3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   August Activity Action and Achievement for the worldly chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/147976-august-activity-action-achievement-worldly-chicks.html)

ceejay52 08-16-2008 08:56 AM

Happy
You go girl. 25 laps in the pool is excellent.

happy2bme 08-16-2008 02:50 PM

ok, so enough of these feel good titles for each month. What if we call September - Worldly Chicks SITTING ON THEIR KEESTERS :lol3: Ok, I know you'd all stone me or something :rofl: I guess if Shad will be busy with go live, it will be up to me or Mel to start the new thread. I'll have to think, this year I've been drawing a blank on thread titles - what if we do songs - Worldy Chicks - See You in September. I'll be alone each and every night, while you're away don't forget to write. Bye baby, bye bye... One of my favorite songs is by Earth Wind and Fire called September.

Well I frittered the morning away. Slept in as DH woke me up last night. He had a bad, bad migraine/headache and wanted to know where the hot pad was. I jumped out of bed and stood in the middle of the room wondering what the heck was a hot pad and did we really have one? Then after a couple of minutes I woke up and realized he was talking about the gel pack you can microwave. Fixed it up for him, got him in a chair with a light blanket and went back to sleep myself. He was really sick, even this morning. I rewarmed the pack and made him rub his head with the migrastick - figured the moist heat of the pack would enhance the essential oils. He said the heat helped and as the morning wore on he felt better. Not sure if it ran it's course or if things helped. I spent at least 2 hours hunting the internet looking for another heat pack to replace the one I "overcooked" in the microwave. Of course there's nothing like it now. I did order him a hot pack helmet that is a full head hot or cold pack that hits all touch points - forehead, back of neck and cranium. It looks like one of those headpieces the knights wore in the crusades. Either that or it stops just short of one of those fetish leather headpieces :rofl: Of course poor boy, when he gets another headache and wants to use this, I will just about be whizzing myself laughing over how stupid it looks but don't tell him this. :sssh: Of course those of you who get horrible headaches know (as I did with bad cramps) that I'd stand on my head and cross my toes if it would give me relief.

Then I had to separate the cats. Mr. Feral was sleeping peacefully on his bed. Curly, the bottomless pit came by looking for food. He and Mr. Feral had a staredown but Curly is dopey and just wants food, not confrontation so he just flopped down on the patio 5 feet from Mr. Feral and waited for his food. We had to separate the two and I had to pick up Curly and take him way over the other side of the yard to feed him so he'd leave Mr. Feral's food alone. Then Miss Boo comes trotting in cursing these boys who are invading her yard so we had to take her in and feed her. Curly finished eating and went to sit under the azaleas to enjoy the yard. Mr. Feral saw him and in a show that even tho I have no fangs, am way old, have a califlower ear and am quite decrepit, I still have to show that I'm the alpha cat and he went into the bushes and sat 2 feet away from Curly. So I had to go over there and shoo Curly away even tho he wasn't doing anything other than just sitting there being dopey and happy. Poor guy.

Then since the cats ate and none of them seemed too concerned about our hungry tummies, I made brunch for DH and I.

And here it is early afternoon and I really didn't get anything done at all. :(

Thank you Ceejay - you are doing great at the gym too. I am starting to realize like you how bad a carboholic binge feels. I thought it was just sugar and booze that made one feel so bad. Have a good visit with the family tomorrow.

Mel - what a pleasant surprise to spend some time with Jen. Too bad she MADE you eat bad food :o It's nice that you had something to enjoy for a change instead of people clamoring for your attention. Thanks for giving my number out to the pool people :lol: Hope the storms are over and done with for you.

:wave: Holly, Annie, Michelle

Welcome home Shad. I don't see how the HR/Payroll people can be worried that they will be "exposed" as no one has figured out how to navigate in SAP and you know I'm right ;) Enjoy your time at home. Maybe the food is more expensive there but at least you know what you're eating :lol: Now that you're getting more rain is that why you're planting vegetables? Or is it near time for tomatoes? Speaking of which I need to go check my plant as DH said I have some ripe ones. What are you planting?

Carla - hope the surgery went well and you are resting comfortably. Don't spend too much time sitting in a chair but do let us know how you are doing, ok?

Shy - hope you are getting back to your old self too.

I need to get off the computer and get something accomplished. Later chicks...

Shad 08-16-2008 04:51 PM

Morning all,
It seems that the internal clock is back and ticking as I am up and doing as per normal now without the 'benefits' of an alarm clock or the cat.

As for songs to title up the September thread - How about this one - from years back. Real memory joggers here.
Try To Remember
(Tom Jones/Harvey Schmidt)

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh so mellow.
When grass was green and grain was yellow.
When you were a tender and callow fellow.
Try to remember and if you remember
then follow
follow.

Try to remember when life was so tender
When noone wept except the willow.
When dreams were kept beside your pillow.
When love was an ember about to billow.
Try to remember and if you remember
then follow
follow.

Deep in December it's nice to remember
Although you know the snow will follow.
Deep in December it's nice to remember
Without a hurt the heart will hollow.
Deep in December
it's nice to remember
The fire of September that made you mellow.
Deep in December our hearts should remember and follow
follow.
Now if that doesn't get you all back on the memory trail, I'll be amazed.

Happy, hope DH gets better real soon. Hate those headaches. I went through a series of them years ago. It wasn't pretty and I had a wheat filled sack to heat in the microswave. If I remember rightly it also had lavendar or rosemary or something equally smelly in it as well.
But I hope he is back to his normal self really soon.
As for no-one able to navigate in SAP - come off it, I spend hours teaching them all the little short cuts and tricks to make life sooooo much easier. It's only HR and Payroll that don't pay attention because they are the secret squirrels and nether take it in or give it out!! :cry: Give me the practical sections everytime! I was showing a wee lady the intracies of requisitioning on Thursday and she was so excited by what she can now do - as opposed to doing everything separately and singly that she darned near hugged me. Most un-Indonesian.

I see the sun is up on another glorious day - I will be out there and at it again soon. I repotted nine of the orchids yesterday and still have another eight to go. Then I potted up the veges. Happy this time I am doing them in pots because it is easier to keep the water up to them than trying to bring the garden back into some sort of water retaining, fertile and tillable shape right now. So I have tomatoes, lettuce, peppers and chives in big pots. The first lot of lettuce is ready now. The first tomato has flowers but as yet no fruit x-rated or otherwise. Maybe when I come back from the last stint of work enough good bugs will be back to fertilise the plants.

