Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #286  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

well I got an extra mile walk in yesterday (actually more) just getting through the parking lot. Too many people, not enough parking spots. I'm headed into work early today. Is this an insidious plot to get us to go to work earlier? Hot in the office too - was over 80 degrees yesterday. The vent right above my cubemate's head was actually blowing HOT air yesterday. Ugh. I'm sure there was something good about yesterday but I forgot what it was

I'm sorry I don't have time for personals right now. Will try to get back at lunch time. Oh yeah and I got an interesting suggestion from an Alzheimer's info session I attended yesterday. Will elaborate later.

Have a good one, let's stay temperate whereever we are
Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 AM   #287  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD... MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY

ANNIE....IF I COULD HAVE ONE THING OF YOURS I WOULD TAKE THE LOO FREQUENCYY AND NOW I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR VEGGIE GARDEN TOO!!

CEEJAY.....GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE MEDITATION. YOU WILL LIVE LONGER! AND AS FOR THE YOGA...MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOST WEIGHT WITH IT
SO GO CJ GO

SHAD#2.... SCROLLED BACK AND SAW ANOTHER POST FROM YOU.,...YES KIDDO THE KAKA(SP) IS ABOUT READY TO HIT THE FAN HERE. I'M CONSIDERING MOVING TO OZ NOW. I MUST DON MY ANTI-KAKA SUIT FOR THE TIME BEING. HOPE YOU THAW OUT DOWN THERE SOON. WHEN YOU SHOP...REMEMBER TO BUY ONLY THE BEST BITS OF THE TOWN!!!

WE HAD THE MOST ADORABLE A/C MAN HERE YESTERDAY. CUTE AS A BUTTON. LOVED TO TALK, FLIRT AND GAVE ME A LOT OF USEFUL INFO ON THE NOLD SYSTEM. WE HAVE WORKED OUT A BETTER PLAN TO RUN IT AND HOPEFULLY KEEP THE COMMUNITY ROOM COOL AND NOT LOSE THE A/C'S MOTOR! WHEN HE GOT INSIDE THE CIELING, THERE WAS A SMALL ICEBERG WRAPPED AROUND THE SMALLER UNIT. THE 2 UNITS OUTSIDE HAD YET TO FREEZE THANK GOD. SO WE ARE UP AND RUNNING. (HOPEFULLY)
NOTHING NEW WITH ME. A BIT OF OFFICE STUFF TODAY. ONLY ME AND MY FRIEND ARE HERE. BUT THE SILENCE WILL BE WONDERFUL
HAPPY THURSDAY/ FRIDAY

TO HAPPY AND MICHELLE AND THE REST THAT FOLLOW
Old 07-31-2008, 07:59 AM   #288  
Happy September

I SEE YOU TWO GALS SNUCK IN HERE WHILST I WAS BUSY COMPOSING MY POST

MICHELLE...HOPE THE VISIT WITH THE NUTRITIONIST GOES WELL. ANY SECRETS YOU WANT TO SHARE WILL BE HEARTILY REC'D!!

HAPPY...HOPE THE LONG WALK ISN'T TOO MUCH. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE IN SOME BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS WITH YOU...THE QUICKER PICKER UPPER!! I WILL SHARE MY ADORABLE, CUTE AS A BABY'S BUTT A/C MAN IF YOU WILL BE GENTLE WITH HIM!!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning ladies
Michelle
I thought I'd be the early bird this morning.

Shad
I like meditation. It's relaxing and so is Yoga. The Yoga dvd that I'm doing is mainly stretching. It feels good at the end of the day to get some of the muscles to relax. I've been sleeping 100% better.

