3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #45 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/142768-back-kindergarten-45-a.html)

Shopaholic1204 05-20-2008 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Susan~Thanks..I'm going to the bank first thing tomorrow morning. I'm even setting my alarm super early to be there when it opens at 8:30am, lol. I guess I'm taking a cab there. Better than nothing, right?

Jules~Thanks for all the happy smilies!!! :hug: to you for missing Ry!! Don't feel so down..at least he's gonna be doing something good with Habitat for Humanity. That sounds really exciting. I really missed my mom when I first moved away..and called her every single day.

Sassy~The second I read about your allergies, I started sneezing really bad. And now I have a runny nose and itchy eyes. So thanks chickie!! ;) LoL!!

Well..I have some sorta good news. When I got home today, I changed into some comfy pants and a comfy shirt. Well..the shirt I grabbed was one that I ordered last year...it says "Sailor's Queen" on it, lol. And I accidently ordered the wrong size. I was wearing like a 3 or 4x..and this one is a 1x. But when I put it on..it didnt feel tight at all. I looked in the mirror and it looked really good on me. You can see my curves and a little bit of belly, but I can suck that in, lol. Plus, my boobs look HUGE!!! Which is always great!! LoL!! So now I'm regretting ordering the bigger size on that halter top, lol. I'll just have to find a way to make it tighter.

I still might be able to go on my trip. I found a flight & hotel for a good price..and I just have to put the money into the account tomorrow. I'm gonna do that first thing tomorrow morning. Then I'll just spend the rest of the day sleeping. And you know..after what happened today, I wasnt gonna go..but I talked to Fonzo..and he sounded really needy. I'm not sure which head he's thinking with (sorry TMI, LOL) but he was begging me to go see him. I could totally tell he was doing the puppy dog face too, lol. His voice sorta changes when he does it, lol.

Anyways...the sides of my ribs are killing me!!! It hurts to raise my arms or sleep on my side. Plus, my hand totally started spazzing. It was freaky!! It hurts so bad too. I probably hurt myself cleaning the bathroom. See, cleaning is bad for you!!! I should just hire Merry Maids to come in here and clean. They do such a nice job. LoL!!

Okay well...I'm gonna go watch nothing on tv right now. Yippee!!

Sassy_Chick 05-21-2008 05:58 AM

UGH. I totally feel like crapola. Forget allergies........I think I have a touch of the flu..........:barf: So cleaning may or may not get done...........if it doesn't oh well. :shrug: My mom's seen our apt dirty before. lol. If I don't feel any better though, she may not wanna come up with a sickie!! lol.

Shopaholic1204 05-21-2008 10:01 AM

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

suetalks 05-21-2008 11:39 AM

Oh I agree Katy, That board (SS) makes reality t.v. much more entertaining. If I miss a show I just go there and get the scoop, with lots of juicy comments. One thign for sure you have to not take offense at the language.

Francie- I do hope you get your plans made for visiting DH. I would love to go to SD any time. My baby boy and step-son are there. Do you not drive?

Cristina- Yeah, I put in lots of plants. DH said I would have too many if they all grew to maturity. So, like I told him, I will move some around. No problem. My friend re-arranges hers all the time and they do so well. She gives away so many starts it's not funny.

Sassy- Feel better soon gal. I hope your mom still visits.

Mindee- Oh, poor Logan. What is it with boys? My DS had so many head bumps and trips to the ER when he was a toddler. I was afraid they would think I did it. He actually grew such big feet he couldn't manuever well until he grew into them. Kinda like a puppy. :)

Jules- It's so good to see you posting. I have thought about you lots. I know you will always miss Ry being close-by, but it does get better with time. My DS has been out West for 8 years and although I still miss him and worry about him I don't talk to him every day like I did. It sounds like Ry has a good head on him and will do well. :hugs:

Susan- Have a good time over the week-end. Watch out for the cheese bread!!

Anyone else have week-end plans? We don't have anything going on. Might visit a sis-in-law one day. I will have to go to the graves for Mom since she will be gone.

