3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New Beginnings - Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/154676-new-beginnings-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

djmommy 01-05-2009 08:02 PM

Hi derry, yes it is sad where is everyone??? I will give you the ricotta shake recipe it is up stairs and I do not know the the amounts by heart but I will try. It is also found on the sb recipe site.. I think it is called moca shake or something like that.

1/2 cup of ricotta lf
1/2 cup of skim
van to taste @ 1/4 tsp
spenda...I use less but some people use 3 packets.. I also use truvea now
coco powder, 2 tsp
coffee, non sugar instant I use van swiss instant @ 1 tsp
mix in blender with ice. I always try it before I pour to make sure I do not need sugar. I also have been putting in protien powder in it but found out it is not sb approved. So I need to x that out...

i made a great soup today..
Oil, onion and jalapeno cook until soft, @ 4 cups of chick broth and cut up chick, with @ 2cups of a fresh salsa. Mine had artichokes and other fresh veggies in it. I made it for lunch tom. I must say a little spicy but good. Oh and garlic! Thought I would share that with you...

I did not know tech was having problems with her dh. That is so sad. I need to go back and read the posts. I am glad you are doing well. You had a scare as well. Need to go I will check in tom.. Maybe I can remember to grab the ingredents for the shake. Barb

derrydaughter 01-06-2009 05:55 AM

Ah yes, I remember that shake from what I tried SB a long time ago. It's was good, as I recall. I also took ricotta (as directed in the book) and added splenda and flavorings and had it as a dessert. I'll have to pick up some ricotta at the store next time. I like to do different things now and then.
My daughter (under my direction) made our dinner last night, we had a WW recipe from the cook book "In One Pot" that was chicken, penne pasta, Romano cheese, olive oil, garlic, onion, white wine, chicken broth and artichokes. It was SO good, tasted almost like something you'd get in a restaurant and it was pretty low in points. We both really enjoyed it and I shall make it again. The recipe called for roasted red peppers, but I asked her to leave those out. I enjoy those, but felt the flavor of those would overpower the recipe. I was right, I think, it was great on it's own.
Tonight is my son's "last supper" he has all four impacted wisdom teeth out tomorrow morning. I'm going to see if I can find a "lightened" recipe for some kind of scalloped potato. We shall see, if not I will make over fries. We are going to have ham steaks and green beans other than that.
Lunch, today, might be a big salad with a few cold cuts on top and oil and vinegar. I found some lovely 2 point rolls that I have enjoyed in the past at the grocery store yesterday so that will go nicely with it.
Breakfast might be oatmeal or maybe yogurt and fruit, not sure yet.
I do have to say that I enjoy my carbs and would have big trouble going without them. But, I do try to make my carbs complex and healthy ones lots of the time.

I was so sorry to hear from Tech about her DH, I'm pretty worried where I didn't hear back from her. I know he was going to have chemo and that she felt really positive about it all awhile ago, but have not heard back. I must admit that her priorities are probably NOT with us at this time, and that is understandable.

shelbysmom 01-06-2009 01:19 PM

Happy Belated New Year!!!!!

Hi all I thought if I stayed away long enough you guys would come back....or atleast 2 of you anyway!!lol!
I feel abou the same way on WW,I would almost rejoin to find out what that momentum is all about...I got a thing in the mail for free registration for me and a friend...but I really don't know what to do.....I've been doing my cereal,and I think I will continue that for a while to really jumpstart my weight loss....then maybe do WW again....I'm 196,was down to 194 a couple weeks ago...so I guess 196 is my 2009 starting weight...Atleast I was under 200...and that is a great big accomplishment for me...and I am proud of myself!!!And I'm proud of you guys too!!!! So I guess I'll go and gab Friday

mpaigew 01-06-2009 04:43 PM

Ok, ok, ok.....so another "old-timer" comes back again, for the millionth time, and this time I think I'm up about 10ish lbs. I've really been struggling since earlier this fall; my motivation kind of comes and goes...my will power goes more than it comes, for sure. I feel like I'm on a slippery slope, and if I don't really get it back under control then I will continue to gain.

Dh has also gained back some of what he lost over the spring/summer, so we both restarted WW, together, yesterday. I'm hoping that if one of us stays motivated then we will both stay motivated. We aren't going to meetings right now, though, but we set up a weigh in chart for our weekly at home weigh ins. I hate that every New Years it's the same...I want this to be the year that I finally get to goal weight, and next New Year to not have weight loss on my resolution list!

