Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #66

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #2  

I saw that we were well over 100 posts so I started us a new thread....hope you all don't mind!

Sue~ They never said anything about stones, just sludge. The lady that was across the room from Tommy said that once she had her gall bladder out, they brought her fillet Minot and a baked potato and told her that if she could eat that without any problems, then she could eat anything she wanted. So that is his thinking.......he told me earlier when I told him that every thing that I have read said that he needs to follow a low fat diet once his gall bladder is taken out.....his response to me was "well, every body is different. look at the lady that was at the hospital when I was."

Jules~ I used to use Ask Jeeves all the time. I never did get a chance to go on there earlier, but I will soon.

Francie~ I did notice that you seemed to be lonely while you were WA. But now that you are around friends, you don't seem lonely to at least me anymore. Having friends near you really has a great effect on a person!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick pop-in for now. Was on the computer to sign up for my Monthly pass stuff with WW and thought I would drop by and say Hi-HI

JULES...umm, to say the least, yes dil loves the drama. I had enough yesterday and if they never talk to me again that is their choice. Sorry abotu the coughing, hope you get over that soon. I thought I was coming down with V's cold but it was a short lived cold if it was indeed one. He has had a cold 4 times this season...told him to stay aways from me.

MINDEE...thanks for the new thread.

FRANCIE...you do seem a LOT happier since moving.

HIYA SUE...what's on the menu tonight? It was so cold today I thought I would do a pot of chili, plus I had WW so it would be done when I returned.

Hiya everyone else

Did get my exercise done, my laundry too! Tomorrow I need to mail packages since it is supposed to snow tomorrow evening...was thinking about waiting until Wed...trying to time it right so the packages arrive really close to Christmas, but then I don't want to wait too long and they arrive after, lol. Anyway...heading on over to sign up for my monthly pass on WW and see what I get with all that.

Nighty, night all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- Dinner was fried potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread for DH. I had a spoonful of taters and a bowl of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup. I am not hungry lately. Well, nothing tastes good anyway.

Jules- I love taco salad. Yum. I made a weight watchers crock pot chicken taco the other day. It was so easy and diet friendly. I found it over on WW. 5 or 6 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, 2 cans of black beans, 2 cans of corn (rinse and drain the corn and beans) Throw it all in a crock pot and cook 6 hours or so. Shred the chicken and serve it on tortillas. I used 1/2 of everything and it was plenty for DH and I and leftovers for another meal. DH liked it better on rice, I liked it wrapped in a tortilla.

Francie- I bet you can't wait for Fonzo to open your big gift to him. Sounds like fun. I have to go shop tomorrow for DH and have a few ideas, but nothing exciting. LOL...

I got so much done today...Two loads of laundry, change the beds, ironing, swept all the floors, even used brass polish and buffed the brass bed. That is a job in itself. I just finally felt like doing something.

DH wasn't real forthcoming about how much weight he lost...I think probably 3 or 4 pounds. Of course! I did lose 1..one...uno. Ugh. And I haven't been eating much at all.

Susan, Katy, Kathy, Asia- hope you gals are doing okay. Uh, Kathy, when you do the snow dance DO NOT include my area in that wish..okay? I hate the cold and snow.

Last edited by suetalks; 12-15-2008 at 10:38 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Mindee~When I had my gallbladder taken out, they brought me soup & jello to eat. It sucks having it taken out though. The incision in my belly button hurt the worst!!! And they told me that I had stones. OMG..when they gave me the ultrasound..I was all doped up on meds, and I thought I saw a baby, lol. Then I thought I saw Jesus, and a Coke can, lol.

I was really unhappy in WA. That place was so depressing. I didnt have any friends there. Being friends with Navy wives was like being in high school again. I mean..I still have some great Navy wife friends though, they are totally drama free..Thank God, lol.

Anyhoo..time to watch the news...
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #6  

just thought I would pop back in before I head off to bed.....

Francie~ They told Tommy that it will be done out patient. He will end up with three small holes where they will go in to basically suck it out of him. I said "oh, so then we will have matching belly button scars." He didn't find that one too funny, but I did! (that is where they went in to tie my tubes)

I got some of the kids laundry down, now the rest will get done probably this weekend. I forgot all about the sisterly get together between me and my older sisters and one of my younger sisters this coming Sunday until my mom emailed me to see if it would be okay if my younger sister came down and stayed with us to go over there and then my dad would come back on Monday to get her. Now, I need to figure out what we are going to take! finger foods is what we are doing, and I honestly can't remember if my sister wanted me to email her and let her know what we were bringing!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~I had to stay overnight, cuz they said something was wrong with my heart, and I had to have extra testing (there wasnt anything wrong. It just skips a beat whenever I think of Fonzo ) And ya..that was pretty funny, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 12-16-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #8  

I forgot to mention earlier that I got Brandon's papers from school in his Monday folder yesterday, and at his school, this coming Friday is pajama day....so he can wear his pajamas to school. he can even take his slippers in his back pack. They are suppose to have a surprise visit with Santa on Tuesday......they were supposed to have it on Friday, but for some reason Santa wasn't able to come. Then they are having their Christmas party on Thursday. Thankfully my MIL said that she is able to make it for that, since the time that the party is over with is when Tommy has his appointment.

