Back In Kindergarten #51

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
    Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
  • How do you get the ticker to show up under your post?
  • It is put in the signature line...go to USERCP at the top left corner, then go to edit signature.
  • Hello ladies...

Was going to get caught up and post but spent too much time starting the new thread. I have to go finish watching Sweeney Todd...started watching it last night with DD but could not stay awake. So I have to go finish it because DS is sending it back today...he has Netflix.

Have good one...I'll be back!
  • Good Morning -

Welcome to BIK and 3fC defygravity531 Congrats on the 55 pound weight loss!

Cristina - I felt bad teasing you about the 128/228 last night. It struck me as funny and I wasn't even tipsy or full of coffee. hehe. Let me know how you like Sweeney Todd, I saw that with McD and the blood kind of bothered me after a while. Thanks for starting the new thread for us!

Francie - I am glad the neck is feeling better! Is Tacoma the biggest city close to you? I have only seen it from the freeway, looks vast (?!?!)...and isn't it weird they have better looking clothes on the websites?? And once you get in the store you can't find anything that you have seen.

Asia- I was teasing, no problem and you don't need to say you are sorry!! Hope you have a super Thursday!

Mindee- Cute avatar!
    After the Kasier ended in Jan. we were over income due to my unemployment (can you imagine??lol) to get CareOregon. Gaby had to be 6 months without coverage, plus the income limit would go up $300 a month. So, I was in the office signing her up asap and they worked pretty quick, like the next day. I hate to say it but she will get better care w/ Doernbecher and Willamette Dental. And I can even get coverage if I was pregnant, so I am weighing the pro/cons on that.

jk! lol

Jules- That is kind of sad about Ry, he does seem far from home. On the bright side maybe you can make yearly visits and we can see you more.

Sassy- I am glad getting together w/ your family seemed to go well

I better go. I ate oatmeal for breakfast and I weighed in at 152, argh. Am I ever going to get it down???? So, annoying to me. Have to go shop for a 2 year old birthday present, any idea's?? It is for a girl...and I need 2 because they are twins

chat later.
  • doing my daily pop in......

Tommy called me on his lunch break and said "what are you making for lunch?" I said "what are you talking about what am I making for lunch?" he then said "what are you making us for lunch?" needless to say, him and the lady that he was running a press with were sent home early because they ran out of work. He took her home and should be on his way home now.

I told the boys that they had to take naps or they weren't going swimming. Brandon is watching a movie, and Logan, well he is being Logan. I am not sure what I am going to make for lunch....Tommy wants me to make some peanut butter cookies, but I am thinking about waiting until tonight when it is cooler.

I will have to come back later to finish up.

psssstt Asia......that was me at 228.8
  • Cristina~I really liked Sweeny Todd. But then I like mostly anything that has Johnny Depp in it. He could make a movie with him just watching paint dry and it would be genius, lol.

Susan~Well..Seattle & Tacoma are the biggest cities close to me. They're both like an hour or so away. But the Tacoma mall has Torrid, so thats why we went. What a waste of time that was, lol.

Mindee~I wish Fonzo could come home for running out of work to do. But noooo..some of the stupid people he works with dont even know what they're doing so Fonzo has to fix their effin messes. Oh well..only a couple more weeks and he'll be done with the ship!! Yay!!

Sassy~Too funny about the big eraser!! LoL!!! Dont you just hate it when family tells you how cute you were when you were little, or feels the need to remind you of some embarrassing thing you once did, lol.

AF is still around. She's been here for 7 flippin days now!!! I'm losing my mind!!!!! Why wont it go away!!!!!!!!!

Okay..I'm hungry, in need of a shower and really sleepy. I dont know which one is gonna win in the end, lol. But I'm leaning towards going back to bed and showering later. I'm gonna try to wait a little bit longer until Fonzo gets home, so we can nap together...
  • Francie - What is AF?

Mindee -

Cristina - I found a Cristina doll!!
    I was going to say she looks like you but you are blonde.

