3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/145227-steel-magnolias-24-a.html)

Jean 07-05-2008 05:29 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's sunny and windy here today. I'm glad I'm not sitting at the lake or I would be inside the cabin. My morning in the gift shop was long. I didn't have one person come in and I didn't buy anything either. We have a new buyer and she has picked out things that would go together to decorate a whole room. There's nothing I like and certainly nothing someone would pick up as a spur-of-the-moment gift for a patient. :( Now I'm doing laundry. For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally came downstairs for an hour and then went back to bed. I must have slept because the alarm woke me up. I am ready for a nap! :yawn:

Gail -- It's nice to see your post today. I know how husbands being home can interfer with the "me" time. ;) You are doing better than I since I haven't written anything down for awhile . . . too long to remember actually. I need to get myself motivated somehow.

The dryer is buzzing so I'm off! Have a relaxing evening and a super Sunday tomorrow.

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

GailR 07-05-2008 06:07 PM

Did I tell y'all that I'm a tad clumsy? I am. I dropped my laptop a few minutes ago. I tripped over something and off it went flying off the end table. I think it's okay. Everything seems to be working order.

Faye, okay...here's the deal with the allergy thing: My hayfever hits me about mid-August and lasts until we get a good hard frost. I've taken Allegra (prescribed by my family doctor) and that works for me. About 3-4 times a year I get a bad sinus infection that last about two weeks. If I phone my family doctor in the beginning and get an antibiotic it won't last the two weeks. I think the reason it lasted longer last time is because my family doctor was out of town. When I finally got through to him, I went in to see him...or rather for him to see me and that's when he ordered the ct scan of my sinuses and sent me out with another prescription and also to see the ears, nose, and throat doctor. After the allergy testing, Dr. I (ent doc) told me my options: 1) allergy shots (insurance pays for the serum but not the shot--does that make sense?!); 2) allergy drops (not covered by insurance at all because it's not FDA approved but cheaper than the shot and he's seen excellent results in other patients); 3) surgery (he said that is a last resort--surgery on my sinuses--not even going to think about that one); and 4) do nothing (except when a sinus infection hits me, call him instead of my family doctor and he will prescribe something for me). Okay...so...I ask myself...if I feel fine (and I do) except when those horrible sinus infections hit me...then why do anything?! Anyway, I go back to see the ent doc in about 5 weeks so I have time to think this through. The allergy drops would cost me $75 a month. What a bother.

Susan, Wayne and I were just talking about the fire down south this morning, wondering if it was still going. I've talked with both my Mom and Dad but they didn't mention them. Neither did my father-in-law when we've talked with him. I'm thinking they are thinking that smoke and fumes when it blows their way is normal. We are driving down to Va. Beach next week.

Maggie, on the news yesterday, they had a map of California with all the fires...a lot of fires in your state!!! Are you near the fires? Congratulations on your loss! Yaaaay! Yes...you're gonna do it this time--you've lost a lot.

Jean, I'm sorry to hear the eczema is giving you such a hard time. I could not take any OTC medicines for mine when it was particularly bad because I'm allergic to cortizone...even if it's the lowest dosage in a tube. Just makes it worse. I remember sometimes my hayfever medicine would help. Are you taking any kind of oral medication?

Gloria, that's a lot of reading! I read a lot also and I have never made a list. I should have because I have bought the same book twice especially something by Nora Roberts since she's re-releasing books. That annoys me so much when I do that! I get a lot of my hardcover books from my Mom but I usually buy paperbacks.

GailR 07-05-2008 06:15 PM

Jean, are you working during your summer break? Part-time? Full-time? I've been thinking about looking for a part-time job. Either before I sit down to eat or right afterwards, I write down what I eat. If I don't then I'll forget. I eat everything that is coming to me--I eat all my points for the day and then by the end of the week I've eaten the extra 35 points. So far this week I've lost another .8 lbs. Hopefully, tomorrow it will be more and if not...I'm okay with that. This time around NO PRESSURE of any kind.

Maggie 07-05-2008 07:49 PM

Saturday ~ Sunny And Hot

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Went into town this day to get ink for my printer ~ can't run out of that stuff ya know. While we were there Will saw my hair stylists car and asked if I wanted a trim ~ DID I?;) I sure did and went in and only had to wait for her to finish up with the gal she had in the chair. My hair grows so fast in the summer ~ I need to get it trimmed every two to three weeks. My gal is the "boss" so it was nice he spotter her car there. I was going to call and get in sometime this week for sure. Got a 5 point sandwich from Subway and am having left over tri tip from yesterday. Got some watermellon also left and that will make a grand dinner. I received my "BELIEVE" charm today and it is much better looking than it was in it's picture.

GLORIA What a reading list! Great idea that is. You are so correct for I am looking forward to that 80 pound loss now. And onward it goes.

SUSAN You need to stay away from that smoke for sure. You were a busy gal this day. What kind of a convection toaster oven did you get? I have done a roast with the mushroom soup and worcestershire sauce, garlic, onions, celery, etc and it turns out like beef strogonoff. Put some FF or low fat sour cream with it after it cooks and spoon it over noodles and it is yummy. :hug: Good thoughts of Stan will pop into your mind and put a smile on your face. I know you miss him.

