Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 01:54 AM   #16  

Ha! Running shoes still untried. I have had both a cold and a pulled back and so this week has been pretty much a wash. I have managed to do some floor exercises and that is it. Food is great though - I am using Fitday to keep track of stuff and that helps me remember what I have eaten and to keep up with the F&V.

Catherine I want to plant lettuce. Eggplant is a fave of mine so just send it up here if you don't know what to do with it! I get paid on Monday so I am going to do another Title 9 sports purchase. Today I purged a lot of my older dowdy stuff - it's like I wore it for years and didn't really look at it. I got a wonderful black tank this month and I think I will get the white one too. They make great stuff.

Absmom - Very 5% of you to not beat yourself up (over the ice cream) but to refresh and renew. If I have only learned one thing from this process is that the only day that matters is TODAY. A lot of my time was 'wasted' so to speak when I thought in terms of TOMORROW (self bargaining, magical thinking). And you can't do anything about yesterday. Today is what matters, every day. I am one who loved being pregnant - it's magical and I felt that earth-mom glow of health. I gained about the same for both but I sure pooched out more with my second one - she was half again the size of the first one though...

Justy - his loss. nuff said. Get your girlfriends together for Thai food and a chick movie. I said upthread that we saw Monsoon Wedding - might be a good breakup wedding. There is a new film set in Alaska "Insomnia" that I am hoping to see this weekend.

So Steph don't tease me! How likely is that trip to Alaska anyway? When I was in portland I was remembering we had a 5%er from there for a while.

I'm looking at the time and realizing I had better get typing or I will pay for it but I'll say one thing. DH and I have agreed to turn up the gas on looking at/pricing houses, and preparing this little one for sale. (Aside: One minute I'm lamenting that this house is a dump, as soon as we say let's sell it I'm hopelessly nostalgic for all its charms...we have been so happy here!) so...nothing is done yet, houses are insanely expensive here. So there is very low end and there are fabulous high-end, midrange stuff is hard to come by and snapped up quickly. Wish me luck and I'll take you up on some of that diva dust Catherine.

Just remembered that moving always causes me to lose weight - exercise! stress! no time to eat!

Juno
Old 06-03-2002, 10:57 AM   #17  

Good morning all!

Well, it was a weekend without the DH - he'll be home on Thursday. Tough one by my standards... DD is really testing me and testing her independence. I tried my best not to fall into her trap, but I must admit that I lost it a few times... I really don't know how to deal with discipline at this point. Spanking is not the answer... She's too young to understand the concept of timeout, so I usually resort to screaming alot and leaving whereever she is making a scene... She's typically a well behaved kid, but I think Disney week really took her off track. I'll be happy to see DH! and have thought about breaking down and paying a babysitter one night to get away... I am trying to take Juno's advice to heart and really make sure to take care of my needs and emotional well being. A few hours in Borders, a latte and a good book sounds just heavenly....

My in-laws are coming for two nights this weekend. They haven't been to see us since we moved to Mass, so I am a little crazy about making sure the house is in order. We have a pretty small house - and with the new baby on its way, we've lost our guest bedroom... I hope they won't make a stink about using our room. I just can't see my MIL sleeping on the aerobed in the livingroom! She's somewhat judgemental & also a little weird about the cats - thinks they should live outdoors, and definately shouldn't be allowed on the furniture... Ours of course have the run of the house.... I have never been her favorite person (I'm not Catholic) so I always seem to struggle through our visits and hope she doesn't say anything to set my DH off... It helps having DD to take the focus off other issues... Anyway, wish us well.

On the exercise / eating front - I made it to the gym just one day, but had a really awesome workout. I also had a surprise from the landscaper --- he wanted to start early so I spent all day Friday moving more than a cord of wood from one side of the yard to the other --- No small feat while watching a two year old and being 6 months pregnant. I made sure to pace myself, drink lots of h20 and finished the job in about 5 hours... I kept telling myself that I was frontierwoman (anyone catch the PBS show?). It was a beautiful day, and I actually felt quite satisfied with myself when the job was finally finished.