You may wonder why I'm up early this morning on my day off. The phone rang at 5.30 a.m. It seems my co-worker who is suppose to come in today can't walk. He's been having trouble with his hips. I returned the call to my boss who's at home in the shower so his wife take's my message and he call's me back. He nearly flipped out when I told him I had a doctor's appointment today. The drs. office called Tuesday to change my appointment bc the dr will not be there on my appointed time. My boss ask me why I'm going to the dr! I told him it was shcedule for my day off. I thought to myself I'm soon to be 58 and my body is beginning to falll apart. I do go to the dr GET used to it. He asked me if it would take all day--Told him just because my appt is at 10.15 doesn't always mean it's going to be at 10.15. He know's that. Then he starts asking me questions right and left. Tim I can't THINK while I'm asleep. Then he said you can sort it out when you get here--the sooner the better. I wanted to get the oil changed while I was in Jnesboro but guess that will take another day. I am stopping to eat lunch at Ryans just to take up some more time. He said to be prepared to work the rest of the week end.
The overtime will come in handy as I'm planning a birthday get away to Missouri either in August or September.

Sorry for the rant this early in the morning.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #290  

Alot of early birds this morning.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #291  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dealing with a power outage, guys banging on the roof and other crap. Still alive and will try to get back later.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #292  

Thanks for asking Shad- things are going quite well. Every day is jam packed with fun and necessary stuff. Really, just the same old, over and over.
My job is going very well. I am working Tues-Sat( with every other Sat off). I have reached my financial goal for a 12 month period in 6 months for being self employed at the shop. H started a new job with a large rural company building barns. He is happy. It has been many years since I could say that.He will also have benefits and pension starting soon. We have never had those.
I had my 43rd bday last week. Kids were at my folks, H and I went out for dinner.
The kids are well. DS is almost 10 and DD is almost 8. Going into grades 5 and 3. eeeeks!! They love being at our sitters Tues -Fri. They have a pool, puppies and lots of fun kids to play with. Both played soccer. DD is finished and DS has 3 weeks left. Both are playing hockey in the fall.
I still go to my Grandma's every week. Her body is failing her a little every day it seems now but her mind is as sharp as ever. She is so tiny and frail.
My sister is in Europe for 4 weeks. She has been saving since her DS10 was born. They are on a bus tour, seeing 10 countries. They come home this weekend.
She and I have a trip planned for our Thanksgiving weekend with the 3 kids to go to Niagara Falls and stay at Great Wolf Lodge. Next summer we are doing a historical tour of the Kingston area, near Ruth's home.
We have been getting to the beach more this summer at my folks.
I am thrilled to have highspeed. There is only one server out where we live and it was touch and go whether we could get a signal. We live is a valley full of trees. But is was a go!!!!!
I am working this Sat; H is taking the kids go-carting and to a water slide park. Sunday the kids and I go to the lake and Sunday night I am heading out with friends to see a band at a club!!! Weeeeeeee!!!
The following weekend we are going camping with 3 other families. (same ones as last year)
I work 12-8 tonight and then go for reflexology. We trade services. Nice!
Right now I need to shower, feed the kids and pout supper in the slowcooker.

Much love to all of you!!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #293  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi ya Girls.........

Holly...your flowers are as beautiful as ever. and you are busy as ever...God Love ya.

Shad...Not too mention how busy we are at work, and doing stuff we don't wanna, we had a fire drill about an hour ago and nearly melted outside in the humidity. I think the fire would of been more delightful. haha

Michelle...Any reason to leave work is such a joy. Even the dentist which I detest. Let us know what the nutritionist has to say. I go to the dietition in August.

Happy...You are hot at work and we are cold all the time. Too bad we can't compromise. I have a throw that I put across my legs or over my shoulders most of the time.

MEL...Nothing like a good lookin repair man, kind of brightens our day to have something nice to look at. wink, wink.

Ceejay...your boss is NOT allowed to ask you about your doctors appt or why you are going. The new HIPPA laws prevent him from being able to ask you. He is in violation and could get in lots of trouble if you were to report him. You don't have to answer him. Now you can voluntarily tell him, but he is not allowed to ask.

Nothing new today...got 4 more tomatos and two cukes out of the garden last night. My punkins grew by leaps and bounds in just one day. It is so fun having a garden. It makes me happy.

Have a marvelous day all.

