Weight Loss and Chitchat # 296

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
  • Hola
    Hola.

Marti --Sorry to hear there is chaos at your work too. lol. At least mine is just schedule changes -- so far at least. People are leaving left and right though. But whatcha gonna do? Like my co-worker said, there is always something going on somewhere..........True enough. At least I know the little weasels and what not around here. lol. Anywho, thanks for the I appreciate it and back to you as well my friend.

I took a little siesta on my lunch in my car and I feel better. Amazing what getting away from your desk does. I did get a bit of walking in as well. not a lot, but some. Small steps.......eventually I'll be walking miles on my lunch! ha ha! lol.

For the most part I just need for next week to be over and done with then I will be off 5 days and I desperately need that! Plus my mom is coming up too, so I think we both can use the time together........

• Good morning ladies,

Marti, I hope everything at work settles down soon.

Pat, are the plants in the ground yet? I still haven't but my shrubs in the ground. I should have done it Saturday, now it will have to wait until this weekend.

Sassy, a nap at lunch would be nice...but I'd be afraid of sleeping past lunch. I know you are looking forward to your time off. Maybe I should schedule some time off just to finish up some things around the house!

I'm off to the shower, going to work and have a dr appointment later. The shoulder isn't as bad as yesterday, but it is still bothering me. Probably just part of getting older and I must say, I'm not being very graceful about it! LOL
  • Good Morning Ladies, I hope every one has a good Tuesday.

Mindee~You are awesome. You are doing so good.

Trish~Mindee~Amanda~ If You ladies team up to motivate each other the sky wouldn't limit you as to what you will accomplish! Go for the glory. You will also be inspiring the rest of us.

Short and Sassy~Our seeds and flowers are not in the ground just yet. Today is the big day. The sun is up, the sky is blue, but storms are forecasted about 2 pm. I would like to have most of it done by then. I can't wait to get it done. The rain will be the best medicine for newly planted seeds and transplants. You still have plenty of time to get your flat of flowers planted. Here In Indiana we are just out of the frost danger Zone.

Ruth~How are you??

Marti~I hope things settle down for you at work. Can you mediate during breaks or lunch. Can you take a walk at lunch to just get away, get a breath of fresh air and a little sun to brighten your day? A little desk yoga? You don't need the stress!

To all the Jaded Ladies Have A Wonderful Day! Thanks Pat
  • Good morning ladies....

In the process of getting ready for work, thought I would take a breather and check in.

I didn't do so well w/keeping up w/the last thread, so hopefully I can keep up here!

Sassy--There have been schedule changes in our company also. We've had a few who have left, a couple who took their retirement early and a couple who are actively looking for another job. I really enjoy my job, just the stress can sometimes put me in a place I don't want to be. I am happy to read that you're feeling better! And with 5 days off in your near future....that's something to celebrate!

Ruth--Have a good day at work today. Are you going to the doctors to have them look at your shoulder? I hope they provide you with something to be able to alleviate some pain.

Pat--Our company actually has a "meditating room"! I've been in there a few times and it's very nice. Only thing is, it's at the very end of the building and by the time I get there, there is only 10mins or so left of my break. I get 2 half hour breaks at work. Now....if I only took BOTH breaks! May have to work that in today.

Good morning to the rest of you girls. As you all know, I'm getting ready to head off to work early. If I catch up during the week, I won't have to come in during the weekend. (It's my DD weekend, so that is why I don't want to work it---even though she says she can hang out w/James)

I have not been doing very well with my exercises!! I haven't walked or done any form of it since Thursday. So today after work....I'm making sure I get some exercises in!

Well ladies....time is going by much faster than I would like it to, so I better finish getting ready and head off to work. I will try to pop in later tonight to catch up w/the rest of you.

You all have a wonderful day!
  • Amanda & Mindee - I think you two young ladies are going to be my "inspiration". So yes, I will band with you for us to encourage each other and be there to help each other. It really helps when we have someone being our "cheerleaders" as we go. Thanks.
    Trish
  • Good morning ladies. Yes, Pat, we do have sunshine in Indiana today. But boy, was it nippy this morning. I think it is beautiful now and I am heading to the yard to pick up some twigs and such after all the rain and wind. Hope you get the plants in the ground.