Okay - can't think without the coffee. Need to go get some. I'll be back with some more personals later. Deep in September it's nice to remember - darn it all, wouldn't be back to remember in August!!!

carla49 08-16-2008 05:52 PM

Ouch. Remind me not to get may gall bladder out again. Actually, the pain isn't so bad, but the nausea and dizziness after I came to were really bad yesterday. I went into surgery around 8, woke up around 10, and by 11:30 they were bundling me out of there muttering about me having longer in recovery than most gall baldders so I had to go like it or not. I would have barfed on them if it wasn't taking all my strength not to fall over... Got home safe thanks to friends, one of whom even took my big cat out for his constitutional. Woke up at 2:30 am and watched Olympics all night, so today I'm tired and groggy, and not looking forward to cleaning the incisions tomorrow. (Yes, I'm a wuss.)
Anyway, thanks for all the kind thoughts, very much appreciated. I may not post again for a day or two - the laptop is in an uncomfortable spot and a bit heavy to be moving it right now. But it won't be so long that I end up singing See you in September...
Mel, I clicked on to CNN last night and they were talking about a tornado moving from NJ over to Manhattan. Did you sleep thru it? :rofl: Or was it maybe a percocet-induced dream? Nice drug, but I have a horrible feeling it's making my skin all itchy. It'll be downgrade to Tylenol tomorrow. :cry: ;)
Bye all. Time for another nap... :faint:

Shy Moment 08-17-2008 01:56 AM

Carla
Glad you are doing well.

Shad
Hi

Happy
Those cats make me laugh. I am doing better thanks.

Cee
My gosh back surgery. Sure hope things go well for you and you have someone to take care of you.

Melody
If I had the energy I would be powered by cookie power but I don't have the energy to go to the fridge in the garage and get the cookies. My daughter ( better known as THE RAT ) put the cookies out there. :)

MELODY525 08-17-2008 07:45 AM

CEEJAY...YOU AND I WILL JUST HAVE TO GO TO CARBOHOLICS ANONYMOUS TOGETHER. WE CAN SIT THERE AND ADMIT OUR GUILTY PLEASURES:faint: HAVE FUN IN PARAGOULD AND SAY HELLO TO GOD FOR ME. DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN A GOOD WORD:angel:

HAPPY....25 LAPS!! :cheer3:NICE GOING. I HAD A LAUGH AT THE CAT STORY. THEY ARE FUNNY TO WATCH SOMETIMES. POOR OLD MR FERAL. I KNOW THE FEELING :rofl: I AM STILL LAUGHING OVER THE NJ CALL. I KEEP GETTING WEIRD CALLS ON THE CELL PHONE. I THOUGHT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ILLEGAL NOW. NOT FAIR WITH MINUTES COSTING SO MUCH. POOR DH TOO. YEARS AGO I USED TO HAVE DEBILATATING HEQDACHES. COULDN'T EAT , MOVE....DO NOTHING. JUST READING ABOUT HIM MADE ME REMEMBER. I HAVE OFTEN WONDERED WHERE THEY WENT TO?! HOPE THE NEW HELMET WILL WORK. DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THE OLD ONE? MAYBE WE STILL HAVE SOMETHING LIKE IT UP HERE.

SHAD.....I'LL BE LUCKY IF I REMEMBER SEPTEMBER IN SEPTEMBER!!! I LOVE THOSE SEPTEMBER SONGS. :dance: GLAD YOUR CLOCK IS BACK TO NORMAL. CERTAINLY THE ORCHIDS AND VEGGIES WILL DO WELL WITH YOUR TLC! HAPPY SALAD MAKING!

:hug: CARLA :hug: TOO BAD YOU ARE SO FAR AWAY. WE COULD HAVE MADE YOU CHICKEN SOUP AND PLUMPED UP YOUR PILLOWS. I MIGHT EVEN HAVE LET YOU EAT BAD THINGS. DON'T GO CTRAZY DOING STUFF. LET IT ALL HEAL WITHOUT PUSHING AND PULLING HEAVY THINGS. REST AND THE OLYMPICS. THAT'S ENOUGH FOR AWHILE :rollpin: I THINK SAMEDAY SURGERY SHOULD BE BANNED BUT MY DR THINKS IS GREAT AND PEOPLE GET LESS INFECTIONS HEALING IN THEIR OWN HOME...WELL THAT'S FINE IF THERE ARE PEOPLE TO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
STAY WELL MY NORTHERN FRIEND AND SLEEP!!!! YES WE HAVE HAS 2 TORNADO WARNINGS RECENTLY AND ANOTHER AWHILE BACK. SOME STRAYS I WOULD IMAGINE. THEY CAN COME ON THE EAST COAST FROM TIME TO TIME BUT IT'S NOT THE NORM. SO YOUR PERCOCET WAS NOT THE CAUSE FOR TORNADO ALARM! :rofl: :rofl: IT WAS ACTUALLY OUT WHERE JEN IS STAYING RIGHT NOW. I THINK IT WAS JENNIFER THEY PICKED UP ON THE DOPPLER RADAR!!!!! :dizzy:

RENNIE....THANK GOD THAT EVEN THO MY DD IS 40 I CAN STILL SCARE THE BEJESUS OUT OF HER AND SHE'LL BUY ME WHAT I WANT OR PUT IT IN REACH!!:rofl: :rofl:

:sunny: YESTERDAY WAS THE OICTURE OF PERFECTION AND I SPENT A LOT OF IT OUTSIDE. WE DON'T GET JUST GENTLE BREEZES...WHE HAD SMALL HURRICANE WINDS:lol3: :lol3: BUT I FELT WONDERFUL. I SAT WITH MY WATER BOTTLE AND A GENT FROM THE BLDG AND WE WATCHED THE NKITTENS PLAYING AND SUNNING THEMSELVES AROUND OUR SHED. THEY LIVE UNDER IT. BIRDS WERE SINGING AND FLYING IN THE CURRENTS PLAYING. JUST GORGEOUS. AND FOR ONCE THIS GUY WASN'T COMPLAINING TO ME ABOUT SOMETHING!!:belly:
I AM HOPING FOR ANOTHER DAY LIKE THAT TODAY CAUSE THE STORMS ARE ON THEIR WAY. THE WINDS HERE HAVE BEEN VERY STRONG AND A WEE BIT LIKE WHIRLING DERVISHES. OUR LEAVES ON THE TREES ARE A BIT BURNT ON THEIR ENDS ALSO. THE DAY STARTS OUT IN THE LOW 60'S AND THEN RISES TO THE HIGH 80'S. RIGHT NOW MY BODY IS A HAPPY CAMPER :beach:

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY :moped:

:wave: SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO THE MISSING CHICKS :love: YOU MIGHT BE GONE BUT ARE NOT FORGOTTEN :hug:

annie175 08-17-2008 09:21 AM

Good Sunday Morning....

