Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

I hate hollering singing. Linda Ronstadt did that in the Blue Bayou song. Loved her. Hated that hollering.

200 lbs of poop! Instant weight loss.

How many people have to be interviewed for this internship? For DS's non-governmental one, he had letters from two teachers.

Tomorrow a new regime starts at work. We'll see, I guess.

DS will be home next week for a while. He could feed the cats while I go to Paris on Kiwi's boat with Bagz and Wabby. Kiwi can come if she cooks pumpkin on the boat.

I'm so glad you all posted. Wabby and Billy sittin in a tree. k.i.s.s.i.n.g.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #47  
Member w/ messiest house

My internet connection is so FREAKIN slow that I've resorted to reading and cleaning out old emails on my computer waiting for the freaking thing to load anything. We recently had our internet service SOLD to another company, and they just gave us a new local number to use for dialup (used to be a free long distance number). Since then I can't load 2 pages at the same time, and every single freaking page takes about 10 minutes. It is awful awful awful and I'm getting very stressed. I spent an hour and a half updated my tracfone minutes -- which are supposed to update automatically every month, but like everything else in my life DOES NOT WORK so I have to go online every month and spend half my day doing it. Since then I haven't been able to do anything much online and I'm getting MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD.

I agree with you about Carly, Bagz. I liked her, but she just didn't quite hit it. And I also agree about David Cook -- he is a real winner. Great voice, original style, in spite of myself I'm finding him a little dreamy. I say in spite of myself, because lets be frank he's not exactly a 10 in the looks department. Kind of odd looking in fact, but there's definitely something there, no doubt. How about that "Music of the Night" rendition? Makes me tingle just to remember it.

DD is being vetted for national security clearance, that's why it is so extensive. Hopefully done soon.

I raked for 3 minutes today! I uncovered those poor daffodil leaves that are trying so hard to sprout. I also discovered a few snowflowers blooming. Very cute. (not coming up out of snow however, just out of the dead grass)
Old 04-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #48  
loves kleenex box art

speaking of dreamy, we got our new boss today. He's 26 and all the did, all day long, was help people. He was NICE all the time. Never superior acting. I may like him more than the last one.

For some time now, I wanted to go to the new age churchy thing in Ft Walton but don't want to go alone so I asked my yoga teacher, now and then, if I could go with her. She finally told me she rarely goes and only goes if there's a certain speaker but she knows this one woman who goes all the time and she'd tell her to call me. The woman left a message on my machine. She sounded freaked out by having to call a stranger. She's not going because gas is too high and here's the directions and if I have more questions call her or the yoga teacher. So much for that.

I remember how Bagzie thinks she's best at imagining the worst. The other day, I was walking outside and when I squinted in the sun, this little dark spot appeared in my vision. Left eye. Over and over. I was certain I was going blind and was surprised when I looked in a mirror later to see a blob of mascara on a low lash.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #49  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
this little dark spot appeared in my vision. Left eye. Over and over. I was certain I was going blind and was surprised when I looked in a mirror later to see a blob of mascara on a low lash.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #50  

Bill was running 2 hours late and I won't wait around on any man that long. Next time if he wants to see me, he'd better be on time. I had a movie to go to. Actually, I stood him up. I was busy in the yard and I didn't want to get cleaned up to go. I'm such a political activist.

Peach, that's a cute chicken little story. I, for one, am so relieved that you're not going blind.

I'm putting my money on David Archuletta. I think he's so talented and just adorable.

I'm invited to DS's today for bbq. It's a Kaydy day. Can't wait to see my little love bug.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Hope you're having a lovely day with Kaydy et al.

We had dinner with the in-laws. I brought the salad. Yay me.

DD went to Spring Fling and had a great time. She saw the Dropkick Murphys and Common. Don't ask me, all I know is the D. M. s are the ones who play the Red Sox's theme song "Shipping up to Boston"?

I like David Archuleta too. I think it should come down to the 2 Davids. That would make a great show for me to go to (DD and I will be at the final competition show). However if Brooke is in the final, or "Summer" as DH keeps calling her I may have to campaign, bring signs, scream and yell a lot for whoever else is in it.

Gold fish pond
Old 04-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

what does gold fish pond mean? why summer?

I want advice. There's this woman at work whom I am growing to hate. I like her before. When she started at the store, she complained (to me) that no one liked her. A wouldn't talk to her; B wouldn't look at her; C would stop talking when she came around. It included every single person. She was going through a stressful time (her dh was ill and has died since) and I put it off to that. Now, I don't work with her but three times when I've walked into the room where she is she has greeted me with stuff like "What's wrong with you? You look stressed." She does this in front of others (people she knows better than I do or customers) and it brings me down. I think I'm feeling fine. I walk into the break room to get an aspiring out of my purse and this happens. I walk into the place where I used to work with her and this happens. I can't not walk into rooms. Dear Abby, What should I do?
Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

Those words just seemed to fall out of my fingers. No one knows why. DH calls this girl Summer for approximately the same reason. Or perhaps, because her name is Brooke, he is just casting about for a noun that is descriptive of her. She did wear a yellow dress with rows of ruffles or something on it one week when she sang a sunshiney song; I can't remember which one. And she's blonde.

