Old 11-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #64

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 12-15-2008 at 08:59 PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #2  

ok, I might have started this thread a little early, but I wanted to make sure that a new thread got started before we hit the limit!

I happened to see the deaths of the three people on the news just now, and it honestly doesn't surprise me one bit with as crazy as people get about the deals.

we did some decorating here today. we have our tree up, and a couple of holiday things, but we will be doing some more decorating I am sure!

oh, before I forget, I was trying to find the right smilies to put in the opening post for Christmas, but I didn't want to not include someone because they don't celebrate Christmas, so I just went with the snowmen, the shivering dude, the elf with the snowball, and the snow globe.

Cristina~ We ended up not making the cookies! Tommy and Brandon went to my in-law's to get the Christmas stuff.....and then we set up the tree. Then me and the boys put up some ornaments while Marissa slept. During this time, Tommy was on the phone with Comcast to figure out what was up with our internet connection. So right now, our living room is a mess.....but he did mention making his chocolate chip cookies tomorrow......so I might wait and make my cookies on Monday.

SuzieQ~ I got your Happy Harvest card today! Thank you so much! It is a really cute card.

Tammy~ I have to agree! You are much braver then I am! When Brandon was about 8 months old, we ventured out to Walmart on Black Friday night to get a new Christmas tree. Even at almost closing time, the lines were crazy!!!

Sassy~ What did you guys get for dinner? The kids wanted leftovers, so I made them their plates, then Tommy walked in with two pizzas from Little Caesars. There went their plates......they pushed them out of the way and all screamed pizza!

Francie~ How are your kitties doing? I saw on your myspace that you were worried about Fonzo. Is he okay?

hello to every one else......I have some things to do, then I will be heading to bed.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!

Thanksgiving was great!! My friend made lots of yummy yummy yummy food. I over did it with the turkey though, lol. It was just too damn good, lol.

Black friday was pretty good. I didnt have any money, but I helped my friend shop. She got a lot of great deals on toys for her kids. We went to Toys R Us at like 5am..and then went to Target afterwards. Both were totally organized and non stressful. Which was nice. The mall was a little crazy. Soooooooooo many effin shoppers. I went to the video game store to see if they had a game for Fonzo..and it was so packed in there, I started panicking, lol. We had to leave asap.

We got paid this morning (at like midnight)..so we're all gonna go to the King of Prussia mall later in the AM. I'm soooooooo freakin excited for that. They have BLOOMINGDALES!!!!!!!! I love love love love that store. Cant afford anything in there, but whatever, lol. They also have a ton of other great stores that I'm excited to go to.

Fonzo had to leave thursday night cuz he had duty on friday. Then he couldnt pick me up, cuz he didnt have any money gas. Then his stupid card didnt work, so he couldnt fill up until he called the damn bank. So he's like a half an hour away right now. He should be here a little before 4am. I'm trying to stay up some more to open the door for him. He's been sick, so thats why I was worried about him. I think it got worse on thursday night. And it sucked, cuz I couldnt be at home with him.

My Sassy is doing better. She just gave us a freakin scare. Fonzo said that since I havent been home, that the cats have been extra bad. They're mad that I'm not there, lol. So they've been acting up and making Fonzo angry, lol. They want me and not him, LOL!!

Anyways.....enough rambling for now, lol. I shall go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  

just popping in quickly.......

nothing new on this end, just putzing around the house.

Francie~ I hope Fonzo starts to feel better soon! I hope the cats start to feel better soon too!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

Thanksgiving Day was fun, not fun and stressfull all rolled together.....Friday I ended up with a migrane and still not feeling 100% today. Teri ended up working from 8am to 11 pm at the outlets on Black Friday and then back again at 7AM this morning....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SASSY...funny, glad you got rid of your headache. Mine finally went away...not till bed time though. Feeling much better today. Ordering out sounds good...what did you guys get?

MINDEE...Little Caesars is me and DD's favorite pizza! Don't care for any of the others. Although we have gotten Pizza Hut a few times...always seems so greasy.

JULES...hugs to Teri...that's some long arse hours! I couldn't imagine shopping on black Friday and I think working it would be even worse! Glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving.

FRANCIE...glad the kitty is fine. And glad Fonzo is too!

Nothing going on today. Had decided to get back to exercising but that hasn't happened yet. Will probably just do a 30 minute dvd and maybe a short 10 minute walk on the treadmill. Wanted to do it this morning but me and V went to Target to get a couple of things, mainly salad and bananas, on the way home we got a call for a showing 1:15-2:15, yikes! This was at 11:30 and we weren't home and the place was a mess! We got it presentable enough and got out in time. So...here it is 4:00 and still no exercise...but typing this is motivating me to get it done as soon as I finish this. I stepped on the scale this morning and it wasn't good! I have been a very bad girl this past week...no exercise, hardly any water and ate out probably 3 or 4 days, ugh! But I think part of it was due to me eating some stuffing about 9 pm last night. I have got to write out some rules for myself...one of them being no eating after 7. Seriously thinking about doing WW for a few months...haven't decided yet. It seems like I need a jumpstart again and it always helps. Anywho...