Carla...extra get feeling better hugs to you sista. Once you recover from the surgery, you will be amazed how great you will feel. My personal thought after getting my gallbladder out was that everything else felt so much better too, that dang gallbladder just made me feel icky all over.

Happy...we do have work sites in warm locations. American Funds.com...San Antonio, Tx; Irvine, TX; Phoenix, Arizona. Just be sure to put on the app that I recommended you, cause we get $3,000. bucks if our referrals get hired. We get $5,000.00 if it is a management position hired. Poor hubby, I used to have migraines. One thing I learned that helped with the pain was to drink scads of water. Dehydration is a big factor in migraines/headaches. Also doc recommended gatoraide.

Ceejay...Humidity. Bleck. Today is probably our last day of no humidity and open windows. The news this morning said we are going back to 87, 88 degree temps with the humidity coming back in. Dang it.

Shad...you travel so much, how do you have time to do anything at home, much less the laundry. You need a maid. I bet you are dang glad to get home when you can. Safe travels, my friend.

MEL....well, well, guess what was for breakfast. Fried green tomatos, fried pumpkins and WATERMELON. What a treat. All my favorites. I bought a whole watermelon and cleaned it last night so I could just get up and start eating it this morning.

The bowling event was a blast. I didn't bowl well, but that was no surprise. I did break 100 twice. The last game was a bit less than 100. I went out to watch a band Friday night, DD went with. Met up with about 12 co-workers. The band played Steve Miller, Eagles, Bob Seger, good stuff like that. I truly enjoyed myself. Didn't do ANYTHING yesterday but lounge around the house, cause I can't hang out half the night and function the next day. I am getting too old for that crap.

Guess I better get busy and make up for yesterday's couch potato day.

Someone please tell me how to post pictures. I am really blonde so type slow.

Love and Hugs

happy2bme 08-17-2008 11:27 AM

Good morning chicks,

Happy Sunday to you. The sun is shining and Mr. Feral is having the snooze of his life out on his little bed on the patio. Amazing how even a crusty old buzzard like he is can look just like a cute little kitten when he's all snuggly and comfy!

I fell back to old habits and went to bed at 1:30 this morning (shhh don't tell DH) and woke up with a start at 6. Part pee-pee alarm and one big GIANT OMG PAIN IN MY HIP :yikes: I do have a tendency to slip into some very off the wall sleeping positions and I don't know what I was doing but my hip was not at all happy. I got out of bed and wobbled over to the potty and to check out the patio. Mr Feral was curled up in a perfect diver's tuck position "cat knees" pulled into chin with his arm wound around his legs. Everyone else was sleeping so I went back for a few more winks. It was a restless sleep at best, I was warm so I got up just after 7:30. At least that will make me tired enough tonight to go to bed early for my 4:45 wake up call tomorrow.

Today is a laundry/grocery shopping/clean up day. I also need to sit down and make up some menus for the week. Have to focus on less / better carbs. I think my body is getting used to the glucophage finally - I still have a few wild bouts but it's not constant any more.

On to you ladies...

Annie - we actually had some American Funds once. Did quite well with them but sold them a few years back when they took a downturn. A good fund. I worked in the financials in the 80's. A very party, drunken time - wouldn't survive that again :faint: :lol: JK - in some regards I know it hasn't changed but for the most part we all grew up and settled down. Financial firms did have a good record for being nice to their employees. I took a look at the jobs - many want SAP experience - hear that Shad? HR SAP experience Shad - how timely :lol: Glad you're at a good place and that you had fun bowling. As for inserting pictures, first most important question is... is the picture on your computer or is it on an online web service such as Webshots or Photobucket? Because the instructions would be different depending on where the picture originates from.

Good morning Miss Mel. I think while the Do Not Call Registry got alot of people out of the habit of cold calling, a few still sneak through. I think people soliciting for charities - real or or they really real? can still call and evade the rules. I daresay with technology today you might get more spam calls on the cellphone instead of the wall phone. So glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some nice weather yesterday. It will do you good. Get a little more in today and watch out for those hurricane winds. Did you know that whirling derviches actually turned very slowly? I think we use whirling dervish (sp?) when instead we mean something like Taz the Tasmanian Devil cartoon character :lol: anyway - hold on to your hat and water bottle. And give me some low carb recipes :rofl:

Shy - you know you don't really want those cookies - DD was just tormenting you. ;)

Shad - you really dredged up the memories with Try to Remember... I went to Napster and listened to the song - Pattie Page and Frank Sinatras versions. If I close my eyes I remember my living room at home, we had our "stereo cabinet" - one side had the record player and the top had sliding doors. The other side had the radio tuner and a well for holding the records. Mom always listened to what would be the equivalent of a "lite FM" radio station. Dad would be in the recliner snoozing and if we tried to change the radio station to something with the Beatles on it, Dad would wake up in mid snore - hey leave that nice music on, I was listening to it :lol: A pleasant memory of gentler times... I guess September is a popular month name for songs. Did you get all your gardening done?

Carla - that's a bit annoying that they pushed you out of the hospital so quickly. Thank you socialized medicine. Some people have issues with anesthisia so they should not have been so quick to shoo you away until they made sure you were ok. I had my surgery in 1994 and at the time I was allowed to stay overnight in the hospital if I felt I needed it. I didn't want to as the bed was very uncomforatable and my room mate's visitors were making alot of noise so I stayed a few hours until I could do a "lap" around the hospital floor and I could go potty on my own - which was the bigger issue since I was drier than the Mojavi desert :lol: But I came home around 6pm and crashed until the next morning. Some of the incisions may be sore and feel like they are "pulling" be careful. Watch for warmth and unusual redness which may be a sign of infection. And most of all, take it easy these next few days. Olympics watching is ok all long as you don't leap off the couch pounding your fists and yelling "go All Blacks, GO" in the rowing competion. Oh wait, they already medalled so no danger there :lol: Just rest up and give your body a chance to heal. Will send Mel over and the 2 of you can keep each other on the up and up :D

Ceejay - those wall hangings are nice - rugs and various hangings, but they do really accumulate the dust - even if you give them a light vacumn once in a while. If it's a favorite piece I suggest you at least move it outside the bedroom and into a hall or something. I had a neat picture that was made all out of pinecones that I carefully brought back with me on an airplane from the Pacific Northwest. I had it hanging on our bedroom wall. It was a really interesting piece but I found over time that the dust settled into the little "lips" of the pine cone pieces as well as clinging to the burlap backing of the picture. Since I'm allergic to dust, this was one of the trigger pieces I had to get rid of regretably. But it was better than trying to sleep with a stuffy nose, right? Favorite pillows had to get discarded too - just when you have them broken in just the way you want :(

