3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slim Down Sisters: Frolic into FALL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/152119-slim-down-sisters-frolic-into-fall.html)

Rosario 09-22-2008 04:07 PM

Slim Down Sisters: Frolic into FALL

New season, new thread!!

Sorry about the cheesy title, but I missed out on the creativity gene. lol

Everybody welcome!!!

Rosario 09-22-2008 04:09 PM

I'm coming back from a not-so-good weekend. Ate lots, and moved none. But today's a brand new day. Besides, I checked my blood pressure last night at one of those kiosks and it said I'm prehypertension. scary. i've got to start taking care of myself more. I just read this story about a man who was cut in 2 and is still living and doing stuff. That's sad. Here I am with no physical defects and I'm just throwing it away. Kind of scary what we take for granted. :(

courtnie - sucks about the job, but awesome on the tickets! youre apps sopind yummy. Wish I would start cooking more. Just the word epilator sounds painful. I hate hair!

aimee - i hear ya. sticking to what works for you. and that definitely makes it hard when you go over to people's houses. hmm....that's a toughie. maybe we can talk about it more when I get to that situation. However, I'm not cutting out anything really so I know you got it way tougher than I do. WTG on the smaller clothes!!! (I wish i was in that size!!!)

shari - what's new??

:wave:

JasonsLea 09-22-2008 09:30 PM

:wave: gals!

Damn, this year has FLOWN by! WI is tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that it's good. Things are slowly getting back to normal, at least in my apartment. Still hoping and praying for a better position.

Rosario 09-22-2008 11:13 PM

shari - good luck at weigh in! and hopefully something comes up at the job. yes the year did go by so fast - its going to be haloween already! scary!!

didnt get to work out today. i was just sooo lazy when i got home. i think its the commute thats killing me. driving gets me superlazy and sleepy. grrr...im hoping to wake up early to get a workout in. wish me luck!!

SwimGirl 09-23-2008 09:12 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread!! I can't believe its fall, yuck! It's very cold here... so I'm not too excited about it.

Busy day for me today, I am in makeup school from 9am - 5pm, and then tonight I am off to a lounge for a product launch. I hope not to stay too late since the phone rang this morning at 5am!!! Someone from josh's work. I am off to shower and get on with my day! Have a good one ladies!

Also - still going pretty good with no sugar/wheat!

-Aimee

hsmomx2 09-23-2008 09:13 AM

Ro- May weekend eating wasnt good either. I celebrated my birthday from Friday to Sunday! Dh took Friday off work too. Thanks for getting a new thread started. I've still got to go back and read up on what I've been missing. Did you get your workout this morning.

Shari- A better job will come even though it seems like it's taking it's precious time. Hang in there!

Well, today I'm getting back on track. I've already accepted the fact I will probably gain at weigh in on Thursday. Oh, well next weeks will be better since I'm going to be back on track today. I hope everyone is off to a great start for today. Remember you have the chance to make better decision every minute. Don't forget to get your water in gals. I've already got one 16.9 down and working on another one.

JasonsLea 09-23-2008 07:11 PM

Unfreakingbelieveable! For the first time in a LONG time, I've had a loss this morning! Down 2 lbs! Not only that, I got a email from a customer service company called West offering me a work at home position! I put in for it like two months ago and totally forgot about it!

JasonsLea 09-23-2008 07:40 PM

Oh yeah, I did a little grocery shopping today too. I'm such a fiber whore, seriously. If it doesn't have a good amount of fiber, I won't get it (well besides yogurt and milk!). I brought:
  • those new High Fiber Quaker oatmeal squares (210 cals, 4g fat, 10g fiber)
  • the new Chex Mix chocolate chunk bars (140 cals, 3g fat, 2g fiber....not as much fiber as I usually like but hey, I had a coupon)
  • Betty Crocker twice backed potatoes (220 cals, 7g fat, 6g fiber)
  • egg rolls
  • Baked Cheetos
  • sliced deli ham
  • sparkling water
  • beef jerky
  • Yoplait yogurt
  • Fiber One yogurt
  • Lean Pockets

SwimGirl 09-24-2008 01:25 AM

hsmom - we posted within a minute of each other! Although over here it was 6am, yuck! Glad to hear you are getting some motivation to get on plan! And yes, every minute, every meal provides with new opportunities to do better!

Shari - I don't know how you work two jobs! Thats so crazy! I hope this job works out for you :) you know what I tried instead of beef jerky? Turkey bites, sorta like pepperonis, but So yummy! Lower in calories and way lower in fat! My shopping list is pretty depressing when I'm on this plan.. so the other day I went shopping for this..
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes
- cucumber
- baby spinach
- LOTS of broccoli
- 1 orange
- eggs
- egg whites
- low fat ricotta cheese
- fat free plain yogurt
- strawberries
- turkey pepperoni's
- almonds
- 1% milk

boring right??

So today was makeup school, what I learned? I actually know a lot!! I just need the confidence. I learned that I know how to do a smokey eye, infact I have kind of mastered it. I am quite proud of this :) We did a navy smokey eye on me, well someone else did my makeup, she did a pretty crappy job. I was disappointed. And then tonight I went to a product launch, I sat in a lounge, drank martini's and ate appies.. long day though! I looked pretty darn fabulous, if I do say so myself. I was wearing black dress pants with a boot cut, pointy toe shoes, black shirt with a CUTE neckline and a classy flower print on one side and this cute little black jacket. Black was the theme, gotta hide my fat.. lol.. and I lived thru the entire day with a migraine!! And now I gotta get to bed before I pass out..