Linda-If you are in the mood for scalloped potatoes, I just lightened a recipe the other day, and it turned out GREAT!!!! I put it into Mastercook, and it was 3 pts per serving (6 servings/recipe.)
Here is the recipe...
5 large potatoes (I used red this last time, and sliced them with the skin on)
1 1/2 tbsp light margarine
1/4 c. flour
1 3/4 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp light mayo
1 tsp salt

In a saucepan melt margarine and then add flour. Stir to combine (it will be really thick.) Add chicken broth, mayo, and salt. Whisk so that margarine/flour combines with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and continue to heat until it starts to thicken. Pour over sliced potatoes and bake in a crock pot for about 2 hrs. They are really, really good!!!

So what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I have extra lean ground beef out, so I was almost thinking of making sloppy joes.

Hope everyone has a great, op night!

djmommy 01-06-2009 05:25 PM

Hi Trysh... Yes you are doing well. A 21 lost this far.. Oh How I can not wait for that! I am glad you are back too!

I weighed myself this morning..I was not going to however, I needed to since I was eating so good I needed a pat on the back.Well I am down another pd! So 5 so far. I need to change the tracker.

The soup I made was awesome. It was very spicy though so I did not eat much but hey that is good too. My dh tried it and wanted some for dinner. I said no since I need this for lunch this week. Isn't that terrible.. I will make more this weekend and make it a bigger batch.

My food was as followed.
B_ my shake yummy with 2 pieces of turkey bacon
snack. lf cheese
lunch..soup and jello
snack..walnuts and bacon
dinner..fish, califlower mash pot, salad
snack...plain yogurt mixed with van and truvia.

I also got a workout in. and I did weights. I need to stay focused. We have 2 family weddings this summer and I want to look good. Last summer we did as well and I felt huge! I want to pick out a dress and feel great! Also I am doing this for me..I want to live the best life I can for myself..I am not getting any younger and I do want to be healthy....

Chat later Barb

djmommy 01-06-2009 05:27 PM

Oh Hey Paige you must have been in cyber space while I was posting!!! I am glad you are back. Yu are doing great too!

mpaigew 01-07-2009 07:23 AM

Happy Wednesday all! It is not such a nice day here...icy, snowy..yuck. It seems like the work gods are against me every week; I only work three days a week, and it's not good when I have to call in because of weather. We are supposed to be getting at least a 1/2 inch of ice today, and that's not something you want to be out driving in.

Did anyone catch the Biggest Loser last night? I signed up for the Pound for Pound challenge they mentioned. It was so sad to see how heavy everyone on the show this season is. BTW, if you have a Wii and are looking to purchase Jillian Michaels game, don't do it! I had asked dh to get it for me for xmas, and it doesn't work; I can't believe Jillian Michaels even let her name be associated with it. You do all of the motions, but nothing happens with your person on the game...it's SO frustrating. And the game was $50! SUCH a waste of money!!!!! I wish I had read reviews first; it seems like everyone is having that problem.

What is on everyone's menu today?

Breakfast-
Oatmeal-2
Lunch-Smart Ones meal-5
Snack-Popcorn-2
Dinner-homemade pizza-10
veggies-0
Snack-100 cal pk cupcakes-3
Total-22/27

Hope everyone has a great, op day!

djmommy 01-07-2009 05:05 PM

Hi everyone. We did not get the ice here but a little snow. I think north of us got the ice. I just got my hair cut today and brought it back to my natural color. NO highlights...It looks so strange I have not seen my hair like this in 6years. My boys just look at me like oh no moms losing it. But I thought new year new start they can always be added back in so why not!

My menu htis far.
Break- my shake
snack some lf cheese
lunch cup of that spicy soup, walnuts and red peppers with humus
snack..an atkins bar...NOt to happy about that but I was hungry and at a store and was not going home and that was the only thing that looked like it would hold me over. It was a drug store so not much choice.
I also snuck 3 chips..bad bad bad
dinner..huge salad with loaded veggies and chicken
snack homemade hot coco. with only good stuff in it.

Have any of you tried truva I have an like it...

Caht later Barb

shelbysmom 01-09-2009 10:26 AM

TGIF!!!!!!
196....that's the story of my life....I think my body really likes that number!!lol!!Anyway I'm not going to change my ticker because next week I will....will be 194 at least!!! I really gotta get into gear...my niece was wanting to walk here around my neighbor hood..and I'm all for it...but it's so dang cold outside and she's been finishing her basement while her fiancee is "IN THE MOOD" so maybe here in the next month or so..but until then I'm going to start excercising here in the house and maybe go do a little walking with the senior citizens over at the mall....
Well I wanted to ask..Is anybody else upset that Goody's is shutting it's doors? I am ......that's kind of my fave store,and fashion bug..atleast I still have fashion bug...but they don't carry Levi's...we had Dawahares...but they were a little high,and didn't carry plus size,but I still used their layaway plan,lol, for purses and I shopped there for DH occasionally... and now Goody's then I heard on the news that Macy's is closing some stores...before you know it they'll follow suit.but you know what? I was in there before Thanksgiving and like to have fell over at their prices...it was too rich for my blood..so now all we have is JC Penny,Belk Simpson....Fashion Bug...and Maurices..which they did finally start carrying plus size..but I still have never set foot in there since I was 22........sad....that's how long it's been since I could wear regular size clothing........well actully....no that's right cuz then I got prego...and I was 23 when I had DD...then I was a 22 at age 23!!LOL..But I'll go and figure out whether I'm gonna work today or not.....BYE...

