Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . and then, you'll ship the snow down to me, no doubt. As the saying goes -- "with friends like these . . . "

I don't have a new plow-guy yet either and looks like we've got snow in the forecast every day for the next week.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Hi! New Canadian here...good to "meet"cha!!

I'm from Brantford Ontario and we got dumped on last night...I love it!! It was so mild on Monday with lots of rain that washed all the snow away...I was afraid we were going to have a green Christmas but now everything is pretty again!! But I would like to see it all disappear after New Years.

Just when I am going nuts with the snow and cold and wondering if spring will ever hit we'll be taking off to Florida for a little sun and Mickey Mouse!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #93  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile We're having a snow storm, a wonderful snow storm

The temperature's falling, Its not surprising, We're having a snow storm, a wonderful snow storm.

I hope everyone is safe, warm and dry and out of the cold. This snow storm gives us all the perfect excuse to spend a little time exercising. If not by shovelling the snow than just b/c we can't go anywhere.

I finally got the chance to watch the Biggest Loser Finally this morning. I taped it Tuesday. That Michelle did a fine job. The next Biggest Loser starts on Jan. 6. And Jillian has a Wii workout game coming out. This gives me the best excuse to buy a Wii and platform and her workout. I just love the idea. I have wanted to get a Wii but didn't see where I would use it too. Now I will and I can compete with everyone in the house too. Although my DH and son were born with super metabolisms. They are both bone-racks.

With all the snow headed to Canada I think just about all of us will be having a white Christmas no matter where in Canada you live. The weather channel says that hasn't happened in more than 30 yrs.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #94  
Onward and Downward

Yes, we are having a dilly of a storm too . . . the wind is wild and even though the stuff has stopped falling right now, you'd really never know it by looking outside.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Ugh - winter!!!

I had to go out and pick up a couple of gifts and some groceries for weekend dinners (diet? what diet?). It was -17C with a wind chill of -29. Fortunately for me, I am not one of those people that feel the need to be overly fashionable when it's minus frickin freezing lots. I wore boxer briefs, long undies, wool pants, an undershirt, a longsleeved wool shirt, and a heavy wool sweater, all under a long alpaca wool (light and warm) coat. With sheepskin mittens and hat and a HUGE scarf, I was toasty warm. And I can do all this, because I have tons of clothes that are too big for me! I am swimming in my coat!

The big storm that hit the northern US and Toronto passed south of Montreal, so we were spared the snow, but got the c-c-c-cold and wind! And blast it all, I forgot to get leeks for my soup tomorrow, so I have to go back out!

I am planning to make and eat some not-exactly-diet food this weekend - spanokopita, osso bucco, rissoto, squash soup, fruitcake... But I will keep my portion sizes small or reasonable. That is how I have decided to handle the food this year. Last year, I threw all caution to the wind (it's only a few meals right? ...), and it took me a month to get back to reasonable eating habits. This year, I'm used to eating less anyway, so it ought to be much easier to get the full/enough message to my brain.

I didn't do any exercising yesterday or today, because I was rushing all over heck and creation to get things done, so I figured I burned my requisite number of calories. It's not cardio, but I can live without that for a few days.

DH managed to catch my cold and is now *dying*. Before I go to bed I will threaten him with the dreaded 'we'll go to the doctor if you're not feeling better tomorrow'. What do you want to bet that he will be cured in the morning? Man, if he ever takes a psychology 101 course, I'm doomed!

BP

Last edited by bopeep; 12-24-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:58 AM   #96  

Oh, almost forgot - Hi kiki100!

BP
Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #97  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Kiki100 and the rest of us snow bunnies. We got a big dump yesterday afternoon and evening. It's about 8" but was blowing. I had an 18" drift blocking the deck door this morning and had to shovel to let the dogs out. Shall I put up a snow fence on the deck?

Up until yesterday I had nobody to plough out my lane and was not a happy camper. Last year's guy informed me he was not "doing residuals" this year. Anyhow, I now have a great guy who is going to do it for the winter. He's a contractor who does the Fair Office and I'd forgotten about him.

Until my lane is cleared, I'm housebound which may be a good thing. I have lots to do but first will soak in the tub with another coffee and make a list.

Happy Snowy Saturday. Looks like the dogs have planned to sleep on the couch until spring!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #98  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Angry Just going to vent a little

My DH can be the inconsiderate s.o.b. I have ever met sometimes. Yesterday in the snow storm he decided to come home "3sheets to the wind" I tried to talk to him about needing the car today to go do some shopping b/c we only have one vehicle that works. The truck has a battery that won't start and a tire that leaks like a sive. The vehicle I use for driving the kids to school is a company van and even though my direct boss is my B-I-L he has bosses. I can't use the van now that everything is shut down. At 730 am today I could here my DH ask my son if he want to go to his Uncle Jasons. I said to him " don't you remember I need the car today to go shopping?" He says drive us over. Well that is just a waste of gas. Then he said "did you get air in the truck tire". I said "how could I do that when no one was around with air". So now I have to call my sister in the next town and ask to use her van but I will have to drive over using the company van.

My DH can be an absolute sometimes. I would like to do this to him sometimes. I wish we has taxi serves here.

LMB
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #99  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default It' snowing and blowing again.

I think we as Canadians may be sound like stuck records. Every other day its snowing and blowing. I went out in it today to get my son some cold medicine, he is sick and dog food. My son didn't tell me when he filled the dogs' food bowls that we were out. My DH's car handled pretty good in all the snow but I didn't go very far and there weren't many on the roads just yet.

I am feeling a little out of sorts today. I feel that if I am going to lose this weight I am going to have to start living my life instead of everyone elses. I am going to have to put myself first everytime not just sometimes.

I am also a little stressed over money. Usually my DH gets a bonus from his boss that helps pay some of the bills up before the holiday gets here and presents can be bought. Right now the bills have to come first so other than my son no presents have been bought. I don't even have all the baking stuff I need to make my famous short bread cookies b/c bills have to come first.

I feel lost and lonely.

LMB
Old 12-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #100  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

I have done my exercise for the day. 30 min. on the gazelle.

What have done today.

LMB
Old 12-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #101  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Smile Exercise for Monday

I have done 30 min on gazelle.

What have you done?

The sun is shining and it looks so nice now if it just wasn't so darn cold and windy it would be a perfect day.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Just to let you know -- Nova Scotia is closed -- no kidding, you cannot get here by land, sea, or air. Worst thing about this storm is the hurricane force (seriously) winds.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #103  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Meowee, I saw that big storm headed your way on the weather channel last night but forgot you lived there. I hope you are safe and warm until the storm passes with as little damage as possible.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #104  

I think I did my exercise just sitting here shiverring!! -20C outside now! But because went out to a Thai place for dinner, I did some 'proper' exercise on my elliptical as well.

Not so strangely, I am not having a hard time with motivation right now - when I exercise seems to be the only time I get warm lately!

Our winds aren't so bad today, but the wind chill is still -30. Some days I really hate living in the city, but on days like this, when I only have to shovel two steps and I can go two blocks and get underground/inside for all my shopping, the trade off is worth it!

I'm off to have a HOT bath with a good book!

BP
Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #105  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default more on the weather

I am tired of the storms. I am having my parents come for Christmas,
and have to go and pick them up a day early, to get them here between storms.
This is our second "real" winter in a row, after years of warmth in the winter.
I LOVE winter in general. Minimal allergies, fun in the snow, love to cross-country ski (actually the only exercise I can just enjoy)
But these storms are exhausting me, as is the rest of life right now.
sure leaves me grumpified.

And its not any better anywhere in the country right now!
BRRRRR
Closed Thread