Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies

Just a quicky this morning as I need to get moving. It's been gorgeous outside and I hate knowing that I'm indoors most of the day!!

Trish--I hope Tony starts feeling some relief! My hubby's back will go out, and never can figure out what it is that's causing it, he'll go to the chiropractor and it slowly returns to normal.

Angie--What in the world?! I don't remember ever feeling like I need to destroy something to have fun when I was a teen! And the consequences of getting caught! Did they get caught? Sorry to hear they hired a creepy guy at work!

Mindee--Boy! Hope you're all alright! If Brandon's hand looks really bad, I would take him in. If they start jumping to conclusions......didn't you say you had a neighbor there watching? Hope it's ok and not serious.

All is well, been drinking tons of water (or at least if feels like tons) and walking. So I'm feeling better about that. Heading in the right direction. DD is here this weekend and I have plans to talk her into walking the neighborhood with me.

Ok...must get moving. I feel a long day ahead already!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi All, Sassy here! Be prepared Y'all its a Long One!!!! LOL!!!

Hi All, Sassy Here!!! Be prepared y'all its a long one! lol.

Well I just got back from my Dr. Why? I think I have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) So they took a urine sample and are gonna send it off to check for cultures to be sure they are giving me the correct anti-biotic. But he did mention that I have Protein in my Urine. Now I looked online and that can be caused from me being a Diabetic. He didn't say how much, but did lecture me about getting my A1C done (blood tests for Diabetes) because he said that protein in the urine can mean kidney damage!!! Ok so he tells me this like he is telling me that my shoe is untied and all the while pushing me out the door (not literally but you know what I mean) My dr has never been this way before and I know he was very busy before I came in, but still??? U don't just tell somebody that and then say "Goodbye have a good day" So for right now at this moment, I am not gonna worry about it until there is cause to worry, so I am not asking for any info. (not right now at least) Thanks so much, but I don't wanna worry myself anymore than I have too. Cuz I'm a worrier!!! lol.

So I dunno. I've been seeing this dr for about 4 or 5 yrs now, but I may change. Like my mil has always said, "Drs are like plumbers, you hire them and you can fire them if your not satisfied." My mil is a retired ICU nurse.

Here I thought I was doing pretty good here lately and my dr has to totally "rain on my parade" lol. I haven't been eating fast food in a long time and infact do not even want it anymore like I used too crave it. Now the thought of it makes me sick, if you can believe that coming out of my mouth!!! lol.

Now for the hardest part of all...........giving up my Mt.Dew. That is a toughie that I have been struggling with for many, many, many years. I quit for a while then go right back to it. But I know I HAVE to give it up. I don't like Diet Pop so I just wanna give it all up period. So I came home and figure no time like the present and got me some water. I am hot and sweaty anyways from waiting forever in the stupid drs office waiting room forever to get seen for only 5 MINUTES!!! GRRRR!!! Anyways...........lol.

On my lunch I went to the grocery store that I have been going too to grab some lunch and here lately I just have not been hungry at all. (I know shocker there as well) So I have been eating very small meals, just more frequently. I have also been getting off my duff at work and moving around, infact my co worker tonight made a comment about me "getting up AGAIN" lol. I told him, "It doesn't hurt me none to get up and move around" Also I walk around the Grocery Store too, that is another benefit of going there. I even walked down the candy aisle looked at chocolate and WALKED AWAY!!!!

So I think I have been doing good, can I do better? YES!! I can, but its a good start and I feel that its different this time. I know I've been down this road many, many, many, many, many times, but I honestly feel different. I wanna order a book I was looking through at the store, its called, "Clean Eating" By Tosco Reno. Anybody ever read it?

I also want to buy me an organizer. I need one cuz my life is a mess! lol. Something to keep track of EVERYTHING!!! Food, Blood Sugars, Meds, exercise, EVERYTHING is getting written down!!!! Its gonna be titled, "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!!" lol. And I am gonna take it with me EVERYWHERE I go!!!!

