Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #61  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

ughhhhh...I had to weigh myself for TBL challange..and I gained like 3 pounds. So not good. Oh well..I guess I can start over for the challange.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Not much going on here... I am trying to force myself to set up the ironing board and get the ironing done. Just feel lazy. I already walked and had OP breakfast and lunch. Have my dinner plans all in order. Cooked cabbage....so the house will smell. Lol.

Be back later to write more.....
Old 04-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #63  
I can dream, can't I?

Mindee- I just saw an advert in a magazine for free potty training dvd and other goodies. Go to www.pullups.com
You can even print out reward cards. Sounds cute and I thought of you.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #64  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies...

Had more snow this morning when hubby came home....it's all gone now but wow....April snow, who would have thought? I should have taken photos but didn't. Maybe if I wake up to it again tomorrow.....

Not a lot going on today. Going to go through some "junk drawers" and get rid of the junk! And then relax most of the day. I'm feeling pretty tired....maybe I need a nap!

I'll check in later tonight and catch up then.

Talk to you later!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #65  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, we had an eventful Saturday.

we were going to go up north to see my parents, but then we checked the bank account, and saw that maybe we should wait a couple weeks and then go up there.

we were also asked if we weren't doing anything to come over to my BIL and SIL's house for cake and ice cream for my SIL's birthday. Logan was acting up since he hadn't had a nap, so we decided to not go over there.

we instead spent the whole day together as a family doing some fun things! we took the kids to the mall to walk around. we also got my ring cleaned and inspected while we were there. we also looked at some outdoor chairs. Tommy wants to get some for our porch.

we left the mall and took the kids to this carnival that was not that far from the mall. Brandon walked around the carnival while I pushed Logan and Marissa. We left there and then went to Girbraltor to walk around there and to get something to eat. After we left there, we decided to go for a ride since it was still too nice to go home. Marissa and Logan fell asleep early on into the ride, by the time we headed to WalMart, all three of the kids were asleep! Got home, and put the kids to bed and then we just sat and relaxed.

Now, we are just spending time at home today! Tommy did the laundry this morning, so I will more then likely fold that tomorrow while Brandon is in school. Now, he is cleaning the last two stair cases, and then he is going to come home and make some dinner! the kids are excited about the hockey game coming on in about ten minutes! they have all had their baths, so it will be an easy time getting to into their beds tonight!

nothing really new for this coming week.....we are planning on going to a surprise birthday gathering for our oldest nephew Monday night. Then Wednesday is B's birthday and hearing test. Thursday is M's birthday and B doesn't have school that day!

When we were at Girbraltor yesterday, we decided to go and look at the Antique show. We walked past this one booth and the lady started talking to us. She asked if Marissa and Logan were twins because they look so much alike. Then she asked how old they were, and so I told her. She looked at B and M and said "well, happy birthday! let me see if I have anything for you!" she went to the one end of her table and gave B this Operation brain surgery came. Then she didn't want Logan to feel left out so she asked him if he likes trains, and I said he loves trains. So, the lady then asked us if B and L share a room, and we told her that they did. So, she gave L this Steam Locomotive clock. Every hour on the hour, a new steam engine sound goes off and it also has motion detection on it, so at night when the room is dark it won't keep going off. Then she felt bed because she went to give L a high five and M thought she was going to hit her, so she started to cry. The lady felt bad for making her cry, so she gave her this stuffed fish, which L took over. So, the lady gave M a stuffed pig which she wouldn't let go for anything!

Francie~ I can't wait for the Wii Fit to come out! I am hoping that we will be able to by it. Although, I am not sure if we need to have the Wii itself in order to buy it. Either way, I hope we can get it!

Jane~ Nope, I haven't found any flowers that I like. I was actually looking at the different colors that roses come in and I couldn't seem to find the right websites. So, I will do another search here in a second to see if any catch my eyes! When we used to live at my sister's house when Brandon was born, she had a pink rose bush and a yellow rose bush, and I loved both of those! And since it is looking like I will need to probably buy four or five bushes, I might get different colors and plant them. I just have a question though, is it okay to plant them now? The weather is really nice and the temps are not extremely hot - high 70's at the most. I just don't want to plant them and then have them die because I didn't plant them at the right time.

Trish~ Thanks for the nice comments on Marissa's picture! She was getting mad at daddy this morning because they were talking back and forth and then he started to talk to me and in a since had to stop the conversation with her, so she got mad!