I am going for my monthly checkup tomorrow morning. I know I have gained more than a few lbs this month. My stomach all the sudden pooched out and I can feel my back start to curve and compensate for the shifting weight. The baby is moving lots - which helps to remind me of why it is I feel so FAT... I do have to say that I get a lot out of reading everyone's posts... Keeps me grounded... I know I need to stay focused on the here and now... I need to make the most of everyday - even the bad ones... and I need to be thankful and positive. Life is all about change...

I don't know where I am going with this, so I'll end it here... I hope you are feeling better Juno and have managed to christen your new running shoes... Catherine - I planted my garden - finally - Keeping it small, few tomatos, lots of herbs, peas and flowers. I'm keeping it manageable so I don't have to worrry about weeding and harvesting once I'm really prego... JS - hope you're feeling good about yourself and your decisions. Enjoy your singledom!! Steph - Hope you too are well and enjoying your Spring...It's got to be my favorite time of year!!

Happy Monday
Absmom!
Old 06-03-2002, 03:06 PM   #18  

Hi - Just a drop-in from me. I'm trying to get things ready for the wild times that will hit my house when school gets out in 3 days (yes I'm counting down). The youngest one I have this summer is 1 1/2 so it should be a lot of fun especially since two girls I've had since the age of 4 (now in 3rd & 4th grade) are planning on "running" the place and I am just here to supervise. They will both make great teachers! I am looking forward to this summer but am trying to revamp my exercise schedule because I can't do it during nap with all the big kids here. Plus I have 3 weeks of vacation here and there so I'm just going to be good about getting out 5 times per week for a walk or bike ride and then doing strength training 3 times per week with heavy weights. My yoga drops down to mini sessions but summer is short here in MN!

Absmom - I've taken class after class on managing kids and am excellent at it except for my own 4 1/2 year old. He just pushes and pushes every button. He is cute and very smart and the most loving while the most evil...I've screamed, spanked, used all kinds of correction methods endorsed by child-rearing professionals to no avail. My only happiness is that as he gets older I can reason with him more. Hang in there!

JS - Enjoy your singledom for me!! It's too bad but on the other hand you feel good about moving on so that is what counts. He'll realize the great loss and you will move forward to something better!

Juno - Enjoy those new purchases! I've treated myself to much lately but I did enjoy all my gifts Yes and the trip to Alaska is more on than off so just cross your fingers!

Catherine - You save some of that diva dust for yourself and that reunion coming up. I hope you have a great time and you wow the crowd!

I've got to hustle here and get some stuff done. DH has been working 20 hour days for about 9 days now and he just drops in to sleep. I'm holding down the fort. I've got a dog that needs some liver test, my cat needs vaccinations, I planted flowers on my deck (to bad today is gloomy because I would like to be sitting there!), kindergarten graduation, Cassie come back this Sat. for June & July and I am on vacation in two weeks. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!

Later ladies! Steph
Old 06-06-2002, 10:53 PM   #19  

Time to check in again.

Monday I ran/walked for 3.6+ miles. The walking is fine for me, but the running does me in. Tuesday was softball game. I play in left-center so I get some exercise in there. I hit well and was on the bases a lot. I took last night off. I ran tonight for 1.5+ miles but I was TIRED. So I stopped. You know how they say that if you start you'll continue on? That is usually the case, but I couldn't do it tonight. So I listened to my body.

Instead I planted planted planted. Which I swear is more work than anything! I was sweating digging up new perinneal beds and pulling all of those weeds.

Eating has been good. Not much of a change with that. It is so difficult with cooking for two, because if you don't have groceries you just order out!

I am trying to incorporate running into my schedule more and hoping that it does wonders for my thighs. All of this gardening is working for my arms.

How are you all doing? Diva dust to all. (A bit left to spare tonight.)

C
Old 06-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #20  

Default Let's Start a New Thread

I'm going to start a new thread - on breaks from work tonight - so check out the newest in the 5% Saga...

Juno[COLOR=blue]
Closed Thread