3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   "Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Simple addition spells success!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/149903-every-day-21-day-challenge-simple-addition-spells-success.html)

Shy Moment 09-28-2008 01:33 PM

For those of you who have wondered where I have been, I DO NOT want to hear you all needed the break :). We had a death in the family and of course I was elected to get everyone into town from out of state and get the hotel reservations and so forth for 50 people. I wasn't even asked lol his mother just said, " Ask Rennie what needs to be done, lol "Then of course was the coordination of getting people from airports to hotels and to the banquet hall and so forth and so on. Three days of talking with everyone all over the country ( very hard since I am painfully shy off the net ) that I don't even know ( his family ) and then trying to get people who live in the state to pitch in and help get people where they needed to be has really taken its tole on me. Everything came off very well and we had over 100 people there. I was really grateful that people really pitched in when they saw I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't stuck doing everything for the three days when it came to keeping the food dishes full and everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Really have no idea why everyone asks me everything lol. This family has big doos about everything that happens in the family one would think they could do all this without much thought lol. I of course did not eat on plan but am happy that when I weighted myself this morning I didn't gain any weight. No gain is a loss right lol. I have been very sick again. This bronchitis is really getting me down. I go back to the doc tomorrow. No exercise of course, just walking up or down a flight of stairs makes me have to sit for 20 min to catch my breath. This of course will pass and I will be right as rain. I just wish the sun would hurry and come out and it would stop being partly cloudy lol.

I am going to have to start my challenges over. I haven't been eating right and I haven't been able to exercise. I am going to wait a few days until I can at least walk up and down a flight of stairs without having to sit for 20 min to catch my breath.

beachluvr79 09-28-2008 06:34 PM

Arabella - giiirrll! I put a special hook up for my dress! :) The only thing I worry about are my arms. the sleeves are VERY tight. We shall see.

Hi Shy! Glad you are back, and I'm very sorry to hear about the death in your family. All of that on top of your being sick! I hope you get to feeling better very soon.

jolly - good luck on your race. I wish I could get a trainer. I have no idea if what I'm doing is right. I've tried to read as much as possible on the net, but you get so much conflicting information and who knows what is correct. The gym I go to is a city recreational facility. It's only $50 a year. So there aren't any trainers.

Red - OMG! Maybe the japanese restaurants over here are different, but it's like a 4 course meal, LOTS of rice. You could easily get 3 meals out of it. I ate most of it there, and then I ate the rest at home later that night, I justified it by saying I didn't want it in the house the next day.

I went to a bar last night to watch the game. And I didn't smoke! It was my first real test. Very excited for myself. :)

My Challenges - As of Saturday
6 Days Complete-Stay within my daily WW Points - 2 Pauses
19 Days Complete-Stop Smoking - 0 Pauses
6 Days Complete-Gym 7 Days a week - 2 Pauses

jollygirl 09-28-2008 10:18 PM

Thanks Beachlvr. RAce went well. My mother, however, is upset with me that she couldn't find me in a crowd of 12,000. My fault, of course.

I would check out if other gyms have postings for trainers. You might be able to find one reasonably for a few sessions. I was lucky to meet mine a few years ago when she was teaching classes at the gym, and she gives me a good rate.

The insanity continues. My sister and I have decided to try and do another 1/2 marathon in 6 weeks :fr: I am certifiable.

Have a good night all :wave:

modcat44 09-29-2008 12:12 AM

Hi Guys! :wave:

Shy--sorry about your loss and your being the family planner! Sounded like a BIG to do! But glad you are back now and you'll be back on track in time!

Jolly--I am NOT a runner, but have just started trying to do a little b/c of the fantastic fast cardio results. (And would like to re-shape my legs at least a bit....) I did the Labor Day 5K challenge and yesterday, ran a 5K on the treadmill (jog/walk) for 40.30 min. My goal is to get under 40 minutes.
Today did yoga followed by a 2.5 mile treadmill WO. There is an actual 5K race--the Turkey Trot--coming up here in Santa Cruz that I want to try to do. (So many outdoor enthusiasts here, I really should be taking advantage of the many races, etc.) I hope I won't embarrass myself!

:congrat: beach on your NSV at the bar! On a similar note--today is Football Overload Sunday, and I did not have any bad food, nor any alcohol!
Weird--I took the no alcohol off my challenges, and now I don't feel like I want it--haven't had any in a week or more! :rolleyes:

Apple- alittlecomputermalfunction?? :comp: :D

miriam--you probably do have small bones and very lean muscle mass--just think how hot you will look (again) when some more excess insulation comes off! On the other hand, I will NEVER be a petite, cute, little girl--haven't been since I was 6! But I am determined to be a tall-ish, curvy, pretty-hot-for-her-age woman! We can do it!! :yes:

