3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   "CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB" -- Fall 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/150590-crazy-canuks-cluck-club-fall-2008-a.html)

meowee 09-01-2008 12:03 PM

"CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB" -- Fall 2008

Hi Crazies . . . . . .

FALL is definitely 'in the air' and although it doesn't officially start until the 21/22, Labour Day always seems like the beginning of Autumn to me . . . so here we are with a brand new thread . . .

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :grouphug:

meowee 09-01-2008 12:07 PM

Hope everybody finds our new spot . . . :yes:

The weather around here continues to be wet -- yesterday was really dreadful -- today doesn't look too much better.

mollymom 09-01-2008 12:20 PM

I am a C(razy)C(anuck) too! I live in Sarnia, Ontario..which means I can get the best of both worlds so to speak. I can run across the bridge(depending on the backups...can be stuck up to an hour if you don't time it right) to Port Huron Michigan to find good stuff people talk about.

I may B**** about winter...but I wouldn't want to be a citizen of any other country....unless of course there is a warm one with a stable government, good jobs and AC when it gets hot! That is my unattainable dream...with a house with a pool, a beach and open to the wonderful weather where it never rains...never hurricanes etc. If you know of such a place please let me know....I am currently debating my retirement options!

I hate hate hate winter. I am very conscious that this is now September and it is all downhill from here, until April...which at least in my part of the country (banana belt of southern ontario) is enough to give one a breath of hope that this(winter) will end!

I fight so hard in the winter to keep on any sort of program. When it is dark, I just want to go to bed, which in my part of the planet could be around 5PM! I crave carbs, I just want to sleep, I don't want to work out! Did I mention I HATE WINTER?

i am still trying 09-01-2008 12:36 PM

Hi there,
I am new to this thread. I live in Ottawa and right now the weather is amazing for the first time all summer. there's only one problem, i am a teacher and return to work tomorrow so dont get to fully enjoy the sun :(

I find that the fall is the best time for me to stay focused, (or get focused lol) on my plan. Since my routine is getting back to normal after two months off I finally have an eating routine, and workout routine again. Can't wait to chat with you all. I'm heading outdoors to get in some relaxing before the chaos for the first day of school in grade 2!!

meowee 09-01-2008 01:02 PM

:welcome: to both of you Banana Belters . . . :lol: . . . I'm originally from Ontario -- born in Toronto and my last 10 years (before moving down east) was in Kitchener.

Fall is my favourite season -- love both the temperatures and the colours -- too bad it means Winter will be along shortly. Since I'm an old retired person now, Winter doesn't seem so bad because I don't have to go out in it unless I want to.

cdnwebgurl1 09-01-2008 01:36 PM

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood....

Hi All:

I was out last night way past my bedtime of 9 p.m. as hubby and I and some friends went to the largest Ribfest in Canada - the Burlington Ribfest. We did not eat any ribs - we actually went for the music and were not disappointed. It was a spectacular night on the Shores of Lake Ontario.

The chairs were a little uncomfortable but after we paid $2 for the shuttle between parking and the event site, there was no other costs invloved unless you wanted to buy something.

I am still working up to being around crowds of people and this is only my second event where there have been crowds of people. Overcoming fears is really hard but I am trying really hard to face the fear and do it anyway.

Today dawned through a bright and cloudless sky with fab temperatures and little humidity.

Hope everyone's day is going well all of you,

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1:hug:

RealCdn 09-01-2008 02:32 PM

You know, every year I talk about going. I've even had a couple of invitations from a friend who lives in the downtown area. So I could go park at her place and we could all walk over. Somehow I never get around to it. Who knows, one of these years... :)

(I live in Burlington, so you think it would be easier.)

JuliaDH 09-01-2008 02:47 PM

We missed the CNE this year so we are taking the kids to Western Fair in London. Never been before!

Ruthxxx 09-01-2008 02:55 PM

I'm not in the "banana belt" but in eastern Ontario fairly close to Ottawa in the beautiful Rideau Lakes region.

I am currently trying to blank out the thoughts of winter and trying to suck the juice out of these last few summer days! I'm also trying to avoid thinking of winter although the lads come tomorrow to clean out the chimney in my woodstove. Hmmm - time to order more firewood?

meowee 09-02-2008 08:36 AM

Good Morning . . . :wave:

How can you tell that the last long weekend of Summer '08 has passed into history -- this morning the sun is shining, that's how. :lol: Doesn't really matter to this ORF, but I feel sorry for those that had their last weekend of freedom before the start of school ruined by Mother Nature.

Glad to hear that her DS Gustav has fizzled out; not so glad to hear that her lastest DD Hannah is picking up steam -- especially since 'they' are saying she might be annoying us in NS by the coming weekend. Hey, a lot can change between now and then.

Hope everybody else is having a good day . . . try to keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee 09-03-2008 09:21 AM

:wave:

JuliaDH 09-03-2008 09:25 AM

:flow1:Good Morning:flow1:

Ruthxxx 09-03-2008 04:30 PM

Sheesh, Julia, that's hard to read. I needed to put on my dark glasses. :lol:

It sure is a warm one today! The dogs are campaigning for me to re-fill their wading pool but I'm holding out as it's all cleaned up and ready to be stashed for winter.

Did a shop at Wally-World today. It sure was quiet compared to last week. No squalling kids or stressed out parents. I picked up an assortment of quilting fabrics for my Block of the Month class that starts this Saturday. I am doing a Be Attitudes Quilt with 12 applique blocks. That should keep me out of trouble this winter as we do two per month. Our minister isn't leaving but will be one of these years and this will be a great gift for her. Anybody else quilt besides Meowee who has taught me a lot?

Hort Society meeting tonight so I have to figure out something coolish to wear as it'll sure be hot in the upstairs room of the Community Centre.

Hope your Hump Day went well.

meowee 09-04-2008 10:30 AM

Hi there . . . :wave:

Took four tries to get to the internet this morning -- but, obviously, I made it. :lol: A friend gave me a number for a local ''wizard" to call so I don't have to lug the thing in to Staples and leave it there. so far . now answer, but my guess is that he actually works somewhere and only does computer stuff on the side so I'll try again this evening.

Supposed to be a sunny day today -- so far it's been raining. :shrug: Hopefully things will improve this afternoon. Tomorrow night we start to see heavy rain from Hanna -- oh joy.

Ruth and I are very different quilters. She favours the more intricate applique work and I'm all about quicker methods of piecing. We are the same in that we both prefer quilts to blankets. This is a hobby with room for all. :yes:

Be interesting to hear if we do have any other quilters on this thread. Actually, even if you are not a quilter, do let us know what kind of handiwork type of stuff you do -- as well as quilting, I knit, and crochet, and do cross-stitch, and, of course, also make most of my own clothes, and have been known to do some tole-painting too.

Okay, guess I'd better get myself moving and shaking around 3FC while I've still got an internet connection. See you later . . . :carrot:

meowee 09-05-2008 07:49 AM

:wave:

Looks like another gloriously nice day today . . . after that, who knows, Hanna is supposed to 'caress' us late Saturday/early Sunday.

The desk-top has an appointment for this afternoon about 3 . . . add to the time estimate from the 'wizard-guy' of 5 or 6 hours in his shop plus another hour or two when he brings it back, the fact that it is the weekend, and the fact of the coming sorm, (with possible power outages), I have absolutely no idea when I will get back on-line. :dizzy:

See you, eventually . . . :lol: