Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

I am feeling sleepy ZZzzz....got up too early after sleeping in later yesterday. it definitely doesn't pay for me to sleep in. Had to get up early to get my walk in and at 5:45 this morning it was already 79 degrees. Doesn't sound so bad but once you get to walking it gets to be a little icky after the first 15 minutes or so. Had some errands to run and getting some laundry done and computer time in. I did get my exercise done except for a 15 minute walk on the treadmill...will finish that in a few minutes. Just trying to rest my weary bones, lol. Going to Charlotte's later to weed eat her yard. I am doing good with the food so far Had cereal for breakfast but didn't have any bananas I do now Having a chicken salad for lunch in about 30 minutes, then will have a granola bar for a snack about 3'ish. I'm thinking dinner is going to be a subway sandwich since we will be gone for a while...it will be too late to cook when we get home, darn I wish she lived closer. Anyway...

SUSAN...glad you guys liked the movie. I will keep my fingers crossed for you to be in the 140's Friday You are doing great and I just know you will!

SUE...V is like that too! Lol WTG on the miles! I thought of you this morning. The sun wasn't even up yet and this couple went zooming by me on their bikes. WTG also on the 170!

ASIA...HAPPY belated ANNIVERSARY! Glad Andrew is back and you guys are enjoying each others company. You are doing great with your weight loss too!

KATY...glad to you ya back, and glad you had a nice time. Like Susan, I can't wait to hear about it too!

MINDEE...man woman, you are adding up those miles! Doing great for sure!

SASSY...do they have diet mountain dew? I know it's not the best either but at least it would be less calories, a lot less. Wishing your DH lots of luck in finding a job.

HIYA JULES & TAMMY...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Well, ladies, guess I am going to go do that 15 mns on the treadmill and get some lunch. I'll be back to post my total for the day after the walk.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Lost the post! And it was really inspiring too.....*snicker*....lol

Off to take Gabster swimming. Wishing you all a good day. bbl
Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #33  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in....

and early night for all of us tonight...no body took naps today! we will find out here shortly if we can have a garage sale or not. three other people in here want to have one so I am hoping that we can do it!

the boys are sitting on their bikes watching Little Einsteins and Marissa is sitting here next to me in the high chair eating some mashed potatoes from last night.

I got my walk in with Leslie this morning.....now I am hoping to keep it up from here on out. I am going to get into the habit of walking with her in the morning and then taking the walks after dinner with the family.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HIYA MINDEE & SUSAN

And FRANCIE...I knew I forgot someone in my last post and realized it once I signed off. Hoping all is well with you missy and you and Fonzo got some sleep!

SUSAN...sorry you lost your post. I hate when that happens.

Back again for just a few minutes to record my miles. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #35  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Talking ***i Have Exciting News!!!!!!***

WE GOT THE APARTMENT IN MARYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!! We wont be homeless when we get there, lol!!! I'm so excited.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #36  

that is great news Francie!!!!!! do you have a link online that we can see what it looks like?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #37  
I was born this way hey!

Yes, I do...heres the link:

http://www.move.com/apartments/listi...?source=a16093
Old 07-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

I am starving, I have to go eat something before I compose a post.

Beautiful apartment complex Francie! I notice the brick, it was the same in Arkansas, just a lot of brick back east?? lol Ok, that sounds dumb but there is hardley any brick out here in Oregon. We have lumber. neener, neener......

Ignore me, I just spent 3 hours out in the sun watching Gab swim, think I have heat stroke! lol

bbl after I get my children dinner.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Back for another second, having Gaby all day sure keeps me hopping!

Mindee- I like the idea of strawberry shortcake, especially durig the summer months and it is much more *calorie friendly*. Who is Leslie?? Did I read too fast, can't see a mention of that name before, sorry.....

Francie - Very happy that the housing (????) is solved for you guys, I bet that is a huge relief!

Asia - mmm, s'mores sound good. Your Tuesday outing sounds like a lot of fun.