Marti~ There was a handful of outfits that I had to toss because they had some stains on them, but for the most part, they were all in great condition!

Sue~ Thank you so much for thinking of me on that dvd! I will have to head over there and try and get one!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #66  

just popping in before heading to bed.

Logan has been having a rough night for some reason. He went to bed at about 8pm without any problems. When I went in to lay Brandon down, I saw that Logan was moving around, so I grabbed his cup and walked out. A few minutes later, Logan was screaming in his bed. I walked in there (after handing Marissa over to Tommy because she had been screaming in her bed) and he was sitting straight up in his bed. I picked him up and rubbed his back telling him that every thing was okay, and then laid him back down. I came out and pulled out Marissa's stroller and took her for a walk. After our walk, I came back inside with her and Tommy told me to shhhhh. I said "I know, she fell asleep on the ride back home." He then told me that Logan had woken up screaming again in his bed, and Tommy got him settled back in and then left the door open and he hasn't made any noise since I got back from the walk.

eta: wouldn't you know it, now one of them is barking like a seal, and it sounds like Brandon. So, it looks like a breathing treatment in the morning to nip it in the bud!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #67  

Height: 5'1"

Quicky for me today ladies...

I have a Class to take today. It's all day. It starts at 8:00 and I'm way too tired for it!!!

I'll try and get back on later on tonight, but right now, I need to hurry and get ready.

Talk to you all later!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #68  

Good Afternoon!

I'm going to try to start logging in more and posting!
I used to get on a little bit months ago.
I'm trying to get back on the right track for weight loss and a fit body.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

I tried to get on earlier this morning before DH and I went to see his new cardiologist, but couldn't get the internet to work right. I finally got on MSN and then couldn't go anywhere else. Have no idea what was going on. Dr said everything sounds good, but DH has a lot of tests to have done Monday to be sure. He will be at the drs office most of the morning next Monday.

Hope everybody is having a great I was so excited this morning because I decided to check my weight (supposed to wait until May 1st) and I've lost 7.5 lbs so far this month. I am hoping to have a 10 lb loss for this month. I am totally enjoying this WW Core way of eating. We went out to eat today at Sonny's BBQ and I found it soooo very easy to stay OP. I just had sliced beef no BBQ and ate raw veggies from the salad bar and used oil/vinegar on the salad. Totally Core meal.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #70  

just popping in for a second while I have a chance. I have a feeling that I will be taking a certain little one year old for a walk again tonight!

Trish~ That is great on your loss! I am leaning more towards WW, and I have so many websites bookmarked that I haven't had a chance to go through. I am going to make a point to go through them soon!

Katenicole~ Nice to see you in here! I can't wait to get to know you better!

Marti~ have fun in your class!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 04-21-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #71  

Thanks Mindee. I am doing the WW Core and using some of the mufas from from the Flat Belly Diet counting the veggie ones as part of my veggies and have to count a point for some others, but it works. It is so much like the IE/I Can Make You Thin rules which makes it very easy to follow the WW Core plan. It just kind of came together for me.

Katenicole - Glad you're hear and look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #72  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - YAY for the 1# down! I think you'll make it through the challenges at work ok since you're planning ahead on how to handle it. Did you do anything fun yesterday?

Francie - you're welcome to join some of us other Jaded Ladies in Marti's Pointer Sista Challenge. Regardless, you'll do fine at TBL challenge.

Sue - did you get your ironing done? It's a tedious job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?

Marti - ah, I've got a junk drawer in my kitchen that's a doosey. It's huge, and we have to go through it every few months. Neal is real bad about saving the silliest stuff and I'm terrible about throwing in anything that I don't know what else to do with. But, hey, I guess that's why they're called a junk drawer, right? Is the class for work?

Mindee - yes, it's ok to plant roses now. Any perennial that is pushing through the soil in your area, at this time, would be ok to plant. One of my favorite roses is the Carefree Delight. They open kind of flat, and are pink with yellow centers, and really are carefree. All you have to do is trim them back in the late fall or early spring. Well, you have to water them, lol. Did you have fun at the nephew's bd party? Sounds like you sure had a good time as a family this weekend.

KateNicole - welcome! Were you a member of the Jaded Ladies before? Either way, we're glad you're here. When/if you want to, you can fill out a bio so we'll know more about you.