derrydaughter 01-09-2009 10:56 AM

Now Shelby's mom, why would you think we'd come back only if you stayed away? People staying away truly has nothing to do with your presence, please don't feel that way.
I think we ALL suffer from lack of motivation and we have peeks and valley's in our weight loss efforts. Sometimes, I know, we ALL get sick of it and we kick up our heels and revert back to our old ways. It's like we are in a constant tug of war.
I'm like that, and from sitting in years of WW meetings, I know I am not alone. This thread, this web site is the same, I think. The same old people all come back, eventually, as we ultimately do with WW meetings and I am so glad that we have this connection to pull us back in. I'm not saying we are failures and there are some who "get it" to totally, lose their weight and we never hear from them again (or they fail and we never hear from them again?) and I wish them well. We need to keep away from the failure word, we are living our lives and it is a GOOD thing if we come back here as we know when we are in trouble and we know where to find each other and find support.
As for me, I lose control. I want to eat all the good/fun foods that cause me to gain weight. But, now and then, I put a stop to it al and here I have a place to return and then I find you all again. Hugs to all!
I have often compared myself to an alcoholic who has gone off the wagon. One or two binges lead to more binges and I keep thinking I can do it on my own and I'll be OK, then I come back here another 4 or 5 pounds heavier. I think most of us tend to be that way. I keep thinking, when I stop being here or stop WW meetings that I have finally "got it" and go off on my own. I do well for awhile and then I find I need help and support, yet again.
Traditionally, this time of year, post-holiday, the majority of us tend to get on that scale with closed eyes, we scrunch up our faces and open our eyes carefully while holding our breath to see how much damage we actually did. Regrets, yeah we have some, but did we have fun and enjoy family, fun, celebration? Yes. Did we feel nostalgic about times of old and over indulge to make ourselves feel better emotionally? Yes.
So, here we are in January. It's a new year and we have new beginnings. People coming and going from here is definitely not you, or me. It's the cycle we all go through with this struggle in our lives that is as fault. I'm just as bad as the next person.
So, here I am. I actually wrote down what I ate for the first time since about August this morning. So, I'm ready and willing to get back on track. I've been having the best intentions for days and weeks and each day, slipping. So, beginning to write it down, yet again, is recognition that I need control in my life and I need a plan. So, will I return to a WW meeting? Maybe.

Paige, darling, I'm so glad you are here and I am up about 7 or 8 pounds. I actually got on the scale this morning and it dipped below 160 for the first time this week so I felt a little more secure. 160 is my absolute danger zone.... when that happens my back goes out and my clothes feel incredibly tight. It's get serious mode. Maybe I'll join you in going back to meetings. How did you like the new plan?
I will copy and try your potato recipe, it sounds good.
Welcome back!

Barb, you are doing well! Hang in!

derrydaughter 01-09-2009 11:15 AM

So, after the big, long posting, just want to add that here is today's eating plan for me:

Breakfast:
Omelette:
sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil, onion, pepper and diced tomato
3/4 c egg whites (the kind in the carton)
FF Mozzarella and about a tsp of grated Romano

Lunch:
WW Garden Vegetable Soup
salad with deli ham, turkey and lite Swiss
1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 whole wheat roll grilled with WW butter spray and garlic salt (like garlic bread)

snack:
apple or pear
popcorn 94% ff micro

Dinner:
Grilled swordfish
pasta with lite margarine (counting points for the margarine) 1 point
peas

Dessert:
WW ice cream sandwich, 2 points

Linda, trying again!!!!

mpaigew 01-09-2009 02:18 PM

Hey everyone...

The last few days have been...ehhhh. Yesterday, I did pretty well eating wise, stayed op. Today I'm doing ok, but just don't feel like "doing it." I'm really bothered about work, even though I'm trying in "real life" to brush it off like it doesn't matter. The cafe where I've been at now for over a year, and thought that I really had the opportunity to grow at is doing really bad financially. Things have been really odd between my boss and I for a good month or so now, so I knew something was up...yesterday she told me that the only way that they can keep me on is by only having me work two 5 hr days a week. I completely knew it was coming, and had already kind of figured things out in my mind. I will actually LOSE money by going to work; my dd's preschool goes up in price if I have her there less than three days a week, so by the time you take out for that, gas, wear and tear on the car....it's not worth it. It just sucks. I really, really love my job, and I love the people that I work with. But if people can't afford to spend $$ on going out to eat, let alone going out to eat and also purchasing a high end dessert....I can't blame my employers for needing to let me go. Today I had so little on my to do list that I was done by 11:30! It used to be that I had to plan to stay an hour late, and even then I could of stayed a few hours later to finish up more. This economy sucks!!!!! It's like...I just spent the last three years working my tush off to get a degree, now I have it, plus thousands of $$$ in school loans...plus our mortgage went up...where can I apply for a "bailout plan?!"

