Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

That is so nice that you met! Great picture, you're all beautiful girls!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face Sunday July 27

Great to see a picture of you three together ......wish more of us could do that. Too bad we couldn't have a "meet". Canada is too darned big and it frustrates me.

have a great day. Laura

Current weight: 180
Old 07-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #108  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I think you all look great . . . . . . It's truly amazing when you get together with people you've been chatting with on line. Since you already know a lot about each other, it's more like a reunion than a first meeting. You just talk, and talk, and talk.

Although I definitely know what you mean, Anne. I've got a lot of ill-fitting clothes too and I refuse to buy anything expensive when I'm sort of in mid-loss-mode.

Okay . . . Laura . . . how about lunch in Truro someday (that's about half-way) . . . and don't we have another Nova Scotian, too?

About my Saturday . . . Luckily, we had a breeze and didn't get too much sun yesterday since I woke up with a really nasty migraine and couldn't stand any noise or any light and had to turn off my noisy dehumidifier and window A/C units. This morning, no headache , so the noisy appliances can go back on. Good thing since the sun is back with a vengeance and the heat and humidity levels are going to be even worse than yesterday.

There's a lot to be said for electric baseboard heating -- it's very clean (almost no dust) and it's very quiet. Although it used to be about the most expensive method of heating, it isn't anymore because the price of oil is so high, plus all-electric houses are very well insulated and that actually reduces the costs of both heating and cooling (well, that's true if the house was built for electric heating; it doesn't make a good retrofit for an older house without a lot of additional expense). BUT -- I really miss central A/C -- the window units do the job, but they are sooooo noisy and sooooo ugly -- without a forced air system, though, that's about the only option.

Anyway . . . Good Morning everybody . . .
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #109  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Smile New here

Hi everyone,

Can I come join you guys.

I am Cindie from Quebec 45 min north of Montréal.I am 29 a mom to 2 girls 7 and 9 and was a surrogate mother to twins in 2006 so 3 pregnancy's in all (so far lol..going to be a surrogate again)I work from home I am a third party reproductive consultant (for egg donation and surrogacy) .My weight has usually always sat at 192 and really only gained 10 lbs with both my girls and lost it all when the were born even some more cause of breast feeding.Once I was pageant with the twins I went from 192 to 220 by the end (which is still fairly good) but I have not been able to get back down ,I tried once last year I was doing a stationary bike every day for at least a half hour I got down to 189 but DH gave so I had no motivation to continue.I am now 205 and started eating differently today.I get migraines really easy so I need to eat on time and I can't half starve my self or instant migraine.I am not an emotional eater and I am not a big snack junkie but I guess it is my portion size,what I eat and take out.I really only eat out on Fridays with my family,I usually cook all week.I really need some motivation and support .I am going to cut out my whites (which I started today).I am going to attempt the bike after I am just getting over a sprained ankle so still a bit sore .I usually have for breakfast 2 toast with peanut butter and a banana.This am I had one egg a yogurt banana and orange juice is this good or to much?I really need help..

I am going to start walking again after supper and I have a pool and do swim everyday usually.

Sorry for the long post I need some friends and support.Please feel free to add comments or if anyone has any questions about anything I am an open book.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #110  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraNS View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Great to see a picture of you three together ......wish more of us could do that. Too bad we couldn't have a "meet". Canada is too darned big and it frustrates me.
Hi Laura,

Yes, Canada is a big country but so are the States. It does not mean that chicks cannot meet in smaller group depending on geography. It just happens that there is a couple of us in this area but I am sure you will be able to have a little reunion in NS as well.
In the past, I met people from another forum and a small group of us (about 6 total) really liked each other so we remained friends in real life as well and meet on a semi-regular basis. We live apart from each other so it means that someone always have to drive a longer distance but we try to meet at different cities so that it is not always the same person that is inconvinienced. We do what we can to meet several times a year and it is so nice to catch up . We have been doing this for the last - gosh, I am trying to remember - 4 years? It is always so much fun.