Love and Hugs.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #294  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It must be cold - Miss Puss has come stalking out of the bedroom, eaten some biscuits, sat beside the door for a short period of time and then given me a dirty look and stalked off back to the bedroom. Apparently the cold has greater sway than the kidneys! It is of course, all my fault - this unseasonable weather.
I use the reverse cycle aircon probably more than I do the air con. During the day, I am in and out of the house and can't for the life of me see why I should use the air con to cool down the heat and humidity outside. I do run the air con at night because those pesky mossies can squeeze through the smallest gaps and they are a pain to have in the house. And of course it does do as Michelle says and cleans and clears the air. The last couple of summers have not been bad as far as humidity goes. Long may it last.

Annie - The vege garden sounds just wonderful. My wee tomatoes are struggling through the cold, but the weather will pick up this month and they will be away. The wee red leaf lettuces are doing just fine. They will ready to pick in the next two weeks. The basil and parsley are looking a little sad. I guess I might have to go out and feed them before I go to Jakarta this weekend. That should help them along. We can't grow veges in the height of summer because the bugs just eat them away. I don't like to spray too much and use naturals when I do, but then they don't get pollinated and produce fruit because the good guys stay away as well as the bad ones.

Ceejay - are you chained to the job? You do still have choices, they haven't brought slavery back into the south have they?? Hope the meditation stops yoou from killing off the boss. Why are people ringing you instead of the boss anyway - oh now I get it, you are the boss - he just doesn't know it yet. Good luck at the doc.

Nice pics Holly - good to hear that things are looking up in your house and that you have both found work that you enjoy. Long may it last. You've given Ruth plenty of notice that you are coming back along her way. She will be out in the barn concocting a 'Gone fishin' sign soon.

Happy - sorry that things are not going along happily in your job. Wish I could do something to help. I may have whinged occasionally about this one, but it's not been too bad really. I'll miss working from home when it has finished. It has certainly taught me that I am capable of more than I thought I was, and that I know more than I thought I did. That's what you get when you get little help from the experts. You have to draw on life experiences and just on with it. I've surprised myself at how much finance I actually do know and understand. I'll never make an accountant but then I never wanted too anyway. Anyway, here's hoping that you will find something that your really want to do.

Michelle - good luck at the nutritionist. I should really pluck up courage and go to one myself. I'm afraid my 2kg goal only got to 200g - but I guess a loss is a loss and maybe I will try again this month.

Mel - Excuse me, but it's TUTAI that hits the fan, not KAKA - which is green. Better keep the grammar correct or we might both face the TOHUNGA who will put a curse on us! Alright for you - I live closer to the nearest one. He is just down the road.

Ruth - in an outage and with a man on the roof. Only you!!!!!! Hope the dogs are not too disturbed by the noise affecting their rest!!!

Miss Puss has finally decided she can hold it in no more and has slunk out of the house. She is now rapidly digging a hole. I am picking she will want back in again shortly and back to bed in a hurry.

And that is about it for the day. It is actually August over here so I should go put the new thread up. I've forgotten what we wanted to call it, so maybe I should go back and check it out. Later 'gators
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #295  
Happy September

THERE WERE NO FLOWERS LOADING THIS MORNING ON EITHER POST BUT GOT THEM ALL TONITE. GOTTA LOVE DIAL-UP!!! I THOUGHT THE LONG BLANK POST WAS SOME KIND OF JOKE
A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!! GLAD YOU BOTH LIKE YOUR JOBS NOW. LIFE IS SOUNDING GOOD.

CEEJAY...THE THRID DEGREE FROM THE BOSS HOPE THE DAY GOT BETTER AS IT WENT ON!! SO HOW WAS THE LUNCH?? RANT AWAY GF AND HOLLER FROM THE ROOFTOPS IF YA FEEL A MIND TO!!

ANNIE....I THOUGHT OF THAT GUY ALL DAY! I REALLY NEED A LIFE!!!

SHAD....THANK GOD I DON'T NEED TO GO OUTSIDE IN WINTER AND DIG HOLES!! POOR MISS PUSS!! HOW DARE YOU NOT WARM UP THE DAY FOR HER HIGHNESS BEFORE SHE NEEDS TO OUT AND "POTTY AROUND" THE YARD! MAKE SURE WE DON'T GET ANY CURSES PUT ON US OR AIMED IN OUR DIRECTION!! DON'T THINK I COULD HANDLE MANY MORE BAD DAYS THIS YEAR!! HAPPY FINANCING!!