Michelle must be off having a fun weekend again. Talked to Mom yesterday - I hear the weather is grand up that way - though it may be warming up a little the next few days. Definitely a cooler summer this year - even with us. Should be much warmer here in August than it is - oh wait, my pool is up and running again - THAT'S WHY IT'S TOO COOL - so it will never warm up enough to get even 1 swim in it - dummy me! :lol: Neener, neener weather - I'm swimming at the health club. Which by the way they arrested a 19 year old last week for stealing at least one wallet, a couple of credit cards and an Ipod from someone's gym bag. This place looks really nice, with regular folks like you and I, a bit of an older crowd who is serious about getting healthy rather than look at me in my cute sportswear attire. So even I have at times gotten a false sense of security about leaving my stuff hanging on the bench rather than constantly locking it up all the time. All I have of value is a $5 bill in my gym bag (just in case) and my Ipod. I don't bring a purse because I don't need one. And I swear someone last week stole my little bottle of Irish Spring Body wash that I inadvertently left off to the side while I was unpacking my bag. I read the article about the arrest but it didn't say anything about recovering a small bottle of Irish Spring soap so it must have been another thevin' varmitt. :lol:

Ok, I guess I will get busy now although I have already done 3 loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher while I was typing this.

Hello to Ruth, Holly, Patty and anyone I might have missed. Enjoy your Sunday.

Shy Moment 08-17-2008 12:04 PM

Melody
It is amazing how lipping she got when she got taller than me lol.

Happy
It wasn't so much that I WANTED those cookies, it was that I NEEDED those cookies hehehe.

annie175 08-17-2008 04:53 PM

Happy....my pix are on my computer. I want to post a wedding pix of me and Samantha, my x-rated tomato and one other one that I cannot remember at the moment.

Or anyone else that can tell me how to post a picture, I would be most greatful.

I made MELs zucchini lasagna today and oatmeal raisen cookies. Can you say oink oink, my belly is TOO full, and hurts, I am miserable. What a boob, I am, and I know better. The taste so goods got a hold of me before I could stop. I am complete boob. I had better puke or poop soon or there may be a major explosion in the Indiana sky.

Love and Hugs

annie175 08-17-2008 04:54 PM

Hey to Rennie and Michelle and all others I may have missed

Shad 08-17-2008 05:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Morning all,
Annie, if the photo is on your computer, you may have to resize it to make it fit. 3Fatchicks only allow certain sizes.
Once you get that done, (I'll check out the size required in a minute) you go to the go advanced section, and under the posting area, you will see a button called Manage Attachments. Click this button to display a pop up window where you can upload the pics.
It tells you the size in pop up window. Jpgs are 100KB and should be sized at 500 x 500 pixels I think, but this can vary so try to reduce it to around 6 x 4 inches.
1. Click the BROWSE button and navigate to the area in your computer where you keep the pictures.
2. Double click the pic to be uploaded. This will return you to the pop up window.
3.Click the UPLOAD button.
4. The system will display the uploaded picture as a hyperlink (underlined in blue) below the upload area.
5. Add other pictures as required.
6. When you click submit, the pics will displays as thumbnails (small pics) at the bottom of your post. We can then click on them to see them in a separate window.

Hope this helps. Of course you still have to resize the pictures. I don't know what programs you have to do this, but you could try downloading one of the free programs off the net such as Picasa if you don't have a program installed.

Actually, you may not have to resize at all. I didn't do anything to mine and they have displayed okay. The system will let you know in no uncertain terms if you need too!!!!

If you have too much trouble send me the pics and I will put them up for you today. Let me know and I'll PM my email addy

Shad 08-17-2008 06:38 PM

I came back.
Had to spend some time dealing with the people in Adelaide trying to work out how I am supposed to get this documentation that I have written and/or revised up to the Knowledge Warehouse so they can get help as required. Still don't have an answer but at least the question is now out there.

Carla - Ouch. Remind me not to get may gall bladder out again. Ummmm yes well remind me again of how many gall bladders you have or rather had???
Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Shy :wave:

Mel - wishing you another happy day. Hope it comes with sunshine and fresh breezes to blow away the cobwebs and clear the sinus'. We had one like that yesterday. Darn it was gorgeous. Today is grey but no rain.

Annie - nah, it's not a maid I need (I'd have to pay her) It's a wife! Someone to take care of the house and garden, wash the car, take if for a service etc.
Glad you had a good time at bowling. Looking forward to the pictures.

Happy - your sense of humour is getting up my nose :rofl: Secret squirrel stuff is not for me. I'll pass on the message to the squirrels.
Hope DH is feeling better today - why do these things happen on weekends? As if it couldn't have happened at month end or something so he could demonstrate how indispensable he really is!
You are doing so well at the gym. I'm proud of you.

Hello to all others - Ruth, Madcat, et all. Gotta go do some work. I'll be back when it warms up again.

MELODY525 08-17-2008 06:59 PM

I WANT TO SHARE AN AMAZING STORY WITH YOU ALL.
FOR 3 DAYS NOW I HAVE BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. MOST (not all) OF THE BACK YARD CREW HAVE NOT SAID A WORD IN COMPLAINT OF THE BLDG OR THE OFFICE. WHEN I GO INSIDE ONE WILL COME AND HOLD THE DOORS FOR ME SO I CAN GET IN. I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF JIMMY HARPING ON ME ABOUT MY ARM LAST WEEK :rofl: :rofl: I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO WELL! AND I AM GRATEFUL CAUSE IT'S EASY TO GET OUTSIDE...THE CHAIR CAN PUSH THE HEAVY DOORS OPEN BUT GETTING BACK IN, I NEED TO PULL WITH THAT ARM :cry:
I FOUND THE FORM SO PEOPLE CAN GET THE DIGITAL TV CONVERTER BOXES CHEAPER FOR THAT CHANGE THAT TAKES PLACE IN FEB 2009. GOING TO HAVE THE OFFICE MAKE COPIES SO THE TENANTS ARE READY.
GOOGLED SOME OTHER STUFF FOR A FEW SENIORS ABOUT A LINAMENT-TYPE STUFF FOR THEIR PINS AND NEEDLE FEELINGS IN THE FEET...THEY ARE AGED DIABETICS. PRINTED EVERYONE'S STUFF OUT AND TAPED IT TO THEIR DOORS! I WAS A GOOD LITTLE DOOBIE TODAY AND BESIDES THAT HAD HOURS OF THE
SUN 'N' FUN :beach: RIGHT NOW I WISH I COULD EAT SOME SURF 'N' TURF!! :hun: BUT I WILL SETTLE FOR SOME WW'S HEAT 'N' EAT! :lol3: :lol3:
I MI8GHT GO TO WALMARTS TOMORROW. WAITING TO HEAR FROM JEN. SO JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO TONITE.