Francie~ I am hoping that they can get him in and out quickly. I don't think the surgeon is going to make him wait longer then a day....if that! I hope they take a look at him and the ultrasound and say back you go. Or come in tomorrow at such and such a time. Tommy said that he would see if his mom can take him since he probably won't be able to drive home after it is done.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Well I did finally get a few Zzzzz's but not nearly enough! I got up at the very last second and got a quick shower, got dressed and ran out the door. DH brought me to work since they are calling for snow and all........

I applied for more positions at the c.hosp. Hopefully I will hear something soon. DH says that everybody there says to keep applying, it takes time. I am def not patient! lol.

I'm soooooo tired. and I had to take a Mucinex I was coughing so hard my chest just hurts...... Now I'm even sleepier because Mucinex makes me sleepy too, but I had to take it..............I felt awful.

Well only 5.5 hrs to go...........ugh that sounds like sooo long but I do have 7 hrs down..........

I need energy vibes ya'all.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #10  
ugggg.....

Sassy--fingers crossed that you get a new job for the new year to go along with your cute new hair!!! Nice of hubby to take you to work safely!!

Mindee--How fun for Brandon!! Thanks for starting us again!!

Francie--there are flurries outside my window--here's hoping you get some!! Here's a weather map link for you http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mi...ze=2x&ID=LWX19
I work at the skinniest part of Maryland between PA and WV--live just over the WV line. We want blue!! I know you like pink better but that's ice/sleet/yucky stuff.

Cristina--sorry the ds & new wife are being arse's--not fair to you or Cambrie. Hubby tells me I better not give it to him!!

Sue--that recipie sounds good--I would use the tortilla wraps--hubby would probably want rice too!!

Well I REALLY need to get back to work!!

Last edited by jules1216; 12-16-2008 at 02:31 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!!

OMG, gone a few days and you miss so much....gallbladders, parties, hubby's b-day, hyper grandkids, drama DIL, snow dances....my life sounds like a bore. Actually no....when I work 12 hr shifts, all I want to do is crash when I get home. By the time I hit the door at 8:15 p.m., read the mail, shower, iron a uniform for the next day, pack lunch...it's time for maybe an hour of TV and then in bed by 11. I'm off today and tomorrow and running errands and finishing up some little gifts and gift cards. Then I will be done with the exception of some baking. DH is going to NC to pick up his mom this Sat and they will return on Sun so I'll bake cookies and get groceries in the house while he's gone and have some time for myself. StepD will come over Sun-Mon to visit her GM then she's off to visit her Mom's side of the family. I have to work both Christmas eve and day so I'm planning a brunch on the 26th. My dd will be over Christmas day so I'll see her when I get home. DS plans to visit me at the hospital since his wife's family lives only 5 min away (he usually stays there when he visits). DS and his new wife are honeymooning in Disney this week. Well maybe my life is not so boring just too busy.

Mindee--sorry about Tommy's GB. DH read something last night from the newspaper that was commenting about removing GB with a 5cm incision only through the naval. Hospital in Annapolis is doing it. Come on down, I'll put you all up for the week!!

Cristina--Thank you for the Thank you card.

Susan--Thanks for the gift. I'm always looking for a calendar in my office. Usually got something shoved in a drawer, but now can have one sitting out on the desk.

Jules--OMG...it was in the 60's yesterday. 40's for you?? I walked out of the hospital last night with only my scrub jacket on.

Francie--Hey party girl. I'm glad you had a great time. You're gonna have to do the snow dance for a while. We usually don't get any snow till Jan/Feb. Last year we might have had a few inches but it was a really mild winter. We are due for the "big one" soon. Every few years, we are hit pretty hard. Had blizzards in 96, 2000. Major snow in 03, didn't call it a blizzard but had at least 12-14". I bought my house that year and couldn't see the yard or bushes but bid on it anyway. I think we are due this year for the Francie Blizzard!!

I'll try to get back today and tomorrow. Gotta get dressed and run to Wally World, Hallmark and Kohls. I usually give my neighbors cookie platters but I am only making about 4 kinds so I'm doing Coconut pound cakes and need to get some ingredients and disposable loaf pans.