Nope, I have never been blonde, bet you are all wondering that! haha.

My lunch is a salad but I have to get some shopping in first otherwise I will be having Gab in tow later on. It is her Friday, thank goodness, she could use a few days off.

bbl.
  • AF= Aunt flow
  • Speaking of af. I have been waiting for like a week and a half. I have all of my symtons. You know.....crying for no reason....my boobs are so tender I can barely do my taebo. I have even had occasional cramping. And bloating like nobody's business. Where is flo. She has to come. There isnt any reason why she wouldnt. Maybe because right after the last one I started exercising a hour a day which was a hour more than previously. Maybe its throwing it off. I just hate this waiting with all of the pms. AAAHHHH. Thanks for letting me vent about that. I mean even all of my friends and my mother that normally start with me are started and almost over. We normally start withing a day of each other. k moving on.....

Susan- Argh!! I wish I could weigh 152!! I will eventually. And you will eventually get out of the 152 plateau.

Cristina- Did you finish Sweeny Todd? I went with a friend and I liked it but it is so gory. I def. liked the story line though. The ended was so crooked.

I did the biggest work out ever today. Because of all of the couscous I ate I made it back up to 134. Part I am sure was muscle because my muscles havnt gotten this big a work out in for ever. Anyways today after my strength training I weighed and I was back down to 172. So I am back on track. I did taebo strength and then Idid 36 push-ups, squats, calf raises, flys, lateral dumbell raise, lower and upper abs. I did everything. I am so proud of my push ups though. I have the worst upper body strength unless I am picking something up. Anyways I still have to do girly pushups but they are so hard core looking. I can actually go all the way down to the ground and keep my posture. I cant wait till I can do real ones.
  • Okay, I am back, finally! Had things to do and I am done for the day, well, except for cooking dinner later and that chili and cornbread are sounding soooo freakin good right now...hot or not! Might have to make some tomorrow, anyway...

SUSAN...you don't have to feel bad missy. I knew you were kidding and I didn't take it wrong or anything. I did finally get some sleep thank goodness but I don't think enough. Funny about McD and the 6 yr olds having a melt down...I know Cambrie has them and she is only four, but then I have them too, lol. Can't wait to see a pic and I LOVE the cutie with my name...too bad she's not blonde darn it.

FRANCIE...that's weird the guy cutting your hair with an electric razor, never heard of that. I've had a razor cut before but not with an electric razor...maybe it was the fastest way to cut thru all your hair, lol. I like the tattoo...are you going with just the black or adding color to it? Isn't that usually the way it goes...you have money to spend and can't find anything? Then when you don't have money you find all kinds of stuff. Seems to always work that way with me anyway, lol. Make sure and send me your address when you guys move, that is if you want to.

SASSY...I don't mind hearing the cutesy stories but it's the embarassing ones that kill me. But then I do remember I was young and silly. Sounds like you had a nice time visiting with everyone.

MINDEE...wouldn't that have been great to be at 128.8 though? Didn't even see that typo, lol.

ASIA...I LOVE your tattoo too! I love crosses and that one is nice for sure, big, but nice. I am a chicken about getting one so big. Glad you caught the mistake before you kept eating more. I've misread labels before and paid for it, lol. Hey, if you don't make your goal that's okay...you are doing a great job so try to just stay focused on the now.

JULES...sounds like Teri has a good head on her shoulders! And yeah, unfortunately Dave will have to be a part of her life because of little Dominic...who knows, maybe in time he will change. It's terrible when the kids move away for sure. I know I had a hard time with Josh being so far away. Lots of hugs to you

HIYA KATY & SUE...& CLARA wherever you are, hoping you find your way back here, and hoping all is well with you all.

Okay, so I did like Sweeney Todd. Kind of had a hard time understanding a lot of what was said...seems like they mumbled a lot...but I actually liked it. I figured he was going to die and I knew who the bum was right from the start, lol. But never dreamed it would end like it did.