ANNIE....IS FRIED PUMKIN DONE THE SAME AS TOMATOES?? LOVING THE FRUIT THIS YEAR!! DID YOU PICK UP ANY ROCKERS????:belly:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._dansaires.JPG
HAPPY...THESE MEN ARE THE REAL WHIRLING DERVISHES AND THEY ARE DOING A SPINNING DANCE IN REMBRANCE OF ALLAH. I HAVE SEEN THEM ON TRAVEL PROGRAMS. I WILL PUT OUT AN APB FOR THE IRISH SPRING THIEF!! HOW DARE HE STEAL FROM MY SOUTHERN SISTER!! :tantrum:

RENNIE IS BUSY TRYING TO CRAWL TO THE GARAGE TO GET THOSE DANG COOKIES!! :rofl:

OK...I AM OUTTA HERE :moped:
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!

Shad 08-17-2008 07:06 PM

Bloody ticker

Shy Moment 08-17-2008 08:29 PM

Ok, this isn't fair at all and I am in NO mood to hear life isn't fair.

I told my daughter i AM THE MOTHER AND i MAKE THE RULES give me those darn cookies. She took them out of the outside fridge for me

She put the darn things on top of the fridge where she knew I couldn't get them without a step latter and I sure can't get on a step latter right now

:)

Melody
You are being treated in the manner which you should be treated :)

Ruthxxx 08-18-2008 06:53 AM

The usual quickie post after a horribly busy weekend - some fun but lots of work! Today I plan to be as "hermit" as possible!

This week has nothing official scheduled although the cousins will be dropping in a lot. They are up at the Island for the week and come here for a coffee or drink every time they come down to the village for anything. I love my cousins but find they interfere with life. I hope to get some iris and lilies potted up and will have to bake for the Church sale Saturday.

Hershey is dragging a bit as we wait for our vet hospital appointment on the 26th. I was dealing with spatters of blood on walls and cabinets in the kitchen and finally realized it was from the end of her poor bedraggled tail. Yesterday I got some of that liquid bandage which seems to have done the trick. I hope so because my vet bills have been horrendous since Spring - and will get worse when we take our trip to the Ottawa veterinary hospital. It's a good thing my trip to Asheville mid-September is already paid!

It's brightening up a bit and promises to be a sweltering day so I'd best get a few things done and then turn on the AC.

Stop whining and get on with it!

MELODY525 08-18-2008 07:15 AM

:hug; PORR HERSHEY AND HUGS FOR YOU ALSO MISS RUTH. HOPE THE WEEK GETS BETTER FOR BOTH OF YOU.

RENNIE...JUST SMACK HER!

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
THE DAYS ARE JUST WHIZZING BY :hohoho:

CHANGE IN PLANS. NO SHOPPING. JEN IS COMING AND WE'LL HAVE A DAY TOGETHER JUST CHATTING AND DRINKING COLD DRINKS OUTSIDE. SHE'S LOOKING FOR A DO-NOTHING DAY. THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO COME :beach: HAVE A GREAT DAY.
HAPPY MONDAY :moped:

Shy Moment 08-18-2008 10:55 AM

Melody
A tragedy happened just moments before my daughter got off work last night. Mad ninja squirrels came into the house ( I tried to fight them off but with this knee I couldn't do it ). They took the power cord to my daughters computer. It was touch and go there for awhile. I thought they were going to take her new monitor but I was able to wrestle it from them. Do you know what those little dickens did with that cord? They hung it from the middle of the garage ceiling ( I have a feeling they got the aid of her brother to do this ). Now she is going to have to drag out the big ladder ( which someone put behind all kinds of boxes ) to get that cord down off the hook. You really can't trust mad ninja squires at all can you.

diyana 08-18-2008 11:15 AM

Hey ladies -

I'm so crazy busy at work. I'll have to keep this short. At the gym on Thursday, I strained my lower back little, as well as my right pec muscle. Then playing frisbee with the dogs over the weekend aggravated the pec. I'll be okay. I just have to learn to not overdo. But of course, I always overdo. :lol:

Sorry that I don't have time to catch up with y'all right now. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to read all the weekend posts later. I hope you're all doing well and had a nice weekend.

Love and hugs to you all,

Shad 08-18-2008 05:51 PM

Morning all.

Ruth - Poor wee Hershey. Hope you can get some drugs which will stop the itch and get her back to normal. Shad didn't bleed, but he could never really get rid of the ear infections and they were horrid to behold and smell. We had to put him on human antibiotics to get it under control. Now there was an expense I could have done without!!! How is her coat coming along?? Is she looking a little better now.

Shy - sounds like the gremlims are well and truly into your place right now. Might be time for a good spring clean??? Not that I am suggesting you do it mind you!

Mel - I hope you have a wonderful day with Jen today. Lots of fluid, lots of hugs, lots of chatter. Hope the weather co-operates. I'll be thinking of you two sitting in the sun and talking. I may even go and sit on my patio and talk to you too. Speaking of talking, it's probably time we did. See below for my schedule and maybe this weekend?

Michelle - work always gets in the way of life darnitall. Take care of that back I hate it when things hurt.

Annie - how did you go with those instructions? Too busy to try huh?

Carla - hope you are feeling better today.

Madcat - time you came back to tell us what is going on in your place.

Happy - hope DH is feeling a lot better today. He probably is - it's back to work today after all.

Okay - plans for my weekend have rather gone out of the window. I was due to go back to Jakarta on Monday which gave me another weekend at home and DS1 and partner are due here on Friday. However we have scheduled training in JK for Monday so I spoke to the Boss and said I had better go up on Sunday. No flights available on Sunday they are all full but I can get Business Class on Singapore Airlines on Saturday night. So I'm back off to JK on Saturday. Virgin Blue Airlines have changed DS1's flight from 8.00pm arrival on Friday to 10pm arrival on Friday and I will be back at the airport by 9.00pm on Saturday. So we won't get to see too much of each other.
My little garden is coming along fine. I have four types of Lettuce and Rocket in there (read arugula for rocket), some chives, 3 pepper plants and 2 tomatoes. I may put in some more tomatoes when I get back. I'll have to sort out some watering for while I am away. This time I will be gone 17 days and not the usual 12.

