Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

It is Saturday!!

Wish you all a great weekend, it is beautiful here with sunny skies! I have a family function later this afternoon, so I only have a second.
My nephew would have been 17 today if he was alive, he passed away last Sept, the day before school was to start up again. So, it is a kind of sad weekend, plus fathers day tomorrow and my step dad is busy getting his affairs in order because his heart is failing and he refuses surgery from past surgeries...... he is scared to do that.

Cheerful , huh?? Anyway, lets just pray for a miracle!! My step dad is the sweetest and a buffer to my mother. He is a saint.

Gaby left at 11am with her father. She was busy painting cards for all the men in her life. She did (4) 1/2 size poster boards. She was rather pleased and I love homemade gifts from the kids and her father made a big deal of it so that made her happy.

Cristina - I want to come to your BBQ!!! Sounds like fun. I have clothes from years ago, I never throw away. I had sizes from 6 to 14 in my closet. I think I will take the blunge and throw out the bigger size clothes. I won't need them again, right?? I did get the hair trimmed, apt. cleaned and laundry. No groceries yet in the house.......maybe today, and I really want to finish the weeding.

Jules - That is sweet you give Teri and much needed break, I am sure she needs to have the opportunity to hang out w/ friends. It is Becky (15) who is doing yoga w/ her girlfriend. Rach (16.5) is into kickboxing.....lol, makes sense , huh? Rach came home all emotional last night because of her boyfriend and her girlfriend sneaking behind her back and talking/texting. Now Rach is an emotional wreak and I was up until 2am listening to the drama. Ugh.

Sue - Thinking of you

Mindee- Whatever you and the family end up doing I am sure it will be fun. I have only gone to a few pow wow's. I hear you about the kids being hellions, you don't want to be too far from home in case you need to retreat. lol When we lived in Astoria we never got across the 2 mile bridge without the 2 R's fighting, we would just turn around and go home. I don't think we went anywhere far for years. lol

Francie - How is your back?? I have never shopped groceries on line, how does that work? How is your housing search coming along??

Sassy - Cute avatars!! How is the pain you were having?? Hope better

Katy - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversay!! I am sure you have something fun planned.

Hi to Clara and Tammy!!

I better get, the time goes by soooooooo fast. You all have a great Saturday!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-14-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #32  
RosieKate

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone! Tomorrow is the official day and we really don't have anything special planned. My son wants to buy me Zuma for my Nano....what a sweetie. We are having my FIL over for Father's day...so, that's it.

Cristina- got the card - thank you! It's lovely...

Susan- hope your family event goes well. I'm sure it will be a lovely celebration of your nephew's life and I'm glad your family is helping each other every day....

Sorry to keep this so short, but in addition to all the birthday/anniversary hoopla, we are also getting ready to go camping so the house looks like it exploded.... Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I'll see you on the flip side, as it were.

ETA - didn't want you to think we were total losers in the anniversary department. We went out to see Ironman and eat some Thai food on Thursday. Since we'll be busy on Monday, we decided to celebrate a little early. Ironman was fun! RD Jr is pretty cute and there are fantastic special effects. As far as a comic book adaptation goes, it's pretty standard, but it look like the sequels will be the really good movies. If you so see it, make sure you stay through the credits...

Last edited by RosieKate; 06-14-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Happy Birthday Katy!!!!!

I cant chat long, so I'll come back later. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm cleaning out my comp right now..and its making things run kinda slow, lol. Which is the reason why I'm cleaning out my comp, lol. So ya..I'll be back laters.

I'm gonna go back to reading my new addiction. Which would be Twilight. Seriously..I get lost in that book, I'm so obsessed.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in for a second while I have the chance......I am in the middle of watching Yours, Mine and Ours on tv.

we ended up just staying close to home today. we went to the pow wow and the truck warz at the local flew market place. it was a lot of fun and we met up with my in-law's there.

I have some pictures from the day that I will be uploading onto my myspace page later......or even tomorrow....when I get the chance.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #35  
I was born this way hey!

Just popping back in again. I went on a long @$$ walk to the park today. Technically..its kinda like across the street from my place..but walking towards it takes awhile, lol. I ended up walking 2 miles back and forth. I did get in some reading time at the park though. It was pretty nice..I even fed the ducks.

Omg..and the scariest thing happened today. I was on the couch reading and I looked up just in time to see a blue jay fly into the balcony. Anyways..so I'm like staring at this beautiful blue jay..when a CROW flies into the balcony!!!!!!!!!!!! It scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!! It was HUGE!!! The cats went wild!!! They were attacking the window!! LoL!! The poor little blue jay flew away as soon as the crow came flying in. But omg..I've never seen a crow that close up before. My heart was beating so hard..and the only thing that flew through my mind was Hyde on that 70's Show saying.."thats somebody's soul man" LOL!!!

Anyways..so ya..that was my weird day, lol. I'm still reading Twilight..but right now I'm gonna watch the actor who plays Edward (in the movie version of Twilight) in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, he plays Cedric in it. I told my friend Elyse to read Twilight and she loved it..so now we're like obessed with Edward Cullen and the book, lol. (Hence my new avator, lol) We're all like.."I cant believe a vampire can be so sexy!!!" LoL!! Ya, we're a little nuts, but whatever.

