Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #361  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

It's been a while since I've been here, so this will be long!

Vicki - Way to go on saying No! It does get easier and I have to remember that. Great idea with the mommy and me. I think everyone should have activity as part of their life no matter what age. And super congrats on your falling pants!

Tiff - That is awesome! I long for the day when I can say I lost 25 lbs! And I will...and all of you will be the first to know, LOL! (The dogs sniffing...HAHA!) Hey, can you take me back with you? Florida's weather is definately better than No, KY right now.

Kity - I do wish you good luck. Please don't give up! As you know, I already had an up/down with my weight and normally I would give up-but with everyone here, I just can't. Especially since I see that we all slip and all have our bad days/moments. I'm jumping back on the wagon and my hand is extended to grab yours and yank you back on! : Also, buy the ranch packets and mix it with FF sour cream for your ranch dip.

bchlover - 5 lbs is a motivater, no matter if it is water. And think of all the extra little steps you're getting in by going to the bathroom all the time! LOL!

burgundy - Yah! You're getting there, keep up the good work! 10 lbs will be here in no time.

lindy - if you can use a buddy for 1 day - take it. as long as you keep working out, no matter how it happens, it's a good thing. fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

Neesy - I can't wait to see new pics! It really gets my butt going when I see how others are shaping up. Congrats!

And, welcome to anyone new I missed.

So, I has been a while since I've been on here. Snow has taken over...haha! I haven't weighed myself all week, cause I haven't been counting calories. I have been doing good food-wise (I have slipped a couple times) and with water. So this morning, I wanted to prepare myself for tomorrow and jumped on the scale. It is down, so that is my motivator to do all I can today so that I have a good number tomorrow. I slept late today, so nice to get a good night's sleep!

I was thinking about shoveling my mom's driveway so I can park when I go over there. I've just been pulling to the side of the road with my blinkers on and I almost got stuck yesterday. And it's supposed to snow and rain and all that crap again Sunday night. So I guess I better, otherwise it will be worse after that. I'm going to plan my meals this week and hit the grocery. I honestly don't need to much. I have my lean lunch meats and still have my ministrone/dumpling thing to eat. (Lindy, did you get to make that? Did you like it?)

Does anyone have any super bowl plans food-wise? I'm not sure where I'm going yet, but I'm sure there won't anything LF or healthy. So I'm wondering if I should make a pot of turkey chili for wherever I go. I can top it with FF sour cream, green onions and LF cheese. Sounds yummy! At least the super bowl in on Sunday AFTER weigh in and I will have a week to fix anything I may do wrong...LOL!

Well, good luck to all today and hope we all have a minus on our tickers tomorrow!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #362  
focus on me

Hhmmm, I just looked at the weather and it will be kinda cloudy and 10 degrees warmer tomorrow. Today is going to be sunny with a wind chill of 3 10 degrees. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to shovel. It just going to be too cold today. So now I have to do something else for a workout today. Oh well..haha!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Well, i went out to eat yesterday and today, but made good food choices and only ate half of what was on the plates and brought the other half home. I did good today but just ate a peice of beef jerky that was really salty and now i am worried about being bloated in the morning. We'll see what the scale says. I am on dial up right now so will check back tomorrow when I have a faster internet connection.

Good luck tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #364  
focus on me

I couldn't wait to get on the scale this morning since yesterday when I weighed I was down and I didn't eat a ton of food yesterday....I am down 4 lbs this week to 223! Yipee! I'm back in the game.

Later today, I will be shoveling snow (if it doesn't kill me then going somewhere for the superbowl. I'm sure my favorite bar is doing something, but I've been there the past 2 nights and really don't want to be there a 3rd in a row. I also smoke too much when I'm there (yes, for those who don't know-I do that evil thing-but working on it too!). So hopefully my friends will have something going. If not, I'll just make turkey chili for myself!

Well, I'm going to grab some coffee and check the news. I'll check in later to see what everybody else does. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #365  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Kudos BURGUNDY!

4 lbs. in a week is amazing! I dont think I have done that yet (nor will I be able to), your first month usually comes off fast and after that, you have to work your butt off to accomplish the same.

Takeadeepbreath - I'm sure you will burn a TON of calories shoveling snow. We are having a Superbowl party at my house, YES, I have every intention of cheating, I'm just going to try to do it in moderation. As of right now, this is what is on the menu:

Homemade chili (not turkey - the fattening kind), yes I will be having a big bowl of this, it is only made 1 or 2 times a year.