Oh, I'll be so glad to get through these holidays and back on WW. I feel like a beached whale.

Have a wonderful day ladies!! Hugs to all!!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, or should I say BAH HUMBUG!

NO more snow dances...it's working wrong and I am getting the snow!!!! Seriously though, woke up to 3 or 4 inches this morning, ugh! I'll post some pics for you Francie a little later. All I gotta say is THANK GOD for front wheel drive! I love my Santa Fe...it handles/drives well in the snow! This one is much better than the last one in that dept. Had to go to the post office this morning and get my parents packages mailed...knew I should have done it yesterday. Was trying to wait so that they get it like a day or two before Christmas...we'll see. While I was out in it I thought I would run to Michaels since they have all their Christmas stuff 50-70% off. Planning on doing blue next year so wanted to see if I could find a wreath and some other things. All I found was some stuff to make my own, lol and wrapping paper.

TAMMY...lol, love your post! You ARE a busy woman for sure.

FRANCIE...I too had to spend the night, Josh did too but DS#1 & Daughter were released the same day. Of course I had complications sort of and I was in the hospital for almost a week before they would take the gallbladder...had jaundice and pancreatitis (sp?) just glad they didn't have to take it the old fashioned way...that would have sucked! And I too got some lovely jello and some kind of brown liquid...thinking they were calling it broth,

MINDEE...it's a pretty simple surgery, but men are big babies! Or at least both DS's were, lol. That's cute about pj day with Santa on Friday...Brandon will love that!

JULES...yep! You hit the nail on the head...they don't think of how it affects the kids, just think about themselves and that is sad. Hope you get rid of that cold soon!

SUE...man! I can't tell you the last time I had fried potatoes, beans and cornbread...one of my favorite meals but I haven't had in years! My mom would fix it a lot, with some cole slaw too, mmmm-making me hungry! WTG on the pound! Hey every one pounder adds up. I heard a lady at WW last night ask where so and so was. The other lady said she quit because she wasn't losing fast enough. The lady then said...she only lost about 6 or 7 pounds in 4 weeks...that's not even worth coming up here for. I almost said something but it wasn't my conversation or my business...I thought the whole point was to lose the weight no matter the amount or the rate at which we lose but I didn't say anything, that and the extra support. For me too it's knowing that I am facing that scale every Monday and I think I work a little harder because I want to see a loss. Everyone is different though. Anyway to you on the pound gone!

SUSAN...where you at missy? Miss you when you are not here. Hoping all is well with you and the girls.

I probably should get off the computer so I can get something done. I rushed this morning to get up and get to the post office before it got too bad and didn't even make the bed and I need to get some exercise done. Also want to visit WW dot com...figure all that stuff out. I like that paying monthly gives the etools as well and it's actually cheaper. WW here is going up to $12 Dec 28th, from $9 or you can pay $39 a month and get the etools too!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #13  

well, nothing really new on this end. I made some sugar cookies, and I completely forgot that Tommy can't eat them.....and I am not going to sit and eat them all by myself, so I am sure that I can find someone who will eat them!

we are supposed to get hit with some snow tonight into tomorrow morning. Brandon will be happy.....he has been waiting not so patiently for something to shovel!

Tammy~ I will have to see if Tommy is willing to travel through his pain! I am hoping that the surgeon will schedule him for this Friday so that he will be without the pain. But I am not sure if they will do the surgery on the weekend or not.

Cristina~ Santa is supposed to visit today.....but the kids don't know about it since it is a surprise. He can't wait to be able to wear his pajamas to school on Friday!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~PJ days at school is always fun!!! Will he get to wear his slippers in class then??

Sassy~Hope you get the job!!!!!! :fingerscrossed:

Jules~Well..my friend said its snowing in PA. I think its just raining here now. So oh well..

Tammy~Well..I havent been in a blizzard since I was maybe 2 or 3 (I have really foggy memories of being in one.) We were in New Mexico when it happened. So I will just wait until Jan/Feb for the snow to come. I just hope it doesnt come for Fonzo's bday cuz we have plans that day, lol.

Cristina~You need an anti snow dance, lol. So dance backwards..lol!! You know, I'm probably the only person who enjoys hospital food, lol. They used to serve these really wonderful cheeseburgers at this one place my mom went to for some treatments. It was sooooooooooo good!!!!!!! Of course at the Naval Hospital in WA..they didnt have a cafeteria, they just had a subway, lol.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #15  

Francie~ If we can find them and get them in his back pack before Friday, then yes he will be able to wear his slippers in school..