JEAN No one has turned that firemans stuff in as of yet. Lots of things have been stolen off the emergency vehicles like, of all things that are of a "needed" nature ~ their 2 way radios. I hope they find these guys and lock them up for a long time where the sun don't shine. They need those radios to save lives and communicate important information. Hopefully since no one is buying ~ that buyer for the gift shop will have to rethink what she wants to try to sell.

GAIL Time does fly when you are having fun and you have been busy. Good for you showing losses. Rejoin WW when you feel you need to, no pressure.;) Laptops are built to take a beating. Look at all those school kids that have them in their pack and just drop them on the floor or sidewalk in front of the 7-ll store, No there aren't any fires at present near here. The ones that came close are now contained. There are about 500 or so still not contained around the state now ~ down from 1500. My nephew is putting in long hours.

Have a lovely evening Magnolias

GailR 07-06-2008 03:16 PM

Good afternoon! I've been knitting this afternoon. I love my mittens. I'm going to start knitting some more--not for me; but for everyone else in the family! Their hands will be warm this winter. :)

Maggie, my hair needs trimming badly. I also need to have some more highlights put in too. This is something I put off until I'm in dire need. I love the "BELIEVE" charm. I think I'll start looking for one and put on my charm bracelet also. Right now I have an apple and a bicycle on my charm bracelet for the 10 pounds lost since I started back to WW right after Christmas. Glad to hear a lot of those fires are out in California. Tonight we're having grilled chicken and rice. Don't know what kind of veggie I'm cooking but I have plenty to choose from.

We haven't done a whole lot today. We did go to church this morning. Right now Wayne is at a hot rod run in town. I chose to stay home--I'm tired from not getting enough sleep. He's having a grand time looking at all the old classic cars. He just phoned me about a Chevelle he liked.

Everyone have a great on program day!

QuilterInVA 07-06-2008 03:34 PM

Good afternoon, ladies. Don't know what happened to the post I did last night - must be floating around in cyberspace.

Gail, go to DailyPress.com for articles on the fires. The problem is they are burning underground. They burn up all the roots for a tree and the next little breeze the tree falls. This isn't a fire where you can see the flames and trees on fire. It is sneaky and underground because it's in a peat swamp.

We had smoke all weekend, even though it rained all night, I can still smell the smoke and see a haze from it.

I went to church this morning then came home to do laundry and begin on cleaning out the bookcases (I have 10 of them). Hopefully when I get done, I'll not only have weeded out books I'm no longer interested in, but also can get rid of a few bookcases.

I have a nice T-Bone steak for supper with 2 ears of corn on the cob and salad.

Have a good evening.

Maggie 07-06-2008 06:14 PM

Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Not much change in the weather here ~ still hot. The fires mostly on the costal side of the state. Spots here and there around also. Went to go to Applebees for lunch after church but it was packed to the rafters and there was at least a half hour wait. We went to Sonic instead. I spent too many points there but didn't blow the whole amount alloted for the day.

GAIL I found the "BELIEVE" charm on skyesterling.com. How neat you are starting a bracelet. Are you giving yourself a charm for every 5 pounds gone? I do 10 pounds or I wouldn't have room on my bracelet. ;) I found most of my collection of charms on broderick.com. They have lots and lots for decent prices. In fact a lot of them are on sale now. Here is a list of what is going on my bracelet. I have few gold ones I am putting on it and some charms are support type and not for pounds gone. There are 23 links in the bracelet (heafty) and one at the end to attach to the claw at the other end.

TEXAS ~ Where it all began ~ 10#s
FOCUS ~ (in gold) For keeping my focus.
JEEP ~ To get me whre I am going over the bumps in the road ~ 20#s
TIN MAN ~ I have heart to see this thing through ~ 30#s
LOCK & KEYS ~ My 10% loss reward
FOOD SCALE ~ Weigh & measure food and self 40#'s
NICKLE (cut out) ~ 50# loss
SNEAKEER ~ Exercise ~ 60#'s
GOLD STAR (in gold) Bravo, & BELIEVE ~ I can do this thing ~ 70#s
KNIFE, FORK, SPOON & DIET SODA~ Eat and drink sensibly ~ 80#s
3 GIRL CUTOUTS holding hands ~ My support group
CHEER LEADER ~ I am Thin Within and am cheered on
LOCKET ~ Holds before picture and after when I reach after
50 with % engraved on back ~ 1/2 way there at 90#s
DIME (cut out) 100# gone
PUZZLE & BELL ~ my piece fits and focus ~ 110#s
WHISTLE (gold) & STOP SIGN ~ Stop & pay attention ~ 120#s
BULLET & LIPS (gold) ~ Bite the bullet ~ 130#s
DIARY & PENCIL ~ Write what I bite ~ 140#s
TURTLE ~ Steady goes it ~ 150#'s
ON - OFF SWITCH ~ On w/good behavior OFF w/ bad ~ 160#s
CANOE & MOOSE~ 170#s Plan a hunting trip by canoe in the boundry waters
BUTTERFLY ~ REACHED goal and am out of the fat cacoon 175#

Since I am getting them all once again I will have fun soldering them on and wearing it. It will be such a reminder.

SUSAN WOW you have a lot of books. Well we used to but living in this small space we don't keep them like we used to. You would be surprised what you can get rid of when you downsize into a Motorhome.:o It tooks us a while to get rid of our things for sure. Keep out of that smoke the best you can girl.

HOWDY to everyone else.

ellis 07-07-2008 09:26 AM

New thread is here! :wave:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145670