Lo Carb #28 A fresh start, a new you!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Well I felt that all these new/ renewed motivation needed a new thread. Yes I am with you! Sue. I have been lamenting my lack of consistant drive. Last fall I wanted tto be 200 by 4/1. That was my goal and it was a reasonable one too. At the time. I am 228 still. But it is my own fault. I only worked out 1 day last week. ANd while my eating might be OP I am taking in too many calories. I make my choices. I ' d like to be 220 by may 28th. SO that is my new goal. ANy loss between now and mother's day would be good.

My goal sfor this week are:

OP eating
    portion control
    work out 4-5 times
    water!

I will journal
    In fact I will start a lo carb journal for food and exercise (thread) for the week and our final friday entry we can list our weigh in

ALl right girls off to the battle
  • Hi pat! I am ready. I was carbing till late last night complete with huge carb headaches. I am SOO ready for this. I feel that i needed to have that as i was really having a hard tiome. i get myself going really good then when i fall i fall hard this time was no exception but it was more under control and much sharter than before. so that is good. It shows that i am having more control over my self. I will weigh myself at the gym this morning so i do not get into the habbit of hitting the scale 5 times a day. my scale is in my bag for work and i refuse to tke it out. the food journal is the best!! it is what keeps me in line so i have mine started with yours!!! I will aslo use fit day so i may not put all my food there but it will be in my fit day journal which i will add to the signature line so you can read it but i will post my numbers.

I am ready!!!

ok girls roll call boot camp sarg is calling for a line up!!!

Call out when i call your name!!

SUE HERE!!

DANA

PAM

MELODY

TERRI

LEE

LK

PAT (I know you are here already)

Exercise IS included in this do what you can! even if it is walking, lifting soup cans, and doing your stiars in the house!!!
  • Good morning everyone

How are wedoing?

Well yesterday could have been better.

Nothing really to say.

You all ahev a good day. Off to report on yesterday
  • Well my Darlings, The ceiling beams are gone and the ceiling look so much higher! It took three coats of paint on the ceiling and floor but what an improvement! Reworking the built in bookcases was a serious job but oh how lovely our livingroom is now we have another room to turn into a proper bedroom! It had been and office for an the previous owner and there are units built on the walls that has to come down , curtains to make, beds to put up and bedside tables to make so we are far from done. Our garden just gave our first harvest of collard which I myself planted and so guess what we are having tonight! Now for the big news!!!!!!!!
    I am back to 304 and totally thrilled so I have lost between 10 to 12 lbs!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes life is good.

Lee Darling, don't let 4 lbs get you down I had regained alot more than that but I am back to where I was and now can continue down as I had done before.
    My prayers are always with you and you are always in my thoughts. Take the meds Babe and improve your quality of life. I am always here for you day or night. Dear one , I don't wish to be pushy but write me or something. I do so miss you . Love Always ,
    Pam
  • way to go PAM!!!

Pat i am here right behind you I am doing good tons of things to do but here I am. I have the determination that even starving did not put me off too badly. I was so hungry i was soo tempted to eat all the fries and have my icecream sunday but i said no!!! so not bad for the day!!!!!
  • OOOPPPPSSS
    well, there you go,, I just posted a new thread...I did NOT mean to. I meant to post here...man, this is all out of whack tonight..

anyway,,,,sorry about that....I am getting my journal out and am ready to go!!!! Kentucky Derby day is Sat....a big party day for me, but I am planning on staying OP.. and hopefully winning some money $$$$$ hehehe....

Take care,
  • No problem just glad youare here!!! So saturday is the big day??? Go for it!!!
  • Today was a lazy day as Mom and I went and had our hair done. The long hair is gone and I simply adore my new short hair. It is really short and thank God as at this age comes the change and girls I know Mom taught me girls don't sweat they glisten......well,
    I glisten buckets at the drop of a hat!!!!!! LOL
    I have added grapefruit to my daily intake as it is the one thing that helps to....keep me regular.The water I did not do much of today. Unbelievably I totally forgot to start back today on that regimine . It was not only a lazy day.... but a brain lock one too. I have my mind set back so as it is late I will start on the morrow.
    I had my hair done and lost my mind!

