Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING STEEL MAGNOLIA FRIENDS

I had a nice post already to go and "poof" into cyberspace it went and now I don't have the energy nor the inclination to retype it all. You would think that by now I would have learned to copy what I had written, but did I do it ~ nope. But I do have the inclination to shout about my weight loss for I did stick to my plan this last week and it did work and I did show a nice loss of
4 #'s. Now that is a happening for me, who tends to take it of in much smaller amounts. That spurs me on to have another good OP week for sure.

Have a wonderful day everyone and I will type at you later.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful WARM (80 degrees!) day in my corner of the world! I love it! Today was a good day until the rowdy class, and then good afterwards. Our mobile computer lab came today; the computers are about the size of a small telephone book and do not look very sturdy. Their "cupboard" is on wheels and each computer fits in a slot with it's own plug. Knowing the kids that will be using them I just hope they last the semester. We have a leak in our upstairs bathroom tub plumbing which is dripping into the downstairs bathroom. We had an access door in our bedroom which we enclosed when we put the new tub in, so will have to cut a hole in the wall to get at the plumbing. At the time the plumber said none of the new houses put in access doors so we enclosed it along with the walk through door from our bedroom. I will have to move a lot of STUFF before anyone can get close to the wall.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you enjoyed your trip even if you got wet and didn't win the BIG money. It's always nice to get away. So far our GPS is working fine; we haven't been anywhere to really test it though. At least it stays "on" and moving which is more than it did before.

Maggie -- Congrats on the GREAT loss! That is definitely something to motivate you to stay OP! I never save my posts either and have had them disappear into thin air.

It's time to call my "mom" so had better do that before I forget. Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #18  
Web Nana

Maggie You certainly deserve an award for that loss. It is even better when it comes after a time of small losses. You are a strong and steady dieter or rather an appropriate eater. My latest effort began at the end of May and I did expect a steady drop just because I was making a drastic change in my eating habits. So far I have lost 20#'s and have only 5#'s to go to reach my doctor's goal. I won't be thin by any means but I already feel so much better and have much more energy on a daily basis. I think you know I am watching my carbs but also keeping track of calories, fat, and sodium. I have only had a couple of hungry periods and thus I feel extremely fortunate.

Faye I am glad you had a good time despite the change of destination and the weather. I think that you and Jack are much like my Jack & I... you make your own good time.

Jean Your school days are not boring to say the least. I just don't know how kids can be so careless of their entire lives seeing that their future starts now.

Gail, Susan I hope you are both well and surviving the rains that seem to coming and coming.

Gloria
Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies! Cool 72 degrees and raining; supposed to be that way the rest of the week. Gosh, next Monday is the first day of Autumn. The year is flying by.

Faye, I'm glad you had a good time even though you didn't get to go to the game. Good to have you back. I look forward to seeing the next hat.

Jean, I don't know how you can put up with those kids. I'd be in jail the first day. My hat is off to you. Sorry about that leak in the bathroom, doesn't sound like any fun to get it fixed. You sure have had your water problems for this year.

Maggie, Woohoo! Congratulations on the 4 pound loss - way to go!

Last night was our first night of bible study. I really look forward to this. We ended up with 105 people signed up so we break out in groups of 15 for discussion. It's really good to see so many people, of all ages, come together for this. We also have some non-Catholics who are coming. It's open to anyone. Our bible does have 7 more books than the Protestant bible so the church is lending them bibles so they will have the same version as we do.

I went to the doctor for my knee today. He is pleased with it and I'll be having physical theraphy for 3 weeks to get it working correctly and strengthened again. I just want to be rid of the brace.

Tomorrow night is quilting bee so that will be fun.

Have a good evening.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #20  

Good evening, ladies! Cool 72 degrees and raining; supposed to be that way the rest of the week. Gosh, next Monday is the first day of Autumn. The year is flying by.

Faye, I'm glad you had a good time even though you didn't get to go to the game. Good to have you back. I look forward to seeing the next hat.

Jean, I don't know how you can put up with those kids. I'd be in jail the first day. My hat is off to you. Sorry about that leak in the bathroom, doesn't sound like any fun to get it fixed. You sure have had your water problems for this year.

Maggie, Woohoo! Congratulations on the 4 pound loss - way to go!

Last night was our first night of bible study. I really look forward to this. We ended up with 105 people signed up so we break out in groups of 15 for discussion. It's really good to see so many people, of all ages, come together for this. We also have some non-Catholics who are coming. It's open to anyone. Our bible does have 7 more books than the Protestant bible so the church is lending them bibles so they will have the same version as we do.

I went to the doctor for my knee today. He is pleased with it and I'll be having physical theraphy for 3 weeks to get it working correctly and strengthened again. I just want to be rid of the brace.

Gloria, glad to see you with us!

Tomorrow night is quilting bee so that will be fun.

Have a good evening.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Steel Magnolias #38 is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151732
Closed Thread