Oh my, I had a friend like that woman when I was a kid (she was also a kid ). When she called and I would answer the phone, she would immediately say "what's wrong?" I can't think of too many more annoying things. My advice is to say something entirely nonsensical every time she tells you that. I would recommend: "did you know that 'stressed' spelled backwards is 'desserts'". If this doesn't stop her after 2 or 3 times, I can't imagine what would.

Also it might make YOU laugh, which will at least make the whole thing less annoying, right?

I am printing online coupons. It's stupid and boring.

Kiwi
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

Not all stores take printed coupons. Did you check? And if they take them, they limit how much the coupon can be worth. I know so much.

Thanks for the advice. Last time she did it, I said "why do I look stressed?" She seemed stumped. I said "is it the lines around my eyes or what?" "Ah, yes," she said. "Ok," I said, "I'll go fix my eyes." But it was embarrassing because there two other people in the room, people I'm not acquainted with but she is, and they were watching all this. Also, I know HER well enough that I know I was talked about when I left the room. What I wanted to say was, "I was thinking the same thing about you. You look like sh*t." But I was at work and couldn't get away with it.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 AM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Idea #2

Repeat very slowly: "s-t-r-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-e-d" as if you are trying to remember what it means.

I do like your idea, although I suppose it might not go over well in the work environment... Sometimes when people say icky inappropriate things to me I just stare at them.

We watched 28 Weeks Later tonight. Sequel to the British zombie movie. Disgustingly bloody, very creepy. But well done!

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-28-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: My eyes sting. Maybe I should go to bed
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

She Got It!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

Oh yay! Now what's the timeline? She's in Oman and DC both this summer? Explain.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

No, she'll be in D.C. from early June to early August. The study abroad is for the fall, end of August I imagine. Quite a contrast from one program to the other: we have almost no information about the internship and all expenses are paid by our generous government.

The study abroad on the other hand costs a bundle and we have a bundle of info about it. Some things we know, we don't even want to know. Such as the fact that they don't use toilet paper over there. Every toilet has a sprayer attached that you use to clean yourself. What I don't understand is how you get dry, and if you don't, I'm going to worry about that, which I'd really rather not think about. Sheesh.

Well, I promised myself I'd get something done today. Does looking up toiletting habits of Omanis count as an accomplishment?

My datter will never be the same.

Oh wait, she never WAS the same!

I just roasted some peppers -- a red and a yellow one, and 2 jalepenos. My browser thinks jalepenos is spelled wrong and suggests pentecostal.

I'm going to make some salsa.

Your new boss sounds nifty, Peach. Do you think he will be fair to everyone?
Kiwi
Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I'm told that all new managers start this way: they work WITH the employees to get to know them and see what's what. Then they go sit down.

My guacamole is really spicy because I put five pentecostals in it. Yep. That works.

I watched Regis this morning and that tattooed girl was on it with her her tattoo-faced husband. They own a tattoo parlor and tattooing is their life. Her husband, with the scrolls all over his cheeks, forehead, next to eyes, does not cameras. So ... he's like shy and doesn't like attention?

A sprayer sounds green, doesn't it? No tp? Save the trees! Or .. save the water and use a Sears catalog?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, she was certainly an interesting contestant. Seemed like a lovely girl to me, very talented. I'm not sure American Idol was quite her bailiwick.

I suppose a sprayer is much much better for sewage systems, saves trees. Although in a desert country, wouldn't you be more concerned about water than anything else? Apparently Omanis are very health and cleanliness conscious, and find the whole TP idea gross. Clean water is plentiful because, I believe, the government considers it a high priority. Not because it is a plentiful resource there, obviously.

Another interesting point is that when there is an event -- like a wedding or a big religious celebration day, all the women are expected to buy new clothes and get very gussied up. Oy. I've been trying to prepare DD to spend a lot of money on clothes (and accept a lot of help from us, which she doesn't like to).

It's pouring here. I did some raking yesterday, 3 tubs full, and planned to do a little more each day. Not happening today. Where do other people put the leaves et al that they rake up? I used to use a plastic tarp with handles, but the dog (Molly) ate the handles. Now I use a big red plastic tub. Doesn't hold much.

Your friend Kiwi

P.S. I finally wrote to Jet's breeder to tell her about the seizures. I feel totally sick to my stomach.

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-29-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Closed Thread