I also am going to purchase a scale to keep track of my weight. We already have a food scale, but we want a better one. DH has been cooking for me every night that he was off, bless his sweet heart!!! Even though I didn't each much at all...........

Oh and speaking of DH, he starts his new shift (mine) on Sunday night!!! So we will now be on the SAME shift!!!

OH and also my Dept. has a new supervisor, so I am no longer under the "Weasel" anymore!!! AND our new supervisor? Is a LONG time friend of DH's, he was down talking to my dept. today (after I had already left) and told DH he wants to talk to me on either Monday or Tuesday morning (when I am working) He wants to know EVERYTHING about what has been going on, I told DH, "how much time does the man have?" lol. I plan on making a list.

OMG you all, I just feel that big black dark cloud lifting off of me, FINALLY! It feels SO good!!! I see life so differently now! What has been wrong with me???!!! I am so dense, complaining and not doing nothing about it! Not getting out and enjoying life!!! Well no more! My new goal is to work my way up to walking as much as possible so when we go on vacation the end of September, we can go out and enjoy ourselves, maybe even go on a HIKE! I haven't been on one in a LONG time and I used to SO love taking a good hike!!! I love nature, so I plan on going out and enjoying it! I don't care how many stares, looks, I get, I don't care!!!! I am doing this for me, not anybody else!! They can look and stare all they want. Infact if they want an autographed picture, they can ask me for one!!!

Well I guess that is enough for now. lol.............plus I need to take a shower and get to bed........

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in.....

I am thinking of doing one more week of phase 1...since the scale kind of did the opposite effect when I added the carbs in. so, I am either going to do that, or just stick to one carb a day and leave it at that.

My gashes are great......they are closing themselves up and are no longer bleeding. Brandon's hand is looking good. he is doing great with letting me put the medicine on it. I told him that I have to wrap it up at night so the medicine doesn't get all over his bedding. He got up once last night, but I think it was because he fell out of bed.

Sassy~ My goodness you have been busy! That is so exciting about every thing going on at work! I hate doctors that are like that! I especially hate them when they are pediatricians.....or even the doctors at the prompt care when we take the kids in.

Marti~ The neighbor came over after it had happened, when Brandon was sitting with his hand on some ice.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #19  

Morning ladies...

A quick pop in today....

Sassy--How very cool is it that your supervisor is a friend of DH??? Sounds like things are really look up for you Sassy....very happy for you! When you go on that hike.....take your camera and take tons of candid shots! Those are always the best to look at later.

Mindee--Carbs are my enemy!! Don't get me wrong, I do have a sweet tooth, just not a very big one. Chips, popcorn, bread, pasta.........you're doing good on SBD, so do what works for you!

I better get moving....DD is here this weekend so may not get much time online.

You all have a great weekend and I'll chat with you later.

Last edited by Marti; 07-25-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #20  

doing my daily pop in.....

I bit the bullet and called the pediatricians office. I explained to the one nurse that we know very well, what had happened, and what we have been doing for his burns and blisters. She said that we have been doing every thing right. Just to make sure that we wrap it while he is playing, but we can let the air get to it at night. To keep putting the silver stuff on it that our neighbor is letting us use. And under no circumstances to pop the blisters that he has....we are to leave them to pop on their own OR they will reabsorb the fluid in them, and then they will shrink and fall off on their own.

My gashes are doing well. The one on my leg is pretty much closed, but I am still putting neosporin on it and covering it with a band aid. the one on my arm, well the top of it has closed, but not the bottom half. so neosporin on those and covering those ones as well.

As of right now, we are not going anywhere this coming weekend.....so we will be staying home or at least in this area. That means, spending time at the pool, walking them over to the park so that they can play, and who knows where else we will end up at or who will end up over here.

thanks for the nice comments on my avatar. I was looking at them last night when I uploaded them, and I thought I saw a difference, but then again, it was late too and I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I do have to say that the evil ice cream got to me last night. BUT in my defense it tasted really gross! Tommy said "that is because you haven't had sugar in a while, so your body thinks it is an intruder." Fine by me! I won't be eating any more from now on!