Back on track with the eating and exercise. Definitely need to work on my eating. I did a bad thing yesterday. When I went to the store I bought a bag of those mini choc donuts and I ate everyone of them Yes, I did! That is horrible...I don't know what is wrong with me. I have the symptoms of TOM/AF but I believe I am totally thru with them so...but I had this craving for choc and not just any choc and ate the whole damn bag of them, lol. I'm not beating myself up over it because I know what I did and know that I won't do it again...I've never done that before either by the way. I was a little embarassed that I did it but whatever, lol...I did it and they were good! Wanna hear the grand total of cals for just those yesterday? A whopping 1620 cals that's if I ate and there was actually a full 6 servings in the bag. Let's just say I won't be buying them for a long time...it was an impulse buy and I was hungry at the time too.

Today's exercise I did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt, WATP Slim & Thin and I mowed the backyard and have 10 minutes of weights to do. I'm taking it easy on the weights because my right arm is a little sore from Tuesday. I helped V move some gravel and scooped three wheel barrows full for him and took two of those to the back so...still feeling it. But the BL workout kind of made it feel better.

I did get some sleep but still feel a little tired, well, sleepy actually. Got up early to get to wally world and buy groceries, well, finish buying groceries. Glad I didn't have much to get.

Have a good day everyone
  • SUSAN...almost forgot...did you figure out what to get the 2 year old twins? I am never good at the gift buying/giving...never know what to get anyone, especially 2 year olds!

There was something else I was going to say and now I have forgotten. Oh well, guess it will come to me later.

Have a good day ladies!
  • Cristina - No, I was thinking something to push or pull for the 2 year olds. lol I don't know, or a soft doll with zippers and buttons they can play with. We have a cute toy store in the village, I might go there...........but without Gaby because she will want something.
    I liked your chocolate story! Cracked me up.........I mean it isn't funny but the way you wrote it , I could see myself doing the same exact thing.

anyway - bbl.........I have to rush and get Gabster!!
  • we just got back from the pool maybe a half hour ago.....I was over there with the boys since 3:30, we came home maybe an hour later to get Tommy and myself in our suits. then back to the pool we went. we got home about 6:30 or so.....now we are eating dinner and then bedtime for the little ones. I took some pictures of them at the pool earlier, so I will have to upload those to my myspace.

all three kids got some sun.....even Marissa and she wasn't even in the pool that long. Tommy had me put some sun screen on the top of his head.....it was the kids sun screen but it still worked.

Francie~ I hope AF goes away soon! I hate those times when she stays too long. I am sure that you guys are counting down the days until he gets off that ship!

Cristina~ Don't worry about the typo......I like that weight MUCH better then what the scale tells me! LOL

hello to every one else......I am going to scoot here quickly since my dinner is done and Tommy is going to the store with Brandon......let will leave me to put Logan to bed.
  • Back for the blink of an eye.......

Cristina - Be careful with wheel barrows and gravel!! Dangerous combo, take it easy. I can't believe I worked in the yard weeding for 3 days and had a hurt back for 2 days afterwards. Get some sleep

Mindee- Glad you guys enjoyed the pool today! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Asia- Good for you on the 172 and all the exercising! I hope TOM/FL happens soon. I just have the pre back ache this week and *itchiness. lol It has taken me since January to go from 171 to 152....what, 21 pounds?? lol.....and 13 1/2 months to lose 54 pounds, just seems slow and the up and down drives me bonkers. ..I do feel a lot better, I guess that is the most important thing.

Hello to everyone else!!! Going to the zoo tomorrow w/ the 6 year olds, Miss Alaska goes back Saturday. I guess we can't even go to the zoo til noon because she isn't use to getting up early.......poor little thing,she has been down here away from her mother for 6 weeks spending time w/ relatives....who don't know how to get her on a f-ing schedule. Oops, TOM speaking again...haha.....

night all