I MIGHT GO TO THE SUPERMARKET TOMORROW. TODAY I MISSED IT AND STAYED WITH MY FRIEND. SHE WAS A ONE WOMAN OFFICE TODAY. EVERYONE WAS OUT. THANK GOD IT WAS A QUIET ONE. FEELING PRETTY GOOD. NOT 100% BUT I'LL TAKE IT ALL THE SAME. I EVEN GOT OUTSIDE FOR AWHILE. NJ IS BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE THE FOOKING EVERGLADES! HEAT, STEAM AND HUMIDITY.,...WAITING FOR AN ALLIGATOR TO COME CRAWLING OUT OF THE NEAREST SEWER NEXT!
AGAIN LADIES, REMIND ME IN DECEMBER & JANUARY THAT I COMPLAINED OF THE HEAT!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #296  
Happy September

Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon

2 small fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
6 cloves garlic, smashed
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
1 lemon, halved
About 3 cups cooked rice (optional)

Heat oven to 400° F.

In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the oil. Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.

Move the vegetables to side of pan, add the salmon, then redistribute the vegetables around the salmon. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, with the rice, if desired.

Tip: When estimating how long to cook fish, allow about 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

CALORIES 394.71 (48% from fat); FAT 21.08g (sat 4.06g); CHOLESTEROL 100.36mg; CALCIUM 99.87mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.19g; SODIUM 430.36mg; PROTEIN 36.17mg; FIBER 4.4g; IRON 2.21mg

Real Simple, OCTOBER 2005
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #297  

Annie
Thanks about the tip from the HIPPA law. I'll remember that one. I'm sure he'll ask. I keep having to remind him every so often other laws.

Shad
No I'm not married to this place. My boss just doesn't know this workings of this plant as he thinks he does. I told Brandon today that I'm not telling him anything else. He can figure it out. He doesen't even have a license. They've messed up the paper work today and they are goinig to blame me for it. No way, I have proof. The charts do not lie.

I was really p o'd. this morniing. I thought my bp would be through the roof but it was actually good. All the test came back good also. I have to go back one more time to have the potassium checked. This doctor said that muscle spasms could be felt any where if you body was low on potassium. He separated the bp from the diuretic and told me this one would not drain my potassium.

I still had not heard back from the allergy test so I went there to check on this. They had an time open for 1.45 p.m. and took it. I've been having trouble with my ear again. Yes, it's infected--don't tell the boss. I don't have allergies but certain things do irritate my system. He thinks the chemicals at work are the biggest culprit. He told me that he had a male patient that has the same thing. Tim called me while I was in the room waiting for the doctor to come in asking if I were home yet. te he he--one on you. Told him this appointment was at 1.45 p.m. He sighed.

I even had time to go shopping and to eat. Went to Target. I'd been looking for a new comforter with black and white stripes. They had one. Then went to Lowe's
I wanted a pair of ear phone like plugs for my ear protection. Yes the company should pay for these but I'm not asking.
I ate at Ryans Steak House. Yum.

That's my day. I came to work at 4 p.m. One look at the paper work and shook my head. I'll tackel it tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #298  
Happy September

CEEJAY...GLAD THE NEWS AT THE DOC WAS MOSTLY GOOD. I WORKED FOR A PHOTO PROCESSING PLANT AND HAVE WHAT THEY CALL "IRRITANT" PROBLEMS BUTR THEY TOO TREAT IT LIKE ALLERGIES. SENDING HUGS TO YOU FOR THE JOB AND EAR HOPE THE EAR FEELS BETTER SOON!