We were discussing my birthday party on the way home from the park. He said "all I am providing are the hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, pop, plates and cups. every thing else, some body else can bring." I said "what? I don't get a cake?" He said "well, you don't usually eat cake, and I am not spending 15 dollars on a cake. or maybe I will just make you one."

other then that, nothing really new......besides Logan climbing out of his bedroom window again last night! I swear I don't know what I am going to do with this kid!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #21  
~Believe~

Well hate to be the one to bring back my little "black cloud" again, but its back and I have nothing to do with it coming back this time. My DH got fired. I will not go into details here because its a public forum, but if you want more details, you know how to get a hold of me.

The eating is going well, infact I only eat enough to take my medications, otherwise I probably wouldn't be eating. Mt. Dew, is not so easy. I have cut down.

Well thats all. I am off to bed. My sleep schedule is all messed up now with the "news" my DH woke me up on Thursday to tell me and we had to do some talking and stuff.

We will be fine, I for once am not worried. I told DH "We have been through worse." He keeps feeling like he has "Failed" me cuz well I guess that is that "male gene" thing where they still have feel like they are "providing" for their family. But I reassured him that no, he did not fail me.

Well I'm really off now! lol.

Bye!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #22  

doing my daily pop in...

I found this really cute new layout for my myspace.....if you have me on your list, go and check it out if you want. I also got my pictures moved around so I don't have as many folders of pictures. a friend of mine always teases me because I have two pages of pictures.

Sassy~ My goodness! I will have to send you a message here in a second.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #23  

A quick pop in here today.....been busy this weekend with DD, did a little running around yesterday and today we're tackling her room!

Sassy--Sorry to hear about DH! Keeping you both in my thoughts that he find a much better job that he loves. And don't consider yourself a black cloud, that's a tough thing to overcome!

Mindee--
When you keep your body from certain foods and then end up eating it later on.....you come to realize that its really not as good as we make them out to be! My DD doesn't eat much cake either, so for her BD, she request strawberry shortcake (angel food cake) which is a healthier alternative. And perfect for summer.

Hello to the rest of you girls out there. How are you all doing?

I've got a couple more places to pop in and then it's off the computer. Have a great day ladies.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #24  

doing my daily pop in......

we were supposed to have gone to our nephews birthday party today......but with money being tight and such, we just decided to stay home. Marissa and Logan are laying down, Tommy is sleeping on the couch, and Brandon is picking out what he wants me to make as far as goodies wise.

I am doing good I am up to 229.0 this morning, but you gotta love the baggage that AF brings with her! I am just happy that it isn't any more then that! I have been logging my food since Friday, and I have really changed my eating A LOT! Friday, I was within all the ranges, just above in carbs and low in protein. Yesterday, I was again within all the ranges, just below by one point in the protein area! And that was great for eating pizza last night....oh and a little bit of ice cream too.

Marti~ I like the idea of strawberry shortcake instead of cake......so I will have Tommy make that for me instead if he still offers to make me a cake. I agree with you on the thought about when we eat something that we haven't in a while, it makes us realize that it really isn't as good for us as we originally thought.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #25  
~Believe~

Red face Hi All.

Hi All.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful support.

Yes we will be fine. At first DH was worried, but I reassured him, (that is a first, its usually the other way around!!! lol!) that everything would be just fine.

So now he feels relieved that its over with now, as you all know it has not been easy working here. But I am truly thankful that I am still here. Cuz that is the only source of income right now.

Everybody at work was asking how he is doing. (I just got here) I told everyone "Just fine". They of course want to know more but all I tell them is "If you wanna know more, call DH, I need my job too much to even think about talking about it."

So DH took the "Weekend" off to relax and not think about it and then starting tomorrow he is going to start job searching again. He has put out many many calls and resumes and what not already, but he is gonna follow up on some and apply to more jobs.