-Aimee

hsmomx2 09-24-2008 09:38 AM

Shari- I hope the thing with West works out. Don't you just love a good surprise.

Aimee- Your working is interesting to me and I enjoy hearing about it. I don't wear makeup very offen maybe once or twice a year.

Ro- Is your area having as hard a time as ours with being able to find a gas station with gas? Barrett Parkway doesn't have a gas station one that dh can get gas from!

Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I know I'm going to have a gain from partying this weekend away since it was my birthday. This morning I ate a big healthy breakfast (lunch foods with a coffee). Since I normally eat a big dinner I thought I would reverse it today so I'll have all day to burn off the calories. I'm going to try and get 15-30 minutes of a workout in carefully. I think I over did it on the bike the other day to my right knee.

hsmomx2 09-24-2008 10:55 AM

My grocery shopping on Friday included:
bananas
fat free milk
soymilk
Ground white Turkey
Turkey sausage links
chicken breast
Progresso soup
creme horns (dh's I can't stand them)
crab meat
pepperoni
black olives
mushrooms

Rosario 09-24-2008 11:22 AM

hsmomx2 - you know I keep hearing about people having trouble finding gas. My bf's BIL couldnt find any in Marrietta. But I haven't really noticed gas stations near me being empty. I drive from Lawrenceville to Dunwoody and I haven't really seen any empty stations. Maybe because I don't need gas yet. I filled up on Sunday night and that'll last me til the week's end. Happy Late B-day!! So what are you doing for workouts??

aimee - I have yet to come out with a good smoky eye. I try and I try and it never really comes out the way I want it to. I got close once! I think its because of my eyelid. Idk to get off topic, whats your favorite martini? (everybody answer this!!). I've tried only 2 i think..the appletini and a pomegranate one. The appletini has definitely been the best so far.

shari - i dont buy groceries anymore so I dont have a shopping list :( Congrats on your loss!! It's always nice to see the scale going down. That's really good about the job. It'd be awesome working from home. Make sure it's not one of those companies that you have to send money to though. Those cos are kinda fishy.

I for the life of me cannot get myself to freaking work out. I'm just so lazy when i get home from work. It's not that I don't have energy, its just that I don't have the energy to start something. Even tennis, which I love playing and I know isn't boring. Grr!! I don't know what's wrong with me. Well, yea I do. I'm just being a lazy bum!! I'm trying to get out of this funk but can't seem to do it (hmmm....can't or won't??) Help me!!!

Rosario 09-24-2008 11:22 AM

:wave:

SwimGirl 09-24-2008 12:25 PM

hsmom - I find the makeup industry interesting - we'll see how long I stay in it though. Our company is going thru a change towards having less and less staff working, and so the customer service aspect is changing dramatically. We don't have time to do makeup on people for the most part, and if we do, we have to forgo the other parts of our job. It's sad really. GL on WI tomorrow if we don't talk before then! I can't imagine a shortage of gas, that sounds crazy to me!

Rosario - the key to a smokey eye is lining on the inside, as well as making sure you bring in the shadow from the top and use an eyeliner brush to smudge from the middle of the eye outwards, over top and a little below your liner. My fav martini, hmm, good question! Right now? I'd say Caramel Apple Martini - I can even make them at home. We sometimes go to our friends place to have martini parties, so much fun! I've tried too many to count, yikes! What you need to do is force yourself to workout, and do that for a couple of days and you'll get into the swing of things again! I remember when I'd come home work and workout do that I'd have more energy! I forget that feeling, so sad.. I need to get back into working out too.

Today I want to do anything but go to work. I am tired, still have a slight headache from yesterday.. I am living in denial right now. Yesterday I wasn't 100% on plan, but I think I made the smartest decisions I could. Breakfast I was feeling pretty barfy, so I just had coffee and fruit. Lunch was provided, I had a HUGE salad and half a wrap. The wrap wasn't part of the plan, but I limited it as best I could. And when they served dessert? I went for a walk with a friend! No juice, no pop! :) I snacked on almonds on my way to the product launch, and when I got there they had appies, so I had like 3 mini quiches, 1 beef kabob, 2 incredibly small turkey sandwiches, they were literally 2 inches across! When I got home last night I thought I was gonna die of hunger, so Josh bought me a sandwich and 7up, I ate them anyways... bad me! But today I'm back at it! And now I have to go eat breakfast!

-Aimee

hsmomx2 09-24-2008 12:44 PM

Ro- For my movement today, I'm going to do the wii fit or walking. I'm not sure yet. I've never had a martini. I wonder how ya'll don't have a shortage there. Even with the gas shortage around here and in Kennasaw dh is going to Roswell to look for another job. They started firing people at his work last week that was hourly now they just sent home all the office ladies. The pay roll lady told the techs there's not enough to even pay them this week! Hopefully dh will have a new job by the end of the day or next week.

Aimee- Yesterday, you may not of been on plan 100%, but look at all the better choices you did make. Change happens a little at a time not over night so you still deserve a pat on the back. Keep it up.

Shari- WTG on the weight loss.

Since all of us seem to be struggling with exercise, would ya'll like to do some exercise and post what we did? We can help each other get into the habit of working out or start one. What do y'all say are you gamed?