3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias -- #54 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/159174-steel-magnolias-54-a.html)

Maggie 12-27-2008 12:11 PM

Sunny Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :dust: We all need to be dusted!

It is warming up here in the heartland and all the snow has melted. Will is finally getting over his nasty cold and I am sucking cold-eeze and so far have warded it off. I don't think one can OD on zink.;) Ragg Mopp still comes in here and looks longingly at my shelf full of my babies. He thinks all stuffed things are his. I keep telling him those are "my babies" but he still wants them. He keeps his all rounded up which is better than some kids I know.:p I haven't taken down my little village yet for we are still enjoying the lights in the evening. Since our tree is live it isn't making a mess.

SUSAN There are some lovely looking recipes in that book. Also in the other one I got at meeting. Will is so good about eating everything I cook. The only thing he didn't like ~ I didn't either and we dumped it and that was a few years back. Usually I can tell by the ingredients if we will like it. It was some Chinese sweet and sour dish and heavy on the sour and quite yuckey.

DONNA Your new car is lovely. So glad you didn't get silver or gray. Seems that is all car dealers are offering these days. Dullsvill. But some folks really like it so that is why we do have choices. I have seen folks in parking lots that couldn't find their cars because they blended in. Like camaflauge. I think you will really like that cook book. It is always nice to try something new. Have you gotten the Hungry Girl book by Lisa Lillien? Her book topped the best sellers list. She has the WW points in her recipes also and has some good "stuff" in it. She also sends you daily emails if you choose.

JEAN How goes it with you these days off? Bet you aren't in any hurry to get back to the grind. I do so love being retired. ;) Did that sound like I was rubbing it in? Shame on me.:p Yeppers we can start reminding you next go round for the Christmas season decorations. It does make it so much nicer when you have a plan and start early enough where you don't feel all jammed up. Stay warm.

Well I am going to go get something to eat. Type at ya'll later.
:dust:

LaVon 12-27-2008 12:29 PM

Hi Girls

It's been a long time since I have written in. I really need to now though! I am starting, yet again, another vow to change my eating and exercise habits! I just finished a Spanish class at our local community college and now I feel as though I have enough free time to devote to the exercise portion. Just in time for the new year! I live in Arizona, so weather will not be a hinderance until summer!

Give me some tips girls on what I can do to stay on track. I am 41, and I find it a little harder now to lose weight than I used to, so I just want to stay motivated! Thanks ladies!

LaVonda

QuilterInVA 12-27-2008 02:09 PM

Hello, LaVonda, and welcome back!

We are all supporting each other and are glad you decided to join us.

I can tell you what I do to stay on track. I plan my meals. I try to do it once a week but if I don't I do it at least the night before. I find that once I plan my meals, I eat them. If I don't, I get off track. I actually schedule my exercise just like any other appointment. Exercise is important at any weight. I think it is especially important as we get older to maintain flexibility and mobility. And a toned body looks thinner and measures less. Try new foods and new recipes. Keep meals interesting so you don't become bored with your food. Come here and post and we'll help you! I'm sure you will have some good advice for us from time to time as well.

LaVon 12-27-2008 05:21 PM

Wow

Wow Susan! I hope I can stay on track as well as you! My willpower is not that great! Well, I went for a 3 mile walk this afternoon and so far, I am doing good. I started sticking to a diet yesterday, and I feel really good. Probably because my body is coming off that sugar-high! Anyway, I will actually take my weigt and measurements on the first. That will be my official day. Thanks for the tip about scheduling exercise, and planning meals a week in advance. That is a great idea which I will implement! I hope it works as well for me! Thanks for the support!

LaVonda

beledigirl 12-27-2008 06:42 PM

Haven't been here for a long long time

Hi All! I used to be on Faye's Time for serious fun thread years ago. I'm looking to get back on track and finish losing the weight.

My life has entirely changed since I last posted here.
  • I divorced the abusive husband back in 2004.
  • My father passed away January 2004 and that was a catalyst for everything
  • I met a nice man late 2004 and am still with him
  • I got down to 150 pounds but have gained back since I have moved
  • I moved from Indianapolis, Indiana to Australia about 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to getting back on track and having fun with you all again. :smug:

nanacas 12-27-2008 07:13 PM

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIOA!
Again, I haven't been here in a while but nothing much has changed with me. I have lost the 30#s that the DR. requested and that has brought my diabetes under control. Per the Wellness Center I just need to keep up the good work. As for me I would like to lose another 10 or so #s over the next 9 months. This Christmas season I sort of veered off my diet. We were the recipient of chocolate chip cookies, a coffee cake and a box of chocolates from a variety of sources. I have had my share but now that most are gone, I am not eating any more of that stuff. I hope I won't take too long to lose the 2#s I put on. I have just been watching the sweets, potatoes, bread, pasta and eating a lot of fruit and sugarless items.

We had a delightful Christmas with DD#2 and her family. I think I told you that DH got me an IMAC computer last August and I have been going to the Apple store every week for a One to One session. I have learned so much and am really enjoying this new computer. I downloaded all the music CD's in my library to my computer and got a Nano for Christmas and now have everything on the Nano. Our daughter and family gave us a 'dock' for the Nano so we can have music wherever we want to set it up. It is very portable and has a great sound.

Susan: Sorry to hear about your thumb, I hope it does not impact to greatly on your quilting.

Maggie: You sound like you have really settled in to the new life in Kansas. But, you are the type to just get on well wherever you are.

Faye: Your new car is beautiful. If I were to get a new one...not likely...I would love a red car.

Jean: Hope you are enjoying your break from school. If anyone deserves a break it is you. I don't know how you manage to keep your sanity with those kids.

Beledigirl & LaVonda: Welcome! This is a great group, you will enjoy it here! I don't post all that often but maybe it is because I am old or just busy with the 9 grandkids. However, I do enjoy reading the posts of you all.

Gloria

LaVon 12-31-2008 08:17 PM

Not looking forward to tomorrow

I am back and not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I dread it actually, but, I must know where I am beginning to set a goal for this month so that is that. I will let you all know where I am starting from. My husband is so sweet. He is helping me all he can. (He actually needs to be doing this with me as he has much more to lose and is a diabetic but he needs to make that call himself).

I actually walked 5 miles last night and it felt great! I slept so good too! Well, hope to have not so terrible news tomorrow! Talk to you soon!

LaVonda

gma22 01-01-2009 07:18 AM

This thread is closed. Please find Steel Magnolias #1