Arabella--I don't know if I will ever get some of those :yoga: poses down! I am NOT flexible, nor can I bend like the others in my class. I cannot sit my butt on the ground when I splay out my bended legs on either side (sorry I don't know all the names for the poses yet), nor can I do that darn Swan posture (that's what our instructor calls it, one bent knee up at an angle, one leg straight back, trying to sit on butt). And will I ever be able to touch the floor without bent knees, much less place palms FLAT on the floor??? :?:

RED--Welcome back! :dancer: So glad you have a good attitude it seems. As long as we can laugh at ourselves--we'll be ok.
My dogs--well, I have a 15 yr-old husky mix and a 7 yr-old half Shiba Inu/half Pointer mix (both from shelters) and the :queen: of them, or rather, the boss, is my 3 yr-old Shiba Inu. She is my second purebred Shiba, and such a character! My old girl has some hearing and sight issues, and certainly arthritis, but is in remarkably good shape for her age and the vet is always surprised how sprightly she still is. My 7 yr-old boy is our first male ever--he is soooo mellow and loving and really is the best one, temperament-wise. I don't know why we never had boys before.

They are my children, my family since my hub and I are DINKS (double income, no kids). And since moving away from other family, I am so grateful to have them. Besides, I love animals--for awhile I was thinking to be a vet. I love cats also--but hub allergic pretty badly to them :cry: And I had 2 horses that I showed all through junior high, HS and college. :love:

redballoon 09-29-2008 08:27 AM

quickie...

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, just a quickie here. Home, cooked and must get to bed if I want to be up at 4:30 a.m. Did REAL well today. Got to the gym before work and at work didn't eat much at all. Had some stuff I brought from home. Pretty healthy. Resisted smoking and drinking, even though it was tempting. Hurrah for me!

jolly -- Sounds like you have a good plan there, maintaining under the 200 mark and waiting to make the next push when your reserves are fully stocked again. But still working out hard?! Wow, such resolve. Great to see :yes:

Shy -- I'm very sorry to hear of the death in your family and my sympathy goes out to you for having taken things on all my yourself. Obviously, you are THE best person for the job and everybody knows it. I do hope you feel better soon and that your exercise exhaustion is not something serious. Take care and be here with us again soon! :sunny:

beach -- Work those arms! I found a great exercise at the gym for triceps, the backs of my arms. I usually hate the usual exercises for them but today I started playing around with a cable and that worked well and hit them well too. Yeah, I hope it'll be back to short sleeves next summer. beach, yup, you're right. The Japanese restaurants in the States don't sound very authentic. Here, there would never be rice during the meal and various courses. Rices comes at the very end if it comes at all. And everything in between in just bits and pieces, nothing to get too full about. Obviously, they've tailored it to make it more acceptable to the average American's idea of a portion...in other words, filling! When people come here they are always surprised at how small portions are but in a few days they're saying how much better they feel. Heh, GREAT going on the no smoking. That IS a save, resisting in a bar...the worst place for wanting a cig.

modcat -- You sound just like me with the yoga. I want to get a video called Yoga for the Hopelessly Stiff. I think there is one with such a name. I fear I will hardly be able to bend if I don't start stretching soon. Thanks for the description of your dogs. Yes, I thought that was a Shiba-ken. Ken is usually the way I hear it, though both are correct. Shiba-ken are very popular here always. There is a new black Shiba. Kuro Shiba. Very cute. All the rave now. Well, I don't know if they're new, just popular now. Don't you just want to pick this little one up below and cuddle it?

Good night all!!! :wave:

Arabella 09-29-2008 09:44 AM

Buried under a mountain of work until Wednesday. Had a bad day on Saturday but back on track. I'll come in with new challenges on Wednesday.

miriam101 09-29-2008 10:11 AM

Hi all -

just a flyby here as i am getting ready for the 2 day holiday of rosh hashana - soooo much cooking and baking! but i made sure to make things that i don't particularly like in the baking dept to resist temptation :)

so i'll be offline for a couple of days - but looking forward to touching base when i return!!!

Happy New Year! :)

Apple Blossom 09-29-2008 01:24 PM

No Beer, Day 19, 2 pauses left
30 min exercise , oh well, gotta start over :(
I switched keyboards with our old computer. I think a kid may have spilled something on the other one. 5 or 6 keys are not working.
My brother came over yesterday, so I took a pause on no beer. And I have been drinking other stuff, but not much. 2 mojitos and one night I went to a dinner party and drank a little too much wine.:hat: Maybe the next challenge will be no alcohol. I don't know what to do about the exercise. I have only 3 days a week when I can get a good work out or run in. It's hard to get something in on the other days. My SIL had been getting up early to run a mile every morning. Better than nothing she figures. I would feel comfortable leaving my son in charge for 10 minutes, so I'm thinking my new challenge will be to run a mile a day. We are going away for a bit, so I'll wait until we get back.
Miriam, you are always so busy! Have a great holiday!
Arabella, see you Wed!
Beach- i have a big prob with my arms. I actually can't wear certain styles any more. :( I'm actually more pissed off about the arms then any other part of my fatness. Except maybe my beer belly...
Shy, sorry about your loss. It was really nice of you to help out with all that work. :hug:
Red, its nice to have you back!
Jolly, I really admire all the running you have been doing! Someday....
Mod-I imagine you as a pretzel...

