Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #211  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - after reading your post, I'm really, really hoping we can get to Indy for at least part of Labor Day weekend. Zionsville sounds charming! And I checked out Nancy Noel's website! Wow! Beautiful art!

Happy - Sorry that you had the harsh Wednesday realization. That's a rough one. I agree with you and Annie about the canteloupe being hit or miss. Last week, I bought one that was absolutely tasteless. And the one this week is SO flavorful...oh my gosh...The best canteloupe I've ever had. Good for you for getting a walk in! I took a 2 mile with a couple co-workers. I just love walking at lunch. I hope your tummy feels better, Happy.

Mel - Tell Jen not too cook anything that smells too good and of course no food left outside. I used to camp in bear country (no not bare camping -- silly girls!) at Yosemite National Park and the campgrounds had metal locking bear proof food containers...but still there were people who kept food in their tents and RVs and cars. Which was the demise of their tent/RV/car. If bears can smell the food, bears will get the food.

Well, better get back to work. Just a few more hours 'till the long weekend! Yay!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
James Dent
Old 07-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Today is less hectic. I had to leave some things for today from yesterday.

Food was not planned today and I'm getting the I wants from either MCD or KFC. My brain thinks I'm in starvation mode. I'm diffinately hungry.

I honestly did some exercise last night. There was nothing on tv. i did the Biggest Loser dvd.

No tiime for personals. I'm still at work.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #214  

A quick hello, and a little story to cheer up poor Happy who's no longer living in the future...

The male point of view. Need I say more...

This morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph, with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away for a couple seconds, and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear and it fell into the coffee I was holding between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins.

Ruined the darn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call.

Stupid women drivers!!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #215  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

still laughing at Carla's joke. I have passed it on to a couple of people who could use the laughter.

Going home..........................

Back later to update.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #216  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

My word, those steak sandwiches sound good Mel. I haven't had beef or lamb since I have been here. It's all been chicken or duck and a bit of fish. So I am going to go to the Texas Steak House on Friday or Saturday night and get a big steak. I'm not complaining about the food. I've had some good meals but the the beef and lamb is about 2 x more expensive than the chicken.
Last night I had Salmon Gravlax. It cost me 65000IRP the steak was priced at 120000IRP and that's before tax and service charge gets put onto the bill. If you want to work it out, $100AUD = 859000IRD = $97.36USD and around the same in $CAN.

Michelle - enjoy Indy. Hope you have a great weekend and you find something nice for the doggage.

Back to the grind. I never seem to get one thing finished these days.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #217  
Happy September

ANNIE I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE MELONS THIS YEAR HAVE ALL BEEN MOISTLY TASTELESS! lcry:

MICHELLE...I HOPE THE WEEKEND IS WONDERFUL AND A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH FOR THE DMIL. HAVE FUN.

CEEJAY...THIS HAS BEEN SOME BUSU WEEK FOR YOU AS WELL. BET YOU'RE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR "WEEKEND"!!

HAPPY....I HAVE SOFT COOLERS. SMALL OJNES LIKE THAT HOLD A SIXPACK AND SMALLER ONES FOR SHORT TRIPS. I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO THAT THE OFFICE FRIDGE WAS FAIR GAME FOR "STEALERS" AND I USE THEM EVERYWHERE I GO. IF SOMEONE STEALS YOURS THEN I WILL HELP YOU HUNT THEM DOWN LIKE A DOG!!! I HAVE COME HERE MYSELF MANY TIMES AND THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS NUTS...THEN FIND OUT I HAVE THE WRONG DAY!!! BUT THEN I'M NOT TOSSING PEOPLE OUT OF CONFERENCE ROOMS ON THEIR EARS!!!

CARLA....I WOULD HANG THAT DOWN IN THE OFFICE BUT THEN THEYRE WOULD BE A FIGHT WITH THE MAINT. MEN!

SHAD....WHEN I SAW THE RECIPE I WAS DROOLING FOR BEEF!! "Salmon Gravlax"<---- I WAS LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF WHEN I READ THAT NAME!! SALMON IS LIKE A LAXATIVE TO ME AND I FOUND THE NAME VERY APPROPRIATE!! TOO BAD I DON'T "DO" FISH!!
HOPE SOMETHING GOT DONE AND YOU HAD A GOOD ENDING TO THE DAY!!

I HAD A POST AND THEN REALIZED I HADN'T READ THE PREVIOUS PAGE SO I WENT BACK OF COURSE WHEN I CAME BACK HERE THE POST HAD VANISHED. GUESS I WASN'T AWAKE YET.
WE HAD ANOTHER WILD STORM LAST NIGHT/EARLY AM.
BUT NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT THE TEXANS ARE DEALING WITH. THANK GOD THEIR LEVEES HELD OUT. I WONDER HOW PAINTER WOMAN IS HOLDING UP? THE STORMS DOWN THERE CUT A WIDE SWATHE THROUGH THE STATE.
MORE GOOD REASONS TO LIVE IN NJ. WE RARELY HAVE HURRICANES. I SEE OUR WEATHER THIS WEEK AS HELPING ME TO IMPROVE THE ARM. IT KEPT ME INDOORS AND OUT OF HARMS WAY!! THAT AND A SIGN I PUT ON THE DOOR THAT I AM TOO SICK TO ANSWER.
THE FASTEST WAY TO HEAL IS NO STRESS, MEDS AND TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN PRETTY DETERMINED TO HEAL SO I DID MOST OF THAT EVERY DAY. RICHIE PICKED UP SOME STUFF FOR ME INCASE I DON'T GET TO THE STORE.
I AM OFF TO BREAKFAST.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #218  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The usual fly-by. Delta Fair opens in 55 minutes and it's pouring rain! I'm sure glad I'm no longer Treasurer or I'd be sweating bullets over running at a major loss. The next four days are very soggy too. I hope they are wrong but.....