Ruth- I certainly hope the shoulder is better and that the Dr. report is not bad. You have a ways to go to old age missy! But they do say that getting old is not for sissies. I am going to be 60 this year and Mom turned 80 so I know about old age.

Sassy- I hope that you are not so blue today. Hard to get used to a new schedule isn't it? I do believe that if you get out in the fresh air during lunch it will improve your mood. It would be better yet if you have a "chatty" co-worker to walk with. I miss my neighbor from the other house. She chatted or I should say, we chatted and the walk didn't seem so bad. (my DH isn't so gabby)

Marti- Sorry to hear that work is a drag. I, for one, hate change, so would be a wreck. Like I told Sassy...try to get out in the fresh air. Totally helps!

Mindee- I loved hearing about Brandon and the flowers. He is so cute, as all 3 of your babies are. You will receive many more flowers and school projects in the next 18 or so years.

Trish- Good luck on SBD. I lasted 11 days on that one time. Mainly due to DH wanting to stop...I am sure I could have stayed on forever and lost all my weight. haha...Not. I can't manage to stay on ANY eating program more than a few weeks. No willpower. You truly have your plan going.

Amanda- I used to eat more on week-ends also. Now that we are retired it is a struggle to stay out of the kitchen every day. As I mentioned above I have little will power.

Tammy- Hi lady! Sounds like you might get a new buddy (Francie) Wouldn't that be nice? I thought your massage sounded wonderful awhile back. I hope it helped.

Francie- Yes, do connect with Tammy. So much nicer to have someone you know in the area. I flew to CA with my baby DD to meet up with my Navy hubby years ago. I knew no one and the first couple of weeks was rainy season so no one was outdoors. By the end of 2 gloomy weeks I wanted to go home. (not to mention temp. housing was in a muddy area) Things perked up and I enjoyed my time in CA and made many friends.

Cristina- Hope you are well.

Jane- Have fun and hurry back.

Lots of other Jaded Ladies out there and I am not ignoring you....Hi and good day to all.

I just managed to run outdoors and feed the rose bushes and some other plants. Sprayed for bugs and walked and fed Baby. Mom is gone for the day so I am dog sitting. Now I am getting ready to do the "dreaded" ironing.

Bye for now.
  • Good morning ladies...

Well, my neck and shoulder problems are just what I thought they were. Arthritis!! It seems I have a spur on one vertebrae and then the disc is wearing thin in the one below it. I didn't see the dr, I saw his PA. She was really young and really sweet. She explained everything in the xrays to me. She prescribed a stronger muscle relaxer for after work and weekends, I need to stay on Naprozen (anti inflamatory) and I am scheduled for heat and massage therapy twice a week. I am so hoping that we have seen the last cold spell, because I don't like this pain!!

Sue, thanks for the encouragement. I think I've been old all my life!! LOL I say that because I was only 16 when I got married the first time around and it was an abusive relationship, I grew up pretty fast after that. So I guess I just feel older than I really am!

Trish, Amanda & Mindee, we are all on the sidelines cheering ya'll on!!

Marti, this is a hard thread to keep up with. But that is a good thing! LOL I have learned to check it several times a day, if not...I can't keep up.

Well, back to work for me. Talk with you girls later.
  • Ruth...Good news, well, sorta on the pains. I always say "it could be worse."
    I also got married at 16 the first time. Had two beautiful daughters and a 10 year marriage that I thought was fine. I guess it wasn't, as he left and had a GF. Yikes. The wife is always the last to know.

Well, ladies, I also check in often now since I don't have to dial-up. Just took a break from ironing for a quick lunch with DH and walked Baby around our circle. Hey, that's 1/3 mile every time I take her.
    Did 2 miles yesterday, so I am slowly getting back in the swing of things.