I WILL BE GLAD WHEN THE OFFICE IS FILLED BACK UP AGAIN. THE ONE WITH THE SHOULDER IS IN SOME TERRIBLE PAIN FROM THE ROTOR CUP OPERATION. I KNEW SHE WOULD NEVER BE BACK IN A FEW DAYS. THEY DO INSIST ON DREAMING
SCROLLING BACK, I WISH WE HAD SOME OF HOLLY'S FLOWERS IN OUR BARREN GARDEN. THE MEETING FOR GARDEN/BUILDING SHOULD BE SOON. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP NOW. 2 VERY STRONG PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER BOTH OUTSIDE AND INSIDE...CAUSING A PROBLEM BETWEEN THE RACES NOW. JUST LIKE KINDERGARTEN RECESS. I HAVE TO SAY I AM JUST SICK AND TIRED OF THIS BICKERING. SEEMS LIKE WHEN IT GETS QUIET AND EVERYONE IS GETTING ALONG, THE BULLIES COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK JUST TO STIR UP TROUBLE AND FLEX THEIR WINGS...LITTLE DO THEY KNOW I AM WAITING IN THE WINGS WITH THE BIGGEST PAIR OF DAMMN SHEARS THEY EVER SAW! CLIP, CLIP, CLIP!!
I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF. CHANGED MY MIND THIS MORNING. NOT IN THE MOOD TO MINGLE. I AM GOING TO PLAY THE GREAT GARBO ROLE.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY!! WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT WEEKEND

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-01-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #299  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Mel - you post smacks of that famous "why can't we all just GET ALONG?". Things are so much nicer when they go smoothly. Isn't sort of late to be planning a garden at this time of year when you live? Unless you're considering spring bulbs.

Ceejay - glad to hear they are sorting the meds out for you. Sometimes it feels like we'll never stabilize, does it? I know paperwork can seem like a senseless waste of time, but as you have said, it can also back up your case and protect you.

Shad, I really do like my job and my boss is a real gem. It's just the environment we are in right now is very stressful. They closed a building and packed us in like the proverbial rats. If everyone practiced common decency to one another it wouldn't be so bad but I guess that's asking too much. Anyway I must be complaining too much so I will shut up about it. I would take working from home over 100 percent travel any time.

Your garden is very pretty Holly. The neighbor down the street has hollyhocks growing by her mailbox. She has the loveliest flower beds including an envialbe rose garden on her lot. And you never see her out there tending to them. And they thrive even in this blast furnace like summer. It's like magic fairies keep it up But I always admire it when walking or driving by.

Fried pumpkin blossoms Annie? Wow. I'll be darned. That sounds really interesting!

Michelle - thanks for reminding me that I needed to call the doctor and get a referal for a nutritionist. I can't seem to be able to find one via the internet. Would rather they suggest one anyway. I left a message at the office at 9 but of course no one called back. Maybe they left a voicemail after hours. Hope your appointment went well and you salvaged a little bit of your early out of work afternoon.

Time for me to get dressed and out of the house.

Happy Friday everybody.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #300  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well......yesterday was a disaster. Not only was my power out off and on - the guys had some compressor thing causing the problem - but one of my cabinet drawers got stuck in the OUT position and I had to leave the doors open. Hershey managed to get into the top drawer and ate a big bag of minute oatmeal, a bag of egg noodles and some raisins! She is not feeling well this morning after her carb binge!

Late yesterday, neighbour Moel and I started the garlic harvest. It looks really good this year after all the rain but we sure as heck didn't need over 7,000 plants. We dug several hundred but the rest can wait until Sunday when we have a "digging" party with a barbecue. M. hopes to sell a lot of it at the Perth Garlic Festival.

My veggie garden is looking pretty grim with weeds as high as my boobs in some places. No kidding! My beans are in flower but no crop as yet. We are two weeks behind on everything. Not a sign of ripening on my tomatoes and we usually have those ready when the corn comes in.

Later today I'm off to Ottawa to visit my best friend Shirleyanne and her three dogs. Disney and Hershey fit in well there. I'm crossing my fingers that Hershey is over her "malaise" by then. We'll come back tomorrow late afternoon as Sunday is looking busy with Church, obedience training and the garlicky barbecue!

Mel, that Salmon/Fennel recipe looks great! I may jut do the roasted veggie part as I'm not keen on fishy flavours in my veggies.

Hollyhock, that's great that you'll be around here next summer. We will definitely all get together and give the kidlets and your sis a tour of "Mayberry".

Lads have just arrived to finish the shingling so I need to put on the coffee for them. In the city, they'd just go to a Tim Horton's but around here expectations are higher. Good thing I have a freezer stash of muffins.

Have a good weekend.
Closed Thread