3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New Beginnings - Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/154676-new-beginnings-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

shelbysmom 02-01-2009 05:12 PM

Happy Sunday to everybody...hope your weekends are going good....
Mine is OK...DH had to leave today to go to Louisville to pick uo some boats from a boatshow,he should be home about 7 tonight, I think...I hope...and on Superbowl Sunday of ALL days........I told him if they send him somewhere Valentines day weekend I will twist my foot off in someone's hiney.......Those people have no compassion for anyone and their wives or families.....I wish he would just go back to where he worked before sometimes....in due time though...........
Barb~I'm sorry your DH is put in such a postion to have to lay people off...he must feel awful.....but hopefully things will get better,and these people can get their jobs back....I mean,really,how much worse can it get,it's just like we're in a downward spiral.....one thing counteracts another...and so on.......
Linda~I would like to try that WW garden veggie soup,I have the recipe I just need to go get the stuff.....maybe once I start making a little money I can afford to go buy the stuff I need,I just hate to ask DH sometimes...stuff can get so expensive,we were at walmart Friday and we got a few things we needed...so we went to the produce section and DH about fainted,he said how can they expect people to eat healthier when a 5 lb bag of apples costs almost 6.00....can you believe that? we usually shop at Aldi for our produce it's much cheaper.........so now I gotta go there.....:dizzy:
Well I guess I better go and do something.lol!!Talk later

derrydaughter 02-02-2009 06:22 AM

By the way, all, do you all think this support groups thread is the right place for us? Maybe we should return to the WW thread? Maybe some of our old friends or new buddies might return? I was thinking about restarting this thread as it's taking forever to post now anyway, but I wondered if we belong there?
Votes please!

Also, Trysh, I swear by that soup and it's worth making. One thing I do to save money is to use frozen veggies and also to save leftover veggies in a big zip lock bag in the freezer, not off people's plates but the leftovers that no one selected. I put an assortment of veggies into my soups that way.
I feel thinner today, but that _____ scale isn't really rewarding me much right now. Oh well.
I have a big quilt guild meeting to go to this morning and I am going to bring my own "No Pudge" 2 point brownie to eat and try to stay away from all the goodies they usually have there.

shelbysmom 02-02-2009 04:58 PM

I vote yes Linda...let's do it, I AM GOING BACK TO WW NEXT WEEK...I AM...I AM... I AM... so yes for me AGAIN...that's 2 votes LOL!!

mpaigew 02-03-2009 08:36 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Things here are going well; I woke up feeling thin this morning, which is always a nice start to the day. Last night I resisted cookies and frosting (homemade cookie sandwiches) and ended up going to bed feeling good about my decision not to indulge.

I didn't do too bad on over the weekend, either. I have come down with a bad headcold/sinus infection, so I spent most of the weekend not being able to breath. When you can only breath out of your mouth, the last thing you want to do is stuff it full of food. I did realize on the trip (it's a 4 hr drive) that when we go to Florida in April I am going to HAVE to pack myself a lot of veggies to crunch on. I am a boredom eater, so being in a car for that long with nothing to do leads to eating things that I shouldn't. Plus we are driving through the night, so if I can eat some crunchy veggies while driving, maybe that will help me to stay awake!

Not much else happening here today. My little dd had a flu shot yesterday, and started running a fever last night, so we aren't going anywhere today. I guess that means I should really clean...ugh.

Hope you all have a great, op day!

derrydaughter 02-04-2009 06:55 AM

Before getting into my thoughts, I think I will restart the old thread over in the WW section, but later on or tomorrow. I'm swamped today. Have an all morning meeting and then this afternoon a wake, sadly. I'll be flying all day.
So, here are my thoughts after going to my WW meeting last night:

Well, I worked so hard and then just .4 off. What a bummer. I weighed 164.4 last week and this week 164. Can't even change my tracker. But, I do have to say that in a "normal" WW cycle, .4 is still OK. Yet, this being my first week back, I was hoping for at least a pound.
I'm having a hard time understanding what went wrong.
I did everything according to the WW guidelines, I really did. In terms of a WW person, I was a perfect angel.
The healthy oils, water, whole grains, exercise..... I did it all and ended the week with 6 flex points unused.
So, what went wrong?
This was my first week back to WW since last August. I was what Arnold Schwarzenegger would have called "pumped" in his old days about this and really put my "all" into it. Then, just that .4 off. Blah.