Okay..break over and back to ironing. Ugh!
  • Good afternoon Ladies, Guess What???? We got the majority of the garden planted. Yup, it is in the ground and ready to grow. We planted corn, green pole beans, cucumber, peas, tomato(not arrived yet) cages set-ready to grow, yellow pole beans, lima beans, cauliflower, radishes, butter lettuce, Romaine lettuce, carrots, cantalope, watermellon, pumpkin, zucchini, my eggplants have not arrived yet. Now, I have my flower beds to plant and my potato spuds left. The package of flowers that was to arrive Friday came in the mail today . I can plant that in the garage even if it rains as the soil will be dry.

Short and Sassy~I have oa in my neck and shoulders. I know how you feel. I take Mobic for my inflamation. The hips and knees really snap crackle and pop. Makes me feel older than I am. Do you have a pillow that supports your neck? The therapy will help you feel better. Keep me posted.

Suetalks~It turned out to be a beautiful day. Yes, it is breezy here. Got the windows open to let it cool the house. Did you get your planting done? We are forecasted to have rain about 11pm.

Sassy~Are you feeling better today? Things settle down for you?

Marti~Can you do some light stretching at your desk or break room? Even the ladies lounge might work. Some thing to help you relax and ease the stress? It sounds like the meditation room is too far away to be effective. The exercise will come back to you. Please don't bite off too much and over do it.

Mindee~you are quiet today. Ya ok? I am trying to find out something about the tomato plant thing you were telling me about.

I need to walk Noelle, then start winding down for the night. Tomorrow I am helping my Neice ready her garden plot for tilling. We might have to duck and dive the rain showers . I think we can get it started.

Everyone have a good evening. Thanks Pat
  • Hello All!!

Support from a couple of people with similar stats may be just what I need to get back on the exercise wagon. I was doing great for a while. Then I got sick one week, and things have been sporadic ever since. I really should pop in my Leslie Sansone dvd this evening. I have a great exercise plan, I just need to follow through.

Trish, I love the way you said "banding together". I couldn't think of a good term to use and I didn't want to use the word "competition", because I don't want to compete with you guys. I want to see us reach our goals together. And, as you said, inspire one another.

Sassy_Chick
    , I envy you! I have a week off in July for shutdown. I can't wait either. In the past three years I've had literally one off day to myself. I'm so glad the company my husband works for isn't off during that time.

Marti - I hope the rest of this week flies by for you. I'm having a long week myself. It's not much fun. Thankfully, we have jobs though, right?

Hi there SueTalks. You make, I think, the third person from Indiana I've "met" here. If I had to judge from the three of you, I'd assume it's a friendly place! I hope you're enjoying retirement. I think I'd have trouble with the refrigerator too.

Short and Sassy - I hope those meds and massage work for you. I agree. This thread moves like lightening.

Dixie! You've been a busy lady. I'm gonna come to your house and make myself a big bowl of salad.

Well, Ladies, I should get crackin on that Leslie Sansone dvd. I have one of her early ones that's a four mile. It's so 80s looking. It's effective though.
    Have a great night everyone!
  • anybody want a 2 1/2 year old? Logan has been a little demon child since Saturday night when we picked them up from the sitter! Today he decided to play with his poop in his room. I was soooooo mad.....then to top it off a little while later, he decided to dump Tommy's Iced Tea all over the kitchen floor! So, I had to mop the floor and then make dinner.

I didn't get a chance to soak my feet last night because, of course, Marissa had other plans like usual! BUT they did feel better after I took her for a walk.......I don't know how that worked out but it did.

Amanda~ I do the 2 Mile Walk N Tone Leslie Sansone dvd in the morning after I get my son on the bus. Then at night my daughter seems to not be happy unless we go for a walk around the complex. So, three trips around the complex equals 2.5 miles. But I have been working on bumping that up.

Trish & Amanda~ I say we rock this and start shedding those pounds!