Sue - I hope you aren't too serious about feeling ashamed about the weight. I kind of crept up to 206 without saying anything til I could get it back down to 196. It is just kind of scary when it goes back up and you wonder why the weight thing is so hard. Like ....can we ever not have a weight problem?? Anyway, on the weight loss!

Cristina - I had a dream about you last night! I was traveling in my trailor ((only in the dream, I really don't have one - lol)) and I parked in your yard and hooked up for water and electricity, planning to stay for awhile, I guess. You had these huge dogs running around and you spent the whole dream looking at the food I had in the cupboards...lol, finally your husband unhooked my trailor and moved me across the yard....and now there was a lot of trailors in your yard...and my chicken started to defrost because I had no eletricity...and I was thinking about cooking up the whole bag so it wouldn't go to waste. That is when I woke up, thank goodness. lol
anyway - sweet that you are helping Char w/ her weeding! Hope you get some rest tonight.

I guess I better get to bed early, tired this evening. Gab and I both are a little red from being outside for 3 hours.
I did good on eating. I had (2) 100 calorie yogurts during the day, 1 med banana, a tuna salad and I think the calories for that was like 300, and a chicken salad.....and we will say 500 for that .....so, what....1300 for the day?? Close, and a lot of it was veggies....so, I won't worry about that. Plus I did so-so on water w/ 60 oz's....bleh....

k- that is all. to everyone!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-28-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #40  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Sue- good luck on your 164. I have a mini goal of 165. I really want to make it to 165.

Sassy- Funny story to tell you. So today I was picking up my lunch after work today at the store. I want a soda but I didnt want diet pepsi. SO I had a a diet mountain dew. It was so so good. I can see why you are having a hard time giving them up. I just thought of you when I drank it and it made me chuckle.

Cristina- I coulnt imagine it being 79 degrees that early in the morning. We have really hot days but pretty cool nights. I would hate to walk in that.

Mindee- I like your walk idea. I think its good.

Francie- WTG on your apt!!! I looks good.

K so I am off to bed. I woke up this morning and I was an even 169. I am pleased with that. I am really excited about my hike tomaroow. I am gonna wake up super early to do my tae bo and then I will meet Anfrew and we will drive to the camp. We have to unload some stuff then we will go on the hike. I will have soup for lunch and then STEAK for supper. I love steaks. I am realyl excited. Wish me luck. I just want to make it back and still be able to move. We shall see.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #41  

I ended up taking the boys for a bike ride while Tommy changed the door handles. Logan has figured out how to take apart the plastic knob cover and then proceeded to open the door after he was put in bed.

now I am finishing up on the cookies, and then I will be done!

Francie~ That place looks beautiful!

SuzieQ~ Nope, you didn't read too quickly....I forgot to put her last name. I did my 3 mile walking dvd with Leslie Sansone!

Asia~ Have a safe time on the hike!! I love camping..in fact that is where me and my hubby met was at a campground.....almost nine years ago! Great job on getting to 169!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #42  
RosieKate

Good morning!

My class was a lot of fun. Of course, my idea of fun is to hang around a museum for a week and make a bunch of art projects, so there you go For the most part, I had a nice time staying with my mom. We got into a spat on Friday morning and she said some hurtful things to me; said I was annoying - imagine (snort). Hey, the apple doesn't all far from the tree! She would have gone on but I stopped the conversation..and was pissed for the rest my time. I left Saturday morning, so it wasn't too bad and I'm doing a pretty good job of not letting it shadow what was otherwise a really fun week. I hope to post some pics on my blog today.

Asia
- have fun on your hike...I wish I was hiking, I could go for a day in the woods

Susan- gl with the job hunt. Leigh was in summer camp last week at the CC and had a great time, so I'm sure Gab will, too.

Mindee - have fun keeping up with Logan...my son was like that as a toddler. We had to keep our kitchen chairs folded and put away when we weren't using them. Also had to put a chain on the door because he could figure out any lock. Sheesh- he was alot of work!

Francie
- Hooray for the new apartment - love the brick! This will make moving less stressful, that's for sure.

Cristina - Love the new myspace page...it's such a great idea for keeping your exercise mojo going. I enjoyed looking at you picture slide show; you are looking great!