Cin, I left you a message in the Introductions forum.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #111  
Onward and Downward

Welcome to our Crazy Canuks Cluck Club CINDI . . . glad to have you joining us, Chickie. You are really an angel to lend your body to help other woman have families.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #112  
Starting Sept 16,2010

S/C/G: 210/189/180

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for the warm welcome...Meowee~thanks i am very proude to of helped a great family.People don't realize how many great couples are out there who can not have children.

How do i find this thread i found it through another post i can';t find it on my own..lol
Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #113  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

CINDI . . . at the top of the thread page, you will find a little purple box (at the right hand side) that says 'Thread Tools' . . . click on that and then click on the third entry that says 'Subscribe to this Thread' . . . the next time you log in, you can click on User CP (the first entry on the main purple navigation bar just below the picture of the chicks) and, if there are new posts in any of your subscribed threads, they will be listed and you can click on them from there.

Anyway, gang . . . I'm running late this morning so I'd better get myself moving and shaking around here . . .
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

Good morning ladies and hi Cin!! I hope you all have a great day!! I hope to get to know everyone well enough that someday I can meet some of you too!!

Cin - I am awed by what you do!

Last edited by leelily; 07-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #115  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You beat me to it, Meowee! Cindi!

The Fair is over and a great silence has descended on the wee town of Delta - until next weekend which is another long one with the usual flurry of events. It's a good thing we hibernate with the bears for the winter. I'm looking forward to a peaceful five days as I'm bone weary from the flurry of the past two months.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #116  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Hi Cindi! The more the merrier! Have a wonderful day all. Me, gotta get some chores done so the kids and I can go have some fun before more rain comes tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #117  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES ~ we've been very busy so far this summer; had company for almost two weeks. Relatives came in June and July; was so nice to see them. Since then, we've been working on our dream cabin/cottage on any days that have nice weather, as in not too hot or too wet. We go and spend the day with a picnic and it has been so fun ...

TOMATO, REALCDN, SUSANB ~ that is a lovely picture of you three at your meeting in Stratford.

ANNE ~ you are a beautiful lady; as a matter of fact, have you noticed that everyone here at 3FC's are all beautiful people? We are all just way too hard on ourselves really!

FAUXTINI ~ you are gorgeous too and what a lovely smile; no wonder your BF is beaming at you; no doubt an amazing personality to match.

LEELILY ~ you just have to get out there and enjoy your life; don't let it pass you by; and the more you go out for walks and such, the closer you will be to your goals. I would just love to be down to your weight, girl. I know all things are relative in this life, but I'm sure that you are beautiful inside and out.

Well, I just wanted to come in and check in as I haven't been here in a while from being so busy; gone to a cottage for two weeks on holidays, and so forth. I try to come in and post on my other two regular threads as much as I can. It's nice to see so many CANADIANS here at 3FC's ... way to go!!!

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-28-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #118  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood View Post
gotta get some chores done so the kids and I can go have some fun before more rain comes tomorrow!
Julia,
Are you sure the rain is coming today? I don't know - I did not have time to watch weather forecast on TV but his morning, the radio station (although I think it is a Hamilton station) said "increasing cloudiness" but nada about rain!
A nice slow gardening rain would be so lovely!

By the way, I remember that around this time of year last year I argued with my mom (who was saying that the days are getting shorter) that one month (since the summer solstice) cannot make that much difference. But she was right, of course. I noticed this morning that it was still pretty dark when I was getting on the treadmill (I get up at the ungodly hour of 5:25 to squeeze treadmill in when it is still cool outside) - soon, I will have to turn the light on!
I found out (in winter) that I really cannot run on treadmill in darkness and that I do need a bit of light. I think I will need to install the thingy that turns lights off when you clap your hands so that I don't have to get off the treadmill and interrupt my exercise when the light is no longer needed.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

I think I use Goderich weather but the little picture is just a sun! It's really lovely out on my deck. I'll have to be careful that me and my book don't end up out there before I get anything done around here.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #120  
Onward and Downward

I'm having one of those days when nothing seems to go right.
Closed Thread