Better go do some work. It's going to be a rush getting the house ready for visitors and getting work finished at the same time.

annie175 08-18-2008 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sam and Annie

annie175 08-18-2008 06:01 PM

Thank you Shad...I did it, I did it. What took me so long was that I had to get the d*mn pop up blocker turned off first so I could do the manage part. Didn't know I was such a dingy blonde. haha

Pray for DD. She had to have the biopsy again for cervical pre cancer cells. Her pap came back abnormal again. So doc did a biopsy again to see how severe it is. If it is high level again, he is going to refer her to a cancer specialist. She is so young he hates to keep carving away at her cervix. I was in there when they did the biopsy and little tears just ran down her cheeks. I, in turn, cried too. It really hurt her and no numbing either. Bless her heart. She has been asleep since 2:00 pm. it is 6 now.

annie175 08-18-2008 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The tomato

Shad 08-18-2008 06:15 PM

Well done Annie, now you really have the hang of it.
My thoughts are with your DD - such a pretty girl too. Hope something comes of all the pain and agony.

ceejay52 08-18-2008 06:15 PM

Annie
I really know the pain of the biopsy. I had one a couple of years ago. Hugs and prayers for you and your daughter.

Shy Moment 08-18-2008 10:38 PM

Shad
These little ninja squirrels are allowed in my house anytime. They wipe their feet, put the seat down and never make a mess lol.

happy2bme 08-19-2008 12:18 AM

Quick pop in ladies, didn't have time to get on earlier and I'm overdue off to bed.

Shy - maybe you DD is going to put a cookie on a fishing pole and lure you around the house to get your miles in :lol: Hope the knee is feeling better.

Annie - thanks for the picture of "stubby". Seriously you and your daughter make one pair of hotties - she got her good looks from you obviously. I hope that all goes well with her. I cringed just reading about it. That cervix issue seems to be something I never heard about before until about 2 years ago. My niece has the same thing and now my friend is dealing with it too. I do hope all will be well with her - healing thoughts to her and some extra special strength to you :hug:

Shad, DH's headache did go away by Saturday afternoon - thanks for asking. It just sorted of faded down to something manageable. Sure do wish we could figure out a trigger to avoid but nothing pops up so it must be something that starts a few days before. The Elvis candelight vigil was last weekend. I forgot to tell you we were saving a spot for you - I hear they had some extra special souveniers this time ;) I'm sorry to hear you had to head back early just to get a flight. Bummer, particularly since you'll miss DS' visit.

Mel, I know Shad complains about some one's ticker :shrug: but I can't believe how the days are trickling down. Seems like it jumps a decade each time I look at it. Decade, deca, the next set of 10s :lol: Hope you are enjoying the nice weather. It cooled off a bit here too and it's lovely. I was looking at the big full moon tonight and thinking of you enjoying a breeze on your face. How nice the people are taking the higher road and not complaining and helping everyone out. Long may it last! Did you have a nice day with Jen. Whatcha drinkin', inquiring minds want to know...

Michelle - sorry to hear you are a bit stretched out there. Doesn't help when you are crazy busy - hope you get a chance to work out the kinks. Feel better soon :hug:

Ruth - give poor Hershey a hug for us. I was talking to the exercise coach last week. She works at the rehab center and she was talking about the TheraPaws program and how it is so good for the patients. Hershey has given much - I hope some of that good karma comes back to her. I know how worried "momma" can get :hug:

Carla - hope you are doing a little better yourself. Are you bored out of your gourd yet? :lol:

Ceejay - you must be busy - not much in the way of posting but hello to you.

Hello as well to the missing Madcat.

Well it's 11:15 which is WAYYYYYYYYY past my bedtime now. I am trying to be consistent but I was thinking it was trash day tomorrow and I was cleaning out the refrigerator and stayed up a bit later than usual. That and our cat decided to roam the neighborhood tonight and didn't come when I went calling her. I found her up by the pool. She doesn't understand why I don't have the cushions out by the swing. She loved to sit up there with us at night. However I am a mosquito magnet. I was watering the flowers this evening before supper and my arms felt all itchy. Come to find I had FIVE mosquito bites in the course of 25 minutes. Apparently I am somewhat tasty. But this was before the sun set, would have been way worse later on so no sitting by the pool at night right now.

Anyway, goodnight for now. Sweet dreams and a pleasant day ahead.

MELODY525 08-19-2008 07:48 AM

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON. DON'T WORRY ABOUT CATCHING UP....JUST POST WHEN YOU'RE ABLE :hug:

RENNIE...DANG THOSE SQUIRRELS ARE DANGEROUS. ONE LEFT A FRAPPUCCINO BY MY DOOR THE OTHER DAY!

SHAD....I CANNOT SEEM TO WRAP MY MIND AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE. SO PICK A TIME AND DATE AND I WILL BE THERE! :rofl: USA TIME THAT IS!

ANNIE...I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOUR DD BUT WITHOUT THE RECURRENCE SO FAR. . MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER AND I WILL SEND GOOD HEALING THOUGHTS HER WAY. :hug: YOU ARE BOTH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND I AM GLAD WE GOT TO SE YOU AND DD!! THE TOMATO IS TOO FUNNY!! THANKS FOR SHARING THE PHOTOS!!

HAPPY...WELL JEN HAD HER ICE TEA AND I MADE HERBAL VANILLA HONEY CAMMOMILE AND ADDED HONEY. BUT MY FEET ENDED UP SWELLING :rofl: CAN'T WIN THEM ALL.
MOSQUITOS SEEM TO BE EVERYWHERE. I DON'T GO OUT AT NIGHT JUST FOR THAT REASON AND SIT. YOU AND I MUST BE SWEET TREATS FOR THOSE LITTLE STINGERS!
ARE YOU STILL IN THE BIGGEST LOSER THING?

:cofdate: THE FIRST BUILDING/GARDEN MEETING IS THURSDAY. JUST IN TIME FOR WINTER:rofl: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY THINK THEY'RE DOING. I SEE SOME PROBLEMS AHEAD AND I AM NOT GOING TO BE THE ONE TO TAKE IT ON!! THEY AND THE OFFICE HAVE IDEAS FOR AFTER 4PM AND HELLO??????? WHO IS THE ONLY ONE HERE AFTER THAT HOUR??? AND MY ANSWER IS GOING TO BE.......NO WAY JOSE!!! I CAN FEEL SOME OF THE TENSION BUILD AS PEOPLE TOSS OUT IDEAS AND I AM SITTING THERE SILENT. NO OFFERINGS POURING OUT OF MY MOUTH THIS TIME! THEY CAN PAY A MAINTENANCE MAN TO DO THE WORK OR COME HERE THEMSELVES.
JEN AND I HAD A GOOD DAY AND SHE NOTICED THE "ATTITUDES" ALSO AMONGST THE CROWD. I TOLD HER TO BE CAREFUL ALSO. LEST SHE GET ROPED INTO SOMETHING. :rofl:
I AM OFF TO BREAKFAST. HAVE A GREAT DAY!
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY :moped:

happy2bme 08-19-2008 08:22 AM

Good morning chicks,

You girl Mellie. I know it's difficult in life when your first instinct is to jump in and help but sometimes you have to learn not to be a sap (notice that's sap in lowercase, not Shad's means of a living SAP which is pronounced as 3 individual letters rather than a word). :D Glad you and Jen had a nice time. I don't understand the ankles swelling - cripes it's always something, huh?