In the AM when I get home from work, I have to call our corporate HR about switching our insurance over to me, so that we are insured. I tried doing it Friday morning, but they didn't have him as gone yet in their systems, so they said to try on Monday morning then they can switch everything over and said it will be like nothing ever happened, we won't lose any coverage, which is good. I told DH even if he gets a job with benefits, I'm keeping them here too, just so if something like this happens again, we are prepared. I learned my lesson on that one.

Also I think once he gets another job and we are "ok" and all, I want to start putting money in the savings, nice to have a little "nest egg" for emergencies. Man I am getting old. Talking about "nest eggs" lol.

Anywho, we shall be just fine and I have NOT turned towards food for comfort! We did go out for breakfast yesterday with my FIL, he really wanted too, so I did "splurge" then and we also ordered Pizza for lunch cuz it was DH & my day together, so we watched movies and ate pizza. Today so far I've had a chicken salad sandwich. We'll see about lunch (my lunch lol)......

I still haven't gave up my Mt. Dew yet. That is a toughie. Esp now. I know that is no excuse to continue drinking it, but wow it is tough!

Big
Old 07-28-2008, 12:54 AM   #26  

doing my nightly pop in....

we took the kids for our nightly walk after dinner tonight.....they enjoyed it, and of course there were more boats out in the water tonight then the other night. the swan family was back again tonight, so the kids liked seeing them again.

we talked more about my birthday party. we brought up the idea of having everybody meet us at our place, and then we will walk over to the park and have my party there. Tommy also mentioned about getting me an Oreo pie from a local pie place, if we have the money. I really don't want it.....so I am going to push more for the strawberry shortcake idea. (made with fresh strawberries and Angel Food Cake)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi All.A quick fly by. I weighed in at 195.6 this morning~I think I lost 1.2 in spite of the doughnut I should not have eaten. Catch ya all later. Pat

Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #28  

Morning girls...

Mindee--I bet the view of the boats in the evening looked amazing! And what a great activity for the entire family, walking after dinner!!

Sassy--You're never too old or too young to be talking about a nest egg!! We have a little saved up....and I mean "little", nothing that would ever keep us out of trouble if we were ever in it! Should really start saving ourselves!

Pat-- And great job on the loss!

Hello to Sue, Angie,Trish, Ellen, Jane, MaryKate,.....oh my gosh, I know I'm missing someone......(sorry if I did) pop in and say hello if you get a chance.

I need to get ready for this dreaded week of work. Hospital opens up in 2 weeks. Not going to be pretty at work until then.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #29  
~Believe~

Wink Afternoon Chicks!

Afternoon Chicks!!

Well Here I am home..........Guess who stopped down this morning to see me, at work? My NEW supervisor! He is VERY nice! He is gonna work on our schedules too cuz they all got messed up when we went under the previous management.

DH is out running errands and job searching today. I sent him a bunch of jobs and he applied to those this morning.

Marti -- Yeah I guess your right, never too soon to save, esp in this economy, right?

Well I guess I should go to bed now. I don't wanna. I feel like a little kid who doesn't want to go to bed. lol. I don't wanna. lol..............Ah well only two more nights this week and I'm off again!!!

Have An Awesome Monday!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #30  

doing my daily pop in....

and early night for all of us tonight...no body took naps today! we will find out here shortly if we can have a garage sale or not. three other people in here want to have one so I am hoping that we can do it!

the boys are sitting on their bikes watching Little Einsteins and Marissa is sitting here next to me in the high chair eating some mashed potatoes from last night.

I got my walk in with Leslie this morning.....now I am hoping to keep it up from here on out. I am going to get into the habit of walking with her in the morning and then taking the walks after dinner with the family.

Marti~ Tommy mentioned a couple of times last night that we should have grabbed the camera. So, I think that from now on we will take it with us when we go over there.

Pat~ You are doing great!!!

Sassy~ That is great to hear about your discussion with your new supervisor!