Wings - we bought like a 100, so yes I will be having this and yes, I will be having it with ranch dressing...mmmmmm.

Cold cut sandwiches - I definately think I will pass on this. I'm not a big sandwich person and if I do eat a sandwich, its usually turkey anyway.

Last - nachos, oh and that is my downfall! I LOVE, L-O-V-E NACHOS. Mmmmmmmm.

NOW, I'm debating, but I think I will pass on my soda intake, since thats empty calories and since I'm consuming about two days worth of calories in one sitting. I made a big pitcher of crystal light lemonade to help me accomplish this. We will see.

I know all this is bad, but its once a year. I'll buckle down the rest of the week and hope that this pays off. I am also going to try and jump on my Wii Fit for about 30 minutes and burn off a few calories.

Well, I hope everyone elses weigh in goes well today. Sorry to babble about my food, but sometimes I think its my favorite thing to talk about - lol.

Ill try to check in later.

Take care!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Happy Superbowl Everyone! I hope everyone does well today. I'm feeling especially hungry, however I've had a lot of great success lately and don't want to overdo it. I always ask myself, would I rather have that cheeseburger or be thin? Guess what wins out.... Well, sometimes the burger. haha But really, I'm very proud of everyone!

I went to my favorite wing place last night.. and all I got was celery and diet coke! That is a big accomplishment for me. Whew. It was hard.

Lindy-your scale is moving down quick!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! You are doing sooooooooooo great. You'll be in onederland soon! YAY!

Takeadeepbreath- 4lbs!! That is a big weight loss for one week! Good job!!

Burgundyrayne-Great will power! It's hard making the right choices when going out to eat. Keep it up!

Tiff-Can't wait to hear from you! How you likin the cold!!! =)
Old 02-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #367  

MaddiesMom-Good for you for going to the doctor. It has been a couple of years for me too, I know I should go.

Bch-That is a lot of water. I drink maybe 60 oz a day. Good job.

Tiff-That is funny about your dogs. Stay motivated on your trip and I hope you enjoy this cold with the rest of us. I am in Michigan, I cant stand snow. I dont know why people like it. I am gonna get out and shovel today for some exercise.

Lindy-that is amazing that you lost 10 lbs in a month, way to go. I am still shooting for my first 10, I am almost there. And your ticker says you have lost 12 lbs, wow!!!

Takeadeepbreath-Shoveling is a good workout,I try to do it some, my husband usually beats me to it. And congrats on losing 4 lbs, that is awesome. I wish I would lose that much all at once.

Neesy-23lbs, I am so jealous. I cant wait to get to there. Congrats

Ok so as for me, I got on the scale this morning and was at 228.8 still which is fine by me. I am not into football, so have no superbowl plans, so I dont have to worry about eating anything bad. I hope to lose the other 3 lbs this week to get to 10.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #368  

Well my ticker says 8 lbs, but since it was 228.8, I am counting it as 7.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #369  
focus on me

Well, I shoveled snow, but a lot of it is melting anyway. It kicked my butt, wow! I've done well today, I had egg beaters breakfast and when I got home from grocery, I had 2 microwavable White Castle burgers (was starved!) then I put on my spicey sausage/turkey chili topped with FF sour cream and LF cheese...mmmmm. I created this recipe from 3 or 4 I found online. The one that sparked it was a thing I saw on tv for chef on a shoestring. So that is cooking now. Looks like I will be all alone for the superbowl..boo hoo! LOL! That's OK, I could use a night off anyway.

Looks like everyone is doing good today so far. Hope to see more numbers!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #370  
focus on me

Wow, it's half time and I can't eat another bite. The chili was EXCELLENT! It's the first time I've made chili without beans or tomatoes, interesting, but good (I'll post my recipe below. I didn't figure the calories, but I think the only bad thing is the sausage and the oil which you can probably cut down by half). I also had 5 southwest chicken taquitos with FF sour cream and salsa. I am DONE...whew!

I figured since I already weighed in and I didn't eat much earlier, I could indulge a little bit. So time to pack it up for lunch the next few days and be good again.

