshen up my wardrobe. My friend told me if you take donations you get a great discount.

Mindee- wow you have your hands full today...hope everyone feels better soon!

Sue - welcome back! Hope your mom feels better soon. Glad you had a nice trip.

Cristina- gee you are a nice mom/grandma---laundry and babysitting! I hope they were grateful.....that's alot of laundry. Did Ernie get home ok?

Asia- Hope you are having another good day...your meat and beans sound good.

HI to everyone I missed...yay - Bachelor tonight..who is going to drink too much and get all dramatic tonight, I wonder? Not me, that's for sure, haha. I'm waiting for Deanna to show up, that will be fun, lol! I am saving all my clean laundry in a big pile in my living room, and I'm going to fold it during the Bachelor. Don't I have such an exciting life?

Last edited by RosieKate; 01-19-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #85  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~LOL!!! Thanks for the videos..I loved the first one, hahaha!!!

Sue~Take me to Vegas..I need some Desert air!! LoL!!!

Susan~Never heard of Liza Palmer. What kind of stuff does she write about?

Well..I finally saw my doc today. My bloodwork was great!!! Everything is good. Liver, kidneys, blood sugar level (or whatever its called, lol), iron, b12, thyroid..all was perfecto!!!!!!! YAY!!! I was sooooooooooo nervous, but there was nothing to be nervous about. *whew* LoL!!

Oh ya..I started reading...Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich. It's the newest in between novels!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-19-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #86  
One day at a time

Hiya

KATY...nothing like living on the edge eh? Wish I could get into The Bachelor, treid a couple of them and the women were just too much for me. I've not tried SB or the other. Was tempted to once and even bought the SB book but it wasn't for me. Good job on the 173 and the exercise today! Ernie is home and resting...still in pain I think, poor little puppy dog. I'll be thinking about and looking for your hubby tomorrow!

MINDEE...glad the disposal is fixed and you managed to get an appt for the kids...hope it's not too bad. Hate seeing the little ones sick. How is Tommy doing/feeling? Make sure he takes it easy.

SUSAN...the frog I thought was cute and it looked like the kids this morning, always jumping around! Yeah, I remembered this morning there is a new laudromat about 1 1/2 miles from us...they could have gotten it all done faster than here. Josh was so impatient last night he wouldn't even let the things dry all the way, geez! Not sure where it get's that from, lol. I love rice and beans but I can't eat brown rice unles I mix it with white...so I just eat white, lol. I had a recipe for red beans and rice that was really good! Don't know where it's at since I've not cooked it in years. Hope you find some good deals on some jeans...can't beat 40% off! Ernie dog is home and resting...he wouldn't come up to us at first. I think he was afraid to move...the incision is a lot bigger than I imagined and of course it's all bruised and swollen...looks like they put a tumor in him, lol.

SUE...glad to see ya back missy, and glad you guys had a nice time. Hope you can get in and have your eye checked and, hope your mom is feeling better today. Thank you for the grandma kisses! Charlotte went to the doc Friday and confirmed it and the date they are figuring is Sep 21.

FRANCIE...caught the end of the game and GLAD to see the Cardinals won Maybe they will win the Superbowl!!! And you are right except Ernie isn't furry, lol. He is like a kid to me.

KATHY...sounds like you are having a busy day! Hope you got your walk in...I am needing to get mine in. And I agree...if Shania Twain is eating a rice and beans diet I think I need to follow because she looks GREAT!!! I've not heard much about her since her hubby had the affair, sad.

JULES...for some reason I got Tues in my head, thinking your mom was headed back to the doc then. I can't keep anything straight...been very forgetful lately...very forgetful!

HIYA SASSY, TAMMY & ASIA Hope you ladies are having a good day!

Well, Josh came and picked up the kids. I had just got Cambrie down for a nap and he woke her to take them home. He was out looking for a job with no luck...keeping my fingers crossed he finds something soon. Finally got all their laundry done...I need and want to get another washer and dryer...have always wanted that so I could do all my laundry at once and be done with it. Of course I usually only have two loads a day, lol. Anyway...I am going to hit the treadmill in a few minutes and get something done since the kids are gone.