Hoping everyone is enjoying the weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We had a nice turkey day also. Of course I ate too much and have been trying to scale back ever since. I threw the leftover macaroons and cake in the freezer in individual portions so DH can have sweets for the next few weeks. Mom had her leftover pie and I don't like frozen treats, so I am (maybe) good. I need exercise and it is so cold outside. Back to WATP I guess.

Now it is time to think about Christmas...and I don't wanna. I am a bah humbug person again this year. Too many things going on. Ugh.
I talked to DD a couple times today as she is packing to move out. Her DH did go away for the week-end so he didn't have to be there and she is glad. She sounds very happy. *fingers crossed* I know it is hard to be single, but harder to put up with verbal abuse and drinking.

We ended up refusing the condo...for many reasons, so back to square one. Since we are not going to LV Mom is wanting to go to FL to be with her sister for a couple months. I am going to put her and her doggie on a plane in a couple weeks. (Then I might climb in her suitcase and go too) Hate cold weather!

Okay, that's all I have for now. I am fixing meatloaf so gotta go...can't let my meat loaf. *groan, bad I know*
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- You have done WW before? I just don't even know how to get started with WW. I have wanted to, but cooking for DH and Mom it seems to sabotage anything I do. Would be glad for any help or suggestions on how to get started with WW. Everyone seems to do so well on it the first few weeks. I feel like if I could get going I might be able to lose the 20 pounds and then maintain.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #9  

well, we at least got one thing done and checked off my to do list. which was to get the kids Christmas pictures done. we got them all together since they wouldn't sit still long enough separately so I will get those uploaded onto my part of the computer later and onto myspace.

not sure as to what else is going on tonight we might have some friends come over but we haven't heard from them yet. the Wings are playing tonight so we will be watching that later on.

Jules~ Sorry to hear about your headache, but good to hear that it is gone!

Cristina~ I love Pizza Hut pizza and bread sticks, but Tommy doesn't like them.

Sue~ LOL I had to laugh at your meat loaf joke. My hubby gets picked on and asked that if he takes meat loaf for leftovers in his lunch at work.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #10  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies!!

Just finished my dinner....a piece of pumpkin pie!! Went shopping again today and had a late lunch at the mall. As I was rushing out the door to help with the diabetic study that I do part time, dh was heating up leftovers and I wasn't hungry. Three hrs later, I'm back home at 9:30 and woofing down a piece of pie. Not a good idea but it was sure tasty.

Francie: Were is the King of Prussia mall? Never heard of it. We were at the Annap Mall today for several hrs. Had lunch at California Pizza. Glad your kitty is doing better.

Cristina: Yikes I would have freaked at having so little time to pull the house together for a showing. The last time we sold, we were lucky to have our house sold before it was even listed. The realtor knew someone who knew someone etc. and it sold minutes after the couple walked through. But that was 5 yrs ago when the market was going crazy.

Jules: Heading up your way to Hagerstown Outlets on Fri. Dh is taking the day off work.....oh that reminds me that I have to sched my dog walker for that day. We spend the entire day there. It's about 75-80 miles but so worth the drive now that gas prices are down.

Hugs to everyone else. Waiting for "Dooney & Bourke" to start on QVC at 10. Not that I need to spend that much on a purse but I like to watch. There is an D&B outlet in Williamsburg VA and the prices are so much better. OK, just watched the line up and don't see one that I'm dying to have. Night night all!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

OMG!!!!! I couldn't watch anymore....I bought a navy leather Dooney & Bourke....dh is going to kill me Hopefully it will be delivered on a day that I'm off work and I can hide it!!! I'm off to bed now
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #12  
ugggg.....

Well I successfully passed my cold onto hubby who isn't very happy about it....

Tammy--didn't go out Black Friday shopping--we aren't buying much this year except for the grandboy. We are doing practical again--I have helped the kids out so much finacially this year that I am not going to go crazy at Christmas and they are ok with it. I will pay a bill for each of them and buy a few little things but that's it. Hubby and I are not buying for each other--we are trying to declutter and simplify our lives. We are also doing some long over due remodeling--putting down wood floors in the living room and hallway and new flooring in kitchen and bathrooms and painting. We are going to take a week vacation in January and do a home makeover staycation.

Mindee--I am going to start doing some lists myself to get me more organized. I have been looking into some tips on some diferetn websites--I like one called flylady so far...