Trish - A big Whoo Hoo for you on your 7.5 pound loss! That's so great, especially with you just getting back from vacation! I'm so glad you like Core. I think you've found just the right plan this time. How's DH doing with the upcoming surgery? Hope he isn't too nervous or anything.

I've had an easy day. Did some cleaning and laundry, bought some scrapbook paper, spent some time outdoors, did my exercises, made some ham salad for Neal, and now I'm going finish my book.

I'm OP with the food, but hate that I'm losing weight that was gained over the winter. I go up and down so much, I have to check my journal to see where I stand. Time to stick to it, right?

Have a good one, ladies!

Last edited by Jane; 04-21-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #73  
I can dream, can't I?

Jane- Like you I am losing the same weight I lost last year. I was so disappointed to gain from Sept. till March. But, more determined to get rid of it. After losing by riding the bike last Spring I just gave up for the Winter. Stress, and just not doing what I knew I should. Soooo..like I said before, here I go again, again.

Trish- Mega congrats to you. That weight loss is terrific. And to think you were on vacation! Keep up the good work.

Mindee- Did you find out about the dvd? Hope it is cute and helps.

katenichole- Glad to see you here and hope to talk to you more in the future.

Okay...gotta hurry. I have tv to watch. Took Mom for therapy today and they sure put her through a lot. She is sore tonight. She will go for 4 weeks, twice a week. Hopefully along with the epidural she will be fine.

I rode my bike 2 miles and did a little yard work after washing bedclothes. The good news is that I went back to Mon. weigh in and had lost 2 pounds! Surprise!

Leaving in the morning for an over night so will be back on here Wed. night. Going down by Louisville to another riverboat/hotel with DH's sis and her DH. Wish me luck!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #74  

Sue & Jane - I know what your mean about losing those recycled lbs. Of the 7.5 lbs I lost 6 of them were recycled that I had lost over and over and over in the past 6 months or so. When I saw that I had finally broke past those 6 lbs, I decided it was time to get into some new territory and keep going. If I had kept going befoe, I would be down to goal a long time ago. O well, I can't change what happened in the past, just need to change the future.

DH is dealing with the surgery pretty good... has good days and bad. But he is ready to get it over with. I'm thinking with all the working around tests and getting appointments with the doctors that it could be the end of May or even June before it will be done though. He won't like it taking so long to get in, but we will do what we have to do. You know they don't get in a hurry.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #75  

just popping in here before heading off to bed.

well, as the phrase goes "when it rains, it pours" the person never thought that it would be all over my bathroom floor! One of the daughters of our neighbor upstairs pulled the stem (I think that is what Tommy said it was called) out of the middle knob that you use to turn the water on, so they couldn't get the water to stop until her husband got home to shut the water off! So, because of that, water started to drip through our ceiling!

the maintenance guy came out and checked everything. he actually wasn't going to come out until he found out that it was dripping through our ceiling. when he showed up he told Tommy to go in a poke a couple of wholes into the ceiling to let the water drip. (the ceiling was getting soft) he came into our apartment after checking out upstairs, and looked a the ceiling. He said that he would be back in the morning, and told me what he wanted for breakfast. I said "well, we don't have any bacon, and I only make scrambled eggs so you are out of luck!"

Trish~ I will definitely have to look into that! The past couple of nights, Marissa has been waking up between 9:30 and 10:30, so I pull out her stroller and walk her around the complex. I believe it is roughly two miles all the way around the complex, so it is a nice work out for mommy!

Jane~ Thanks for the gardening advice! I love blue bird roses, they are lavender in color. I had them in my bouquet when we got married, and fell in love with them! A friend of mine, her dad passed away a couple months after me and Tommy had gotten married and his favorite flower was yellow roses. So, I was thinking of doing a yellow rose bush, but then I saw all these other colors and now I don't know! Nope, we didn't go to the birthday party. It was actually for one of my SIL's, and it was just cake and ice cream. I really am not a cake and ice cream kind of person, so I really wasn't too keen on going over there just for that anyways. Plus, their boys are a lot wilder then Brandon and Logan. So, every time they are all together, Brandon and Logan end up acting like them and are just as hyper as them. (plus, they had been over on Friday)

Sue~ Thank you so much for that link! I actually signed up to get one of the dvd's so when I get it, I will let you know how helpful it is! Good luck at the river boat!
Closed Thread