Going to take Mom to get her hair done this afternoon and to Wal-Mart. That's all for me...Hopefully a walk and Idol. Go David!! :)

Shopaholic1204 05-21-2008 12:29 PM

Sue~No...I dont drive. I'm like my grandma to the T. She doesnt drive and she's afraid to be in the car, lol.

But I just got back from the bank. The cab driver was really nice & funny. When he picked me up, he was calling into some talk radio show..then we listened to him, lol. Then we talked about ****'s Kitchen and I told him about So You Think You Can Dance. And we agreed that this one chick on base looked like Dr. Baily from Grey's Anatomy..LOL!! I'm all for friendly cab drivers.

Anyways..I'm trying to find the best price for my trip right now..So I'll be back to update everyone later.

FrouFrou 05-21-2008 12:54 PM

You ladies and your reality t.v., lol...can't relate because I don't watch any of them :( Tried watching the bachelor after I saw the first one and it was a no go. I guess I'll just sit back and listen to you ladies chat about them.

Anyway...not feeling so great so really not in a talkatvie mood. Have a toothache that started yesterday and got worse thru the night...have to go and call the dentist...don't want to let it be like the last one. I waited almost a month I think before I finally went. I have a high tolerance for pain, what can I say. Don't want to this time though...know they will have to pull it so might as well get it over with sooner than later.

I'll be back after lunch to do individuals. Have to make a run to the store...DD needs some cheapy sunglasses and we need some folding chairs of some sort. Going to watch Chase this evening play little league...haven't seen them in over a month! Missing the baby girl, lol.

On top of feeling bad I am pooped...just didn't get enough sleep I think, good sleep. But...I did manage to get in my 3 mile walk around the neighborhood this morning. Plus finally took my bike out for a ride, helmet and all, lol. Felt a little silly at first with the helmet but hey, better safe than sorry. Did the same 3 miles as the walk. And let me tell ya I am feeling it in my legs, ouch! Just have the Leslie Sansone's Slim & Thin to do later and I am done for the day. Okay...gonna go call the dentist and head to the store...I'll be back.

Mom2Gaby 05-21-2008 01:54 PM

Good Morning -

Another Fly By!

Katy - Who is Graham?? I will have to go check him out. I have icky feelings about Jason now too. See, proves just because you have a cute kid doesn't mean you are together, look at me. haha.

omg - my mother KNOWS I have been dating McD for 5 months now and when I mentioned going away for the weekned w/ him she replies "isn't that taking it to a whole new level?? I don't know where you can waste the energy on a realtionship Susan".....
Ok, whatever. I certainly don't need to go away to take it to a whole new level. I clearly only have to go across the street for my:o "cheesebread", so to speak. And , no I don't have energy but I never will...so, you know , whatever.
And after all that she always wants to know how Hawaii Man is doing and how she thinks he is such a sweetie....seems she wants a tropical vacation to me. lol

oops, sidetracked, sorry......

Franice - Yeah on checked cashed!!!

Mindee- How are you and the family??

Sue - Which David??? I want Cook. I don't know what the judges were doing last night with all their praise for DA last night but it was the first time I sat there and voted over and over. DA is good and has a wonderful voice, clearly talented but I think a huge bore. Rachel said it looks like his :censored:
haven't dropped yet....and I should have scolded her but darn if she isn't right. :dizzy:

Jules- You just tell hubby that you are watching a show about an Greek chick looking to fall in love and leave out the 25 guys with awesome abs. :hug::hug: to you on the sinus infection and Ry. I will go up to Tacoma and give him a hug. Just tell him I am coming otherwise I might end up in jail...haha.

Katy - I will go check out the board! Ok, I think I will go ahead w/ soccer for Gab. I know L didn't care for it but Gab wants to try, she says it is cool. I guess you have to be 6 years old to think running around with other girls in muck and cold is cool but she does and since I can do it I will sign her up.

Sassy - I hope you are feeling better!! Even if you clean you know *mom* is still going to clean!! That is what they are there for....lol

Cristina - ok, you last because if you get in a nontalkive mood I am going to be pouty! I hope your tooth is feeling better, hate mouth aches. Hope that you just need to get some rest to get back to your usual chatty self :D I only watch Reality TV...lol ..I like the Office and Grey's but otherwise I would rather read.