Been dashing around doing Fair and other stuff. The Hyper Pypers have been staying here since Monday so chaos reigns! There is always somebody talking, eating, drinking or making the dogs bark. (They brought Bailey who is one of Hershey's pups - 6 years old now.) Today they have taken off for a day in Montreal so things are relatively quiet. They'll be back tonight AFTER dinner. I am finding cooking fun but it sure goes on and on. Breakfast is a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, a loaf of bread and two quarts of milk. Teens!

I'm outta here in a few minutes to assist the judge in the baking judging. Luckily I don't have to taste - she does it and I really don't know how she manages. Imagine eating a bite of 30 different butter tarts!

Hope you find some sunshine in your day. What a crappy summer!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #219  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OMG Carla, that it so good, and true. I love it.

More later....meeting is about to start.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #220  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Big Jim and the twins Thanks Carla - that was great.

97 dollars for a dinner Shad? whoa. Hope it was the best meal you had all month. Somehow the idea of a Texas steakhouse in Jakarta seems a bit out of sorts. Wonder WHAT the steaks are made of?

Mel those sandwiches look divine. When's lunch? I'll buy if you cook

2 bricks to my head yesterday. Sometimes you have those moments. Brick number 1: pre diabetes can be cured but if it rolls over to type 2 diabetes, that is an INCURABLE, progressively degenerating disease. So the brick said to me - DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN NOT TO GET TO Type 2 dummy! Brick number 2 - someone was posting about the symptoms of heart attacks in women and said - constant stress causes toxic homones to build up in the system and can contribute to heart attacks. So that being said, I really, really, REALLY have to learn to deal with letting go of the things that constantly irritate me. Deep breath in and out. Ahhhhh.

I stayed up late to cut a CD of songs that relax me and make me happy for the lovely commute each day. As a result, I'm running late today so I can't get to everyone - sorry. Will try later. And Carla - I owe you a few lines - wait for me, will you?

And TODAY IS THURSDAY. All day. Carry on soldiers
Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #221  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...the mind is the second thing to go, you will be fine...and it is Thursday, just backing you up on that one.

Ruth...Company is fun, but in short stints for me. Gald to see them, glad to see them go.

MEL...sometimes when DD & DS are not around, I take a deep breath and relax a little more. Quiet time helps!

Michelle...if you do come to Indy Labor Day Weekend, I may miss you. We are thinking about going to St. Louis that weekend for fun in the sun.

My nephew from Kentucky stopped in last night. He had bariatric surgery June 18 and has lost 50 lbs so far. He is looking great.

One of the gals brought in homemade Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies and I ate one. Now I am regretting it. I feel like crap, got the sleepy's, and feel too full. I might go out and pound the pavement at lunch to walk some of this off.

Nothing on the agenda for tonight. Amen.

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs

Annie
Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #222  
Happy September

Zucchini Lasagna

This is great to feed guests or family. Keep this one in mind for that summer zucchini harvest!

Serving: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

2 tbsp olive oil
4 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 Vidalia onions, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup grated cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil on the bottom of a large flameproof gratin dish or shallow casserole. Arrange half the zucchini over the bottom, then add a layer of half the tomatoes and then half the onions.

3. Add half the basil and thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add half the cheese.

4. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, topping the remaining cheese. (The dish can be made an hour or two ahead up to this point.)

5. Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted. Place under the broiler for the last 3 minutes of cooking.

Based on individual serving.
Calories: 264
Total Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 11 g

Source: Kathy Gunst, with the editors of Parenting Magazine
Old 07-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #223  

Ruth
I'd been wondering about you. Forgot that you had company. Fair time already!! Seem's like it always rains during the fair.

Annie
I know what you mean about the chocolate. I had one cookie a few minutes ago and ugh is all I can say. I bought theese last week and they've been sitting here. I'm throwing the rest away.

Happy
Yes maam it's Thursday. I think we all should think HEALTH from now on. The one thing I like about the WW websight is the check list.

Carla
Thanks for the laughter.

Mel
Your sandwich does look good. How is the gs? Is he still mending from his recent flight.

Shad
How was your steak dinner? I'm really wanting some ribs.

Annie
Your talking about Kentucky makes me want to go visit my nephew's wife and children. That's great that your nephew has lost 50 pounds.

This is the start of my three day week end. I'm ready for some r and r. I have been in the mood to exercise this week. Did the Biggest Loser dvd the past couple of nights. Today I'll be outside working in the yard.

By the way my weight is back down to 184.6 today. That's where it was a couple of weeks ago but it was fluid pounds lost but now the potassium and sodium are in sinc, I think because there has not been any fluid retention this week.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-24-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #224  

Mel
I'm having this tomorrow for lunch. It sounds good.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-24-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #225  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...now that sounds wonderful and I just got a zucchini from an associate. Looks like lasagna for me. YUM YUM
Closed Thread