3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 01:32 PM   #16

Default Same ol'

Hi cowsies. No snow here. Lots of sunshine. This is what is blooming - iris, tulips, lilacs, rhodys, Georgia Blue veronica, forget-me-nots, corydalis, bleeding hearts, hardy geraniums, & lots more that I can't think of. It is soooo beautiful. My body hurts all over though, cause I worked almost all weekend in the yard. Except for a saturday outing w/ my mom & sis. We went to the Hulda Klager Lilac garden. You can see it at www.lilacgardens.com. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but of course I found a lilac that I just had to have.

Kiwi, don't your townfolk know that real cowboys don't line dance? I am simply amazed that your DD actually woke up when the alarm went off. And doubly amazed that she didn't just roll over and go back to sleep.

Bagzie, will you wear white gloves???? The last fashion show I went to was in about the 4th grade when they had a mother-daughter fashion show and a little film about the wonderful changes that our body would be going through soon.

Sugar P, hope you're feeling better.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:31 PM   #17
Member w/ messiest house

Default Re: Same ol'

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
Kiwi, don't your townfolk know that real cowboys don't line dance?
I think that's the trouble -- there aren't any real cowboys here, so they don't know no better

The Lilacs look luscious. I love lilacs. I hope ours bloom this year. I think it was last year that I chopped them down to stumps because they were getting so unruly. We won't know for quite a while at this rate: it snowed all day yesterday and through the night and part of this morning. We have a few inches of very wet heavy snow out there trying to decide whether to melt or not.

This is how I amuse myself: this morning I had drive DD to school (one of us missed the bus...) and I had to actually get out the snow broom to clear off the Explorer. I gave it a mohawk, which was quite jaunty. Then this afternoon I had to go pick up DD and a couple other girls. The mohawk had melted a bit and was starting to want to slide off the roof. Well, I drove very carefully so as not to knock it off until I had the girls in the car. I told them to watch the avalanche and I braked hard when I came to a stop sign and all the snow fell down the windshield onto the hood.

Thanks, you're a great audience, I'll be here all week.

Kiwi
Old 04-30-2002, 08:13 PM   #18

Default My noggin hurts

This was qtrly payroll tax return day. I hate that. My head is throbbing.

Kiwi, that's why all the kids love you. You're still a kid at heart.

Are you better yet, Sugar?

Hi to the rest of you lovelies. I've got to go home and find something low calorie for dinner. Tomorrow is my mammogram day - what fun!!
Old 04-30-2002, 10:43 PM   #19
Member w/ messiest house

It takes a whole day to get a monogram? How can that be? Surely even a big monogram would only take an hour or so? What kind of monogram is this? Are you sure you shouldn't go to someone who can sew a little faster? Nowadays, they have sewing machines that can make monograms automatically. Maybe you should

Ahem. That's mammogram, Emily, not monogram, mammogram.

Oh. Well, that's different.

never mind

I watched the shows about Gilda Radner last night. Can you tell?

Good luck with the squeeze.

Kiwi