I really need to get running. I was starving last night and had some steak and steamed carrots for dinner. Watched American Idol and was annoyed with Simon. Read some of my book and talked w/ Hawaii Man, his son is coming over to tour w/ his ukulele group from school , they will perform at Disneyland, Knots Berry Farm and travel down to San Diego.....total $1,500. Yikes.

so much for a fly by!! I better get going.... I forgot I can buy my New Blance shoes now! No more excuses.....and I have to go see my father, so I will chat tomorrow!!

Shopaholic1204 05-21-2008 02:01 PM

OKay..I have GOOD NEWS!!!

I booked my flight..and I leave tomorrow morning at 2:45am to catch the airporter by the Navy Lodge, lol. We'll get to the airport at 5 though..and my flight is at 7am!! I'll be back Saturday morning. Fonzo is gonna meet me at my hotel around noon..and umm..who knows what else we'll do, lol. I'm gonna go to bed early tonight though, lol. I'm soooooooo excited!! I'll take lots of pictures!!!!! I'm gonna go back to packing. I have a tiny suitcase and a ton of stuff to put in it.

RosieKate 05-21-2008 02:54 PM

Francie - how exciting! Takes lots of pictures --if you ever leave the hotel room that is ;)

Susan- Yeah, L didn't go for soccer, though she may like it when she's a bit older. Foothills is a good league, imo. J has had a good experience - they have rules to control obnoxious parents, lol...most of the time people behave themselves. If you go to Sierra Trading Post online, they have great prices on New Balance shoes..that's where I buy mine. I find they are true to size, so the online orders have fit me just fine.

Sue - you are so right about SS, one cannot have delicate sensibilities, that's for sure! I think their Bachelor/ette threads have always been just hilarious. The poor contestants really don't stand a chance; if there is any dirt at all in their background, somebody is gonna post it over there. My garden advice for the day: If I were you I would just plant away. I went on a fancy schmancy garden tour once and the semi-famous gardener said she controlled weeds by 1) mulching, and 2) planting tightly. Tell DH so there, lol!

Cristina - I didn't get enough sleep either, so now I am sucking down a grande Cafe Estima Bold from Starbucks...the banned beverage:dizzy: Yeah, I'm supposed to be off coffee, but I clearly struggle. Hope you can catch up on your rest today and that your tooth feels better.

Sassy - hope you are feeling better today...any news on your hubby's tests...you've both been in my thoughts and hope the news is good.

Jules- hope you are feeling better today - you sure have alot on your plate these days...hope you are holding up okay. If not, just come over here and we'll tell you all about the Bachelorette and your troubles will magically melt away :D It would be cool if Ry got a job at a brewpub -they are all over the place in our part of the country and it will save him on groceries as well. I'm excited for him, the PNW is an addicting part of the country...many come her and stay forever...then their families come join them. Not sayin' that's what you'll do, but that's what happened with my family. It's a beautiful place.

Mindee - hope you are having a good day..I hope to get over to MS today and look at your pictures.

I spent 2 hours on the poo pile this morning...it's over half way gone - yay! I just love this time of the year as everything is green and there are lots of blossoms. I live on a street with lots of trees and it's so lush right now. 'course my DD is allergic to them all - dang. Now, I am here, trying to wake up a little ...need to work on my deadline knitting...and I really should clean the house as we are entertaining a little this weekend. I can't get terribly excited about it. I'd rather go to the nursery and buy a bunch of plants, but I can't afford that :( Weight is holding steady and I have been battling the munchies all week sadly. I think I'm on track to maintain...would really like to get that extra pound off and get back on track, so I need to focus on it better than I have been.

Cheers!

Mom2Gaby 05-21-2008 07:52 PM

back for a split second.....

Cristina - Bet you will have fun watching Chase play tonight!

Katy - I have heard good things about Foothills too, Gab seems set on it. I am sure your street looks lovely! It is beautiful in our area with everything in bloom. Glad you bonded w/ you compost pile :)

Francie - Have fun!