Anyway, so I totally don't feel like being op today. I ended up meeting dh for lunch; we went to Arby's and I got a Marketfresh sandwich, and we split a thing of fries. I have a baby shower to go to tonight, so I am really going to try to be good. It's bring a dish to pass, and I made something that is pretty healthy, so at least I know I can eat that. I was back down 7 (!) lbs this morning, so I really don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for listening....hope you all are having a good day!

shelbysmom 01-09-2009 03:24 PM

Linda~ I didn't mean when I'm here ya'll aren't....what I meant was kinda like a watched pot never boils...and I was here a few time through the holidays and I figured everybody was way to busy with shopping,cooking,family,travel.....so when I didn't get on here for a week and like before I was getting on here everyday and nobody.....anyway that's what I meant....make sense? probably not..I didn't even understand!!LOL
Paige~ Things will get better I really don't know what this world is coming to,DH just went back to work after being laid off for 2 weeks,but we welcomed it with open arms because he's used to being off through the holidays ,but at this new job he was only supposed to have Christmas Day off and New Year's day was pending I think,he's definitely working for a bunch of workaholics now.......You know if you can afford it...I don't know what I wouldn't do up a few business cards and do it for myself instead of someone else.... I do Upholstery...in my MIL's basement....and even though it is nice having a job where you get a weekly paycheck,but sometimes it's better to be your own boss.........if I can make 500.00 in a week recovering a couch compared to 8- 10 bucks an hour recovering that same couch...I think I'll take the 500.00. But I know you gotta count your materials...but once you make a name for yourself...imagine the possibilities......you know?
Anyway I've said my peace and I will go,but I hope I didn't step on a toe or anything...but if it's something that you love to do.....you might as well go into business for yourself....

djmommy 01-09-2009 05:55 PM

HI everyone! Paige sorry to hear your about your job! Things just have to look up in this economy. I t really stinks for a lot of people. So far we are ok, but you never know.

Today was great!!! I am down about 6 pds and tom is my official wi. I feel great and had some cravings yes but today so far so good. I made a great dinner last night. Deep dish squash pizza. The squash was thge crust. Yummy but different. That is my dinner tonight.

I have been planning my meals out ahead of time and it is working for me. I need to write them down this week. I also made soup for my lunches and that is helping me a great deal. So I will do that as well for this week. I really have not had any carbs well bad carbs and it is working for me. I am not really wanting bread either.. The coco at night is actually holding my choc addiction and I have worked out this week. So Things are looking good. I just hope and pray I can maintain this.

My meal for today.
Brakfast...shake, turkey bacon
snack- almonds and string cheese
lunch-applebees salad-shrimp and spinach with lc dressing and a tom soup
dinner- left over squash pizza and salad
snack....hot coco

Thart is it girls chat later Barb

derrydaughter 01-10-2009 08:00 AM

So sorry to read about your job, Paige. I can understand your feelings and we all recognize that times are tough right now. My husband's company is down about 30% in business and he had to lay off two people this week. It hurts all of us, the one doing the laying off and the one laid off. Then morale in the office suffers dreadfully afterwards and people have to work harder.
So, what can we all do as individuals to make things better? I'm not sure but I did like Trysh's thought on going into business for yourself. If people are not eating high end desserts right now, what are they eating? They ARE eating. I know lots of people are staying home and not eating out, but how can that be marketed on? Maybe there is a twist on this that can be something that works.

I don't know, but we need to ALL put on our thinking caps here, Paige is a dear friend and we need to help.

Barb, wow 6 pounds down, great job! I'm still hovering and being really lackadaisical about my efforts. You are inspiring me today! I need to get to work.

Hey Paige, are you still making birthday cakes for kid's parties privately? If not, perhaps you can place a small ad or two in local papers or make flyers to hand out as parents are exiting the school when they pick up kids to do parties for them in their home? If the economy is tough, they maybe are bringing the usual Chuckie Cheese or bowling alley party to their homes and perhaps it would be a big relief to have one of your cakes and maybe you can expand upon that idea and make goodie bags to order?
I'll keep thinking!
In the meantime, I absolutely PROMISE to get on the treadmill today and to journal.