Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 10:06 AM   #31  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was a VERY stressful day. Had to take the day off to study for the stats exam last night. Not sure it helped, though I think if I pass this one, I will count myself lucky...

And yes, as I was driving home last night, the snow started to fall - again. By the time I got home, it was mini blizzard conditions, and they are continuing today. On top of that, our son and his girlfriend were coming for the weekend (13 hour drive for them). They were supposed to leave after work last night, stop halfway, then finish the trip today. They just forgot to stop, so drove through this bad weather all night and arrived at 5 am. By the way, the monster dog came with them. I will have to watch when they leave and make sure that he goes, too. The last time our son left, we were away and came home to find that he had left the dog for us to look after.

I also missed going to the gym this morning when the kids arrived. Soooo, I am trying to figure out how to fit a workout in over the weekend.

I need to WI today, but haven't had the time yet. Will do later and report how it goes.

CJ - Way to go on the lb. It is a ne start for you and I know you can make it a continuing one. Keep it up and let us know how you are doing.

Carolyn - Woohoo. Way to go on the weight loss. Here's hoping that the partying isn't going to affect your weight loss next week.

Jo - So sorry to hear about your bird. Having recently put down our old cat, I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry about what others think about your attachment to your pet...they are a part of your family and bring you cheer in ways that humans just can't fulfill. It is hard to let go of the pets that you have loved for so long, but you also know that when they are suffering it is not pleasant for them. Thinking of you. Take care.

Well, I will pop back later to let you know how the WI goes. Have a happy weekend.

Cheers.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:53 PM   #32  
Conquering with SBD

Well, I'm posting again to let everyone know how distastrous my WI was today. Last week I lost .5 pounds and was OP for 1 day out of the 7. This week, I gained 2 pounds and was OP for the past 5 days.

However, knowing how stress affects my metabolism, especially since I know I did not do well on my exam last night, I should be thankful that it is only 2 pounds. If my weight increases over the weekend, I will definately need to go back to the dr. Monday for a 'stress' shot. Hopefully, by next week I will be down under the 130 pound mark again. I just can't seem to get there and stay there.

Be going now. I have a project to do today and I want to go home early this afternoon. I've just plain had enough of this week.

Have a good weekend. Talk on Monday unless I get a chance this weekend.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:21 PM   #33  
CH

Peggy - Stop take a deep breath and count to 10. You've had a bad week. Stress can do many things to us. Don't let it get you down. I had a great loss this week and then have done nothing since then except eat!!!!! I don't know why except like you I think it's stress. I think I need a "stress" shot too. What is a stress shot????
Maybe the snow will go away and you can get out more and feel better. I hope so. Take care.
I'll be back later ....................Carolyn
Old 04-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #34  
Conquering with SBD

Happy Monday. The weather here is still cold, but the sun if shining. Snowed again last night, but at least we didn't get too much.

This weekend was disastrous once again. Our son arrived on Friday morning, so the food this weekend was out of control. The other son came over last night (with on of his roommates) for supper. They like to sponge a good meal once in a while. Usually they eat out of a can, or order in.

BUT, this morning I woke up bright and early, went to the gym for a workout (even though I didn't feel like it), and am ready to stay OP for the rest of the week. Still need to get my stats assignments done by midnight tomorrow, so the pressure is still on. That shouldn't be too bad though, they are just about done.

Carolyn - I have a problem with stress where I produce a chemical that shuts my metabolism down when I am under personal stress. Work stress doesn't bother me, just personal stress. When I am under stress, I can gain 10 - 20 pounds over night and not eat anything. When this happens, I get a shot from the doctor that counteracts the chemical that I produce. I just call those my stress shots.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and and great OP week ahead. Take care.

Luv,
Old 04-30-2002, 10:42 PM   #35  
CH

Good Evening Ladies - I'm not even going to tell you the weather here, except I'm thinking about building an ark. Lot of tornadoes in the neighborhood. My DIL works for Red Cross and she has been sent to Providence, KY for the week.

Had WI today and lost 1/2 lb. After a good loss last week I am not unhappy with this. I've been on plan for awhile now and have finally lost all the weight that I had gained over the last 3 months. Hope I can keep it upl

Peggy - I had never heard of those shots but I wish you well with them. Stress plays lots of games with us. It's one of those things that makes me mad because I can't control it.

Have to go and get things ready for school tomorrow. Everyone stay healthy. Carolyn
Closed Thread