Sassy
- yay for the new supervisor! Hope your DH has gl on his job search...

Sue - thought of you yesterday because....I rode a bike! I can remember the last time I rode a bike. It was the first time I ever wore a helmet, so that ought to tell you something. It was as fun as I remember. I need to get a tire fixed, then I hope to ride some more. I think wl ups and downs are pretty normal..you're doing great...just don't let the ups get you down, haha

I kept my pedometer on while I was away and logged about 3 miles a day - they had us running around the museum, I tell you! My mom has zero junk food around, so I lost a pound as well..hooray! Today is pilates and a swimming playdate. Might take the kids to a skate park. My son is really into his inline skates, but I just don't think they are safe for our street..he really wants to go fast, but he can't stop very well

Have a great day!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

Good morning -

Quickie.....I still have gaby in her nightgown munching on scrambled eggs. I had the usual yogurt and banana.

Katy - wow, to the pound!! That is great , especially while away from home.I am impressed, good for you! I will have to check out yor blog later on when I have more time. Sorry about the momfactor, my mom thinks I am annoying too, actually the whole family does...lol WhatEVER,, I had to not speak to my mom for a year back in 99 so I could stay positive from her verbal yak yak and lose weight. Sheesh....

Mindee- awww, THAT Leslie!! Thanks, I was looking through past post and I didn't see Leslie's full name

Asia - Have fun today!

k- that is my ramble.....better get busy.

Hi to everyone
Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Oh wow...Did I blow it with donuts.....I had one yesterday, not bad enough to feel the remorse I guess because I just had one today also. Geesh! I will eat fruit the rest of the day and a chicken breast and salad for dinner, but I will remember those donuts. (alas,fondly, I am afraid)

I did ride 3 miles last evening and added that plus a 2 mile walk. So hoofing right along here.

Katy- Glad you are back and that you had a nice time. I don't know what to say about your mom p.oing you. Just let it roll off... I must say my mom has never done that, she is so easy to get along with. Now, at 80, she is saying a few things that are un-like her, so I have to think it is the start of dementia, or her heavy med dosage talking. Yay on the pound and thank you for the kind words.

Mindee- That Logan is going to be the next Houdini. Good job on the walks. You will reach your goal!!

Francie- Nice apt. Did you get a one or two bedroom? The grounds look very nice and also the pool. Now, will your furniture and everything be moved for you? I know there are lots of details, but you can handle it and enjoy the drive East.

Cristina- It has been hot and humid here lately also. I rode the bike when it was 81 the last two nights. Luckily by evening our whole neighborhood is shady and there is a slight breeze. Still humid though. I won't complain, since I hate Winter.

Sassy- Thinking of you and DH's job search. Hope it goes well. Hooray for the new supervisor being a good guy. I have no advice for giving up the Dew....I am just not much of a soda drinker anymore. Years ago I lived on it, but have never cared much for the de-caf stuff, so that broke me of my habit. (when the doc took away my caffeine)

Susan- Have a good day with Gaby. I wish I like yogurt...it is kind of disgusting to me for some reason. LOL

Jules- Hello...hope you are ok.

Asia- I bet you are having a good time on your hike and day with Andrew. Yum on the steak. I will have to get DH to take me out for steak now...you made me hungry for it. I never have been able to cook a good steak.

Oh...Katy- Forgot to add, way to go on the bike. If I, at 59, can ride one anyone can. LOL

Had to go to the DMV this a.m. and get the new title and switch plates for the new car. Yikes, they are busy for our little town.
I did all the laundry and heavy cleaning yesterday so I think I will go Swiffer and then relax with a book. Or might continue my search for a Vegas condo online. Either way I am not going to be working much!

Talk later gals.....

Last edited by suetalks; 07-29-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #45  
I was born this way hey!

Just real quick for now...check this out. What she did w/her ring is sooo funny, lol. Especially since she said that Matt would come over to look at it too. LMAO!!

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/07/29...gagement-ring/

PLUS...I had this dream, that Jesse & DeAnna broke up. LoL!! Sometimes my dreams come true..

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 07-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Closed Thread