Sue--I feel for your dd--when my hubby can be very hard to live with--there are days I really don't think I can take any more but then there are the days I don't know if I could actually leave. I am such a wimp...I have started standing up to him and sorry to say dd--both of them have the same personality--spoiled, selfish, controlling and rarely willing to listen to another persons opinion or needs. I am usually a doormat but pre menapause is apprently bringing out a witchy side...or maybe I am beginning to change--my mid-life crisis may be finding my voice...

Cristina--WW is working slowly for me--I have lost 10 pounds of the 15 I regained. Hubby is a major sabotager--he's always wants to go out for lunch to get away from work for a little while and never wants to go alone.

Francie--I love the big crowds, we are just downsizing so Christmas is not going to be a huge affair this yeatr except for the little guy--but even he doesn't need alot at this point.

Hi to everyone else that I missed on the old thread...

Welcome back to Kathy!!!

Last edited by jules1216; 11-30-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.

Can u believe its the last day of November? Amazing! Christmas is less than a month away! Where does the time go?

Well I am off to bed. Another fun-filled week begins tonight...........(work) At least this week is my short week!!! Dunno if my coworker will be in tonight or this week. She called me lastnight stating she was sick. We were supposed to go out, but she was sick. So I have this feeling that um she won't be at work tonight............but we'll see.........she said she would be, but I just have a feeling...........

UGH stupid neighbor guy is at it again with the loud flipping music! UGH! I hope I can't hear it in the bedroom otherwise he will have one ticked woman beating on his door! lol.

Have a good one!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday, chickies...

SASSY...I know! I was telling hubby that I would sign up for the XM radio in January thinking it was far off...it's only a month away! This year has gone by sooo freakin fast. Hope you were able to get some sleep. Grrr, to the neighbor.

JULES...hey, 10 pounds is good! I have to do something to get back in control. I feel like I am losing it, and not the weight, lol. Of course I would just join for a quick jumpstart and do it probably 2 or 3 months...that always seems to get me on track. Sorry the hubby is sick now, no fun at all.

TAMMY...I have wanted a D & B purse for a while...but I can't really justify a $250 purse for myself, lol. Just keep thinking what else I could do with the money. I know though if I were to visit an outlet I definitely could be tempted, lol. Yeah, if DH hadn't been home the showing would not have happened. He helped me a lot. Of course DS's room wasn't left in too bad shape. I didn't have time to do anything in there except throw his comforter over his bed and call it good. Like DH said this place looked better with the mess than most places we've looked at. A lot of people don't bother cleaning their houses, or even straightening things.

SUE...I think without the tools it would be hard to do WW. If I had my old ones I would definitely give them to you so you could start it. I gave them to Charlotte when she was seriously wanting to do it and to lose weight...that lasted about a day or two and I think she threw the stuff away. But, I'll see if DH has his. I think they said WW has changed a little but can't imagine it would be that different. I will find out tomorrow when I go, or Jules would know since she is going. I am thinking the place I went to the meetings before is still meeting on Mondays. But basically you figure out your points for the day and stay within that limit. Every food has a point, well most...there are some that are zero points. Would it be possible for you to go to a meeting in your area?

MINDEE...yay to gettiing the kids pictures done!

Well, more drama on the homefront and momma has had enough. I say one freakin thing and someone goes balistic which totally pi$$ed me off and I let them have it. So tired of it...needless to say I am a mean MIL whatever. I think I am just going to leave the state.

I did get in a whole hour of exercise yesterday glad about that. Going to do a little over a hour today. I've got to get back on track. Yesterday I weighed in at a whopping 189-yikes! But as I said I think part of it was due to eating late and not water and who knows what else. This morning I'm at 186, still not good but not as bad as yesterday. I am not taking that weight though, will count whatever the scale says tomorrow. The WW meetings on are Monday so I'll be changing my WI from Sat to Mon. Guess I better eat right today eh? Anyway...better get...I need to work on my Christmas cards and get a couple of things ready for the mail tomorrow. Can't believe it is the first already.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Sassy-there are some very unfair things that go on at my workplace that are unbelieveable. The people that work get more dumped on them and those that don't seem to get promoted....Hubby is having a very hard time right now and has been talking about quitting for a while. I think that's why he's so gung ho about getting the improvements done since his bike and credit cards will be paid off I think by April. I really look for him to quit then even if he doesn't have anything lined up.

Cristina--I just remembered that they are tweaking the program again--there is one meeting in December that we are not to miss. I am going to try to keep going for at least a year. I do good and then get confident that I can stick with it without paying the $12/week to weigh and stay for a meeting but I don't. There is a girl at work that has lost 70lbs on WW in the last year and a half--she looks really great--she said at this point she doesn't want to lose more--she just wants to maintain and tone up. There were several that joined in her department but she was the only one to stick with it--she has been very encouraging to me. Your weight is still down from last year at this time and with all that exercise you have to have some great muscle tone. I bet it shows in your clothes. Good luck on the job hunting--try the local library or book store.

Well off I go to spend some time taking care of the sickies....