I tried the sugar free creamer this morning. You're not really saving that much of anything with it - 20 calories which is nothing and it has a bit of an odd taste that I guess you can get used to quickly. I think I'd rather thin out/sugar down the regular one with FF half and half.

And Mel, this session of the Biggest Loser challenge finished last week and is on hiatus until next month when the fall one signs up. I signed up for one last time for the next one but this last one was somewhat of a bust. I think it's losing it's steam. 2 of the leaders were pretty much not around at all. It's not as much fun as it first was.

Well the coffee cup is empty and I need to get ready for work. Have a good day everybody. :wave:

annie175 08-19-2008 09:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone...

First, thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers for DD. She is at home in pain, heating pad, my left over vicoden, and Belle. Belle is so sweet when she knows you are sick. Stays right with you and gives the tiniest little kisses every now and then. Pretty cute for a devil dog.

I started that TOM last night, I guess in sympathy for DD. I have cramps so bad I took half a vicoden. It is helping but not completely.

Rennie....Wow, would love to see the Ninja squirrels. Anything like Ninja Turtles?? hehe

Ruth...hope Hershey is feeling much better.

Happy...thank you for the nice "hottie" compliment. You made me smile.

MEL and Ceejay...then you both know what dumplin dot is going through. This is her 4th go round. Thank you for the good thoughts.

Michelle...hope your back gets to feeling better. Sometimes exercise can be dangerous...

Hello to everyone.

Better get to work, I missed half a day to be with DD yesterday and things are stacking up.

Much Love and Hugs

Ruthxxx 08-19-2008 11:09 AM

Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Crabby lately - read my blog if need be - and just no time to post in here a lot. South Beach is the second busiest Forum here and is keeping me hopping! I'll pop in when I can.

Shy Moment 08-19-2008 12:07 PM

Melody
I think these very same ninja squirrels are the same ones that shook the port o potty with me in it at the beach one time. They are not always nice lol.

Annie
Those biopsy's aren't real fun. I had to have one a couple of years ago, thank heavens everything was OK. My daughter was in the room with me when the did it because I had no idea that was what they were going to do They did two of them at the same time. Will keep your daughter in my prayers. Yes they are lol. They are cute and seam sweet until you are the one they target lol.

Happy
I am getting my walking in but no way I can do my videos. It takes me an hour to walk what I use to walk in 20 min.

diyana 08-19-2008 02:44 PM

Quick post for me.... I've been in too much pain to go to the gym. I walked yesterday, but was too sore today to walk. I am going to the doc on Thursday for my back. Hopefully, he'll get me in fairly soon for a shot. My department is going to a baseball game as a team outing. Should be lots of fun as we're leaving work at 11 am, tailgating and then watching the game.

Annie - Great photos! You and your DD are both gorgeous! My thoughts and prayers are with your DD. And I hope that both you and she will be through with the pain soon. Animals are wonderful little healers.

Happy - I hope you get to enjoy your pool. I'm glad your DH is feeling better. I used to suffer with frequent migraines, so I know how awful headaches can be.

Ruth - I hope your moderator workload eases up a bit. And I hope Hershey is feeling better.

Shad - so sorry you have to rush back to JK. I hope you get time the next few days to enjoy your remaining time at home.

A big :wave: to everyone! I've got to get ready for a meeting.

Love and hugs,

Shad 08-19-2008 04:39 PM

Morning all,
Another day and so much more to do. The list gets longer by the day. I'm hoping for great things from today.
Workwise the list just gets longer, more stuff to do, the system has gone down for refreshing and got me in the middle of doing some doco. So hopefully it will be all finished this morning and I can get back into it. No doubt there will be some fiddle farting around to do to make it work and the worst case scenario will be that it won't work and then you will see a ballistic missile display and from more people than just me. Stupid time to do a refresh grrrrrrrr!

Mel - I will consult the clock and send you an e-mail today about times and days etc. Glad to hear that you and Jen had a real girls day and at last I see a glimmer of hope for your future. Kept your mouth shut indeed. Must have been some strong glue or zippers in that lot. I'm proud of you.
Yeah, why did the ankles swell - honey does that to you?

Happy - Personally, I prefer a small amount of the real thing - be it sugar, butter or salt - whatever is considered wrong for ones body at the time. I mix regular and lite cheese to keep the flavour, so I can understand the sugar and substitute mix.

Ruth - poor little crabby. Did anyone tell you you are supposed to be retired? I was going to put a comment on your blog but have to be logged in to do it. For the life of me I can't get my password to work in the blogs. I did hae one, but can't get in to find it anymore. I requested and got a new one but it doesn't seem to work.
Take today easy and let life drift for a change - I may have to start on you now that I seem to have sorted out Mel.

Rennie - hope things come right for you soon. Doesn't seem to have slowed your weight loss any. Trap the pesky ninja squirrels I say.

Michelle - hope things settle down for you at work soon. Lucky it didn't happen when the MIL wash here. I will get to spend some time with the DS1 as he arrives on Friday and I leave late Saturday night.

And with that I better go see what damage is done to my training client with the refresh. Maybe I will get to finish my doco before anyone else comes on line. I need to get some housework done today too. Otherwise everything will be left for the last minute AGAIN. cya

ceejay52 08-19-2008 05:39 PM

Just popping in to say hello. I'm feeling the effects of the past two weeks.

More later.

MELODY525 08-20-2008 08:02 AM

HAPPY...I WAS GOING TO TATTOO SAP ON MY FOREHEAD IN CAPITAL LETTERS. GOOD THING I READ YOUR POST :rofl: :rofl: I AM ALL FOR CUTTING DOWN ON "REGULAR" FOODS RATHER THAN TAKING ON MORE CHEMICALS. WHAT DOES THE NUTRITION CLASSES SAY. I HAVE BEEN CURIOUS ON THEIR STAND OF "ARTIFICIAL" USES. DO TELL. THE FEET ARE FROM THE LIQUID SUGAR. WHEN I DRINK SUGAR AS OPPOSED TO EATING IT MY FEET SWELL. THEY SAY IT'S PART OF THE LOW BLOOD SUGAR AND MY HIGH TRIGLYCERIDES SHOW THAT. SO THEY TEST FOR SUGAR EVERY TIME I GO...JIC.