Tiff - If you read this while you are in Ohio and you like salsa....see if you can find a Remke's food market. I know in Florida you probably have the 'authentic' salsa anywhere you go, but I have to recommend Remke's brand of Salsa. It's made from local farmers ingredients. I get the mild, it's sweet and tangy and a nice change from regular salsa-goes good on my new chili..HAHA!

My Superbowl Chili - hope you like it, it's just enough heat in the back of your throat. You can also use it like nacho meat and spread over baked tortilla scoops then add the toppings.

• 1 pound lean ground turkey (I used 97% FF)
• 1 pound spicy pork sausage (I used Bob Evans)
• 1/8 C vegetable oil (can probably use less
• 2 Tbs chili powder (I used Kroger Priv. Selection)
• 1/2-1 Tbs fresh ground black pepper
• 1 Tbs sugar
• 1 Tbs ground cumin
• 1 tsp oregano
• 3/8 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 C red and green peppers chopped
• 1/2 C sweet onion chopped
• 1/4 C jalapeno peppers, seeded & minced (or half of a small can)
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1/4 C flour (I actually did not measure this, I used a large rounded soup spoon, too make it like a rue)
• 3 C chicken stock

Mix chili powder, pepper, sugar, cumin, oregano and nutmeg.

Heat 1/4 C oil in pot, add turkey, sausage, 1/2 of spice mix.
Cook until meat is browned, stirring as necessary.
Remove meat with slotted spoon, getting little pieces also and set aside.
Add remaining oil to same oil and heat up. Add remaining spice mix stirring constantly until spices roast-about 20 seconds.
Add onions, and cook, stirring constantly and scraping the pan bottom well, for 10 to 15 seconds. Stir in bell peppers and jalapeno peppers.
Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often and constantly scraping pan.
Add garlic and cook for about 20 seconds.
Add flour, stirring until blended and scraping pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add 3/4 C chicken stock, scraping pan till little bits are dissolved then add remaining stock and cooked sausage/turkey mixture. (It will be soupy, but it will cook down.)
Continue to cook on med-high for 50 minutes, stirring and scraping often so chili does not burn.
Skim off any oil from the surface and serve with FF sour cream, LF jack cheese and chopped green onion. (I also sprinkled on diced fresh tomatoes)
Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #371  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

hi guys can i join here?! i do need some buddies as well and i think this is a great start ^-^ anyway....this isnt official yet but as of today...i lost 2 lbs since last monday! I'll be weighing myself again tomorrow for the official one. Yesterday I was so devasted when I noticed i only lost 0.5 and i also had my "monthly visit" yesterday so i blamed it LOL but i was so happy it wasnt true ahahha xD

But today was great! I went to TJMaxx to check out stuff with my mom. And you know what?! Since I don't like the plus sizes clothes there...**think it looks too oldie for my age...just 24 years old** and I kinda was curious if i can fit in a large now in the misses section. I saw this wonderful pinstripe blouse....that i was thinking I should get for my cosplay in Anime Expo this July. As I was buttoning it up, my face was at awe cos it was a perfect fit! WAAHHH and I went out to try some more tops in a large and they fit! OMG....and before I was shopping around 2Xs....hehehehe =D Now I am more motivated to continue!

How are you guys by the way?! ^^ Oh and my name is Chloe! ^^
Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #372  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome PixieGal...glad to have you.

Congrats everyone on their weight losses!! I am sure proud of all of us!!

My "monthly visitor" was here this week, so I was sure that I was going to stay the same or gain. Well, lucky enough, I lost 3 pounds this week! I was shocked. I've been super careful of what I ate, and I made sure to eat more calories (I even saved room for some pizza on Friday night). I haven't had it in so long, and I figured if I deprive myself, I am more likely to falter and fall off the wagon. I am just thrilled that I am down 17 pounds since 1/3.

Today I even fit into a size smaller in jeans and had to go to the store to buy a smaller belt. I am loving this! Thank you ladies for helping to keep me motivated. January was my month to work on my eating, this month, I am working on eating and working out. I took my dauther to the mommy and me class on Friday and Saturday and got quite a work out myself. Keeping up with a 14 month old takes a lot out of you. I am determined to get up early and have some time to myself to work out before Madeline wakes up.