I better get dinner. I bought some beautiful flowers for my fathers grave from Trader Joes, I love their flowers. We also went to my nephews and that was sad and when I teared up, so many children buried there. Course my father is the VA - *sigh.

Happy News is I did buy my zoo membership and can't wait to start taking Gaby.

anyway - doing good on eating and water intake, looking for 157 by Friday! We hope at least :p

jules1216 05-21-2008 08:13 PM

Katy--Ry is looking into several places and I found some brewpubs too. He loves them, we went to the two in Frederick MD for his bday and the year on his bday we went to the Spy Museum in DC and then to several brew pubs...There is a kilt walk at one of the tacoma pubs in June--I have to mail his to him. Both he and Hubby have them. I am feeling a little better each day except for my ear. I still feel like it has water in it..if it doesn't get better when my head clears I am going to go to a ear,nose & throat guy. I have a feeling that Ry isn't coming back from the PNW unfortunately with Hubbys gout and arthritis the wet climate wouldn't be good...he want to retire to AZ but I think I would miss the green!!

Francie--have fun doing...uummm..whatever else you might do... Ry either calls me or myspaces me just about everyday and has since he moved out at 18.

SuzyQ--I will let him know about the hug and if the ex keeps giving you a hard time...Ry might just randomly kick his arse...I love my mom but she drives me crazy sometimes with all the questions and advice...I keep telling the kids to stop me if I start getting like that....the weekend getaway sound like fun and just what you need!!

Cristina--don't forget to fit us into your busy schedule--miss you when you are not posting. Sorry about the tooth--hope you get it fixed quick. Have fun with the kids!!

Sue--I would worry more but Ry does have a good head on his shoulders and is a people person. He has common sense which takes him far. I just hate the fact if something does go wrong I can't be there and I will miss our get togethers. The long drives to nowhere and the museum trips. Francie is going to have to let me adopt her when she gets to Annapolis and meet me in DC every now and then when Fonzo is away on ship.

Sassy--sorry you are feeling bad--maybe your mom will come take care of you!! I have to say I am shocked with how well hubby has been taking care of me since the whole Ry leaving, me getting sick and Pap passing away.

Teri cracked me up this morning, though I couldn't actually laugh out loud. Poor little Dominic is getting his 2 top teeth in and has an earache so he has been extremely fussy which is totally not him. He has been sleeping really restless instead sleeping his 6 to 8 hours. This morning Teri calls me and tells me she is too "selfish" to be a mom...all she wants to do is sleep!! It's funny cause both Ry and me comment on how both Teri and Jerry are very selfish and want it their way all the time and never want to give in. I think there's hope for her yet....

well off to watch American Idol finale. I think David A will win even though I LOVE David C.

suetalks 05-21-2008 10:55 PM

Good evening ladies- Well, Idol delivered a good show. I won't say more than that due to time differences. Don't want to give anything away.

Jules- Ry sounds like my Joe...a people person and very smart. I bet he has a good time and goes far. I was glad to hear you are doing better, hope you continue to do so. Aw, poor Dominic, hope he gets well soon. I remember the days of sleeplessness like Teri is going through. I know I couldn't do it now 24/7.

Susan- Hugs to you. I bet the flowers are beautiful. I know you and Gaby will enjoy the zoo. By the way, Kohl's had New Balance shoes on sale for 60% off here. I'm not sure if they are online also. I have Reebok walking shoes and had Avia, both are good. BTW...I didn't care which David. I liked Little David better, David Cook just bothered me in some way. But they both have such good voices....and I know who won, but won't say. :p

Cristina- Oh, Ow, sorry to hear about your tooth. Get in and get it taken care of soon gal, no sense suffering any longer than you have to.

Katy- Thank you for that bit of information. I will tell DH that the closer the better...plants that is. ha. Today Mom was looking out her window and called to me asking if I had ever seen a squirrel carrying an onion. ???? She went out and looked and it wasn't an onion the squirrel dropped it was a tulip bulb. Little stinker had the browned leaves in it's mouth dragging the bulb across the yard. Mom re-planted it, but who knows if it will grow. Too funny. Last week we saw one with a whole corn cob in it's mouth. They are entertaining, but I want them OUT of my bird feeder. Have tried everything.