My Dears it was 90 degrees here today and it will be like that all week! Summer is here, now! Looks like the pool will be opened a lot sooner than expected this year! I am so sad about it ( yeah right). I am doing quite well and life is good!!!! I hope I can lose the 4 lbs by the 9 th but perhaps not. I will be thrilled if I do but not disappointed if I don't, still I am keeping my fingers crossed as it is Hubbys Birthday! Love you all.
    Pam
  • Good morning all,
    Well the week always starts out with good intentions and goes down hill from there. I propably should have focused on mental stiff, getting back on track. I started last night. Remiding myself of all the end results. Like smaller sizes and all teh stuff that goes with that. I remember last year asking a woman on the 100# site if she was afaid that she would make her goal. She had been at the smae weight for so long and it was around tthe 200# place. She at first didn't think so. But lateer admitted that maybe she was. I have been here for months now. What am I afraid off? I know I feel more socially acceptable at this size. I am not the biggest woman in the room. I am not wearing teh biggest size the store has to offer. I don't feel as self concous. But what is keeping me from moving on? What is there to fear by shopping in teh regular size. Alot of woman are a size 12. They seem ok. I have accoplished other goals in my life. But this is a pretty visible one. It's always the mental stuff that messes me up. I have issues apparently. I need to see them so I can move on.

Well Have a great day.

Pam I am so jelous. 90 degrees? wow.

Terri enjoy the derby!

Sue how goes it?

dana.... where are you, don';t you go missing again.

Melody where are you

Lee?
  • Here I am!!!!!

Life has been so crazy this week....after the **** last week...I got sick...I have COMPLETELY lost my appetite...which is GOOD!!! I have lost an incredible amount of weight from last friday...I was 207...tomorrow I expect to be under 200. I know most of it is water weight....but I hope this no appetite thing sticks around! I love it!!! I figure while I have it...I might as well use it!

I went to the doctor and got put back on zoloft...I have anxiety attacks and they came back...so I have been feeling better. BF and I have called a truce for now. Zoloft makes me love him again...isn't it amazing what such a tiny little pill can do????

I haven't been working out. I have been too ill...but I have been meaning too...just don't have the energy. Devin is still sick...still has the chicken pox...but they seem to be drying up. He has asthma and that has been acting up, and he has been so weak...he slept almost ALL DAY yesterday! That is not normal for any four year old...but especially not him...he is **** on wheels...I am going to call the doctor, as soon as they open an see what they say about him.

I am glad to see all the new, positive attitiudes...especially from you Sue...I know you can do this...I have faith in US...all of US. We just have to stick with it, and make good choices. I believe I can do it! So I will!!! AND YOU WILL TOO!!!!

I will try to get a food journal and keep it...good idea to "write out" your cravings with as well!

Pam glad to see you are back, good job on the loss....Dana, I miss you....Pat, good job on keeping us all straight! Terry? Lee?

HAve a wonderful day and i WILL check in tomorrow!!!!
  • Where is everyone????
    Hello ladies.

I think I have pink eye....yuck...one of the babies at another center I help out at had it and it appears that I have contracted the dreaded "disease".... My luck!

I have lost 7 pounds in a week.....interesting what no appetite can accomplish....I still have no interest in food. It's wonderful....I hope it never comes back!

Everyone have a nice weekend!
  • Well with a few nibbles I did not do too badly. today was a higher carb load but i let myself get hungry. so better to be prepared. I feel better. and feel more in control of myself now. I just need to go the final distance. I skipped exercise 2 days this week, that is not to bad but i do not want to make a habit of it. water is a needed addition to my woe. I have been having headaches llately it may be from lack of water. or carb withdrawl. I am thinking a bit of both. when i carb up like today i have less of a headache. so i will just have to wean myself down.

Melody congrats on the weight loss great going. you are really doing great. what does BF think of the loss??? I am glad you are on medication it helps soo much. some times i wish i was. I get soo moody and almost vicious at times, and i can not control my self.