Ernie is hom and resting. Thinking the pain pill knocks him out...it looks really bad where the incision is and it's driving him nuts! He can barely walk up and down the stairs so we've been carrying him but afraid to hit the stitches...take him back Friday to have the stitches taken out and she (the vet) is hoping we have the results from the tumor so we know what it was that was making him so sick. But so far, so good...

That's about all I have for now...take care ladies, and I hope EVERYONE is having a WONDERFUL Monday! Hugs
Old 01-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #87  
One day at a time

Hiya Francie...glad everything is A-OK! I saw Plum Spooky in the stores and almost bought it but I have a few I am working on getting read right now so passed. Let me know how you like it!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #88  
kitty Momo

I am so tired now, I don't know how I am going to get in the car and drive 100 miles. I wanted to get home in time to wash the car.

*wah*

Francie - I am reading Palmer's Conversations w/ a Fat Girl. I am not that far into it but it is about 2 friends who grew up overweight, funny and all. The other I stopped reading to read this one and it is Seeing Myself Naked. I think she has only written those 2.

Katy - hmmm, ok. I will try the brown rice, can I mix it with white like Cristina??? lol
Why is brown rice better for us? Just curious , cause I want to make it worth my time.
I know. I am so dang lazy. lol
OMG!! Yes, the Bachelor tonight......can't wait.
Sorry I can't help you on different diets but SBD might help w/ your sweet cravings, I guess. See, I don't even know. lol

Crsitina - lol - Josh sounds like my ex. -regarding the patience.
Ex has an old washer that tilts so when it spins you have to sit on it.....*eyes roll* I refused to do that after awhile and got in the habit of going to the laundromat,it just seemed faster and had better machines.
Poor Ernie, sorry he is uncomfortable with his incisions.
Cross fingers for Josh on finding a job!

Chili beans are done here and corn muffins about to come out of the oven, going to eat and head out after lunch. I won't do the salad today. I picked up some kettle healthy pop to munch on w/ the Bach tonight!! I don't have laundry to fold like katy though........awww, you get all the fun Katy!! I guess I can iron my maroon scrubs, have to get ready for work and all......haha.

No luck on the jeans. I did manage to get my butt into a size 4 Gap original boot cut but I needed a regular, the jeans I tried on were too short.And it was way to freaky to wear a size 4......made me breathe fast, like I am an imposter and someone is going to find out. lol
I did find some nice sweaters though! One is spinach green (to remind me to eat my veggies *snicker*) and the other was pink.....hmmm, I think there is another one but can't remember.

anyway- also have to get home in time to pick up salad stuff (again) tonight. I will be rushing in the morning to get Gab to school and back home again to catch some of the swearing in before I have to go to work.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, way tired. Chat Wednesday!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-19-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #89  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just a real quickie!!

I've been hospitalized with pneumonia since this past Friday. I'm on triple IV antibiotics, breathing treatments, IV steriods and not have the poops from all the meds. Feeling slightly better but still don't know when I'll be able to get home. Ok, doc just came in...says that I'm not even 50% better yet and still might have a few more days here. I'm bummed. Just didn't want everyone to think I disappeared. Dh brought his laptop in for me to catch up with my emails and I thought I'd update ya'll on what was going on. Send me healing wishes everyone. Gotta go and try to get a shower.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #90  
RosieKate

Tammy - oh sweetie...how awful! I guess that explains the breathing problems you were having. Big hugs and really hope you get better soon!

Susan - now - ahem- aren't here some advantages to sitting on a spinning washing machine? jk...well maybe not...no really Have a safe trip home.

Francie - so glad to hear all your test came back ok...you are on your way!

Cristina - poor little Ernie dog..hope the docs can figure out what's going on. Hope Josh can find a job soon, that's sure no fun.

Just finished dinner and my carbs came in at 92 for the day...now I just need to stay away from snacks...I'll just drink lots of sleepytime tea...wish me luck

Bachelor countdown...2 hours to go!