Francie- Have a good time..(like I know you will) ;)

Sassy- Hope your Mom still comes to visit and that you are better.

Mindee- How are you? Still going visiting this week-end?

Not alot going on here. Took Mom shopping and to get her hair done. She leaves in the a.m. Her dog is so funny. As soon as Mom gets her suitcase out and starts packing the dog gets mad at her. So for a few days Baby has been sitting in the living room with me, or on the sofa instead of by Mom's side. She ignores Mom when she talks to her and actually (I am not kidding) turns her back on Mom. DH and I get such a kick out of it. I think it bothers Mom a little. Now after Mom leaves Baby acts just fine with us and never seems to miss Mom. When Mom comes home she will give Mom the cold shoulder for a few days. It is just too cute.

Okay...off to bed. Hope you are all doing great!

tommysgirl18 05-22-2008 12:07 AM

I had to come in here and post this accomplishment!

Brandon, as you all know, has been in school now since February 28 of this year. Well, we have noticed a HUGE difference in his speech since he started school and was interacting with other kids. His latest accomplishment, happened today!

All three kids have these label things that go on their cups/bottles, that my mom bought them. Well, since Brandon and Logan like to fight over their cups, I make sure to put their labels on their cups so there are no fights. Well, Brandon got up and ready to go to school, and he went into the fridge to get his cup. He opened up the door and stood there, I didn't say anything because I wanted to see what he was going after.

He lifted up Logan's cup, and spun the cup around so he could see the label. He then took a couple of minutes and then placed the cup back into the fridge. He then lifted up his cup, spun it around to see the name on the label, and then turned around, looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and closed the fridge door!

He has also been bringing home papers from school, that you can tell he wrote his name (with a little bit of help). They have a couple magna doodles around the house, and Brandon picked up the big one the other day and started to use one of the accessories and he was writing letters. He did a perfect upper case D, and then proceeded to do a smaller upper case D on the inside of the first one!

Logan, our little bruiser, is at it again! He didn't take a nap at all today, so he was a little hellion to say the least! He spent most of the day being mad at me because I told him he had to lay down and take a nap, so he kept flipping Brandon's toddler bed over. The last time he flipped it over, he tried to run away from me, but he had slipper foot pajamas on, and kind of ran/slipped into the wall. The sound of it sent sheer panic over me until he turned around. With the insurance issue still in the process of getting worked out, I have been really worried about them getting hurt and having to take them into the hospital or to the doctor's office.

When he turned around, and instantly started crying, I knew he was surely going to have a headache from it! He started to get the tell tale red mark in the spot, so I got him a ice pack before it would get too bad. It started to bruise a little bit, but then he put the ice pack on it and it seemed to have helped. Now, I am just dreading the morning to see if the knot/bump got any bigger or any other colors appear!

Little Miss Marissa, has been a handful herself as well! One night about a month or so ago, she was really fussy so I took her for a walk around the complex. Well, that has now turned into a nightly ritual! (knock on wood.....she didn't wake up when daddy went to bed tonight) But it has been nice to get out and walk with her at night!

Sue~ Yup, we are going up there on Sunday. My mom emailed me and told me that she had my dad pick up sirloin steaks for those of us that can eat them (as in adults) and then smaller, kinda cheaper, steaks for the kids that can eat them. She then told me to tell Tommy to get ready for some therapy (as in shopping). I told her that it sounded good to us! Then she sent me an email asking what size shoes the boys wear.

Shopaholic1204 05-22-2008 05:19 AM

Hey chickies!!! I'm leaving now to catch the shuttle!!! Please pray that I have a safe flight there and back!!! Be back on saturday!!! :grouphug:

jules1216 05-22-2008 08:31 AM

Sue--Teri really did crack me up but she's a good little mom even when she is frustrated from lack of sleep.

Mindee--Ry was a klutz when he was younger with his corrective shoes for the bow leg/pigeon toe thing going on. When he's tired he has the tendency to still turn the one foot inward. Teri is still accident prone--she never grew out of it.

Francie--sounds like you are getting all the therapy you need!! Have fun and make the most of it!!

Well back to work!!