Pam 90??? we got al the way up to 50 this week!!! POOL??? do you skate??

Pat i have been there too. i know what is it that is keeping me from reaching my goal??? why can i not manage to stick to it??? holding pattern is better than gaining but it does maky you feel so frusterated. I think that i will post and find all the info on goal setting so that should help us go for our goals again and reach them. I have read stuff on dr mercolas site and he has some thing about eft (emotional freedome techniques) which is almost like a self hypnosis or do this on some on eelse. it supposedly works so i think i will read up on that and do it to myself. hopefully it will work. I will let you know how it does. i hope to get it to help me remain focused, and then i can work on my goals.

Dana!!! hope t hear from you soon. I got your email but could not open the attatchemnts. i will try again.

also to let you guys know i got an email that said some thing about a funny game I did not know who it came from, so i did not open it but emailed her back and it was sent back undeliverable. so if any of you get an emai that was forwarded from me i do not send forwards unless they are special so delete this one immedialty!!!!

well enough for today!
  • A nice quote!

OUR DEEPEST FEAR
    By: Nelson Mandela
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
  • Well my Darlings, I am thrilled by the loss of two more pounds since Thursday!!!! But........ I am frustrated by my computer problems!
    Hubby has some damaged programs that has made using my computer impossible and talk bout affecting my life!AHHHHHHhhhhhhh! He won't let go of them either and will rather wait for weeks on end to see if a program he thinks might fix it works.... I am spitin' nails!!!!!!
    So here I am again on webtv which I am not used to any longer and have a dickens of a time typing on! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Still I am back on the losing trail and nothng can keep me down due to that fact!!!!!!
    Weight loss was 304 , I had regained 14 or so and now today I weighed 302 ! Three more pouds and I will be back in the two hundreds now that will bring me to my first major marker! I have lost 36 lbs. since starting here. With all the brick walls I have hit along the way I am flying high.
    Lody.... hang tough babe we all run into those nasty bugs along the way.
    Pat Honey,we all have issues God knows but we are behind you 100% and love you dearly not matter what so know we all have to get it togeter sometimes and a few false starts are just the first steps to success. If you keep at it you will fid the groove again and low and behold willowy you will be!
    Sue I just loved the verse yo posted and Lord knows there are no truer words.
    Love , Pam
  • Oh I FORGOT!!! Just for the winter blues... I have pent hours peeling the burnt skin offf Hubby from hs sunburn and by Jove I do believe he is getting darker than my Sioux Skin tone!
    Today it was a very warm 92 degrees. The sky was overcast in a most pleasent way. Not dreary rather like a soft silvery glow thatlay above us.The Huneysucle is everwhere and out the sliding dors of my Diningroom a Humming bird drifted lazily from rose to rose. The red roses are ablaze with scarlet blooms almost to heavy for the branch to hold, the salmon roses(our humming birds rose of choise) are bursting from every branch and with profusion. Out front along side the winding driveway the Carnary yellow Roses have ut done themselves and laden as the branches are with the sweet sented roses it looks as though they shove them out in great pride for all to see. The scent of fresh cut grass fills the nostrils and mingles with the frarance of Honeysuckles and roses. Another scent hardly ore han a whisper tatalizes the nose with promises of what is to come. I lok up at the large Magnoatree overwhelmed with long buds soon to burst forth into
    plate size, creamy flowers heady with the smell of lemon and french perfume. Delicate yet powerful indeed. I hear Hubby out in the pasture with the riding mower and picture a gazebo next to the stand of trees and watch the bluejays dash in and out of the branches their brilliant blue feathers delight the eyes. Songs fill the air from nesting birds of all types preparing for their Motherhood to be. I walk in the house sit in my very cofortable chair and take a few minutes to thank God for all the beauty he has created and blessed me with. My Mind wanders to the covered pool and I an grateful that the most intense of sunlight and summer heat rapidly approaching
    offers me the freedom to shelter in the cool water and move with great ease once again graceful and serene.
    Pam