I'm not giving up, but I sure felt badly.
My leader tried to make me feel better by saying the increased exercise probably made me not release the weight, which may be true. But it was a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm still going to fill out my journal, I'm still not giving up. No worries, but it was really a bummer.
Thanks for listening.
She asked us all in the meeting to name one thing that was a challenge/goal for each of us. I told her that my challenge (which is huge) for this week is that we are going away for the weekend to my in-laws for my brother in law's 50th anniversary celebration. This is a huge danger, there will be tons of food, alcohol and I've been asked to make my special carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Paige, I must share that recipe with you one day as it is truly the best carrot cake, ever. But, I would have to say that each piece is probably 20 points. I will never compromise and make this cake with substitutes to bring down the calorie content and this cake is a masterpiece that is made for special occasions and it is meant to be served with glory, if that makes sense. One can exercise and shave points other places, but this cake is not negotiable. I don't have to have a huge piece and I will try very hard to make up for it elsewhere.
So, my leader's answer to this challenge I have is that I should vow to write everything down. I think she is right. Usually, when we travel and there are lots of foods and temptations, I give up and just try to be a bit "better" than usual. I figure I'm lost anyway, so don't write things down. But, here and now and last night at the meeting I said I would write it down. So, even if it's not a good result, I have to face the music and I shall write what I bite!

shelbysmom 02-06-2009 09:33 AM

"WRITE WHAT I BITE" hmmm Good slogan and WW should use that in their commercials and all the leaders should be trained to say that!!! That's a good one Linda!! That will stick with me forever....:hug:
Well TGIF every body!! the last day od the work week,I've been busy finishing the couch and chair that I shoud've finished last week,but couldn't because I had mouth pain.....ugh.... and I've also been busy dealling with a thrown out back,which has really slowed me down and now I have to work Saturday to get the furniture finished so we can bring a boat in to start on.....sigh......my back still is soooo sore and it's still out...I can't stand very long, so there for I have to sit down to rest my upper back because of the strain on it where my lower back is out....sigh again,if it isn't one thing for me it's usually another......but on a more positive note...I weighed 193 this week....1 more lb down....unbelievable....I weighed Wednesday,I don't know,like paige said," I felt lighter" that day so I weighed and I was.....so I'm counting it,changing the ticker and the whole 9 yards!lol! 185 isn't that far away,but it is...does that make any sense? Just 8 lbs,sounds so easy,but then I look at how long it took me to get from 201 to 193...like forever....but I'm still proud because to be honest if you had tols me several months ago that I would be under 200 come the first of 2009 and that in fact 193 today,I would have said you were crazy............:p and to add to the excitement....I really retain water about a week before I start and it's getting about the time,it was on the 15th of last month so I don't have too much longer to go....and I so dread it with V-Day on Saturday....sigh,sigh,sigh,and sigh....
Linda~ You'll get it girl...who knows you may be down 2 or even 3 lbs next week....or more!! wouldn't that be awesome?!?!?!? Do you eat yogurt? I'll just tell ya,that's what I did this week different than any other week,well except for the oats,that was different also...Yoplait sugar free yogurt every day,and sugar free oats for breakfast..and both are awesome!!!apple turnover in the yogurt is so good...but my fave is key lime pie,oh and that banana cream pie is good too!!
SO I guess I'll go for now go slave for a while and I have to put downy in my clothes!!LOL talk later

derrydaughter 02-06-2009 09:57 AM

Ladies, I'm running really short on time, please check out the new thread, back on the WW forum!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163801

C-ya there!
Hugs,
Linda