Okay..off to watch the movie.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-14-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Found ya. Now I have to fix my ticker before I come back. Busy today so I will see you when I can.

Can't hide from me girls....
Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #37  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey Ya'all. I found you too, took me a while, but I found ya! lol.

So far anyways (knocking on wood) my back and neck are better, lets hope they stay that way! lol. But my tummy is another issue! But I am pretty positive that in about 24 1/2 hrs from now it will feel better! lol. (back to work tonight)

Katy I hope you had a Very Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! I hope they both were wonderful!

I am off to bed, ttyl!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday Ladies!

Happy Birthday again Katy, have fun camping!!

I am on the run but wanted to check in. Ate way too much yesterday, I had a reduced fat turket sandwish from Starbucks and my usual chicken steamed veggies for lunch and Rach and I went to Shari's for dinner. I got the Cuban sandwish...plus some munching during the day, so I felt like I overate , got off track and blah blah.
I crawled in bed at 10 and went right to sleep.
Sad for my nephew, especially feel for my sister. She said a prayer and started to cry. Ugh, breaks my heart but there was 40 teens that came to his gravesite so that was sweet, we released balloons and it was so pretty as they flew away, colorful and all. Course I am not sure how earth friendly that is......

anyway - Franice on the walking!!

Sassy - Glad you are feeling better!!

Sue - I know , took awhile to find us!! Hope you are having a good day!

Mindee- Happy Fathers Day to Tommy!! I love Yours Mine and Ours...and Cheaper by the Dozen is good.

Hi to Cristina, Tammy and Clara!!

Chat more tomorrow!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-15-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Back for a sec.....

I had some chicken tenderloin for lunch along w/ some mustard. That was all.....trying to drink lots of water too.
Walked 2 miles this morning and my goal this week is 153. I went to a second hand store and bought a mini demin skirt, I think Gap, size 8. Also some Gloria Vanderbilt jean capri's -size 8, kind of loose but I think that is just the brand. Eddie Brauer runs big too.
Just have some weeding to do and I am caught up on my *to do* list.
My kicker check is suppose to come this week so think I will head to the coast for a day or 2 while the weather is still nice out.

Chat more tomorrow.......have to go get Gabster!!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #40  
I was born this way hey!

I am so freakin bored right now. There is nothing to watch on tv, and I dont feel like putting on a dvd, because I've seen them all a million times. Army Wives doesnt come on until 10. I'm starving, but I dont know what to eat. I thought about buying a movie On Demand, but eh..nothing seems interesting enough. I hate moments like this where there is nothing to do.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #41  
kitty Momo

la la la la de da..........

I am back for another second, am I the only one without a life?? I am so bored, so ready for Monday to get here. I have lowed myself to be eating Fritos, have not had a Frito in ages, so salty, so good!I like to suck the sat off and get it soggy with my saliva. We already know I am weird so no harn in telling ya'll that.
I have been tinkering around looking for motels to stay at on the coast. I like to be in Seaside because it has a nice beach and it is the place where everyone heads for Spring break, so lots of things for the kids to do. I also want a place with a pool for Gaby. So, looking and narrowing down.

Francie - When I was growing up we had a big enclosed backporch and a few times birds would fly in and had a heck of a time trying to get back outside.....banging against the window....poor things.

Mindee - What kind of digital do you have??

*sigh.....am I the only one out of my mind bored?????
Old 06-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

oops, spoke too soon......I am glad you are bored too Francie!!! lol I have 2 dvd 4th season SATC to watch after Gab gets to bed and I have to read the Sunday paper still for employment crap. So, I have a full evening!!
Hang in there, Monday is almst here!!
oh ya....who is Edward Cullen??

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-15-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #43  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here briefly....we had a great Sunday! we got up first and let Tommy sleep in. I made him eggs and toast for breakfast while the boys decorated cards for him. then he got up, we lounged around for a while and then went to a car show.......and back to the pow wow again. then we came home and our neighbor across the road from us, came over with a TON of food that Tommy BBQ'd. We have steak, hot dogs, and chicken left over!

It was a lot of fun, and I am so tired and my neck is burnt from standing out in the sun on Saturday while watching the Truck Warz!

I hope you ladies aren't bored anymore!

SuzieQ~ We have a Kodak Easy Share C533. It was the bundle pack, so we have the printer that goes along with it.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #44  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~I ended up watching Where The Heart Is & Crazy/Beautiful. LoL!! Army Wives is gonna start soon. Thank God tomorrow is monday!! Then we can finally see The Bachelorette!!! Woohoo!! Oh...Edward Cullen is a character in this book me & my friend are obsessed with, lol. We wish he was a real guy, he's like so dreamy and perfect. Except, he's a vampire, lol. But that makes him sexier. We're a little too obsessed maybe. The movie comes out in Dec!!!

Anyways..Fonzo is emailing me. G2G!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #45  
I was born this way hey!

I woke up too early!!! I fell asleep around 2, and woke up at 5:40. Why does that always happen to me? I was paranoid all night too. I thought I heard footsteps on the roof earlier last night. So I was freaked out for awhile.

Anyways..I'm gonna go clean before going to the store.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-16-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Closed Thread