jollygirl 09-29-2008 03:26 PM

Hey all. Doing well for today. Acutally, the taking a pause until my reserves are full again took a dump once we decided to do another 1/2 marathon. If I am running hard, I need to eat properly for fuel. My sister gets a little crabby if I am running even slower than usual because I ate crap. Glad you are having a good day Red

Modcat - just do it. Pick up a copy of runner's world, and read John Binham's column. Or go on his website. It is for all of us penguins - slow runners. That is what first convinced me I could be a runner, even though I am slower than a 10 min mile. There are people of all levels at these races, unless you pick something that is an Olympic Trials or Boston Marathon qualifier :lol: I am usually at the end of the pack, but I do it. If you love it, don't let anything stop you.

All right, going to rest a bit, then do some homework. Have a good day all.

beachluvr79 09-29-2008 08:41 PM

Weigh in Day!

Evening everybody!

Just a quick post on my challenges, lost 1.8 lbs today! Sooo close to my birthday goal.
It's good to see everyone in such good spirits. I look forward to sitting down every night and reading ya'lls posts. So thankful to have found this thread!

My Challenges - As of Sunday
7 Days Complete-Stay within my daily WW Points - 2 Pauses
20 Days Complete-Stop Smoking - 0 Pauses
7 Days Complete-Gym 7 Days a week - 2 Pauses

Apple Blossom 09-30-2008 05:31 PM

No Beer, Day 20, 2 pauses left
Well, I'm almost there....
Congrats on your loss, beach!
Jolly, The penguin guy is really funny. I've always liked him. I wish there was a penguin club for races. Maybe there is one for all I know. For example, if you were planning to run a particular race, you could hook up with other penguins and run (waddle) together.
I have to go, have a great day everyone!

redballoon 09-30-2008 09:01 PM

Hi all. Well, I'm going to make my official start today. It's going to be called "The Big Picture Challenge" -- 21 days of healthful ways. The rules aren't that specific but I know what they are. It means things like next-to-no sugar, no smoking, minimal alcohol, no overeating, sweat-breaking cardio, weight training, calm thoughts, self-control and AWARENESS! I'm giving myself three days on which I can relax and not have to be aware of anything, three holidays, but NOT binges, not free-for-alls! Here goes. Wednesday, Oct. 1 is Day 1!!

Big Picture Challenge Day 0 completed 3 pauses left

No time left to write. Apple, you are rocking!!! beach, you too, look at you on the no smoking. Fantastic!!! :cb: jolly, Shy, Arabella, miriam, mod, everyone else!! Hello :wave: and good luck!! :goodluck:

jollygirl 10-01-2008 07:52 AM

Hi all. REal quick post this morning. I am also officially starting my challenges today, REd. want to go 21 days straight until my birthday!!! Daily posting (check), daily workouts (check), follow menu (working on it :))

Apple, maybe you need to start your own penguin club! Train for the ET marathon next August, and we will meet you there!

So, a quick funny before off to work. After doing much pondering on the way home last night about how lost and behind I am in Contracts (any tips on how to survive and LIKE this class Fish???), I decided that I should not be spending more time prepping for a half marathon right now. i called my sister to talk about it, and she had had the same thoughts :lol: It is kind of funny - I absolutely HATED running 6 months ago, and now :?: Well, it is kind of a reward - I won't get to go running until I have my homework done :o:

Have a wonderful day all :wave:

beachluvr79 10-01-2008 07:59 AM

Hi

Morning guys!

red - those sound like wonderful challenges. I think that calm thoughts are something thats missing from my plan. I think I'm way to high strung to meditate. I'm always amazed when people say they meditate for an hour! Best of luck on all of those.

Apple & Jolly- What in the world are ya'll talking about, the penguin guy? I'm imagining Billy Madison when he keeps seeing the penguin and running after him.

miriam, mod, shy :wave:

My Challenges - As of Tuesday
9 Days Complete-Stay within my daily WW Points - 2 Pauses
22 Days Complete-Stop Smoking - 0 Pauses
9 Days Complete-Gym 7 Days a week - 2 Pauses

miriam101 10-01-2008 01:29 PM

Hi All!
Rosh Hashana is past - and I made good eating choices on the whole. I find that if I tell myself "no sugar ever" - all I'm going to want is sugar. I know the saying - that all the food tastes the same as the first bite - and I'm trying to internalize that! I never used to be able to have a little bit of anything - I could only eat LOTS of whatever it was that I wanted (read: junk) but doing better.

With the Jewish holidays here, I'm all our of whack counting days for challenges, so I might have to join Red in a "big picture" challenge - and keep up the awareness. I am trying to say the serenity prayer still every day - I wish it would STICK already!!!

BTW - I was the red team's biggest loser this week! Who woulda thunk? ;)