Of course, I did splurge quite a bit today at the Superbowl party at my neighbor's house. Normally I wouldn't be worried becuaes they aren't the best cooks, but this time it was really good (to my devestation!) That means I will be working my butt off and eating SUPER strict for the rest of the week. I can do this!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #373  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, everyone seems like they are doing amazing weight-wise! Congrats Lindy on reaching your goal. Neesy, it seems like everytime I look at you ticker, you have lost more weight. Oh, and when I passed through Cinncinati last night, I thought of you!

So far, I think I have done pretty well foodwise. Minus the traveling days. Something about riding in a car makes me super munchy. I haven't weighed, but I don't feel like I have gained any. My size 26 jeans just keep falling off when I walk, kinda annoying, but at the same time makes me happy.

I had breakfast this morning, and limited myself to two biscuits and gravy, no seconds and no fried potatos. Had no lunch because of such a late breakfast, but dinner we had some instant mashed potatoes (small serving), some barbq ribs boiled w bbq sauce in a crock pot, and some baked beans. One plate, no seconds. So I am really not eating healthy food, but I am trying to limit my portions to much less than I used to eat. After dinner tonight, me and my fiance and the two dogs went for a walk. That was a bad idea. The snow here is about 16 inches deep in some places and my dog, being a florida dog, has never experienced snow. At first last night, he didn't understand where he could go potty. Either there was pavement, or this crazy white cold stuff. I guess once he couldn't hold it anymore he figured out that he could pee in the snow. So, on our walk tonight, there was ice on the sidewalks, some people not shoveling their sidewalks, and then having to cut across a field with at least 16 inches of snow with a tiny short dog. eeek. I guess on the bright side, I got a HECK of a workout. By the end, I was soaked from falling down multiple times. Yuck. I am not a fan of snow tonight. Lets hope that we don't get anymore while I am here.

Well, I am exhausted and we are going to Amish country early tomorrow, so I have to go to BED!!! I hope everyone did good at the superbowl parties.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #374  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hello Everyone!

Back from Georgia and the convention. I did well on the way up and Saturday, but that night I didn't do well at all or yesterday. I think the enormous driving and some stress made my appetite go beserk. When we left the convention and were driving home, we received a phone call from my husbands bestfriends wife stating he had passed away in his sleep while at the convention hotel (they were staying another night). We quickly turned around on the highway and headed back up to Atlanta (Convention location). Needless to say it was a long upsetting night. We drove back home yesterday. So my eating wasn't good. Jim, my husbands friend, was 65 years young, and didn't live a healthy lifestyle. It was a blessing he passed in his sleep, however he didn't have any heart problems, but died of cardiac arrest. I feel Jim has taught us a valuable lesson on doing all we can to take care of our bodies and health.

So, I am back and getting my eating on track. I was on a great routine last week before I left for the convention and was feeling so much healthier too. Eating junk the last two days, and not exercising really made me sluggish.

I say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you doing so well! Wow, 17 lbs down Maddiesmom, that is fantastic! TiffTiff1985 you too are doing great while traveling, as I know that can be hard. Of course 16 inches of snow can be a great work out trying to walk in! It's like a stair stepper ;-0 LOL

Welcome Pixiegal!

I'm off to eat some Cream of Wheat -have a productive, healthy day.

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #375  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

WOW!!!! Congrats to all who have lost......which is everyone, but ME!!

I have maintained that's better than nothing, right!?!? I hope. I want this to work so much. It probablly does not help that I went out to the bar on Tuesday and Thursday with my husband to try and relax, had a few too many drinks (calorie wise!) I had a couple shots as well. So maintaing with no gain is great with the week I have had.
I started something new today. A co worker had given me some info on loose up to 21 pounds in 7 days. It's supposed to boost your metabolism, which I think will help me especially with my birthday goal. I am hoping to stick to this as there are no big gatherings coming up, I have a baby shower Saturday, which I will probablly eat before hand to make sure I don't give up. And I am working more this week...UGH!! But it's perfect to try this, I figure it can't hurt!!

I did fairly well with the superbowl......I had like 5 chicken wings, kept to the diet coke, and several chips with salsa. Few pieces of pizza. Not all that bad so I thought.

I printed the recipe for the no bean chilli, I hate baked beans, so it sounds really nummy to me. I actually have been looking for a no bean chilli recipe for some time. Everyone I have asked " Can you make chilli with no beans" Always tells me " It's not chilli with no beans!!" LOL

***I am having a hard time finding this thread. I went through introductions, then the first 5 pages and could not find us. Is there a better way to find this thread??
Closed Thread