ANNIE...GOD HOW I HATED THOSE BIOPSIES. THE CRAMPS AND THE THOUGHT OF SOMEONE SLICING MY CERVIX WAS JUST KILLING MY MIND. EXPECIALLY WHEN I GOT A LOOK AT THE INSTRUMENT :faint: HE SAID TO ME.."SEE THAT WASN'T SO BAD WAS IT?" AND I SAID IN FRONT OF ALL HIS STUDENTS WHO WERE IN THE ROOM "DO YOU HAVE A CERVIX?" HOPE YOU BOTH FEEL BETTER :hug:

MICHELLE...:wave: BACK TO YOU! HAVE A GREAT BASEBALL OUTING DAY! :beach:

SHAD....I WILL LOOK FOR E-MAILS. IN THE MEANTIME, DO YOU WANT TO WAIT TILL YOU COME BACK? I SEE YOU ARE PRESSED FOR TIME. NOTHING IS AN EMERGENCY OVER HERE...UNLESS YOU HAVE ONE :lol3: STAY WELL AND TAKE SOME TIME OUT FOR YOURSELF AS WELL WHILE GETTING READY FOR JK. :hug:

CARLA....JUST IN CASE YOU ARE LURKING :hug: HOPE YOU RESTED UP AND ARE LETTING THINGS HEAL. IT MAY NOT BE THE SAME SIZE SCAR AS THE OPERATION OF YEARS AGO BUT IT'S STILL SURGERY INSIDE!! SO DON'T GO CRAZY DOING STUFF :hug:

:wave: TO OUR CEEJAY WHO IS RUNNING BY :running:

I AM GOING TO REST UP TODAY. HAD A BAD BOUT WITH THE LOO LAST NIGHT. SO I WILL BE AN INDOOR GAL TODAY. THE MEETING IS TOMORROW AND I REALLY DO WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS :rofl: I AM OFF TO MY OATMEA, PEACHES AND EGGWHITES. :hun:
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY :moped:

happy2bme 08-20-2008 08:58 AM

Good morning chicks,

"My pool" is being invaded by intruders :rollpin: I don't know if there's new folks or these people used to swim in the outdoor pool. For the last couple of weeks I've had to pool to myself. Well the shallow end that is - they moved the bulkhead (the thing that has the individual diving platforms you see the racers stand on) to separate the pool into 2 sections - 5 feet and deeper and the shallow side of 4 feet to 4 and a half feet. The deeper side is pretty much taken up by the serious lap swimmers and the swim team practice. I consider myself a recreational swimmer so I stay in the shallow end and do laps. I also stick with and stay in a designated swim lane. Monday there was a lady in the pool swimming across the pool (in the opposite direction of the swim lane) - actually she wasn't swimming, she was walking with her water noodle. I stayed in the swim lane going in what I thought was the right direction and we just gave each other the right of way. Today there was a guy swimming laps across the pool. I got in and asked him - aren't we supposed to be following the swim lanes???? He said NO, that's too short of a lap - you can have the end if you want it. Well duh and ok then, let's all go the WRONG WAY. We we joined shortly afterwards by pool noodle lady and it worked out fine. It's a longer distance across the pool than in the shortened lane so I got more of a workout anyway. Now if I could just get the darned water out of my ears - I HATE that crunching noise. :mad:

Mel - you should have told the doc after he finished with you- ok, now I'm going to give YOU a circumcision and we can compare pain notes, OK BUSTER????? Oof-duh - some doctors :no: As for the artificial sweetners, the nutrionist didn't seem to have a take on it. It's an aid if you choose to use it, but don't over do it like drink 50 cups of coffee or 12 cans of diet soda. Some people are jumping on the bandwagon that the artificial sweetners do make you crave other sweets more. The room of people seems to be evenly divided between people like me who stick to natural as much as possible and like Shad - have a tiny portion but make sure you enjoy every lick. The other camp I think grew up and are addicted to their diet Cokes and they see nothing wrong with the sweetners. Some feel that because Splenda is made from sugar that it's natural. All I know is that my tummy feels icky after any sort of sweetner so my path is laid. That's interesting how the sugar affects you. Bah - no caffeine, no sugar - what's left? :dunno:

Ceejay - sounds like you don't have a routine - once you get into a pattern something changes it and that's hard for the body to get used to. :(

Shad - hope you got your doc done in time. They do seem to take things down at the most inappropriate times. Sounds like you have a nice little garden going on back home. Just enough for a few fresh things to spark things up.

Michelle - ouch on the back - hope you are feeling better. Sometimes those goofy chair kinks take longer to heal than just an odd pull here or there. Take some time to stretch during the day and take a hot pack or thermo pad to work with you.

I get to join your club of painful biopsies too. Worst pain ever. Worse than breaking my leg.

Shy - the chiropractor messed me up big time and alot of it settled in the knee so I know the pain you're dealing with. Too bad you can't get in the pool to take some of the pressure off but still get your workout in. Guess you have to be patient or get in a little red wagon and push yourself with your good leg and chase those nasty squirrels :lol:

Hey Ruthie - guess if you have to be crabby better you direct it at the SBer's :rofl: Hope things ease up but you know they won't.

You're welcome Annie - I just calls 'em like I sees em ;) Hope DH is feeling a little better today. Darn female innards :headache:

How's it going Carla? Recouperating nicely hopefully????

Time for me to head out into the mist/rain. Happy hump day.

diyana 08-20-2008 09:14 AM

Morning ladies --

Quick fly by for me as I've got 2 hours or so before my department leaves for the baseball game. Should be a great day! Hopefully, the Milwaukee Brewers will win. And either way....a day relaxing at a baseball game in the sun beats working!

Shad - I hope the refresh actually makes your systems work better and you get your doc done. I know how crazy things can get as go live time nears! Hang in there!

Mel - rest and relax today.

Ceejay - I hope you're doing okay. Hang in there.

Carla - I hope you're feeling better.

Annie - I hope your DD is feeling better and that your cramps have subsided too.

Happy - I got a great laugh at the wrong way swim lanes and the pool noodle lady. My nutritionist and trainer believe that artificial sweeteners do make you crave sweets....just as eating sugary foods would. And all soda, sweets should be in moderation whether naturally or artificially sweetened. For artificial sweeteners, I prefer Splenda, but I do consider it an artificial sweetener. Like I said, I try and limit all sweets - and enjoy them fully when I have them. I'm definitely stretching during the day, and I'll be smelling like ICY HOT liniment all day. Eau de menthol in the hot sun. Yuck. But it may be the only way I'll get through it (along with the pain meds).

Well, I'd best get to work and be productive.

Love and hugs to all,

annie175 08-20-2008 12:23 PM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!!

DDs biopsy came back with very mild dysplasia on the outside of the cervix and NONE on the inside. Whew Who!!!! No further action at this time as it looks as tho it is healing itself. She goes back in 6 mos for a pap check.

Will try to check back in later today.

Love and Hugs