Pat~ Nope, nothing is wrong on this end. Tuesdays are my long nights. My hubby is a Mason, and Tuesdays are the nights of his meetings, so I usually don't get alone until after the kids are in bed. This coming Thursday we are going to the zoo, so I will probably not be on until later Thursday night. And then Saturday my hubby has a function with the Masons, so I will be here at home with the kids until he gets home. BUT I will make it worth something.....

I am going to be getting some more Leslie Sansone workout dvds when we get some extra money.
  • Well, today was a busy day. Got up early and went to get my hair cut and then 2 doors down to get my nail fills. I was going to have a pedicure, but I got up during the night and the toilet wouldn't shut off. I removed the tank top to stop it and dropped the cleanser on my foot and put a bruise on it. So there was no way I was going to allow anyone to scrub and massage a sore foot. Came back and got DH and we went to Staples and then out to eat at Ryan's. I had what I call a "scheduled" off plan meal. I got a baked chicken breast and tried to eat it, but it was way too dry so I ate most of a chicken leg that I took the skin and batter off of. I had a very good salad with a little bit of FF dressing and some broccoli spears. The off plan part was the slice of carrot cake I had for dessert which is my favorite and I only eat it when we go to Ryan's which isn't all that often. I got right back OP at snack time. Then we went to Wal-Mart and I stocked up on all the foods that I need to be 100% on P1 of the new SBD book. Been drinking a lot of water and green tea when I got home so haven't had much room for much food this evening and the yogurt snack I fixed was tremendously filling but not all that good. I intended to get some ricotta cheese, but forgot it and wouldn't go back to the dairy area to get it.

Amanda - I think Mindee originally used "band together" and I too like that rather than making it a competition. Some people lose quicker than others and no one should be intimidated by that. We are all moving at our own pace and on different plans. SBD people say don't exercise the 1st week of P1 as your body is stressed from detoxing. Also a lot of things going on as the body corrects itself and revvs up the metabolism. From what I read the blood sugar and other numbers are beginning to normalize. Strange thing is that I am really ready to start the exercise, but I am determined to see this thing thru properly so I will do it as they say. Besides I need to read more about exercising in the exercise part of the book before I really get into it. I like the fact that the 3 of us (and all of us here at JL's) as far as that goes can encourage and cheer each other on. I think this is going to be good for me tho because I am motivated not to let you ladies or myself down.

Marti & Sassy - Hope things get better and settle down at work soon. However, it looks like that is going to be a while for you Marti. I hope you are feeling better Sassy and hope your days off will help.

Ruth - I am so sorry about the arthritis in your neck and shoulder. I guess most of these things go with getting older although I am hoping some of it gets better as we lose weight. You, Pat, Sue and othersare so busy working in your gardens planting. Now that is definitely calledExercise girls! Good for you.

Mindee - where are you? Are you planting as well?

Jane - Hello if you get to check in here. We miss you and are thinking of you. Hope you are having a really great time.

Boy we are a growing little group and I can't keep up with everything and everyone. Jules, Tammy, Vann and all the others I missed Hello .

I'm going to close off and catch y'all tomorrow.

Trish
  • Mindee - You were writing while I was I guess. Sounds like Logan decided to let you know "he is still here" and he didn't like Mommy and Daddy having a night out without him. LOL They are precious, but can be little stinkers too. I thought of you and how you take your children for walks etc when I was reading my new SBD book. You are being such a "good" Mom as you are teaching them and helping them to form such a good habit to exercise, but you are making it a fun thing for them and so healthy for them as well. You are such a good example for them.
  • I didn't plant today, but will be going to buy plants first thing in the morning. DH cleared off under two trees in the back and wants me to plant before he mulches. I will buy a few things for the front while I am at it.
    I miss having a veggie garden, but don't miss the canning I used to do. I canned 98 quarts of beans one year and it was crazy! I usually just did beans and tomatoes. We grew other things but either ate them fresh or shared with others. Now our back fence neighbor brings us tomatoes.
    I got in 2 miles of walking today. Hope to start bike riding again tomorrow if the wind isn't bad.

Good night ladies.